BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the trickle down effect of giving everyone an extra year impacts all the incoming classes. 2020 will share all 4 years with a 5th year senior class. 2021s will have 3 years the same, and the 2022 situation is a double whammy with 2 years of 5th year seniors AND less need for players in that class. NCAA spoke to soon if they said EVERYONE will be eligible. Seniors only was the right call. On a side note, kids from wealthy families will enjoy an extra year on mom and dad who will be glad to extend their kids another year, while the ones who absolutely needed the money they got to even play at a school will head out in four years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Inside Lacrosse Pre-Season High School top 52 players, here are the colleges for 51 of them (1 undecided). College/2020/2021/Total:

Stanford 4 / 5 / 9
Florida 4 / 1 / 5
Virginia 4 / 1 / 5
Maryland 2 / 2 / 4
Penn State 4 / 0 / 4
UNC 3 / 0 / 3
BC 1 / 1 / 2
Princeton 1 / 1 / 2
Notre Dame 2 / 0 / 2
Hopkins 1 / 1 / 2
USC 1 / 1 / 2
Harvard 2 / 0 / 2
Villanova 0 / 1 / 1
Yale 1 / 0 / 1
Stonybrook 1 / 0 / 1
Syracuse 1 / 0 / 1
Duke 1 / 0 / 1
Michigan 1 / 0 / 1
Ohio State 1 / 0 / 1
Georgetown 0 / 1 / 1
Va Tech 1 / 0 / 1

Stanford cleaning up... That has to be the most Top 50 players they have ever landed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to take a step back and quit being so self centered and emotional about this. Ultimately, college and high school lacrosse seasons being cut short and/or canceled impacts 8 classes of players - current college seniors all the way down to high school freshman. The exact impact is going to vary from program to program and from player to player.

Current college players lost more than half of their season, so it seems reasonable to grant them all an extra year of eligibility. That does not mean programs will grant them all a 5th year of scholarship money. Does anyone really think coaches will scale back on scholarship money for their top 2022 recruits this fall in order to get one additional year out of a current sophomore on their roster? Or they will risk losing a 2021 they want by lowering the amount of their verbal offer?

The reality is, the players on the margins of a college roster or list of recruits will have fewer options than the top players. Players with parents willing to pay any amount for college will have more options. This is nothing new! Worry about what you can control and adapt as necessary. We're all in this together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the NCAA stated that the extra year of eligibility is across all classes? I thought it was only for seniors this year?
The effect on High School players is only limited to the 2020 class as they will be joining teams with potentially a few 5th year seniors..
Its my opinion that most seniors will not be taking the fifth year im guessing about 25%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to take a step back and quit being so self centered and emotional about this. Ultimately, college and high school lacrosse seasons being cut short and/or canceled impacts 8 classes of players - current college seniors all the way down to high school freshman. The exact impact is going to vary from program to program and from player to player.

Current college players lost more than half of their season, so it seems reasonable to grant them all an extra year of eligibility. That does not mean programs will grant them all a 5th year of scholarship money. Does anyone really think coaches will scale back on scholarship money for their top 2022 recruits this fall in order to get one additional year out of a current sophomore on their roster? Or they will risk losing a 2021 they want by lowering the amount of their verbal offer?

The reality is, the players on the margins of a college roster or list of recruits will have fewer options than the top players. Players with parents willing to pay any amount for college will have more options. This is nothing new! Worry about what you can control and adapt as necessary. We're all in this together.

Oh, i think they absolutely will scale back on 2022's for a "known" player (who is currently a sophomore in college). Why wouldn't they? A fifth year contributing player over an "unknown" freshman player? I'd make that choice every time. And, does a current college freshman/sophomore who is barely playing truly "losing" over half the season? The high school sophomore is almost definitely missing the ENTIRE season. So, yea, excuse me for being "self centered" and "emotional". There are a lot of kids who spent a lot of time to be in a position to be recruited and due to no fault of their own, and a potential reaction by the NCAA, will be hindered - and perhaps significantly - by this decision.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the NCAA stated that the extra year of eligibility is across all classes? I thought it was only for seniors this year?
The effect on High School players is only limited to the 2020 class as they will be joining teams with potentially a few 5th year seniors..
Its my opinion that most seniors will not be taking the fifth year im guessing about 25%

If limited to current college seniors, correct (and I suspect it will be less than 25% at this time with kids already having made job and graduate school plans). But if they give every year in college an additional year, then it impacts more than just 2020's and especially the 2022 class (for reasons set forth in this thread earlier)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, i think they absolutely will scale back on 2022's for a "known" player (who is currently a sophomore in college). Why wouldn't they? A fifth year contributing player over an "unknown" freshman player? I'd make that choice every time. And, does a current college freshman/sophomore who is barely playing truly "losing" over half the season? The high school sophomore is almost definitely missing the ENTIRE season. So, yea, excuse me for being "self centered" and "emotional". There are a lot of kids who spent a lot of time to be in a position to be recruited and due to no fault of their own, and a potential reaction by the NCAA, will be hindered - and perhaps significantly - by this decision.

1st world problems for sure. Hope you got enough TP to last a while, perhaps you can use it to wipe your tears as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is a winner in this situation. The college kids lose some of their games, the HS kids lose the entire season, and possibly a championship in a winter sport as winter sports season hadn’t ended either. Let’s hope graduations can be saved.

Since NCAA mentioned it already they have to do something. There is one solution that works best in an effort to get back to normal operations the quickest. These are not always fair to all. The juniors take this burden as they will mix with seniors, or juniors redshirt which this late in their college career might be the correct thing to do. But again that is normal procedures of NCAA guidelines.

Just give only seniors one more year at the school they attended. Give scholarship extension to only seniors that stay at current school. So we have one year of scholarship above current limit. Since juniors are moving into senior class they should be allowed to receive some of the extra scholarship money if Seniors can’t consume it all. This is only fair.

This also allows any currency freshmen, Sophomore or Juniors to transfer/red shirt if they would like as the NCAA isn’t giving them anything.

Again, no easy fix to this but the above is the best option as it gives most flexibility to all student athletes and get things back on normal schedule the quickest.

Remember the education is first, they are all receiving a year of that this year in both college and HS.

Everyone stay safe through this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1st world problems for sure. Hope you got enough TP to last a while, perhaps you can use it to wipe your tears as well.

Oh a tough guy. Why don't you allow the adults to discuss issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: I only care about how this adversely affects me.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

darn straight. when i'm trying to put a 2022 through college i can't worry about some current college player missing a year. ncaa should make it senior class only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the coronavirus will thin the herd a little so there will end up being no impact on the overall numbers.

Maybe families will be affected by the virus and all of the changes occurring, which ARE going to last longer than just this season. Kids may decommit to stay closer to home, especially if they lose a parent. Kids who don't play for a year might be happy to get off the hamster wheel, and enjoy an activity they never thought of while they were playing team sports.

Maybe racism and xenophobia will come back in college admissions after "the chinese virus" and little Suzy with her private school and pony tail will have a shot at an Ivy, without needing lacrosse to get her in.

Discuss!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

darn straight. when i'm trying to put a 2022 through college i can't worry about some current college player missing a year. ncaa should make it senior class only.

Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment."

I think they should all be given the choice on playing the 5th year but if you do not see the difference between a freshman losing the second half of their year compared to a senior losing the second half of their final year you have no clue. The senior year is a special year for these women who have dedicated and sacrificed so much of themselves to their team and it would be tragic for them if they did not get the choice to finish their lacrosse careers on the field. I can tell you the reaction of the freshman compared to the seniors when they were told the season is cancelled were very different, the freshman were disappointed and were more upset for their senior teammates than themselves , the seniors were devastated .If you don't see the difference you have no idea of the sacrifice these athletes make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment.

AND YOUR 21 WILL GET SCREWED OVER IN THE END

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment."

I think they should all be given the choice on playing the 5th year but if you do not see the difference between a freshman losing the second half of their year compared to a senior losing the second half of their final year you have no clue. The senior year is a special year for these women who have dedicated and sacrificed so much of themselves to their team and it would be tragic for them if they did not get the choice to finish their lacrosse careers on the field. I can tell you the reaction of the freshman compared to the seniors when they were told the season is cancelled were very different, the freshman were disappointed and were more upset for their senior teammates than themselves , the seniors were devastated .If you don't see the difference you have no idea of the sacrifice these athletes make.

I understand the sacrifice all of the girls make. I played in college, I have one playing in college and one that is committed to play. They all sacrifice. I am all for the seniors getting the option, I am not arguing against it. I would just add the option to all players that lost a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The burden when you give everyone an extra year falls disproportionately on the 2022 class. The 2021 class is already largely committed, but the 2022's will lose a ton of scholarship money AND more importantly roster spots. Even if 10% of the current college sophomores take a fifth year, that's 10% less spots available - equal to losing 10 plus college PROGRAMS. These high school sophomores have also lost an ENTIRE year of lacrosse why should they be impacted doubly?

I'm all for there to be limited relief for college seniors and even those who are not seniors if they can show that they lost big opportunity by a fifth year returning (e.g., the junior goalie who now has a 5th year goalie returning) but to take away 10% (conservatively) of the roster spots for the 2022 kids is simply absurd.

Wonder what you would say if it was your kid, guessing something far different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the sacrifice all of the girls make. I played in college, I have one playing in college and one that is committed to play. They all sacrifice. I am all for the seniors getting the option, I am not arguing against it. I would just add the option to all players that lost a year.

My son missed his senior year of HS due to injury, played 6 College games, season cancelled. He was already offered a redshirt year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The burden when you give everyone an extra year falls disproportionately on the 2022 class. The 2021 class is already largely committed, but the 2022's will lose a ton of scholarship money AND more importantly roster spots. Even if 10% of the current college sophomores take a fifth year, that's 10% less spots available - equal to losing 10 plus college PROGRAMS. These high school sophomores have also lost an ENTIRE year of lacrosse why should they be impacted doubly?

I'm all for there to be limited relief for college seniors and even those who are not seniors if they can show that they lost big opportunity by a fifth year returning (e.g., the junior goalie who now has a 5th year goalie returning) but to take away 10% (conservatively) of the roster spots for the 2022 kids is simply absurd.

Wonder what you would say if it was your kid, guessing something far different.

Exactly. It would be a different story if these 2022 parents had college sophomores.

Every one of us could post about all that our kids and their specific grad year will miss out on, this season and possibly future years. Most of us are better than that, but you know how there are always one or two of those families on every team who just don't get it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son missed his senior year of HS due to injury, played 6 College games, season cancelled. He was already offered a redshirt year.

This is exactly why the NCAA needs to keep it simple and offer another year of eligibility to everyone whose season was cut short. Everyone's situation is different and they can't get into all these scenarios of who deserves another year and who doesn't. Most people will be understanding that someone who missed senior year of HS, then had freshman season canceled, is deserving of the option to play another year. I have a 2020 who will be impacted by players staying another year - scholarship money (NLI only covers one year), more competition for playing time, etc. - but if my daughter was already playing in college I'd want her to have the option of an extra year.

One thing I'm curious about - do players have a time limit to redshirt this year? Or could a current freshman decide in a year or two to take the extra year of eligibility? Someone who takes the extra year could always decide down the road to graduate early and not play the 5th year, but it seems like college coaches will be better able to plan ahead in distributing scholarship money and recruiting if they know by this fall who plans to take an extra year and who doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AND YOUR 21 WILL GET SCREWED OVER IN THE END

Only if they share your "poor me, everything is so unfair" unhinged attitude. Those of us raising our kids to deal with adversity will use this as motivation to work even harder and fit into an unselfish, team first culture. I have a feeling those kids will all end up being ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College Seniors and Only College Seniors...

If 20 percent of seniors come back next year.. as is my opinion.. the effect will not be drastic at many schools and will be over after a single season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one of the 7 seniors on my daughters team have said they would use the extra year... and ideally on a LI team closer to home.

The ability of Transferring this eligibility to another Uni.. opens another can of worms in my opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best men’s player in country at PSU just announced not coming back. Moving on in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly why the NCAA needs to keep it simple and offer another year of eligibility to everyone whose season was cut short. Everyone's situation is different and they can't get into all these scenarios of who deserves another year and who doesn't. Most people will be understanding that someone who missed senior year of HS, then had freshman season canceled, is deserving of the option to play another year. I have a 2020 who will be impacted by players staying another year - scholarship money (NLI only covers one year), more competition for playing time, etc. - but if my daughter was already playing in college I'd want her to have the option of an extra year.

One thing I'm curious about - do players have a time limit to redshirt this year? Or could a current freshman decide in a year or two to take the extra year of eligibility? Someone who takes the extra year could always decide down the road to graduate early and not play the 5th year, but it seems like college coaches will be better able to plan ahead in distributing scholarship money and recruiting if they know by this fall who plans to take an extra year and who doesn't.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. Most of the "senior only" mentality is also the "me only mentality".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how that’s possible as the NCAA has not decided if that’s actually an option for these players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for being the voice of reason. Most of the "senior only" mentality is also the "me only mentality".

You got it flipped..what has your underclass player missed out on 9-10 games? hopefully they are back at in august. (doubtful) Should everyone get a second redshirt when they need to cancel the 2021 season too?
As you see starting to develop most seniors arent going to be coming back..keep this to only this group and the effects end after next year, with no trickle down- If we assume normalcy resumes next year ( which as far as im reading may be a long-shot)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does everybody get another year or just current seniors? Does this cycle out in one year or are there roster and scholarship issues for 4 more years?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got it flipped..what has your underclass player missed out on 9-10 games? hopefully they are back at in august. (doubtful) Should everyone get a second redshirt when they need to cancel the 2021 season too?
As you see starting to develop most seniors arent going to be coming back..keep this to only this group and the effects end after next year, with no trickle down- If we assume normalcy resumes next year ( which as far as im reading may be a long-shot)

When you mention "normalcy resumes next year" do you mean that this past season was abnormal and might be in need of abnormal approaches? Nobody has this flipped. Yes our daughter missed 9-10 games and was devastated when her season ended, however not nearly as heartbroken as her senior teammates. College has a cap on 4 years of eligibility and all players playing this past season will have been deprived of that, simply put. The original message sent by the NCAA mentioned an increase in scholarships and roster spots. While playing time might become an issue later down the road for some players, what about the 9-10 game playing time that was missed this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is if they really offer this extra year to all players there will need to be discussions between the coach and the players. You have girls on college rosters that never see the field yet are taking up scholarship money. The NCAA is granting the players an extra year, that doesn't mean the coaches have to offer scholarship money for that extra year if the player chooses to take it. For instance if you have a current junior that doesn't see the field and she wants to play an extra year 2 years from now will the coach offer her scholarship money for that 5th year? My guess would be no. I think this will be true regardless if they increase the scholarship limit from 12 or not because schools aren't going to want to fund 3+ extra scholarships on all these spring sports. Not when the NCAA just lost out on 8 Billion dollars from the NCAA tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All seniors who decide to stay for the for the extra year of eligibility maintain what ever financial package they were receiving when the season was canceled. The normal allotted scholarships would then be distributed as promised to 2020 through 2017 group which would make up the freshman through senior class. The NCAA and colleges and universities have the funds to pay the tab for the "super " senior class granted the extra year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used to have a horse in the race, but now have a senior going to college without lax.

I will say, many players and workers across the world lost the year and jobs. The only group I hear getting it back our the NCAA players. I don’t think any employers or HS are “repeating” the year, and going to make you “ whole”. I don’t think I could tell my company I lost commissions because my account cancelled all the orders, you owe me money even though nothing shipped.

Give a year to the seniors, and 3 scholarships for a year to divide, and be done with it. This might be affecting 4-6 players a team, not 35. Manageable. Much can happen between a freshmen and senior year so let the others move up in normal process.

I do believe they are student athletes first, and the school did give them a full year of school credits, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's this for stirring the pot ..... all the 2022 parents that have been whinning about their entitled HS sophomore being cheated should first do the following : have your daughter get recruited, get committed, sign a letter of intent, make a team , get the grades and then not quit. Then after all that you may whine about how your daughter has been somehow cheated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's this for stirring the pot ..... all the 2022 parents that have been whinning about their entitled HS sophomore being cheated should first do the following : have your daughter get recruited, get committed, sign a letter of intent, make a team , get the grades and then not quit. Then after all that you may whine about how your daughter has been somehow cheated.

Eat a bag, tough guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you mention "normalcy resumes next year" do you mean that this past season was abnormal and might be in need of abnormal approaches? Nobody has this flipped. Yes our daughter missed 9-10 games and was devastated when her season ended, however not nearly as heartbroken as her senior teammates. College has a cap on 4 years of eligibility and all players playing this past season will have been deprived of that, simply put. The original message sent by the NCAA mentioned an increase in scholarships and roster spots. While playing time might become an issue later down the road for some players, what about the 9-10 game playing time that was missed this season?

No, actually I meant Normalcy... Going to work in an office, the kids in school.. businesses not closing..the ability to go where I want, when I want, with out contracting a novel corona virus and maybe killing myself, my wife or the old lady down the street whose newspaper i put on her porch. Normalcy has nothing to do with lacrosse..or the four years promised to your daughter.

Ill be pulling for the NCAA not to grant underclassmen the extra year just to ruin your day..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question to the forum:

How can allowing seniors only to return next year and limiting everybody else be a return to normalcy?

If my math is correct a Freshmen in college this year who is limited to the standard 4 year eligibility would get approximately 3.25 years of playing eligibility in their career. In your example, a senior gets the full 4 years plus this years limited season (about 25% of the schedule for a total of 4.25 years to play) but everybody else stays the same and gets 3.25 years. How is this fair or normal?

This problem effected everybody proportionately so the accommodation should be proportionate. Unless you want to limit 3/4 of those effected (Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors) you can't just offer to seniors only and believe you remedied the problem. It has to apply to the universe of those effected meaning all 4 classes (fresh, sop, junior and senior).

Underclass recruits is a whole other problem but ultimately they will get the full 4 years to compete and play which is the issue at hand, not playing time or team make up.

Bottom line, there is no answer and no one gets out of this without an impact. The best way to do this is limit the negative impact the best you can as the NCAA and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to take a minute and ask that all families think about praying for those involved in the Mount Olive Lacrosse accident on March 13, 2020. It's an extremely unfortunate incident that has left 4 people dead and 3 still in the hospital. Hug your children and tell them that you love them.

All this negative banter on this site truly loses touch of how precious life is. The ability to play a competitive sport in college is a privilege, as is life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used to have a horse in the race, but now have a senior going to college without lax.

I will say, many players and workers across the world lost the year and jobs. The only group I hear getting it back our the NCAA players. I don’t think any employers or HS are “repeating” the year, and going to make you “ whole”. I don’t think I could tell my company I lost commissions because my account cancelled all the orders, you owe me money even though nothing shipped.

Give a year to the seniors, and 3 scholarships for a year to divide, and be done with it. This might be affecting 4-6 players a team, not 35. Manageable. Much can happen between a freshmen and senior year so let the others move up in normal process.

I do believe they are student athletes first, and the school did give them a full year of school credits, correct?

Yes people around the globe have lost immeasurably.... jobs, school years, proms, money etc.... and yes LIVES! The rest of the world is not getting anything back. I think the extra year of eligibility was a quick reaction by NCAA to ease the pain of the canceled season. They honestly should retract that offer. These kids should be graduating and moving on with their lives, just like the rest of the real world is forced to do. Too many kids and certainly way too many parents put way too much weight on playing this sport. The win for kids and parents should have been that lacrosse got your kid into a better school than they would have otherwise, or lacrosse landed them a great scholarship for their education. You see way too many players graduating that had their priorities way out of whack. Where the sport was more important to them and unfortunately was more important to their parents than the real life education and opportunity. If done right, your kid should be graduating with an awesome degree and a career all lined up or plans for grad school. If your kid has put all his/her eggs in the lacrosse basket and has nothing planned for the real world after graduation, I guess go play, otherwise these kids are just giving away a year of their lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes people around the globe have lost immeasurably.... jobs, school years, proms, money etc.... and yes LIVES! The rest of the world is not getting anything back. I think the extra year of eligibility was a quick reaction by NCAA to ease the pain of the canceled season. They honestly should retract that offer. These kids should be graduating and moving on with their lives, just like the rest of the real world is forced to do. Too many kids and certainly way too many parents put way too much weight on playing this sport. The win for kids and parents should have been that lacrosse got your kid into a better school than they would have otherwise, or lacrosse landed them a great scholarship for their education. You see way too many players graduating that had their priorities way out of whack. Where the sport was more important to them and unfortunately was more important to their parents than the real life education and opportunity. If done right, your kid should be graduating with an awesome degree and a career all lined up or plans for grad school. If your kid has put all his/her eggs in the lacrosse basket and has nothing planned for the real world after graduation, I guess go play, otherwise these kids are just giving away a year of their lives.

Totally agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D2 already voted to provide an extra year to all spring athletes. I think it would be hard for D1 to do otherwise at this point.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard