BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,889
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Tournaments will try to push to the fall before they cancel. Clubs won't have tryouts this summer. Teams kept intact and you will get a partial credit for next season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
detest to be the bearer of bad news, but most clubs probably don't have the money to issue refunds. They have likely already paid out a good percentage of their money for tournament/league fees, field rentals and insurance. Maybe when things settle out there will be some refunds flowing back through the clubs to parents, but that will not happen for awhile.

I call B.S on that , really do . Just say 1 team at $3,000 24 kids on team . Thats $72k . Theres clubs out there 2029-2021 and 2,3 teams each age group . Come on .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Tournaments will try to push to the fall before they cancel. Clubs won't have tryouts this summer. Teams kept intact and you will get a partial credit for next season.

This makes the most sense. However, didn't a couple of clubs post dates for early try-outs? Or was that just a rumor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be tough to do in HS with Fall Sports......

Deduct the uniform fee and refund my money......they don't thousands of small claim judgments or a call to the IRS. ZZ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so much easier with the local rec model. Same set of kids and 25% of the cost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so much easier with the local rec model. Same set of kids and 25% of the cost.

100% agree....unfortunately it has become an industry of people making money on the hope and dreams of parents. Blame the clubs and the parents.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man-O-Man nothing from the clubs what so ever . Wake up people when they want a payment you hear from them . They are not loyal as you are to them . They wouldn’t even have your address on file to send you the payment back. They all are slime balls . Didn’t even get a nice Happy Easter from them . But no body will learn when life goes back to normal everyone will pay more for tryouts and more for tuition. They don’t want to help some families in desperate needs and do the right thing , one club owner called my friend about a payment and threatened him about small claim and his son wont play for another team next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking for a refund from travel and the town team I paid for. I paid 1K for the town summer travel team and haven't heard a pepe from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds hard to believe. What club threatened your friend ? Question is, how can they require payment when they can't provide the service that you are paying for.
If anyone has paid fees for winter and spring training/sessions/practice they should have issued refunds.
Summer payments are still in limbo. If summer is cancelled, I am sure there is a parent of one of these kids playing for one of these organizations that could put together a class action lawsuit. Unless the clubs do the right thing and refund payments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s a wait and see at this point with clubs. This never happened before. Nobody knows what’s going on. Even the so called experts. If your club is actually collecting money right now, that’s a problem. That’s awful. However as far as refunds go. We need to be patient. If clubs go June and half of July that’s 6 weeks. Maybe a smaller refund would be credited. If there is no June and July, a larger refund would be credited. I assume this would take place. Nobody knows what June will be. I’d love a refund check. I could use the money. There has to be some flexibility with the clubs, there had to be some flexibility with customers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds hard to believe. What club threatened your friend ? Question is, how can they require payment when they can't provide the service that you are paying for.
If anyone has paid fees for winter and spring training/sessions/practice they should have issued refunds.
Summer payments are still in limbo. If summer is cancelled, I am sure there is a parent of one of these kids playing for one of these organizations that could put together a class action lawsuit. Unless the clubs do the right thing and refund payments.

Don't need a class action, too expensive unless a lawyer dad want to do it, small claims suits are the way to $25 to file. Can you imagine 100 of lawsuits coming your way? They will pay up or go bankrupt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.classlawgroup.com/faq/how-do-i-start-a-class-action-lawsuit/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant get refund but one Director puts pics online of his new 40k square foot HQ of his business and his giant house on the north shore !! Keep buying lacrosse stuff from him . Buy online better deals then LU .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not the directors fault for the Corona Virus. Relax. We are all in business to make money, like everyone of us and other business in the world. I’m sure the house and headquarters were built way before the Corona virus. Why don’t you wait and see how the refund process plays out before you criticize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel ball will happen! School ball Na!

Where will travel ball play if all the schools/fields/parks they rent fields from are closed ? We are running in to that problem in MD. Even if clubs want to play - where will be open and willing to let people congregate in groups for lacrosee games ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most clubs are in a holding pattern to see exactly what happens. When a final decision has actually been made, and spring/summer is definitely cancelled, i’m sure there will be more dialogue as to refunds / credits / etc. Most reasonable people believe that this spring/summer season is not happening, but there is no final decision / declaration, so why would anyone get crazy at this exact moment about refunding money etc?[/quote]

I can tell you why people are getting crazy in MD ... because clubs are beginning to ask for more money. They've already collected money for spring which is a no-go - now they want us to fork over more money for a summer that may not happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most clubs are in a holding pattern to see exactly what happens. When a final decision has actually been made, and spring/summer is definitely cancelled, i’m sure there will be more dialogue as to refunds / credits / etc. Most reasonable people believe that this spring/summer season is not happening, but there is no final decision / declaration, so why would anyone get crazy at this exact moment about refunding money etc?

I can tell you why people are getting crazy in MD ... because clubs are beginning to ask for more money. They've already collected money for spring which is a no-go - now they want us to fork over more money for a summer that may not happen
[/quote]

I feel bad for your Maryland parents. After holding your kids back time and time again you are probably on your 18th year of travel lacrosse payments. Must be tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not the directors fault for the Corona Virus. Relax. We are all in business to make money, like everyone of us and other business in the world. I’m sure the house and headquarters were built way before the Corona virus. Why don’t you wait and see how the refund process plays out before you criticize.

And that points out the problem with travel lax. When coaching becomes a "business" then its no longer about the sport, of your passion for the sport or most importantly, the kids.

The problem with waiting and relaxing about refunds is that the parents already know how bad these clubs treats most of them and don't trust them. If the club/parent relationship was solid, I would agree about relaxing and waiting. But blame the parents and clubs for this situation. Express only takes CC because its easier for them and then they card you processing fees on thousands of dollars!!!! Hard to be patient with a club like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most clubs are in a holding pattern to see exactly what happens. When a final decision has actually been made, and spring/summer is definitely cancelled, i’m sure there will be more dialogue as to refunds / credits / etc. Most reasonable people believe that this spring/summer season is not happening, but there is no final decision / declaration, so why would anyone get crazy at this exact moment about refunding money etc?

[/quote]
That's the issue, "Who" has the final decision? All travel teams in this country run without any kind of consumer protection. My only advice would be for you to contact your credit card company immediately and try to get them to put a dispute on the travel team charges. I wouldn't pay another red cent to any of these clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

What club in MD is asking for more money? If your club is asking you for more money right now you are being scammed. I have to call BS on this. My kid plays club in MD and we talk to parents from many of the other clubs. If a club asked them for more money right now they would leave. There's too many options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for your Maryland parents. After holding your kids back time and time again you are probably on your 18th year of travel lacrosse payments. Must be tough.[/quote]

I feel bad for New York parents with everything going on in the world we still live in your heads and then then whoop you on the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for your Maryland parents. After holding your kids back time and time again you are probably on your 18th year of travel lacrosse payments. Must be tough.

I feel bad for New York parents with everything going on in the world we still live in your heads and then then whoop you on the field[/quote]

LOL..... Your posting in the NY forum genius. Who is in who's head?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

What club in MD is asking for more money? If your club is asking you for more money right now you are being scammed. I have to call BS on this. My kid plays club in MD and we talk to parents from many of the other clubs. If a club asked them for more money right now they would leave. There's too many options.

M&D emailed all of their families yesterday informing them that it was time to pay their summer fees. They sent out 2 emails, one from Robinson and one from his staff to arrange payment plans of needed. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA cancelled all of their recruiting tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

M&D emailed all of their families yesterday informing them that it was time to pay their summer fees. They sent out 2 emails, one from Robinson and one from his staff to arrange payment plans of needed. What a joke.

Watch , People will pay ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, big tournaments are starting to be canceled......let’s see the clubs refund our money. The right thing to do!
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-school/girls/iwlca-cancels-2020-slate-of-recruiting-tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the attentions are with the tourney organizers? Move to later in summer - will they give refunds if tourney is cancelled or team can’t go on new date?

What tourneys will help clubs decide if refunds can be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let it play out and see what summer looks like. And if everything is cxld, then ask.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMASS mid summer classic came up with some alternate dates later in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re looking at full refunds, not partial. Paid for product that wasn’t delivered. Contact your credit card company!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re looking at full refunds, not partial. Paid for product that wasn’t delivered. Contact your credit card company!

Check the fine print when you paid your bill. Some clubs have some print where you waive your right for a refund when you agree / pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check the fine print when you paid your bill. Some clubs have some print where you waive your right for a refund when you agree / pay.

You can write anything you want but it is not enforceable unless I sign it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok, big tournaments are starting to be canceled......let’s see the clubs refund our money. The right thing to do!
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-school/girls/iwlca-cancels-2020-slate-of-recruiting-tournaments

Corrigan said "not so fast". https://twitter.com/CSELax/status/1251656361336856579

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full refunds? How does that make any sense? There was the fall and winter and uniforms and equipment was delivered. At least that’s case with my sons club. Spring, sure was lost. But if we do a lot during the summer months, maybe some sorta of discount. But full? It’s not like a product wasn’t delivered out of negligence, it was a global pandemic. And our club has said to reach out and offered help. My older son was offered class room teaching at his university and now is doing remotely, go prorated room and board, but tuition is as is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the clubs vantage point, tuition minus uniform and its a wash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club in MD is asking for more money? If your club is asking you for more money right now you are being scammed. I have to call BS on this. My kid plays club in MD and we talk to parents from many of the other clubs. If a club asked them for more money right now they would leave. There's too many options.[/quote]

You can call BS on this all you want but you're wrong !!!! A girls club in MD just asked for summer fees. An email was sent the other day asking for summer dues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams probably hadn't even given out uniforms yet. My son has never gotten a uniform before the late spring/summer season is starting. Usually practice pinnies for the first 3/4 of the year. I've always wondered what takes so long to get the LAX gear. Other sports you get your uniforms in 2 weeks. Seems to be 6 months in lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams probably hadn't even given out uniforms yet. My son has never gotten a uniform before the late spring/summer season is starting. Usually practice pinnies for the first 3/4 of the year. I've always wondered what takes so long to get the LAX gear. Other sports you get your uniforms in 2 weeks. Seems to be 6 months in lax.

Full refunds wont happen and probably shouldn't. There were fall tournaments, fall practices, winter practices and uniforms. But partial refunds should definitely be sent out. Credits wont work because what if you don't want to stay with the same club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can call BS on this all you want but you're wrong !!!! A girls club in MD just asked for summer fees. An email was sent the other day asking for summer dues. [/quote]

That is insanity. I actually believe you the more I think about it. The worst part is I am sure the money was handed over immediately to the club smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure they did !!! BS. No clubs are asking for additional fees.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard