BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sure they did !!! BS. No clubs are asking for additional fees.

I'm so tired of people saying "I call BS on this" !!!!!
Please don't make people post an email on here that was meant only for players/parents of one club. A girls club in Maryland ABSOLUTELY asked for money for summer dues. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did. Maybe some other clubs have already collected fees for the summer so they don't have to ask for $$ right now - who knows. The point is people have paid their clubs for a spring season that has not happened - so the clubs are already in possession of spring fees - for girls around Maryland that is between $450 - $650 depending on your club. Some clubs in Maryland may already be in possession of summer dues/fees which is another $550-$800 depending on your club & the tournaments you play in. Some clubs that have not already billed for summer are doing so now and asking parents to fork over another $500-$800 for a season that most likely will not happen. People are rightfully hesitating on paying them. I think people's position is not that they don't want to pay their fees or want the club out any money. It's that they've already paid for spring and have gotten nothing and do not want to pay for summer and get nothing again. A poster said when you accept your position on the club team you agree to pay for a year's term. Well no one would agree to paying for 12 months of club but only getting 6 months of actual lacrosse. That is the silliest thing I've heard. I know that soccer and baseball are in the same situation and it stinks. I've heard the argument that clubs are collecting money now for this summer or have already collected it for this summer and don't want to refund it because it is used for next year's tournaments. Right now no clubs are paying for field rentals or officiating. No tournaments are either. There's administrative costs. If tournaments won't refund the money but are willing to apply it to next year's (2021) tournament then there is no need for clubs to have to put out money for next year. It's already paid. See why parents are hesitant to hand over more money or are asking for at least partial refunds back ???!!!

Maybe this will be a good lesson for all. If you are robbing Peter to pay Paul something needs to change.

I personally do not want a full refund and most people probably don't either - that's absurd. I don't even mind that the money I paid for spring may be credited to next year's dues. But I do not want to pay any more money until there is some clarification of what will happen this summer. And I don't think that's unreasonable

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you're misunderstanding what the posters are saying. They're not saying that Club X's annual dues are $2,000 and suddenly they asking for additional fees over the stated $2,000. They're saying this particular club is asking for the portion of the fees that covers their summer season and people don't want to pay that portion since summer is unlikely to happen. The club they're talking about bills in 4 separate installments. Parents have already paid the portions of the annual dues that covers fall/winter/spring. And since they've paid for spring and lacrosse was canceled they're balking at paying for summer too.

So you're correct in that this club is not asking for additional fees that go above their regular annual dues. But that's not what people meant when they said they were being asking to pay more money. Maybe that should've been made more clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm so tired of people saying "I call BS on this" !!!!!
Please don't make people post an email on here that was meant only for players/parents of one club. A girls club in Maryland ABSOLUTELY asked for money for summer dues. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did. Maybe some other clubs have already collected fees for the summer so they don't have to ask for $$ right now - who knows. The point is people have paid their clubs for a spring season that has not happened - so the clubs are already in possession of spring fees - for girls around Maryland that is between $450 - $650 depending on your club. Some clubs in Maryland may already be in possession of summer dues/fees which is another $550-$800 depending on your club & the tournaments you play in. Some clubs that have not already billed for summer are doing so now and asking parents to fork over another $500-$800 for a season that most likely will not happen. People are rightfully hesitating on paying them. I think people's position is not that they don't want to pay their fees or want the club out any money. It's that they've already paid for spring and have gotten nothing and do not want to pay for summer and get nothing again. A poster said when you accept your position on the club team you agree to pay for a year's term. Well no one would agree to paying for 12 months of club but only getting 6 months of actual lacrosse. That is the silliest thing I've heard. I know that soccer and baseball are in the same situation and it stinks. I've heard the argument that clubs are collecting money now for this summer or have already collected it for this summer and don't want to refund it because it is used for next year's tournaments. Right now no clubs are paying for field rentals or officiating. No tournaments are either. There's administrative costs. If tournaments won't refund the money but are willing to apply it to next year's (2021) tournament then there is no need for clubs to have to put out money for next year. It's already paid. See why parents are hesitant to hand over more money or are asking for at least partial refunds back ???!!!

Maybe this will be a good lesson for all. If you are robbing Peter to pay Paul something needs to change.

I personally do not want a full refund and most people probably don't either - that's absurd. I don't even mind that the money I paid for spring may be credited to next year's dues. But I do not want to pay any more money until there is some clarification of what will happen this summer. And I don't think that's unreasonable

What's unreasonable is your tired rants on BOTC every day. I open the link to think there is a good subject, and all I read is another one of your posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you're misunderstanding what the posters are saying. They're not saying that Club X's annual dues are $2,000 and suddenly they asking for additional fees over the stated $2,000. They're saying this particular club is asking for the portion of the fees that covers their summer season and people don't want to pay that portion since summer is unlikely to happen. The club they're talking about bills in 4 separate installments. Parents have already paid the portions of the annual dues that covers fall/winter/spring. And since they've paid for spring and lacrosse was canceled they're balking at paying for summer too.

So you're correct in that this club is not asking for additional fees that go above their regular annual dues. But that's not what people meant when they said they were being asking to pay more money. Maybe that should've been made more clear.

Thank you for the clarification. Still tough to be shelling out any money for lax right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big clubs have been printing or stealing money for a long long time. Then can afford to forego this summer. The gravy train will be running again in 2021

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big clubs have been printing or stealing money for a long long time. Then can afford to forego this summer. The gravy train will be running again in 2021

Total rip off these clubs . Prices we pay compare to other states than ny is crazy . Hope people start learning .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its going to be interesting to see how many clubs try and keep the summer tuition that everyone has ponied up. Has anyone been contacted regarding refunds ?
I have not heard from my sons club team. They also have not asked for my final tuition payment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its going to be interesting to see how many clubs try and keep the summer tuition that everyone has ponied up. Has anyone been contacted regarding refunds ?
I have not heard from my sons club team. They also have not asked for my final tuition payment.

The only message sent by the Turtles informing us the PAL season was cancelled. Nothing about refunds. Thinking about it, they were charging people $100 if you were late with March payment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only message sent by the Turtles informing us the PAL season was cancelled. Nothing about refunds. Thinking about it, they were charging people $100 if you were late with March payment.

Many of these club owners think they are a step above their consumers, I think there's couple names for what they are doing; stealing, fraud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$100 late fee? Really?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$100 late fee? Really?

Not that any of the others are much better... but Turtles sounds like a mess. But, i do love how each of the clubs preach how they are "unlike the other clubs" - LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their will be a travel season it will just start a little late relax folks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you basing that on? You really think in 6-8 weeks from now people will be comfortable sharing portable bathrooms? Shut Down most likely lasting months more for NYC and the surrounding areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges are already cancelling all summer lax prospect camps, as late as the end of July. This summer season looks like a wash. Even if the clubs want and are willing to play, they will have no where to play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges are already cancelling all summer lax prospect camps, as late as the end of July. This summer season looks like a wash. Even if the clubs want and are willing to play, they will have no where to play them.

I bet there will be places willing to hold events in GA, FL, NC, SC. The question will be if clubs from the North East will risk traveling to these events but the events will happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally do not want a full refund and most people probably don't either - that's absurd. I don't even mind that the money I paid for spring may be credited to next year's dues. But I do not want to pay any more money until there is some clarification of what will happen this summer. And I don't think that's unreasonable [/quote]

What's unreasonable is your tired rants on BOTC every day. I open the link to think there is a good subject, and all I read is another one of your posts. [/quote]

Why would you log on to a thread called "should travel team issue refunds" and then say someone who posted (however long winded) about the topic is tired or ranting. They're talking about the topic of the thread.

Maybe they should rant about reclassifications ?? Than you'd like it better ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's unreasonable is your tired rants on BOTC every day. I open the link to think there is a good subject, and all I read is another one of your posts. [/quote]

Why would you log on to a thread called "should travel team issue refunds" and then say someone who posted (however long winded) about the topic is tired or ranting. They're talking about the topic of the thread.

Maybe they should rant about reclassifications ?? Than you'd like it better ??
[/quote]
Please , that horse has been beaten beyond dead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$100 late fee? Really?

Not that any of the others are much better... but Turtles sounds like a mess. But, i do love how each of the clubs preach how they are "unlike the other clubs" - LOL

Turtles total mess . Shady no permit for outdoor . All Smithtown parents bow down to this clown of a owner . Son sends the emails but when someone backlash tiny Lax Unlimited owner gets involved and starts with threats. Not a fan of the program. They call themselves not like the rest . There rates are up there close to the the rest . Still living on there grad 2017 team that never even did the right thing and gave back to the to youth like a nice turtles alumni clinic. But will do a clinic after the governor shut it down . They have a indoor place now thats empty and paying rent . His stores are shut down . Nothing about refunds or partial refund but want to do online B.S stuff to protect themselves . Also 91 , express , Leagacy , igloo whats your plan ?? They have to all be talking to each other .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$100 late fee? Really?

Turtles total mess . Shady no permit for outdoor . All Smithtown parents bow down to this clown of a owner . Son sends the emails but when someone backlash tiny Lax Unlimited owner gets involved and starts with threats. Not a fan of the program. They call themselves not like the rest . There rates are up there close to the the rest . Still living on there grad 2017 team that never even did the right thing and gave back to the to youth like a nice turtles alumni clinic. But will do a clinic after the governor shut it down . They have a indoor place now thats empty and paying rent . His stores are shut down . Nothing about refunds or partial refund but want to do online B.S stuff to protect themselves . Also 91 , express , Leagacy , igloo whats your plan ?? They have to all be talking to each other .

Wow, what did the turtles owner do to you to make you so upset? It could be one, or all of three things; money, your kid, or he slept with your wife. If you don't care for the organization, cut your losses and move on. Youth Lacrosse has been off the radar for 2 months as of now and most likely we will not see it for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the bigger MD clubs is saying if the season is cancelled, they hope to return half of the tuition after any fees they can't get back and a small stipend for the coaches. There will not be tryouts in August. Things will crank back up in the fall with the same roster. I think that sounds fair.

There is talk of holding tournaments into late August and over Labor Day. My family has no interest in that. If I had a '22, I would feel differently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the bigger MD clubs is saying if the season is cancelled, they hope to return half of the tuition after any fees they can't get back and a small stipend for the coaches. There will not be tryouts in August. Things will crank back up in the fall with the same roster. I think that sounds fair.

There is talk of holding tournaments into late August and over Labor Day. My family has no interest in that. If I had a '22, I would feel differently.

Reasonable response. I would be satisfied with credit for next season in lieu of refund if there were no tryouts. I understand others might be in different situation and need the return of money. Would be surprising if clubs forgo the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reasonable response. I would be satisfied with credit for next season in lieu of refund if there were no tryouts. I understand others might be in different situation and need the return of money. Would be surprising if clubs forgo the tryouts.

The recent trend in MD is to move tryouts closer and closer to the end of the season with the clubs leap frogging each other. If facilities are not open for large gatherings in late July or early August, there likely won't be tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess 2021 are out half their money with nothing to show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did twenty4 lacrosse close shop?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slept with your wife is a good one. Sounds like a business owner with brick and mortar store fronts and limited business this year may scrabbling for money. Little man is in trouble. Charging 100 dollar late fees is not going to cut it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you ask if 24 closed shop?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

21's should get all of their $ back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you ask if 24 closed shop?

because they are scavengers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

21's should get all of their $ back.

Although summer activities may be limited, that said I'm planning on spending most of the summer away from the Island. Likewise, if summer lax does open up, the planes I already made will not be interrupted by youth travel lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck getting the money back. The tourney orgs are not giving money back -they will come up with reasons that fees need to be paid. CR and NGLL trying to replace 10 week season with 3 day Labor Day tourney. Maybe some credits for next season but doubtful. Some clubs will jave tryouts -they had fall ball and know the weak players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck getting the money back. The tourney orgs are not giving money back -they will come up with reasons that fees need to be paid. CR and NGLL trying to replace 10 week season with 3 day Labor Day tourney. Maybe some credits for next season but doubtful. Some clubs will jave tryouts -they had fall ball and know the weak players.

There will not be any summer tournaments. They have to give something back. Not a lot, but something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will not be any summer tournaments. They have to give something back. Not a lot, but something.

Not a lot???? How about the whole thing! My son is a rising senior, No Refund=Lawsuit! Sorry if some of you sheep are too scared to ask! What you still don't get is that good kids play and will always be valued!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a lot???? How about the whole thing! My son is a rising senior, No Refund=Lawsuit! Sorry if some of you sheep are too scared to ask! What you still don't get is that good kids play and will always be valued!

Here is an idea.
Clubs, with teams that can compete at all age levels, set up 1-day playdays. Each team plays 3 to 4 games in one day. '26-'24 on Sat '23-'21 on Sunday. Ask only 1 parent per kid. The games could be played at private high schools with multiple fields.
90% of the players will show up. Just to get out of the house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you feel you should get a full refund?
Did your son's team not have any Fall practices/Recruiting Events?
Was there any activity for Winter?
Was any gear/uniforms purchased and handed out?

I think if a summer season doesn't happen, a partial refund for rising seniors should be acceptable -- assuming clubs received refunds on cancelled events
For all younger ages, "refund" is applied to next season's tuition and no tryouts this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you feel you should get a full refund?
Did your son's team not have any Fall practices/Recruiting Events?
Was there any activity for Winter?
Was any gear/uniforms purchased and handed out?

I think if a summer season doesn't happen, a partial refund for rising seniors should be acceptable -- assuming clubs received refunds on cancelled events
For all younger ages, "refund" is applied to next season's tuition and no tryouts this year

that scenario assumes all kids will go back to the same team which probably isn't realistic so partial refund has to be in the discussion. its shocking how quiet the clubs have been, which will be the first one to do the right thing and come forward with a smart compromise that makes parents and kids stay with the program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If summer lacrosse is cancelled.

It is the clubs responsibility to get refunds for their tournament fees.
The clubs are responsible for the refunds to their consumers.
The tournaments are run by the express and 91s of the lacrosse world. Are they not going to issue themselves a refund ? I think not.

The club owner that is on here saying that they played in a fall practice and a recruiting tournament, which is probably ala cart, is reaching. Don't think that the tournament refund excuse is going to buy time and alleviate the clubs from their financial obligation to their consumers.

If they do not issue full refunds, they will get taken to court where they will lose. And they will lose every case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs are quiet because nobody knows what will happen June, July, maybe August. This never happened before. I never heard of the term social distancing before. I’m sure when the dust settles in the next few weeks, their will be some sort of direction, credits, refunds etc. Until then, we need to sit tight, stay safe and wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tournaments are run by the express and 91s of the lacrosse world. Are they not going to issue themselves a refund ? I think not.

The club owner that is on here saying that they played in a fall practice and a recruiting tournament, which is probably ala cart, is reaching. Don't think that the tournament refund excuse is going to buy time and alleviate the clubs from their financial obligation to their consumers.

If they do not issue full refunds, they will get taken to court where they will lose. And they will lose every case.

Keep saying clubs getting refunds from tournament's ?? How much is a tournament per team $900 to $1300 ? Thats Nothing from a team with 23 plus kids . Clubs Run tournaments and I highly doubt all tournaments are paid in full already .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're whats wrong with the world on so many levels. My kid had 8 Fall practices and played in 2 tournaments. Why should I get a full refund? Maybe they roll it over but to go to court over this? You're a sad little man. 5'2" and a puffy chest on a lacrosse board. #littleguy

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard