BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,170
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 144 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If things return to a new normal by Memorial Day, why would people expect a refund? Everyone will get practices and tourneys in. If things extend into June, ask then. The real sad thing is the HS season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If things return to a new normal by Memorial Day, why would people expect a refund? Everyone will get practices and tourneys in. If things extend into June, ask then. The real sad thing is the HS season.

Well Express postponed the 3rd payment which was the right thing to do.

I would expect some kind of refund if I paid for a spring season. Not sure as we are paying the HS rate at Express.

Even if all is back to normal, I doubt the summer season will stay the same. all clubs are at the mercy of the tourney organizers. The organizers are at the mercy of the venues. Toss in liability issues, insurance, rescheduled college and HS graduations......it is not looking good. Neither are prospect days. Total mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once CoachC has the money, you will never get it back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction - There won't be any summer tournaments. Organizers will soon start moving their events to the fall. There also won't be any tryouts or refunds. Teams will stay intact and you will get a partial credit towards next year's tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of kids will be missing from this fall tournaments then. Soccer and football season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of kids will be missing from this fall tournaments then. Soccer and football season.

no real lax player puts soccer ahead... soccer plays in spring/june as well. My son misses soccer games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real lax player. Hahaha Clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real lax players play football!

They can afford partial refunds.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure to vote for your express teammates! God knows these parents need the ego boost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure to vote for your express teammates! God knows these parents need the ego boost.

Right! So ridiculous these constant contacts to vote for players.

Players grandparents and some parents are DEAD. Are they reaching out to families to see if they are OK?

Not every Express parent is uber wealthy. Terrible optics.

Zero info about the summer. Not even a "we are carefully watching the summer events" BS email.

I will vote as soon as Coach C at least says "Hi" or gives a nod the next time he walks by me as he goes over to hug a Manhasset dad and yucks it up!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players grandparents and some parents are DEAD. Are they reaching out to families to see if they are OK?

Zero info about the summer. Not even a "we are carefully watching the summer events" BS email.

I will vote as soon as Coach C at least says "Hi" or gives a nod the next time he walks by me as he goes over to hug a Manhasset dad and yucks it up!

These clubs dont even know your mailing address to send some kind of refund . Its a shady business that dont even take the time out and put a Portfolio folder together of the player , parents names , address, info about the kids . Nothing !! Just pay me pay me !!! Money money money . My PAL coaches even went out the day before easter and put about 15 plastic eggs on all the players front lawn with goodies inside .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, total disgrace, and these coaches work for another organized crime called the catholic church. Look how they handled all the priest abuses. Do you think they actually care about Express coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone requested a refund and if so what was the response ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course no one can answer that question , ill answer it for you . The answer is prob 98% noooooooo. There is something with parents not ruffling the Feathers with the lacrosse clubs . I seen dads with businesses, plumbers , landscapers etc ... do stuff for these directors . Its ugly out there . Moms looking all sexy and hot all the time who knows what they would do . I detest every last second of it because in the end it all means absolutely not a dam thing . The % to play at a high level like D1 is very slim , Long island is not even the top breading ground anymore for lacrosse. Keep drinking the koolaid and telll yourself it is . Your battling with 40,50 k prep/academy a yr schools in Indiana, maryland , philly ,NJ Connecticut. N.C FL TX is also Recruiting meccas . So keep paying tour $4,000 a yr plus some since little johnny been in 3rd grade and get get a answer about some kind of partial refund . Oh yeah last call the team store is open go get your team gear for the parents !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course no one can answer that question , ill answer it for you . The answer is prob 98% noooooooo. There is something with parents not ruffling the Feathers with the lacrosse clubs . I seen dads with businesses, plumbers , landscapers etc ... do stuff for these directors . Its ugly out there . Moms looking all sexy and hot all the time who knows what they would do . I detest every last second of it because in the end it all means absolutely not a dam thing . The % to play at a high level like D1 is very slim , Long island is not even the top breading ground anymore for lacrosse. Keep drinking the koolaid and telll yourself it is . Your battling with 40,50 k prep/academy a yr schools in Indiana, maryland , philly ,NJ Connecticut. N.C FL TX is also Recruiting meccas . So keep paying tour $4,000 a yr plus some since little johnny been in 3rd grade and get get a answer about some kind of partial refund . Oh yeah last call the team store is open go get your team gear for the parents !!!

The most famous word your missing is “The Hot Bed” of lacrosse !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget many families pay for A's too...around $600 to get an A...and they write it off as 'tutoring'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, total disgrace, and these coaches work for another organized crime called the catholic church. Look how they handled all the priest abuses. Do you think they actually care about Express coaches?

Birds of a feather flock together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow ! I am becoming a Lacrosse Director..Free Plumbing ,Free landscaping along with all the Mom's I can handle for fun times.

How do apply !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6-8 weeks away from summer tourneys, what is the word ?

Can't see getting much practices in before, even if they happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to give my opinion, because somebody pandemic expert will say get a clue...summer is done, enjoy your family, be thankful, get a life outside youth sports, etc, etc. I believe there will be a summer lax season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to give my opinion, because somebody pandemic expert will say get a clue...summer is done, enjoy your family, be thankful, get a life outside youth sports, etc, etc. I believe there will be a summer lax season.

Well get a life no chance and where are playing ? You going out of state? is out of state coming here ? Hotels , restaurants etc... tell your program cough up money we are done . You wont ...,,,I should put down the booze and learn to write a coherent post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well get a life no chance and where are playing ? You going out of state? is out of state coming here ? Hotels , restaurants etc... tell your program cough up money we are done . You wont ...,,,I should put down the booze and learn to write a coherent post.

This person should inquire if BOCES offers night courses relating to basic grammar school sentence structure. Until then, pick up a few Dr. Seuss books, practice reading until classes begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any insights regarding the 4th upcoming payment? Should i pay it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any insights regarding the 4th upcoming payment? Should i pay it?

That's not the real question, can you not pay it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not the real question, can you not pay it?

What's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This person should inquire if BOCES offers night courses relating to basic grammar school sentence structure. Until then, pick up a few Dr. Seuss books, practice reading until classes begin.

I think it was meant as a joke. I want lax and I am proud to admit it. The kids want lax. The clubs want lax. The refs want lax. Just everyone admit it. If you take the time to post and/or read posts, you want lax, so stop it. Social distance lax 2020, lol. No tailgates, one parent per kid, no plopping folding chairs on the midline as spectators must stand (gosh) 6 feet apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, NEW YORK is wearing the scarlet COVID letter right now. No way Maryland and other locals want us. Just sayin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CoachC reminds me of the main guy in the netflix sitcom Tiger King

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, NEW YORK is wearing the scarlet COVID letter right now. No way Maryland and other locals want us. Just sayin...

Good don’t need them. Enough competition in the tri state. My guess (and a guess) NLF in Umass is the only travel tourney. The rest will be all local and probably all rescheduled throughout the summer. That’s my guess, if lax returns, I would gauge it by when you could return to a movie theater, organized sports will resume. My guess is also June is not likely. July is a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CoachC reminds me of the main guy in the netflix sitcom Tiger King

yeah, you're right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is summer season is July maybe early August with one day tournaments and lots of 1 v 1 scrimmages w 1 parent only. Then probably no tryouts in August and keep same teams for next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good don’t need them. Enough competition in the tri state. My guess (and a guess) NLF in Umass is the only travel tourney. The rest will be all local and probably all rescheduled throughout the summer. That’s my guess, if lax returns, I would gauge it by when you could return to a movie theater, organized sports will resume. My guess is also June is not likely. July is a chance.

There is not going to be lax this summer. Let’s all hope for the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Movie theaters is not a good gauge at all, they are businesses who can't wait to make money again. Travel lax is a business also BUT it needs a place to practice and play. I can't see towns, school districts or colleges approving use of their fields. They have too much on their own plates to even discuss it. At least 4 colleges have cancelled camps and prospect days. I hope it happens but it does not look good. Express should delay final payment again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Movie theaters is not a good gauge at all, they are businesses who can't wait to make money again. Travel lax is a business also BUT it needs a place to practice and play. I can't see towns, school districts or colleges approving use of their fields. They have too much on their own plates to even discuss it. At least 4 colleges have cancelled camps and prospect days. I hope it happens but it does not look good. Express should delay final payment again.

So if a county beach opens, I would think that includes county fields and parks. I agree with schools, they may be more restrictive. But who knows. Everyone keeps saying a slow reopening, and it will, but once it starts and the data shows no signs of increase, it will accelerate. Honestly, let’s just be hopeful that happens and we don’t regress. I am guessing we will be on the fields by late June. But just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if a county beach opens, I would think that includes county fields and parks. I agree with schools, they may be more restrictive. But who knows. Everyone keeps saying a slow reopening, and it will, but once it starts and the data shows no signs of increase, it will accelerate. Honestly, let’s just be hopeful that happens and we don’t regress. I am guessing we will be on the fields by late June. But just my opinion.

I think you a wrong, hope you are right. Lets see what Lord Cuomo says today about schools reopen. If they stay shut for the school year, no way schools will open fields this summer. Plus these field may be the sed for postponed graduations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't think we're getting any refunds but not sure I can stomach a 4th intstallment for nothing....and no new helmets or bags.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So delightful to wake up to an auto generated email letting me know my last payment is due.
I think I enjoyed this more than the email asking for votes for their alumni.
Other than the last payment originally being delayed, it has been radio silence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So delightful to wake up to an auto generated email letting me know my last payment is due.
Other than the last payment originally being delayed, it has been radio silence.

I emailed express this morning to inquire what the final payment covers. I didn't receive any reply back. If Express can't answer a simple two sentence email, they don't deserve payment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup just bad optics. They need to address this last payment as soon as possible.

7 weeks in and now they do a food drive? I guess better than nothing.

ZERO info on how to help to get recruited by colleges in light for all that is going on. ZERO tips on what to do.

Over $3,000 for HS aged player, and all we may get was a Fall season and 80% of a uniform? Watch Coach C toss together a few play days for the boys and call it even!

If they are looking for families to support them, they should have fostered a better relationship with families from the start. To the club its been always about the money and now the families are saying the same thing.

Hope they do the right thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I emailed express this morning to inquire what the final payment covers. I didn't receive any reply back. If Express can't answer a simple two sentence email, they don't deserve payment.

Back of the envelope type math..... this last payment only for Express could easily total $500,000- $900,000!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 144 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard