BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn't see the game but if the above post was right and the coach cleared the bench (in the first half) and instructed the players to pass the ball around... what would you suggest, the refs calling the game... or maybe your that wiseguy parent that would say they should have played 3 girls down for practice.

To honor the game is to play the game, there is a fine balance of shoving it someone's face and playing/honoring the game.

Bay Shore has had a fine reputation of playing hard nosed girls lacrosse. Something they worked hard to build. They respect the game, honor their legacy and hold a high standard for their academic achievements.

Anyone not from BS that was there feel free to chime in.

You people are ridiculous , no one said its about stats, but an 18 goal margin of victory is wrong . Try to justify it all you want but its poor sportmanship .When a lower level to mid level team beats up on a beginner team everyone jumps all over them but now that your precious Bayshore team wins by 19 you justify it by saying they did it with back-up players,now thats class.Winning by 15 or more is poor sportmanship no matter how its done or who its done against. Even more pathetic is people coming on here trying to justify it.

Give me a break , get your head out of Bay Shores back end. Playing / honoring the game ,please who do you think you are. All you morons try to comprehend a semi bad team crushes a very bad team by 18 is the same as a very good team crushing an okay team by 18 .Bayshore holds a high standard for academic achievements , seriously are you that clueless, compare your academic standards to Ward Melville or cold spring harbor.Any team that wins by 18 is just plain poor sportsmanship ,if the coach could not tell they had a complete mismatch on their hands at 5-0 then they are clueless, or just a jack---.

And your point of this rant is? You are acting like the nouns that you used.

Folks like you are what bring a negative light on lacrosse....especially on the girls' side. None of our ladies are going pro as players....so chill out. "Book money" isn't worth the stress.

I believe the point is that winning games by 15 or more against obviously overmatched teams is poor sportsmanship and I happen to agree.

Who are you to arbitrarily decide that 15 goals is poor sportsmanship? So 14 goals is OK? How about 11? I am sure people out there would say 8 goals is bad. My point is you can't just pick a number. It really does depend on the game. A coach can play his starters for five minutes, and then play all her reserves for the remaining half, accumulate a huge double digit lead, and then instruct the kids to not even go to goal in the second half. Is that bad sportsmanship, to actually let the reserves play a good part of the first half, and then completely shut it down in the second half? I don't think so. Again, it depends on each game

Unless and until some governing body decides to step in and rule on this, it is anybody's opinion what constitutes running up the score. That poster choosing 15 is not wrong, it is her/his opinion. I think the situation you cite is pretty unlikely and I'd rather err on the side of probability than not when choosing a number, therefore I agree that 15-up qualifies as running up the score. My opinion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, May 3rd Results

Lindenhurst over Copiague, 17-2 (13-0 Halftime)
Hewlett edges Lynbrook, 14-13
Long Island Lutheran over Portledge, 17-10
Kellenberg twenties Holy Trinity, 20-12
Wheatley over Sewanhaka, 13-3
Division over Plainview JFK, 14-7
Connetquot over Brentwood, 17-4
St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 11-8
Valley Stream District over Elmont, 13-8
Hicksville edges Friends Academy, 18-17
Carey edges Great Neck North, 12-11
Hauppauge over Patchogue-Medford, 10-7
Bay Shore over West Islip, 11-7
East Meadow over Bellmore JFK, 14-12
Northport twenties Half Hollow Hills, 20-7
Great Neck South over Hempstead, 14-3

Highlights

Bay Shore 11, East Islip 7: Kyra Harney had three goals and two assists to lead Bay Shore (11-1) in its Division I win. Cynthia Del Core added three goals and Amanda Voges had two scores. Elizabeth Vetter had three goals for East Islip (8-4).

Northport 20, Half Hollow Hills 7: Courtney Fortunato had nine goals and three assists and Allie Pavinelli had two goals and six assists to lead Northport (10-4) in Division I.

Hicksville 18, Friends Academy 17: Sophomore Hunter Isnardi scored the winner with 1:38 left off an assist from her sister Toni Isnardi to lead Hicksville (6-2) in Conference II. Hunter Isnardi set a career-high with eight goals. Alix Heffron tied the score at 17 with 2:57 left after Friends Academy trailed by four with about five minutes left.

Carey 12, Great Neck North 11: Kim McGrath scored unassisted with :02 left to break an 11-11 tie and give Carey (8-0) the last-minute win in Conference V. Amanda Guido (two goals) scored on a free-position shot to tie the game with :32 left. Alyssa Mayer had three goals and one assist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Didn't see the game but if the above post was right and the coach cleared the bench (in the first half) and instructed the players to pass the ball around... what would you suggest, the refs calling the game... or maybe your that wiseguy parent that would say they should have played 3 girls down for practice.

To honor the game is to play the game, there is a fine balance of shoving it someone's face and playing/honoring the game.

Bay Shore has had a fine reputation of playing hard nosed girls lacrosse. Something they worked hard to build. They respect the game, honor their legacy and hold a high standard for their academic achievements.

Anyone not from BS that was there feel free to chime in.

[quote=Anonymous]You people are ridiculous , no one said its about stats, but an 18 goal margin of victory is wrong . Try to justify it all you want but its poor sportmanship .When a lower level to mid level team beats up on a beginner team everyone jumps all over them but now that your precious Bayshore team wins by 19 you justify it by saying they did it with back-up players,now thats class.Winning by 15 or more is poor sportmanship no matter how its done or who its done against. Even more pathetic is people coming on here trying to justify it.

Give me a break , get your head out of Bay Shores back end. Playing / honoring the game ,please who do you think you are. All you morons try to comprehend a semi bad team crushes a very bad team by 18 is the same as a very good team crushing an okay team by 18 .Bayshore holds a high standard for academic achievements , seriously are you that clueless, compare your academic standards to Ward Melville or cold spring harbor.Any team that wins by 18 is just plain poor sportsmanship ,if the coach could not tell they had a complete mismatch on their hands at 5-0 then they are clueless, or just a jack---.

And your point of this rant is? You are acting like the nouns that you used.

Folks like you are what bring a negative light on lacrosse....especially on the girls' side. None of our ladies are going pro as players....so chill out. "Book money" isn't worth the stress.

I believe the point is that winning games by 15 or more against obviously overmatched teams is poor sportsmanship and I happen to agree.

Who are you to arbitrarily decide that 15 goals is poor sportsmanship? So 14 goals is OK? How about 11? I am sure people out there would say 8 goals is bad. My point is you can't just pick a number. It really does depend on the game. A coach can play his starters for five minutes, and then play all her reserves for the remaining half, accumulate a huge double digit lead, and then instruct the kids to not even go to goal in the second half. Is that bad sportsmanship, to actually let the reserves play a good part of the first half, and then completely shut it down in the second half? I don't think so. Again, it depends on each game

I kid you not----coaches have accused other coaches of bad sportsmanship when coaches work the ball around to avoid running up the score. You just can't win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, I have no outrage against Bay Shore they are a great team and when my daughters Copiague team played them in middle school it was a good game and yes we lost but were not embarrassed. I personally went over to the coach and complimented him and his team on the class they had and made it a respectable coach. From that day I have been a Bay Shore fan. I believe sometimes you can not stop a player from scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a double edged sword. Why doesn't a coach start his weaker players and rest the good ones when he knows the other team is weaker. I believe Walt Whitman did that against Copiague this year they still won but it really did not look that lopsided and weaker players got to score and improve their game time skills.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I'm wrong....but isn't and stick to head contact warrant a card? I and most of us here know the answer is yes.

With that said....the official at Longwood v Smithtown West game who called a charge on the Longwood player....when it was clear to all that the SW player made stick to head contact....then had the audacity to threaten to card the LW player when she questioned your call whilr holding her head.....you should have your certification revoked. Personal agendas are not part of an official's job description.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct me if I'm wrong....but isn't and stick to head contact warrant a card? I and most of us here know the answer is yes.

With that said....the official at Longwood v Smithtown West game who called a charge on the Longwood player....when it was clear to all that the SW player made stick to head contact....then had the audacity to threaten to card the LW player when she questioned your call whilr holding her head.....you should have your certification revoked. Personal agendas are not part of an official's job description.

Stick to head contact does not always warrant a card as in when the offense player gets called for a charge and the offensive player initiated the contact. For a long wood parent to come on here and complain about aggressive play is comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lowlight award goes to Westhampton, beating up a lesser team by 15 when you have one kid racking up stats ,hey ball hog how did it go against ESM. I have no problem with a kid scoring all they can if it is in the context of helping there team win but when done in a blowout that coach should be talked to by the AD .That being said I have seen that team before and they have way more goals than assists and barely work as a team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, May 4th Results

Great Neck North over Hempstead, 20-4
Rocky Point over Bellport, 19-10
Harborfields over Bayport-Blue Point, 11-6
Westhampton over Center Moriches, 19-4 (14-3 Halftime)
Mount Sinai over Kings Park, 22-6 (18-3 Halftime)
Roslyn over Wheatley, 13-8
Eastport-South Manor over Deer Park, 14-2
Jericho over New Hyde Park, 17-14
Garden City over Cold Spring Harbor, 19-15, Overtime
Sayville over Miller Place, 15-4

Highlights

Garden City 19, Cold Spring Harbor 15 (2 OT): Krista Dampman's seventh goal came with 2:35 left in the first overtime to give Garden City (8-0) a 16-15 lead en route to a four-goal win in Conference I. Dampman also had five assists. Jackie Jahelka had four goals and an assist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Highlights

Garden City 19, Cold Spring Harbor 15 (2 OT): Krista Dampman's seventh goal came with 2:35 left in the first overtime to give Garden City (8-0) a 16-15 lead en route to a four-goal win in Conference I. Dampman also had five assists. Jackie Jahelka had four goals and an assist.

Who won game today Summit, NJ vs. Farmingdale?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lowlight award goes to Westhampton, beating up a lesser team by 15 when you have one kid racking up stats ,hey ball hog how did it go against ESM. I have no problem with a kid scoring all they can if it is in the context of helping there team win but when done in a blowout that coach should be talked to by the AD .That being said I have seen that team before and they have way more goals than assists and barely work as a team.

Mt Sinai.... 22 goals? C'mon!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real brave of you....calling a child a ball hog. Go buy some courage and say that to the child in the presence of her parents! Your issue should remain with the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stick to head contact does not always warrant a card as in when the offense player gets called for a charge and the offensive player initiated the contact. For a long wood parent to come on here and complain about aggressive play is comical

Aggressive play is fine. Isn't the intent of such calls are in the interest of player safety? And what player do you know of would initiate head to stick contact? Your assessment my "friend" is more comical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aggressive play is fine. Isn't the intent of such calls are in the interest of player safety? And what player do you know of would initiate head to stick contact? Your assessment my "friend" is more comical!

You are one of the parents who make going to the games both sad and comical, yelling at the refs about calls when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.Are you that stupid that you thought I meant a player would intentionally initiate head to stick contact, so with your logic the SW player must have intentionally hit the LW player in the head with her stick and actually deserved a red card.Sometimes the offensive player forces their way thru defenders sticks and or body at which time stick to head contact can happen and a charge gets called. In my opinion they do not call enough charges and make playing defense in the girls game difficult at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real brave of you....calling a child a ball hog. Go buy some courage and say that to the child in the presence of her parents! Your issue should remain with the coach.

Yes the coach is mostly to blame but give me a break any kid who has the maturity to play varsity lacrosse knows that for a player to continuously go to goal in such a lopsided game is ridiculous and I guarantee the other kids on the team thought it ridiculous also.If her parents were at the game they should have told her enough is enough and if I were a parent at that game I would have had no problem letting them know that it's poor sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick in the sphere is supposed to be an automatic yellow- not on a charge- I have seen so many sticks to the head that it is ridiculous. Girls are going to get hurt. Refs this season have been horrible. One of the worst head hacking team has been WHB- they start losing and want to injure people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highlights

Who won game today Summit, NJ vs. Farmingdale?

Farmingdale 10-9 in 4 o.t.'s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick in the sphere is supposed to be an automatic yellow- not on a charge- I have seen so many sticks to the head that it is ridiculous. Girls are going to get hurt. Refs this season have been horrible. One of the worst head hacking team has been WHB- they start losing and want to injure people

An intentional stick to head should be a red, redding girls game is not easy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think a coach is going to do that after suffering their first loss of the year against Melville. Please, you are not thinkning logically. They came out running and gunning and then shut it down. Enough said on this topic, lets focus on the other games. Perhaps your rant should be about Bay Shore playing 2 players down for almost the entire second half and 3 players down at one point. Watched the game on MSG varsity, I was not there, 2 of the 6 yellow cards were legit, the rest were bs. By the way, my niece plays for West Bablyon so I want nothing more then to see us beat them. But you need to be objective. West Babylon will surprise in the playoffs. By the way Cage sage....you started this whoel thing...Northport hammers HHH and Firtunato has 12 points, at what point is she on the side line? Just a point.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
By the way Cage sage....you started this whoel thing...Northport hammers HHH and Firtunato has 12 points, at what point is she on the side line? Just a point.
"We didn't start the fire ..."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way Cage sage....you started this whoel thing...Northport hammers HHH and Firtunato has 12 points, at what point is she on the side line? Just a point.
"We didn't start the fire ..."

Funny how it always comes back to Northport...and Apuzzo (since we are naming players apparently) had 12 goals during their beat down of Floyd , no assists mind you, it's all about the goals... But that's alright I guess...at least Fortunato has assists. It's a team sport isn't it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised nobody commented on the picture of Kyra Harney's stick in Newsday. Priceless. Note sure it would be legal in a boy's game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Surprised nobody commented on the picture of Kyra Harney's stick in Newsday. Priceless. Note sure it would be legal in a boy's game.

Here's the link: http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-lacrosse/bay-shore-vs-east-islip-1.5192647#4

Discuss.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Yes the coach is mostly to blame but give me a break any kid who has the maturity to play varsity lacrosse knows that for a player to continuously go to goal in such a lopsided game is ridiculous and I guarantee the other kids on the team thought it ridiculous also.If her parents were at the game they should have told her enough is enough and if I were a parent at that game I would have had no problem letting them know that it's poor sportsmanship.

Well spoken....but calling a child a ballhog......very cowardly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are one of the parents who make going to the games both sad and comical, yelling at the refs about calls when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.Are you that stupid that you thought I meant a player would intentionally initiate head to stick contact, so with your logic the SW player must have intentionally hit the LW player in the head with her stick and actually deserved a red card.Sometimes the offensive player forces their way thru defenders sticks and or body at which time stick to head contact can happen and a charge gets called. In my opinion they do not call enough charges and make playing defense in the girls game difficult at best.

I didn't mention anything about the SW player intentionally hitting the LW player, it's the stick to the head and the miscall is what I have a problem with.

I have been to numerous sporting events of all sorts....and fans and parents alike will often have an issue with officiating. Why is it that Women's/Girl's have such a problem with such. I have never seen an official reverse a call due to the fans are riding him or her.

And calling me stupid is really mature of you. And cowardly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's the link: http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-lacrosse/bay-shore-vs-east-islip-1.5192647#4

Discuss.

Got loose in the process of playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
twice my daughter has taken a stick to the head and I hate it!!. The first time no card was given and she was called for a charge as much as I hated the call the ref was correct as My daughter went in for the goal which was a charge, she was not happy but after the game the referee explained it to her and she told me that she was wrong after his explanation. The second time was last year against riverhead which was blatant and she had to be helped off the field. The riverhead coach went to the penalty area and high fived the player and said you stopped her from scoring. I was mortified and told the coach how I felt. After the game the ref advised me if he had heard that the coach would have been removed from the game. The refs have a lot to pay attention to and sometime se see things differently. I can see why you were upset over stick to the head but if you charge it is an offensive mistake. I just hope the player is OK. some rules my need to be reviewed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still illegal if she scores

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discuss.

Got Loose!!!???
If there were no knots on the strings and she had them heavily greased I don't think that they could get that loose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
twice my daughter has taken a stick to the head and I hate it!!. The first time no card was given and she was called for a charge as much as I hated the call the ref was correct as My daughter went in for the goal which was a charge, she was not happy but after the game the referee explained it to her and she told me that she was wrong after his explanation. The second time was last year against riverhead which was blatant and she had to be helped off the field. The riverhead coach went to the penalty area and high fived the player and said you stopped her from scoring. I was mortified and told the coach how I felt. After the game the ref advised me if he had heard that the coach would have been removed from the game. The refs have a lot to pay attention to and sometime se see things differently. I can see why you were upset over stick to the head but if you charge it is an offensive mistake. I just hope the player is OK. some rules my need to be reviewed

Almost every game this season I have seen stick to head with just a "go behind". In the last game we played the other team kept swinging sticks over head trying to check from behind. Unfortunately they arent going to call it until they knock a girl down. Refs dont understand if player gets away with it they will continue to do so. if you make penalties for sticks to head tougher maybe girls will re-think it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discuss.
She lives in Patchogue but goes to Bayshore just for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is fine. I understand if there is additional contact, then a charge can be called. But in this case; the only contact was stick to head. The good thing about all of this is.....two more games then off to college....at least stick to heads are taken more seriously there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discuss.
She lives in Patchogue but goes to Bayshore just for lax.

That is a serious accusation to make without facts. Especially in an anonymous fashion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are kidding me, she lives in Bay Shore with her whole family. That is a fact! Dont make ignorant statements out of envy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discuss.

I'm sure the opposition will be requesting a stick check after her next goal for Bayshore...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just looked at picture out of curiousity - totally illegal

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, May 6th Results

Oyster Bay over Plainview JFK, 11-6
St. Anthony's over St. John the Baptist, 20-11
Long Island Lutheran over Riverdale Country, 16-6
Massapequa over Port Washington, 14-5
MacArthur over Roslyn, 13-10
North Babylon over Commack, 19-15
Kings Park over Center Morches, 12-3
Bellmore JFK over Jericho, 13-12
Westhampton over Smithtown East, 17-9
Sacred Heart over Kellenberg, 13-3
Garden City over Plainedge, 17-7
Portledge over Dalton, 12-9
Herricks doubles Freeport, 16-8
Our Lady of Mercy over Mary Louis Academy, 16-4
St. Dominic over Archbishop Molloy, 15-8
East Hampton/Bridgehampton/Pierson over Glenn, 19-8
Manhasset over Farmingdale, 17-10
Mepham over Glen Cove, 14-10
Cold Spring Harbor over Long Beach, 12-8

Highlights

Cold Spring Harbor 12, Long Beach 8: Holly Logan had five goals and an assist and Shannon Logan had six ground balls and two caused turnovers to lead Cold Spring Harbor (5-4) in Conference I.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Nassau (Section VIII) County Girls HS Varsity Lacrosse Standings - May 6th

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Newsdays Top Ten Long Island Girls Lacrosse Teams - May 6th

1. St. Anthony's
2. Garden City
3. Manhasset
4. Bay Shore
5. Mount Sinai
6. Farmingdale
7. West Islip
8. Wantagh
9. Cold Spring Harbor
10. Sayville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see if NB has any sportsmanship ,they have Brentwood coming up. Let's see if they have the same kids running it up. I only bring it up because this is a program that knows what it's like to be on the other end.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard