SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 43 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 42 43
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300909
04/02/20 08:57 AM
04/02/20 08:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLTR but one thing I did notice is that you are wrong about the scholarship numbers. Colleges are only able to exceed 12 scholarships in this coming season. After that it goes back to 12 so the coaches will have to fit 4.5-5 classes into 12 scholarships for the 3 years after next. This will make recruiting classes smaller without question.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300913
04/02/20 10:58 AM
04/02/20 10:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the scholarship cap returns to 12 the following year. But the # of roster spots is not capped Teams can still choose to support enlarged rosters of "5 classes:" freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and 5th year seniors. This will definitely happen next year because they have already signed HS 2020s, and it will probably happen again the following year with the already committed HS 2021s. But with the HS 2022s and HS 2023s, they could shrink the roster back down to its size by limiting their recruiting. Saving money would be the main reason for doing so. Although the U MD HC indicated in the US Lacrosse Magazine article that supporting large rosters has quite a few logistical problems as well.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300922
04/02/20 03:47 PM
04/02/20 03:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, the scholarship cap returns to 12 the following year. But the # of roster spots is not capped Teams can still choose to support enlarged rosters of "5 classes:" freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and 5th year seniors. This will definitely happen next year because they have already signed HS 2020s, and it will probably happen again the following year with the already committed HS 2021s. But with the HS 2022s and HS 2023s, they could shrink the roster back down to its size by limiting their recruiting. Saving money would be the main reason for doing so. Although the U MD HC indicated in the US Lacrosse Magazine article that supporting large rosters has quite a few logistical problems as well.

You are also going to see college coaches have a frank discussion about the continuance of scholarship money for players that have not panned out. Will happen infrequently prior to their original 4 years but to all of them if they want to take their 5th year. Coaches are not going to give up all of their future money to bring in top talent for those that have not excelled to stay on board (unless they pay their own way).

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300923
04/02/20 03:54 PM
04/02/20 03:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the issue. The 21's have verbal offers. This was based on the current juniors being gone and that money freeing up. If the current juniors stay for an extra year that money has to come from somewhere that was already allocated.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300926
04/02/20 05:23 PM
04/02/20 05:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct.
HS 2020s keep their position and their scholarship money
HS 2021s keep their position but are risk of losing their scholarship money
HS 2022s-2023s. Their position and scholarship money are up in the air. But all signs point toward a downward direction.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300927
04/02/20 05:46 PM
04/02/20 05:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are assuming that the 21s received money. Not all did.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300929
04/02/20 06:31 PM
04/02/20 06:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only replying to the poster ahead who wrote. "That's the issue. The 21's have verbal offers. This was based on the current juniors being gone and that money freeing up. If the current juniors stay for an extra year that money has to come from somewhere that was already allocated."

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300935
04/02/20 10:14 PM
04/02/20 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No s*%#. Obviously i wasn't referring to 21s that didn't receive an offer of scholarship money. But for the majority of those that did, they are at risk of losing some of that money. This may cause girls to look around at other options.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300936
04/02/20 10:35 PM
04/02/20 10:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No s*%#. Obviously i wasn't referring to 21s that didn't receive an offer of scholarship money. But for the majority of those that did, they are at risk of losing some of that money. This may cause girls to look around at other options.

Who cares , their options will be limited

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300943
04/03/20 08:15 AM
04/03/20 08:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares , their options will be limited

I would care if a coach wanted to lower what my daughter was offered. I think many people would care.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300944
04/03/20 08:26 AM
04/03/20 08:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is after all the craziness passes. college tuition will reduce to reflect economic times and schools endowments will have shrunk dramatically.

The combination of these factors will not give a coach the luxury of having bigger budgets and expended rosters. For those wishing to play additional year it will likely migrate to the coach saying if you want to play the additional year thats fine but its on you financially. Also, there will be a big divergence in the schools who are programmed to win a national championship versus the reamonde who have no chance.

The National championship type schools will have a greater propensity to keep whoever is best and the rest will have more balance towards underclass and recruits with less 5th year players. I think the schools will operate based on their mission and reason for having a programs versus win at all costs. More 5th year players will trend towards the typical national championship contenders and less who have programs that are more geared with having programs to balance out their athletic offerings and student athlete profiles.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300947
04/03/20 09:47 AM
04/03/20 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have a kid doing the extra year, with another staring college next year? Or Two kids currently in college where the senior was expected to graduate but is now staying? How will this affect the FAFSA? Should we expect to get more/less grant money for next year?

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300958
04/03/20 11:08 AM
04/03/20 11:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have a kid doing the extra year, with another staring college next year? Or Two kids currently in college where the senior was expected to graduate but is now staying? How will this affect the FAFSA? Should we expect to get more/less grant money for next year?

I had three in college at the same time... I didnt get a nickel from FAFSA.. if you can afford live on LI youre rich

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300968
04/03/20 03:49 PM
04/03/20 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally believe the extra year of eligibility should only be given to seniors. With that being said, these seniors need to stay at the current University if they want to continue playing. I understand this may be difficult if that particular University does not have a Masters program in your field of study. If that is the case then perhaps you need to get approval from the NCAA. Also, if the IVY League continues to not allow graduate students to play, then they can transfer. When you look at some of the names already in the transfer portal it makes you wonder will one or more of these highly touted super seniors miraculously appear at UNC next year. Allowing transfers to all will IMHO only make the best teams even better.

Also, the athletic money (not academic) these seniors received this year must continue into next year and NOT count against the fully funded (12) athletic scholarships for the remaining four years of girls (College class of 2021 thru 2023). This way once these super seniors leave at the end of 2021 the athletic scholarships are back to normal.

I know some may not see this as fair to the remaining underclassmen, but it is not fair to the HS girls either.

Does anyone think this is a fair idea?

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #300971
04/03/20 05:04 PM
04/03/20 05:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally believe the extra year of eligibility should only be given to seniors. With that being said, these seniors need to stay at the current University if they want to continue playing. I understand this may be difficult if that particular University does not have a Masters program in your field of study. If that is the case then perhaps you need to get approval from the NCAA. Also, if the IVY League continues to not allow graduate students to play, then they can transfer. When you look at some of the names already in the transfer portal it makes you wonder will one or more of these highly touted super seniors miraculously appear at UNC next year. Allowing transfers to all will IMHO only make the best teams even better.

Also, the athletic money (not academic) these seniors received this year must continue into next year and NOT count against the fully funded (12) athletic scholarships for the remaining four years of girls (College class of 2021 thru 2023). This way once these super seniors leave at the end of 2021 the athletic scholarships are back to normal.

I know some may not see this as fair to the remaining underclassmen, but it is not fair to the HS girls either.

Does anyone think this is a fair idea?

Is this a joke? Who gives a darn if it’s fair in your eyes. Your fair benefits YOUR kid. The NCAA will make the decision, keep your one sided fair fantasy to yourself.

Reply Quote
Page 33 of 43 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification