BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 42 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those invites are geared toward the clubs that believe 7th grade lax matters..... Even if my sons club got "invited" (asked to cut a check) we'd respectfully decline. There are more important issues to tend to and flying in the direction of where this virus is heading isnt one of them. Besides, there is no WSYL this year..face it...move on....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those invites are geared toward the clubs that believe 7th grade lax matters..... Even if my sons club got "invited" (asked to cut a check) we'd respectfully decline. There are more important issues to tend to and flying in the direction of where this virus is heading isnt one of them. Besides, there is no WSYL this year..face it...move on....

Asking for 350 per head. With even 20 per team that’s 7 k up front for a phantom event. Bank account by Jake!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Asking for 350 per head. With even 20 per team that’s 7 k up front for a phantom event. Bank account by Jake!

I'll tell you what, give them $350 now, consider it a donation. If the event cancelled, you will not receive a full refund. Think hard about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of writing a check ask your club to write the deposit check and if this really gets off the ground then the player will reimburse but if you write a deposit check and it gets cancelled you are out the money not the club ....Lets See how many clubs put a deposit down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In today's world , with whats going on, why would any team even "accept" an invite? Whats even more amazing is that the teams that did not get "the call" are vowing to fight to the death for that elusive invite. Here is a novel idea ignorant club teams: Why dont you poll your teams/parents to see if they would even want to go at this point before you go before the WSYL gods and grovel and beg for an undeserved charity entry.... seriously? If you want corona just keep going to your secret practices and save your $7000 WAKE UP LAX LIFERS!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone want to travel outside of the tri-state area when all the best teams are right here ? We have all the teams needed to have very competitive tournaments close by. LI, Upstate, Jersey, CT, Mass. Let Express be the only stunads to get on a plane this summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How desperate are these parents for validation that they would even consider exposing themselves and their sons to a deadly disease just to participate? Folks, the WSYL is not happening. At this point, I'm hoping the reason is because common sense prevailed, and not because the nation is still shut down or because some of the kids on the teams can't make it because they're burying their fathers or mothers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because:
A: They are crazy
B. Starved for recognition
C. Lead dull lives
D. Have nothing better to do with their $
E. They live vicariously through their kids
Door_Open_And. All of the above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 weeks is a long time, but is it long enough to get on a plane and to Colorado. The North auto qualifiers should just have a playday in July, in nice Ocean area and enjoy it. One of those 6 teams is winning anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because:
C. Lead dull lives

Come on folks, I understand some are caught up in the hype of this WSLY thing, but do yourself a favor, take a step back from all the hype and look/study whats going on out side youth lacrosse. If any coach is hedging on traveling to Denver in July using your hard earned money, doesn't have your kid in his best interest, let alone you as parents. I'm not one to say WSYL is a waste of time and money, you do whats best for your family. But in this circumstance, it's not a well thought idea.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because:
C. Lead dull lives

Come on folks, I understand some are caught up in the hype of this WSLY thing, but do yourself a favor, take a step back from all the hype and look/study whats going on out side youth lacrosse. If any coach is hedging on traveling to Denver in July using your hard earned money, doesn't have your kid in his best interest, let alone you as parents. I'm not one to say WSYL is a waste of time and money, you do whats best for your family. But in this circumstance, it's not a well thought idea.

Remember the body has control of the tail. If parents say no, then the organizations and coaches have no control. It's not the other way around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are dying everywhere. , People are sick, Massive unemployment , Stock market decimated, colleges shut down, pro sports shut down. Schools, fields , etc etc etc. what the heck are people thinking? 20 teams are going to fly into Denver with no guarantee of not catching the virus. Wearing masks and rubber gloves on the sidelines . You people are crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion it is likely that things won’t be fully reopened until at least July. Look at all the stuff being cxld/rescheduled apart from sports. So optimistically mid June for local events, mid July for multi state events. I would like to see kids back on the fields practicing by June and see the season go to Labor Day. I would guess May tourneys and early June tourneys are not happening and shocked those directors aren’t thinking August. The tourney directors that haven’t started planning schedule changes will be the ones committing teams and be ahead the rest. For the WSYL why not move it to Florida in December. Just my thoughts for the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the WSYL instagram site:

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CORONA BY JAKE! Pass but thanks the "invite"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone thinking they are going to travel cross country in early July is delusional. Maybe small local tournaments start up but none of these teams are crossing state lines. This event is not happening this year. The way the "chose" the North Region would lead me to believe all the clubs who didn't get a real chance this year will not participate in qualifiers next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not move the WSYL to Florida in December? Because it's not important, that's why. The Democrats just announced they're moving their convention from mid-July to late August, and the yodels on here think they're flying to Denver on July 1 for a youth event. News flash, people: the government just added 50% to our debt in 2 weeks, and is looking to double that figure now, and it still might not be enough. 30% unemployment (more than the Great Depression) and two hundred thousand dead (more than we've lost in all the wars we've ever fought, COMBINED). We're going to lose doctors, CEOs, and government officials. We may not have a country by this summer. My advice, take the lacrosse sticks out of your kids' hands and start teaching them to play ping pong, because your focus may shift from trying to get your son into a good college to positioning him to win favor with his local Chinese communist party official. The world we knew is over, folks. Come to grips with that fact, and start planning ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

As stated on the WSYL Instagram account - "Congratulations to all the teams advancing to the WSYL20 Championship Series" Don't you have to play another team to actually advance? Oh, and I know there are more important things going on in the world right now but I find this whole WSYL topic very comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

What happed to 91MD? They were a top 3 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

Maybe MM didn't want to commit to (and pay for) an early July tournament in Co.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These stunads actually put this out , the economy is getting crushed people are suffering and they want to continue to keep this WYSL thing going ... WAKE up and let it go shame on the clubs for even promoting that ..... Take a hard look in the mirror .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WAIT!!! YOU MEAN A PLASTIC TROPHY AND A PICTURE OF MY KID WITH A DENVER BANNER IN THE BACKGROUND ISNT A LIFE FULFILLING EVENT? HECK, YOU MAY EVEN GET A DUST CLOTH, I MEAN T SHIRT..... To each their own I guess frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NBA cancelled
NHL cancelled
NCAA spring sports cancelled
High school spring sports cancelled
Wimbledon cancelled
Daytona 500 cancelled
Olympics postponed for 1 year.
Who in there right mind is thinking this won’t be cancelled. It’s on to 8th grade lacrosse. They cant extend date to fall because they won’t turn football and soccer seasons upside down for WSYL. Yes this is sad for the boys to miss half a season of club lacrosse. Yes it’s sad they missed middle school lacrosse. Yes it’s sad they won’t have WSYL. With that being said, if this is your biggest problem, consider yourself lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 things Long Island LAX parents can do with the money they save from not going to WSYL

1. Finally get that 60 inch lift kit for their dodge ram or Jeep.
2. Replenish the supply of team logo tank tops
3. Buy the new 2020 SaltLife shirts to wear over the tank tops in the morning. You can take it off for wifebeater tank top once it warms up around 11 am.
4. Get the largest Yeti cooler available to put that 36 pack of Budlight in. Gotta have a good buzz going for the games so you can really start yelling at the refs.
5. Don't forget the LED lights for number 1. Have to see the coach you chase down in the evening after the last game to find out why your little stud didn't play much when in your opinion he is the best player in the whole tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they honestly did to collect deposits. Because until the regionals are over, it’s not “official”. Well now it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

They weren’t going to beat 91 AAAAAA, so why bother going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said in a radio interview he would be "shocked" if any NFL or college football was played this fall. There is zero percent chance of any spring or summer lacrosse, zero percent chance of the WSYL happening this year, and it's probably 50/50 that fall lacrosse is canceled as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESPN College Football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said in a radio interview he would be "shocked" if any NFL or college football was played this fall. There is zero percent chance of any spring or summer lacrosse, zero percent chance of the WSYL happening this year, and it's probably 50/50 that fall lacrosse is canceled as well.

Is he an analyst or the NFL commissioner?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North:
Express
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Eclipse
Prime Time

East:
BBL Elite
3d Maryland
Zingos
Mad Dog NJ
Thunderbird?

They weren’t going to beat 91 AAAAAA, so why bother going?

Way to go Turtles!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the point was his job title. I think the point being made was, if fall football is a maybe. July lacrosse is not happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were stand up clubs maybe they would issue Partial refunds.. But Remember...they had winter trainings and Fall tourneys too so they are entitled to some $ and should keep a portion. But If you think your getting full refund you may as well book your flight to Denver now too. Force practiced, Rebells LC practiced and a few others.

Clubs owners are trying to cover their tracks, because they know this issue will come up. I know my club, cancelled practice, but still is holding clinics $$$$ at the Turtle Dome. Now we will see who the true slime balls are.

Not true .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were stand up clubs maybe they would issue Partial refunds.. But Remember...they had winter trainings and Fall tourneys too so they are entitled to some $ and should keep a portion. But If you think your getting full refund you may as well book your flight to Denver now too. Force practiced, Rebells LC practiced and a few others.

Clubs owners are trying to cover their tracks, because they know this issue will come up. I know my club, cancelled practice, but still is holding clinics $$$$ at the Turtle Dome. Now we will see who the true slime balls are.

Not true .

Yes you did, see bellow;
Folks,
At this time we are committed to keeping the boys playing lacrosse even though schools have decided to suspend participation. We are fortunate enough to have the Turtledome as our private facility and feel it's a clean safe place to continue having the practices. As always practices are voluntary and if you feel it is in your best interest not to attend we fully understand.

see you soon,
Joe

Joe DeSimone
Lacrosse Unlimited Inc.
Always Custom Since 1990
Cell 516-319-8372

-“Adversity has built more champions than privilege”

Always Custom Since 1990

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true .

Yes you did, see bellow;
Folks,
At this time we are committed to keeping the boys playing lacrosse even though schools have decided to suspend participation. We are fortunate enough to have the Turtledome as our private facility and feel it's a clean safe place to continue having the practices. As always practices are voluntary and if you feel it is in your best interest not to attend we fully understand.

see you soon,
Joe

Joe DeSimone
Lacrosse Unlimited Inc.
Always Custom Since 1990
Cell 516-319-8372

-“Adversity has built more champions than privilege”

Always Custom Since 1990

Hey See You Soon Joe. Few told me you were a piece of work. Looking at you web site, the turtles held paid for clinics up to 3/20. Anyway, this isn't 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not move the WSYL to Florida in December? Because it's not important, that's why. The Democrats just announced they're moving their convention from mid-July to late August, and the yodels on here think they're flying to Denver on July 1 for a youth event. News flash, people: the government just added 50% to our debt in 2 weeks, and is looking to double that figure now, and it still might not be enough. 30% unemployment (more than the Great Depression) and two hundred thousand dead (more than we've lost in all the wars we've ever fought, COMBINED). We're going to lose doctors, CEOs, and government officials. We may not have a country by this summer. My advice, take the lacrosse sticks out of your kids' hands and start teaching them to play ping pong, because your focus may shift from trying to get your son into a good college to positioning him to win favor with his local Chinese communist party official. The world we knew is over, folks. Come to grips with that fact, and start planning ahead.

Sadly, what you're saying makes sense. Ping pong might not be such a bad idea the way things are looking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think will be the first tourney on LI post quarantine.

1) Tri Star/Laxfest same weekend
2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
4) Blatant Summer Showdown
5) Halloween Havoc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Blatant will be the biggest abusers. The Brennan's are no good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

Agree. This year, it's over. Who would let their kid mix with out of state players in the coming months? Nobody has practiced, people are looking for refunds. To jam some tournaments up over the summer after nobody has been working is insane. Let it go and re-hammerhead for next year.

Page 37 of 42 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard