BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Re: Age and Reclassification. The good the bad the ugly!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The question isn’t about the governing body of lacrosse. I agree, they allow this. The question is simply to the parents of other kids. Parents of a youth holdbacks. The question is what do you feel like watching your older son, run through kids 1 to 2 years younger. Not high school parents, not college parents. Youth parents. I just want to know that answer. What do you feel when you see your son doing this? Just answer the question.

My kid is not a hold back. I have answered this question and seen it answered here many times. The overwhelming majority of parents that have holdbacks did not do it for a lax advantage, if you think they do, you have more of an issue then you think and more of an issue then holdback parents, it's crazy to think they do. The problem is they fall in a particular friend group and class (because they are held back before they can start school for myriad of developmental, parents moving or hundreds of other scenarios) and start there younger years playing with all there friends and in pre-k and K people aren't searching forholdbacks to call out. So then they move to the next little pee wee league with their buddys and friends and then the travel stuff starts and they move with the kids they know and have always played with. Parent's aren't taking the kids away from their friends for 4 years and moving them somewhere else. The parents don't feel anything because they are still playing with the same kids they did their entire life and nothing has ever changed. It is not right it is not wrong, it is just what it is.

wow.... if this is not the definition of rationalization then what is? so when your kid plays for '91, he is already friends w all the kids previously? or just is at that mental level because he has been held back in school?

Just answering a question. I don't mention age to my kid. I mention effort, attitude and intelligence. If you need to deep dive this far in to youth lax then you are not straying too far from the crazy holdback parents you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]OK CAPS GUY. WHAT IF JOHNNY PLAYED SOCCER,BASEBALL, FOOTBALL. Then what. I’m sure those sports have kids held back for other reasons. What do those parents do. How about this, most kids play 2, 3 sports. What if he plays football or soccer and lax. He can’t play with his classmates playing football or soccer. What do they do then. JOHNNY will have to make new friends for football season. Id be embarrassed, your answer is your opinion and to each their own. My opinion is those parents would be an embarrassment.

Cool story bro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they cheer Johnny. Do they clap. Do they scream. Do they high 5 other parents. Do they sit silently. What’s the proper reaction, when your 8 year old lights it up against 6,7 year olds. Also that kid took a 7 year old kids position on the team. My embarrassed reaction would be just to sit silently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they cheer Johnny. Do they clap. Do they scream. Do they high 5 other parents. Do they sit silently. What’s the proper reaction, when your 8 year old lights it up against 6,7 year olds. Also that kid took a 7 year old kids position on the team. My embarrassed reaction would be just to sit silently.

Let's cut to the chase...we've all been at tournaments where there are several kids a whole head taller than the kids on our own sons' team. And yep, the parents on the sidelines screaming "wheels" or some other notIntelligent sideline yell. It stinks there's no regulation here. If you have a kid older than the typical player, you win you beat the system for elementary school kids. If you have a kid that plays on age... you're a fool for having ethics because few others have them. And if you're one of the parents who let's their kids play "just to learn life lessons"... then that's great because you are already teaching them how to manipulate the rules in their favor from an early age.

If you are sitting there trying to come up with all the reasons why it's acceptable that your kid is the "age outlier", then the argument is already over...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's cut to the chase...we've all been at tournaments where there are several kids a whole head taller than the kids on our own sons' team. And yep, the parents on the sidelines screaming "wheels" or some other notIntelligent sideline yell. It stinks there's no regulation here. If you have a kid older than the typical player, you win you beat the system for elementary school kids. If you have a kid that plays on age... you're a fool for having ethics because few others have them. And if you're one of the parents who let's their kids play "just to learn life lessons"... then that's great because you are already teaching them how to manipulate the rules in their favor from an early age.

If you are sitting there trying to come up with all the reasons why it's acceptable that your kid is the "age outlier", then the argument is already over...

If you need to complain this much about how something is unfair maybe go to one of the sports everyone seems to think is so great with ages and put the lax stick down. The sport isn't for everyone and I'm looking at you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is complaining. It’s a question to a holdback parent of how they would feel. We all know it’s unfair. I want a holdback parent to simply answer. My son will he 9 next week. There are about 20 kids on the team. He is probably top 7. He is a good solid player. Extremely happy. If I hold him back, he played same age kids, next season, he would dominate. He would be insane. So the question to other parents that do this, how do you feel, watching him dominate. I can only speak for myself. If I did this, I’d feel, embarrassed, I’d feel ashamed. I’d sit their silently on sideline. I wouldn’t even want to clap when my son did well. I’m happier seeing my son be a solid player, not embarrassing my family, then seeing him dominate and embarrassing my family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you finally pushed my button with this pandering, judging post. Here goes:

My son was born in July He started school right after turning 5. At the time we never had a thought about sports. He was just a kid. You paint a picture that we had some grand plan that would make him a sports super star. Sorry to disappoint but there was no plan. We were simply young parents raising our kid.

Everything our son does we cheer him on, support him and encourage him. No exception when he plays sports. Your view that we should sit silently and be embarrassed is ridiculous. This being said we do not act like the head of Cobra-Kai Dojo and scream inapproriate things. No, we embrace the parent conduct code and cheer for him, his teammates and all the other kids playing. You see the joke is on you and your insecurities, as sports are not central to our goal in raising our son. Sports is just a venue for him to play and learn many life’s lessons. In the end we have no anticipation of him playing sports in college. Instead we hope he majors in engineering or becomes a doctor.

So please stop telling me I should be embarrassed that my son is good lacrosse player and loves lacrosse. The kids he plays with to him and to us are just other kids. He never gives any mind as to who they are, whether they are 6 months olde then him or 6 months younger. He is just a kid playing lacrosse.

I’m closing I ask that you take time to examine your defensive ego as it pertains to you and your son. If you do these things your self worth insecurity will abate and you will learn to enjoy watching your son play for the love of the game whether it be with kids 6 months older then him or younger. If you and your son can not find joy in him playing lacrosse based upon your hold back insecurity you should think about having him take up some other form of recreation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again with the 6 months. You are talking about engineering and him being a doctor. I hope that works out. I’m talking basic math. If my son is 9 next week, he plays with kids 7 months older a few months younger. If I hold him back, he will be like 5 months older to 16 months older. Simple math. That would embarrass me. My embarrassment shouldn’t push your buttons. If it does, I don’t care. I’m telling it like it is. By the way I’m the most secure person in the world. I cheer hard for my son, I clap. If I help him a year, I’d be a mute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is complaining. It’s a question to a holdback parent of how they would feel. We all know it’s unfair. I want a holdback parent to simply answer. My son will he 9 next week. There are about 20 kids on the team. He is probably top 7. He is a good solid player. Extremely happy. If I hold him back, he played same age kids, next season, he would dominate. He would be insane. So the question to other parents that do this, how do you feel, watching him dominate. I can only speak for myself. If I did this, I’d feel, embarrassed, I’d feel ashamed. I’d sit their silently on sideline. I wouldn’t even want to clap when my son did well. I’m happier seeing my son be a solid player, not embarrassing my family, then seeing him dominate and embarrassing my family.

The question has been answered 5 times. Maybe New Yorker's are a little slow and it has nothing to do with holdbacks being better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was born in July He started school right after turning 5. At the time we never had a thought about sports. He was just a kid. You paint a picture that we had some grand plan that would make him a sports super star. Sorry to disappoint but there was no plan. We were simply young parents raising our kid.

Everything our son does we cheer him on, support him and encourage him. No exception when he plays sports. Your view that we should sit silently and be embarrassed is ridiculous. This being said we do not act like the head of Cobra-Kai Dojo and scream inapproriate things. No, we embrace the parent conduct code and cheer for him, his teammates and all the other kids playing. You see the joke is on you and your insecurities, as sports are not central to our goal in raising our son. Sports is just a venue for him to play and learn many life’s lessons. In the end we have no anticipation of him playing sports in college. Instead we hope he majors in engineering or becomes a doctor.

So please stop telling me I should be embarrassed that my son is good lacrosse player and loves lacrosse. The kids he plays with to him and to us are just other kids. He never gives any mind as to who they are, whether they are 6 months olde then him or 6 months younger. He is just a kid playing lacrosse.

I’m closing I ask that you take time to examine your defensive ego as it pertains to you and your son. If you do these things your self worth insecurity will abate and you will learn to enjoy watching your son play for the love of the game whether it be with kids 6 months older then him or younger. If you and your son can not find joy in him playing lacrosse based upon your hold back insecurity you should think about having him take up some other form of recreation.

Thank you for that answer and well said

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again with the 6 months. You are talking about engineering and him being a doctor. I hope that works out. I’m talking basic math. If my son is 9 next week, he plays with kids 7 months older a few months younger. If I hold him back, he will be like 5 months older to 16 months older. Simple math. That would embarrass me. My embarrassment shouldn’t push your buttons. If it does, I don’t care. I’m telling it like it is. By the way I’m the most secure person in the world. I cheer hard for my son, I clap. If I help him a year, I’d be a mute.

You seem pretty secure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you talked me into it. I am incredibly embarrassed. My son is 11 plays lacrosse and is 9 months older then the other kids. I am so ashamed of cheating other kids out of their spot on the team and for the wins my son’s effort creates to deprive others of their just due in their sports life. I will not clap or cheer for my son or his team. As a matter of fact you have altered my opinion to the point that I will openly boo my son and tell everyone around me he is a holdback and is not worthy of being cheered on. I thank you for enlightening me and changing my life for the better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You didn't hold your kid back. Your kid is playing on age you should be proud.The conversation is about parents who holdback for academic/ developmental issues and and use this to take advantage of this loophole in lacrosse and worse parents that repeat the holdback of an already old kid or repeat a grade. Those people should be ashamed and called out as cheaters. How is Billy on my team when he plays soccer with my older brother who is 2 grades older than me and in class picture from last year with my older cousin but disappeared this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are full of it with your 6 months older or 6 months younger. Your son will always be one of the oldest. Yes, He may occasionally play against a few other holdbacks that are older, but for the vast majority of players, He will be one of the oldest and for non holdbacks players it will be by 2 months to 16 months older depending on who he plays against . Sorry, You not your child should be embarrassed playing down like that against other children.

He is a holdback, I am guessing he did a prek or something like that. I assume you didnt think he was ready for school with other children with his birthday, Fine, that is your right, but it doesnt give you some special rights over over children. You want an advantage other children born on same EXACT DAY as your son dont get. They play with their age group.

No ego with most non holdback parents. We see youth sports ruined by the constant select held back kids getting an advantage others dont in YOUTH sports. And it is especially hard when you watch a good player get bumped due to a holdback player who is only better due to being older ( due to being heldback) . Give that player extra time and he would be better than holdback, Of course that is the exact reason everyone loves the holdbacks. Sorry it is wrong.

Grade based has only been here for about 5-6 years at YOUTH level. For last 50 years prior it was always by AGE, So spare me all this talk about insecurity, what you do is plain wrong and wasnt even done until 5-6 years ago with explosion of early recruiting and clubs. Keep telling yourself it is non holdbacks insecurity while you sit on your high horse. Common sense is still common sense. What you do is wrong and you should be embarrassed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said. Like what was said earlier. Most kids play more than 1 sport. So the holdback parents must make them play 1 sport with the appropriate grade, the other sport with the younger grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said. Like what was said earlier. Most kids play more than 1 sport. So the holdback parents must make them play 1 sport with the appropriate grade, the other sport with the younger grade.

Is MD an anomaly, with the exce

You are full of it with your 6 months older or 6 months younger. Your son will always be one of the oldest. Yes, He may occasionally play against a few other holdbacks that are older, but for the vast majority of players, He will be one of the oldest and for non holdbacks players it will be by 2 months to 16 months older depending on who he plays against . Sorry, You not your child should be embarrassed playing down like that against other children.

He is a holdback, I am guessing he did a prek or something like that. I assume you didnt think he was ready for school with other children with his birthday, Fine, that is your right, but it doesnt give you some special rights over over children. You want an advantage other children born on same EXACT DAY as your son dont get. They play with their age group.

No ego with most non holdback parents. We see youth sports ruined by the constant select held back kids getting an advantage others dont in YOUTH sports. And it is especially hard when you watch a good player get bumped due to a holdback player who is only better due to being older ( due to being heldback) . Give that player extra time and he would be better than holdback, Of course that is the exact reason everyone loves the holdbacks. Sorry it is wrong.

Grade based has only been here for about 5-6 years at YOUTH level. For last 50 years prior it was always by AGE, So spare me all this talk about insecurity, what you do is plain wrong and wasnt even done until 5-6 years ago with explosion of early recruiting and clubs. Keep telling yourself it is non holdbacks insecurity while you sit on your high horse. Common sense is still common sense. What you do is wrong and you should be embarrassed

In reading the back and forth you have completely blurred the lines between crazy hold back parent and crazy on age parent with your pathetic whining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The on age parent merely stated an opinion. He’d be embarrassed if his 8 year old dominated 6 and 7 year olds. I agree with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the arguing. If a parent chooses to have their kid play against kids over 12 months younger, often closer to 24 months younger then they are losers and in the end their kids will be losers as well. You get better in life at everything by working with people better than you, not worse than you. Be better than the kids your age and then work to be better than the older kids. Stop removing obstacles for your kids. Someday you wont be around and they wont know how to deal with adversity without you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback parent …….., you are just a cheater, rules don't apply to johhny..now let me take some pictures of him on a rowing machine and photoshop his head on a pole vaulter for college and pay the proctor to correct his SAT answers for him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baseball, football, hockey, soccer, basketball. There isn’t even a conversation about this topic. Every sport has its issues, no doubt. This isn’t one of them. That’s for sure. Lax is the only sport where there are no age requirements. Doing the right thing with this sport rests squarely on the shoulders of the parents. Some parents can’t accept the fact Johnny is a good or average player. They want Johnny to score 5 goals a game. They want Johnny to knock the snot out of kids on defense, so what they do is manipulate the system. Let Johnny do second grade twice. Now Johnny will be the top kid on the field. Pathetic is what it is. Youth, little kids. Sad what some people do to try and get ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is MD an anomaly, with the exce
[quote=Anonymous]Do they cheer Johnny. Do they clap. Do they scream. Do they high 5 other parents. Do they sit silently. What’s the proper reaction, when your 8 year old lights it up against 6,7 year olds. Also that kid took a 7 year old kids position on the team. My embarrassed reaction would be just to sit silently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reading the back and forth you have completely blurred the lines between crazy hold back parent and crazy on age parent with your pathetic whining

Got it. You are a holdback parent who wants what all holdback parents want, An advantage other children dont get with birthdays on same day as your child, Sad and pathetic... Spare us that you are not a holdback parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God this is dense. It all comes out in the wash in HS. If your son who is 6-8 months older in 9th grade makes Varsity, gets playing time, etc then he’s just really good as the kids are all 0-3 years older (especially if there are other older kids in each grade level). Who cares what happens in 4th grade? Really good kids are going to succeed one way or another

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids won’t even play in HS. The conversation stated 7 different times is about youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God this is dense. It all comes out in the wash in HS. If your son who is 6-8 months older in 9th grade makes Varsity, gets playing time, etc then he’s just really good as the kids are all 0-3 years older (especially if there are other older kids in each grade level). Who cares what happens in 4th grade? Really good kids are going to succeed one way or another

No it is not dense, except to the non thinkers like you. What you say is not true for many. The true athletic child will always go to the front. That is not in doubt. Lacrosse only gets a few true top of the foodchain athletes. If you are one, more than likely, its FB, BB, BB or maybe Hockey. The money sports and much better scholarships.

The big problem with vast majority of players in lacrosse is that they are decent athletes and similar in athletic ability. Getting your skill level up till 9th grade is what counts. And that means playing time and being on the coaches radar in youth with better teams. Having a 4th grader go against a 3rd grader is a recipe for 4th grader to get playing time.It is a no brainier. The older you are pre puberty, the bigger you are and more playing team you will get. With Clubs taking over now, It is about winning at an early age .

When youth was age based it was so easy to see progression of aged players. Many programs were U9,U11, U13, U15. Two year in between. It was the same every year. The better older players in two year span were always on A teams, There was always the occasional first year player on A but it was the oddity. The following year all those players became one year older and make A team over first year players coming in. Pretty good system as every other year you got a chance to be on A .

Grade base in wrong at youth level. Common Sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no question grade based is wrong. Let’s face it, if it was right, the other 6 sports would use it also. A lot of parents take advantage of it being wrong and hold Johnny back a year. Give Johnny the advantage over the other little kids. The other 6 sports they can’t give Johnny the advantage. In those sports, Johnny has to do it on his own. Johnny has to practice and play well for playing time, just like everybody else. No mommy and daddy taking advantage of a flawed system in those sports. This is the truth and everybody knows this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all agree that parents who hold their child back for anything other than academics are scumbags but, in fairness, they are probably more shrewd than any of us. This is not about HS or college because, by then, multiple age groups are competing with one another. If this is purely based on youth sports then they figured out the secret sauce. Dominating the younger players on the field is just a means to an end. The goal is to get recognized and put into the "elite" athlete (even in youth sports) category because more opportunities present itself. Read Malcom Gladwell's book "Outliers" about youth hockey where kids born in January and February are disproportionately represented in the NHL and equivalent leagues. The reason is because these kids are bigger and stronger so get noticed early. These kids get chosen for higher level hockey and are on a different track then the younger kids within the same age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you need to complain this much about how something is unfair maybe go to one of the sports everyone seems to think is so great with ages and put the lax stick down. The sport isn't for everyone and I'm looking at you.

------

Yes! the toughest guy on the youth lacrosse field... love it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or just have your son play his age tough guy. Take the diapers off your son. He will be ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teach your son the right way. When he gets older and goes golfing with his friends, you don’t want him teeing off from the ladies tees. Have him play his age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While there are so many controversies playing by grade, there is another issue when we push this sport to international. School starts differently for different countries.

Eventually I think we need some kind of age pure (like in soccer) that everyone play based on their year born.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to me there shouldn’t be much controversy at all. In regards to youth sports. I should say youth lax. Some parents do the right thing, some parents don’t. It’s that simple. It’s black and white. No matter how anybody tries to spin it, these are the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an idea - why don't we all rally to remove any kid that's better than ours because of cheating!!! Yeah, like those kids bigger and stronger and faster than ours because they had good training and that's not fair. Hey, while we're at it lets get rid of the two handed players because they are ambidextrious and THAT'S not fair. And finally, get rid of all the brainiacs because they all have the best tutors and isn't that cheating, too!

Or maybe we impose age restrictions, then we don’t have to live in your hypothetical world!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is comedy. There is actually someone who wrote, bigger, stronger, faster, good training, going both hands. Where and when did anyone say that’s not fair? Make sense before you post. The talk is holding YOUTH kids back a year. Giving them an unfair age advantage over teammates competing for playing time and opponents they play against. That’s the not fair part you didn’t mention. Spin it all you want. Facts are the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While there are so many controversies playing by grade, there is another issue when we push this sport to international. School starts differently for different countries.

Eventually I think we need some kind of age pure (like in soccer) that everyone play based on their year born.

Never happen with current system in place. To much influence by private schools and Clubs on USL. The HQ is in heart of Holdback Country.

Most of top Clubs all along the East Coast are littered with holdbacks. And it is not going away. South and West are now getting into act and bringing teams with hodbacks too.

Take something that I cant even think of to change lacrosse at this time. Hope it is out there. Just isnt right what is going on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an idea - why don't we all rally to remove any kid that's better than ours because of cheating!!! Yeah, like those kids bigger and stronger and faster than ours because they had good training and that's not fair. Hey, while we're at it lets get rid of the two handed players because they are ambidextrious and THAT'S not fair. And finally, get rid of all the brainiacs because they all have the best tutors and isn't that cheating, too!

Typical Holdback/prefirst/reclass Strawman argument.

Surprised you didnt give us the old holdback excuses , It is not my fault I held my child back in kindergarten ( no one cares, but doesn't give you some special advantage ) , playing against older players will make you better ( while you play down, ), work harder , etc, etc.

No one is complaining about bigger and faster on age players just people like you who have taken advantage of the system and frankly ruined it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen with current system in place. To much influence by private schools and Clubs on USL. The HQ is in heart of Holdback Country.

Most of top Clubs all along the East Coast are littered with holdbacks. And it is not going away. South and West are now getting into act and bringing teams with hodbacks too.

Take something that I cant even think of to change lacrosse at this time. Hope it is out there. Just isnt right what is going on now.

Right now it seems the advantage goes to the kids born in July& Aug. Let's go to year born & give the advantage to the Jan & Feb kids. It seems that the age Gap would still be the same (anywhere from one to eleven months). I guess it all comes down to what month your kid was born.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now it seems the advantage goes to the kids born in July& Aug. Let's go to year born & give the advantage to the Jan & Feb kids. It seems that the age Gap would still be the same (anywhere from one to eleven months). I guess it all comes down to what month your kid was born.

You must be thick. No one is complaining about age based ONE year leagues. As many have said, Just pick a date Sept/Jan whatever and stick with it. Everyone is within a year and some are on younger side and some are on older side, but majority are within 3-4 months of each other. And if my son happens to be on the younger side , so be it.

The grade based system is broken. To many taking advantage of holding back or reclassing along with the prefist private school kids. Way to many players over a YEAR or MORE older ( not one month-11 months) than others, and it is easy to get advantage ( hold you kid back) . If it was a few here or there, no one would care. At this time it is an out of control with many clubs having 50-75% of starters holdbacks, Crazy

The Lacrosse Club system is broken and ruined at this time. Giving select kids an advantage in youth sports goes completely against everything we are taught and told as it pertains to the youth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be thick. No one is complaining about age based ONE year leagues. As many have said, Just pick a date Sept/Jan whatever and stick with it. Everyone is within a year and some are on younger side and some are on older side, but majority are within 3-4 months of each other. And if my son happens to be on the younger side , so be it.

The grade based system is broken. To many taking advantage of holding back or reclassing along with the prefist private school kids. Way to many players over a YEAR or MORE older ( not one month-11 months) than others, and it is easy to get advantage ( hold you kid back) . If it was a few here or there, no one would care. At this time it is an out of control with many clubs having 50-75% of starters holdbacks, Crazy

The Lacrosse Club system is broken and ruined at this time. Giving select kids an advantage in youth sports goes completely against everything we are taught and told as it pertains to the youth.

---------

well said - it's pretty embarrassing. Every parent that says "my kid wants to play with his friends".... right, keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better about CHEATING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---------

well said - it's pretty embarrassing. Every parent that says "my kid wants to play with his friends".... right, keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better about CHEATING

2nd paragraph up hit the nail on the head; "Select Kids." What parents will go through rubbing shoulders with some coaches/directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said. Also it’s so true when parents say they want to play with their friends, I’m assuming baseball, hockey, football, soccer and basketball players have friends. Kids who play other sports also have friends, right? I read this earlier, but so true. Most kids play 2 or 3 sports. What do these parents do. One sport play appropriate age, lax hold him back to be the oldest. Some parents do the right thing, some parents don’t. Holdback parents, just sit there silently because their is no valid response. Manipulate the system silently. Maybe you can sneak through YOUTH lacrosse and nobody will find out your son is playing a year down.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard