BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 173 of 263 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 262 263
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NY SCHOOLS CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 15th .... NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR LACROSSE THIS YEAR

Why not? Are you suggesting good lacrosse can't be played in May/June? Many of us are still hopeful to salvage a portion of the season!

"Us" as in the kids who are playing or "Us" as in the nutjob parent who thinks lacrosse is little johnnys ticket to fame and fortune??

It is us. Our son, our family. Kids succeed because of a supportive family culture. My son is a senior headed to a big program next year, so yes lax was the golden ticket getting him into a school he would never have gotten into without. We (parents, siblings, and son) were exited to experience senior year and all that goes along with it. We are still hopeful that some games might be played. Otherwise we will look forward to the next level. Too bad you're such a nasty hammerhead.

LOL.... Walk around anywhere that is not a field during an active lacrosse tournament and ask 10 people to name 1 famous Lacrosse player. Good luck getting an answer. Golden ticket lol. Sending kids out to play contact sports in the next 6 months is the golden ticket to spreading Coronavirus. I believe that your kid would never have gotten into a school without Lacrosse as there seems to be no brains being passed down from the parents. Maybe we should get Cuomo to dedicate some of his daily news conferences to notIntelligent sports parents who want to start sending kids out to play sports. Please let me know when the golden child gets back from his spring break trip in Florida so I can come watch this stud doing his 3 hours of wallball homework.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? Are you suggesting good lacrosse can't be played in May/June? Many of us are still hopeful to salvage a portion of the season!

"Us" as in the kids who are playing or "Us" as in the nutjob parent who thinks lacrosse is little johnnys ticket to fame and fortune??

It is us. Our son, our family. Kids succeed because of a supportive family culture. My son is a senior headed to a big program next year, so yes lax was the golden ticket getting him into a school he would never have gotten into without. We (parents, siblings, and son) were exited to experience senior year and all that goes along with it. We are still hopeful that some games might be played. Otherwise we will look forward to the next level. Too bad you're such a nasty hammerhead.

LOL.... Walk around anywhere that is not a field during an active lacrosse tournament and ask 10 people to name 1 famous Lacrosse player. Good luck getting an answer. Golden ticket lol. Sending kids out to play contact sports in the next 6 months is the golden ticket to spreading Coronavirus. I believe that your kid would never have gotten into a school without Lacrosse as there seems to be no brains being passed down from the parents. Maybe we should get Cuomo to dedicate some of his daily news conferences to notIntelligent sports parents who want to start sending kids out to play sports. Please let me know when the golden child gets back from his spring break trip in Florida so I can come watch this stud doing his 3 hours of wallball homework.

What are you even talking about?? You do realize you're on a HS lacrosse forum? This is a place where people discuss the LI HS lacrosse season. A person says that they hope some games can be played, especially for the seniors and you bug out? Having played in college myself, and have two sons playing in college, one still in HS, I can tell you that playing a Division 1, 2, or 3 sport in college is a privilege that opens many doors and builds a ton of character. Many college programs have very strong alumni networks which help tremendously in securing a good job. The discipline these boys must exhibit to succeed in college sports requires mental toughness. As far kids getting into schools they may not have because of lacrosse, that's the ultimate goal as far as I'm concerned. You do realize that kids with perfect SATs and 4.0 gpa's are turned away from highly selective schools. These days, you can't get into a top school for just being smart. You also need a special and unique talent, that's the part lacrosse provides. I hope I have been able to enlighten you. So yes, lacrosse can provide a golden ticket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you even talking about?? You do realize you're on a HS lacrosse forum? This is a place where people discuss the LI HS lacrosse season. A person says that they hope some games can be played, especially for the seniors and you bug out? Having played in college myself, and have two sons playing in college, one still in HS, I can tell you that playing a Division 1, 2, or 3 sport in college is a privilege that opens many doors and builds a ton of character. Many college programs have very strong alumni networks which help tremendously in securing a good job. The discipline these boys must exhibit to succeed in college sports requires mental toughness. As far kids getting into schools they may not have because of lacrosse, that's the ultimate goal as far as I'm concerned. You do realize that kids with perfect SATs and 4.0 gpa's are turned away from highly selective schools. These days, you can't get into a top school for just being smart. You also need a special and unique talent, that's the part lacrosse provides. I hope I have been able to enlighten you. So yes, lacrosse can provide a golden ticket.

Stop it. Lacrosse isn't a golden ticket to anything. So you get into college A vs college B. The whole college is a big waste of money debate is not for this forum. Ask the cashier at Dicks sporting goods about his college lacrosse days. He will be glad to talk your ear off. The golden part is perhaps your student loans aren't as high when you get out of school. Everyone reading this has young coaches on their team or friends that played college lacrosse and are living paycheck to paycheck hustling for these clubs. Nobody is knocking the discipline it takes to be a successful collegiate student athlete and the achievement should be recognized for those who can do it. The comment is about parents who say kids should be out playing lacrosse a month from now. The majority of people in this world are aware of this thing called the coronavirus outbreak, some I guess think it has something to do with skunk Corona beer. My little Johnny has to play lacrosse in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ask the pro athletes who caught and spread the virus if playing sports is important right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy garbage!!!!!! I have worked for one of the largest banks in the world out of NY for the last 20 years and I have done tons of interviews. I can't believe I have been forgetting to ask people in these interviews what college they played lacrosse at. I guess the Executives didn't pass down that lax directive. I'm going to resign tomorrow out of guilt for depriving my company of the talent I have missed out on due to the fact I haven't focused on D1 or D2 lacrosse players. Thanks for opening my eyes to this network of geniuses!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it. Lacrosse isn't a golden ticket to anything. So you get into college A vs college B. The whole college is a big waste of money debate is not for this forum. Ask the cashier at Dicks sporting goods about his college lacrosse days. He will be glad to talk your ear off. The golden part is perhaps your student loans aren't as high when you get out of school. Everyone reading this has young coaches on their team or friends that played college lacrosse and are living paycheck to paycheck hustling for these clubs. Nobody is knocking the discipline it takes to be a successful collegiate student athlete and the achievement should be recognized for those who can do it. The comment is about parents who say kids should be out playing lacrosse a month from now. The majority of people in this world are aware of this thing called the coronavirus outbreak, some I guess think it has something to do with skunk Corona beer. My little Johnny has to play lacrosse in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ask the pro athletes who caught and spread the virus if playing sports is important right now.[/quote]

Dude, just stay in your basement and never come out. You are a misery. Feel bad for your kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm....OK (yawn)....says the benchwarmers dad. Did you make the switch from Corona to Titos?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy garbage!!!!!! I have worked for one of the largest banks in the world out of NY for the last 20 years and I have done tons of interviews. I can't believe I have been forgetting to ask people in these interviews what college they played lacrosse at. I guess the Executives didn't pass down that lax directive. I'm going to resign tomorrow out of guilt for depriving my company of the talent I have missed out on due to the fact I haven't focused on D1 or D2 lacrosse players. Thanks for opening my eyes to this network of geniuses![/quote]

you sound like a laxer. "I've worked for JPM for 20 years so I know...... "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big Pic " does it really matter" hope all of your families are OK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy garbage!!!!!! I have worked for one of the largest banks in the world out of NY for the last 20 years and I have done tons of interviews. I can't believe I have been forgetting to ask people in these interviews what college they played lacrosse at. I guess the Executives didn't pass down that lax directive. I'm going to resign tomorrow out of guilt for depriving my company of the talent I have missed out on due to the fact I haven't focused on D1 or D2 lacrosse players. Thanks for opening my eyes to this network of geniuses!

you sound like a laxer. "I've worked for JPM for 20 years so I know...... " [/quote]

Ok...and your bosses son is headed to Yale next year...never would have gotten in there without lax. Might be your boss in a few years. Your tone would be much different if your kid wasn’t riding pine! Maybe he should try the science research club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you sound like a *laxer*. "I've worked for JPM for 20 years so I know...... "

Ok...and your bosses son is headed to Yale next year...never would have gotten in there without lax. Might be your boss in a few years. Your tone would be much different if your kid wasn’t riding pine! Maybe he should try the science research club? [/quote]

What do you do for JPM? ATM repair?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading this spirited debate I googled how much pro lacrosse players make. LOL . Golden ticket ..... for Paul Rabil maybe.

That’s all the more impressive since he made the majority of that money off the field. Pro lacrosse, as a so-called “non-core” sport, notoriously doesn’t pay well. MLL salaries reportedly range from about $10,000 to $25,000, while the average NLL salary is around $15,000.

With a reported average salary of $28,000 and full health coverage, the PLL, on paper at least, offers more than just an alternative to prospective players; it brings the hope of earning a living as a professional lacrosse player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok...and your bosses son is headed to Yale next year...never would have gotten in there without lax. Might be your boss in a few years. Your tone would be much different if your kid wasn’t riding pine! Maybe he should try the science research club? [/quote]

I wonder who are the most important people IN THE WORLD right now. Research scientists or lax players. Great example. Another genius who wants to send his kids out to play lacrosse this weekend. I wonder why Long Island has more COVID-19 cases than probably half the US states combined?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, Cuomo just put out a target date of 4/29 for back to school. All things considered, does this give enough time to get some semblance of a season in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, Cuomo just put out a target date of 4/29 for back to school. All things considered, does this give enough time to get some semblance of a season in?

Yes, they would need to finish tryouts (some HS's) and wave the min # of practices before 1st game. I assume all out of state games are off. Maybe inter county games.

Then they need to address what to do with the crowds. That is a tough one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did he actually say that was probable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they would need to finish tryouts (some HS's) and wave the min # of practices before 1st game. I assume all out of state games are off. Maybe inter county games.

Then they need to address what to do with the crowds. That is a tough one.

Maybe just divisional play to cut down on the number of games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let school lax go it's not gonna happen! Might be able to salvage travel if they keep it in newyork! Remember we got hit first so when we're pulling out of this mess other states are just getting into it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok...and your bosses son is headed to Yale next year...never would have gotten in there without lax. Might be your boss in a few years. Your tone would be much different if your kid wasn’t riding pine! Maybe he should try the science research club?

I wonder who are the most important people IN THE WORLD right now. Research scientists or lax players. Great example. Another genius who wants to send his kids out to play lacrosse this weekend. I wonder why Long Island has more COVID-19 cases than probably half the US states combined?
[/quote]
"I wonder who are the most important people IN THE WORLD right now. Research scientists or lax players."

https://yalebulldogs.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/ben-reeves/3495

Sometimes it is both!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let school lax go it's not gonna happen! Might be able to salvage travel if they keep it in newyork! Remember we got hit first so when we're pulling out of this mess other states are just getting into it!

If they go back to school on May 1 there will be a season of some sort

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do other states have to do with it? We're talking NY HS lax

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Hey Stunad, I bet you they would name, Rabil and Pannell to start off with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they go back to school on May 1 there will be a season of some sort

As much as we would all like the to see our boys go back to the field and some normalcy regain its footing. Lax ain't gonna happen this spring or summer. We are in this for the long hall. Others have said it previously. I am just hoping out kids go back in the Fall!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did he actually say that was probable?

I took Cuomo’s message saying NY was extending the shut down until at least April 29th (adding two more weeks to the old target date). Seems to me the odds of Spring HS lax this year isn’t good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21

Hey Stunad, I bet you they would name, Rabil and Pannell to start off with.

Yeah, did you see the video of Pannell on the beach? That was funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH off to a great start this season! Wins over South Side, Manhasset, Pleasantville, Syosset and Huntington. Manhasset game was a classic they'll remember for the rest of their lives... Whoops, sorry I just woke up from a dream. I miss being able to have seen the above and other contests. Before some other dope turns this into a negative, feel free to edit game outcomes as they'd fit your alternative scenario. In fact, I messed it up. CSH is 0-5 but I sure enjoyed watching the boys play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do other states have to do with it? We're talking NY HS lax

Privates and some publics play out of state teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXCELLENT POINT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, however why would we want those out of state teams here, should just be tournaments of NY teams in NY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXCELLENT POINT.

For all the pessimists:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high...igh-school-sports-coronavirus-1.43727843

The fat lady has yet to sing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, however why would we want those out of state teams here, should just be tournaments of NY teams in NY!

You for real???? You will probably have to pay teams to come to NY to play. Just read an article about how truck drivers are afraid to come to NY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXCELLENT POINT.

For all the pessimists:

I am all for optimism and yearn for normalcy especially for those athletes who want to be with teammates and friends but the fat lady has sung her song via zoom and is having a nice scotch on her couch. it ain't happening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody crying for college seniors who had fall ball and half a season and now get another year of eligibility. Nobody seems to care about the HIGH SCHOOL senior. That kid is likely to have no season and then, if playing in college, gets to join a packed roster with returning seniors who should have graduated. And then that process repeats itself for the next 4 years. So even when these kids are eventually college seniors, kids a year older who should've graduated will still be hanging around. NCAA royally screwed these kids (and 202s by the way also).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little off topic but is playing division 1 college lacrosse worth it? I understand that lacrosse is a means to an end in that your son can get into a better school through lacrosse. But by getting into that better school and playing lacrosse full time, what major can you take that will allow you the required study time to be successful? Being told you can't take majors that have labs or on job training because you need to be on the field doesn't sound very enticing. Kids taking dead end majors because of 4 years of d1 lacrosse doesn't sound worth it. I would like to hear from some of the members on this forum with their son's college lacrosse experiences whether they play or played d1, 2 or 3 lacrosse. I'm looking for the time commitment at the different levels and if possible the end result at graduation. When I asked a friend who played d1 hockey if he had to do it all over again would he, he replied no it was a job (6am practice and then 5pm practice). Now with the NCAA granting kids another year of college lacrosse does not make it very appealing for a kid entering college lacrosse the next 3-4 years. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXCELLENT POINT.

For all the pessimists:

I am all for optimism and yearn for normalcy especially for those athletes who want to be with teammates and friends but the fat lady has sung her song via zoom and is having a nice scotch on her couch. it ain't happening

Being that the Regents have been cancelled, I would think that the furthest thing from their minds would be how to salvage an athletic season. My heart goes out to the seniors and their families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody crying for college seniors who had fall ball and half a season and now get another year of eligibility. Nobody seems to care about the HIGH SCHOOL senior. That kid is likely to have no season and then, if playing in college, gets to join a packed roster with returning seniors who should have graduated. And then that process repeats itself for the next 4 years. So even when these kids are eventually college seniors, kids a year older who should've graduated will still be hanging around. NCAA royally screwed these kids (and 202s by the way also).

You’re a selfish donk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little off topic but is playing division 1 college lacrosse worth it? I understand that lacrosse is a means to an end in that your son can get into a better school through lacrosse. But by getting into that better school and playing lacrosse full time, what major can you take that will allow you the required study time to be successful? Being told you can't take majors that have labs or on job training because you need to be on the field doesn't sound very enticing. Kids taking dead end majors because of 4 years of d1 lacrosse doesn't sound worth it. I would like to hear from some of the members on this forum with their son's college lacrosse experiences whether they play or played d1, 2 or 3 lacrosse. I'm looking for the time commitment at the different levels and if possible the end result at graduation. When I asked a friend who played d1 hockey if he had to do it all over again would he, he replied no it was a job (6am practice and then 5pm practice). Now with the NCAA granting kids another year of college lacrosse does not make it very appealing for a kid entering college lacrosse the next 3-4 years. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I contemplated the same subject. I suggest to my son, don't get caught up in ALL the lacrosse hype. It's hype and that's all it is. If you can use it to maintain a path do so. Just don't become too focused on lax, because you will lose sight on things that matter. But to answer your question, I feel once that time comes regarding playing collegiate lax, then you make the decision. Even then, you don't know for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re a selfish donk

How is that selfish? It's 100% accurate. Each class for the next 4-5 years was impacted negatively, however, this year's seniors took it on the chin particularly hard. They've been robbed of much more than just lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re a selfish donk

How is that selfish? It's 100% accurate. Each class for the next 4-5 years was impacted negatively, however, this year's seniors took it on the chin particularly hard. They've been robbed of much more than just lax.

Imagine how NCAA freshman basketball and football players feel. They actually have the potential to make a living from their sport and the school has potential to make revenue. Image college administrator trying to figure out the numbers. Too keep it simple we have rooms/dorms for 100 kids. 25 of those rooms to go freshman scholarship athletes normally. Unfortunately now we have 10 kids who would normally graduate who will be back to their rooms are taking away from the 25 freshman rooms. 15 freshman athlete rooms now. Football gets 50%, basketball gets 40% lacrosse gets 10%. You have 1.5 rooms for lacrosse left. Good luck lacrosse kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re a selfish donk

Where is your concern for all the college players losing a season? My son got 4 games, get over yourself you self absorbed clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re a selfish donk

Where is your concern for all the college players losing a season? My son got 4 games, get over yourself you self absorbed clown

Several college teams played as many as 7 games and all are getting another full year of eligibility. High school players haven't played 1 game, are on the verge of having their entire season canceled and get nothing for it.

Sorry if you are not able to follow along and comprehend the difference.

Like Reply Quote
Page 173 of 263 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 262 263
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard