BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 313 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More recent reports out of Europe show that kids and young adults are not coming out of this completely unscathed. Keep your kids safe and be well everyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH head Coach Kelly in interview with Booker two days ago was optimistic about getting in MIAA season if they started in later part of April. So he still has hope.

I think he's being overly optimistic. Sure hope he's right, but with more colleges already going online only for the rest of the semester, and Maryland urging all it's colleges to do the same, it would be surprising if the public schools didn't follow suit. That would basically force the MIAA schools to do the same.

But let's see what happens over the next few weeks. :fingers crossed:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This
It means very little to a sport like lacrosse. On a roster of 44 players at Maryland, only about 8 are seniors and only a few them actually play. The ones not on the field won't get time next year just because they repeated. It's a tuition grab, plain and simple.

Cut it out. You clearly have no idea what it means to be a part of something greater than yourself. No one will be forced to return or take a 5th year. Its just nice to know the option is out there. Some may wish to start graduate studies when its time, others will move on. And to say it means "very little to a sport like lacrosse" only proves you know nothing about what it means to be a part of the great sport. Lifetime lockeroom of friends and teammates that play for the joy of playing.

What in the world are you babbling about? You post some emotional bs but then say some will stay and some will go - meaning there will be little effect except for a few grad students or late credit seniors. Either way, it's extra paid tuition for the university.

This will impact more than a few grad students. the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to ALL STUDENT ATHLETES who participate in spring sports. Teams will feel the effect of this decision for at least the next four years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be NO extra year. They got three years of play plus a partial along with a 4 year education.

Time to move on.

But this is protect and give out participation awards country now,,,So another year added.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH head Coach Kelly in interview with Booker two days ago was optimistic about getting in MIAA season if they started in later part of April. So he still has hope.

I think he's being overly optimistic. Sure hope he's right, but with more colleges already going online only for the rest of the semester, and Maryland urging all it's colleges to do the same, it would be surprising if the public schools didn't follow suit. That would basically force the MIAA schools to do the same.

MD will be under state wide quarantine in a few days.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the word on the street

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget summer lacrosse. Fall sports are in question at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly, Only quarantine will be elderly and those around someone with virus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Francis, this will be over in a month or two max.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All collegian spring athletes are eligible for the extra year not just seniors.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get off the street. You should be at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the hope in your post. Donkey hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three games a week starting in may.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now your talking !! Let go. Time to get back to the grind soon !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a life dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a life dad.

I am certain that ALL the kids want to get the season in if at all possible. A little positive cheering from a "dad" isn't a bad thing considering the circumstances. I would be cheering for my sons/daughters to return to normalcy too. I think he's spot on with his enthusiasm and you sir, should take a walk- alone of course- Lets hope we all "get back to the grind soon".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.[/quote

The NCAA and their liberal leadership get it wrong again. Let it play out before making any emotional and irrational decisions.

The NCAA decision sounds personal to you. Not sure why giving these men another year is an issue. They played 5 games. Get a grip.

My issue is that the incoming 2020 class this fall will get the shaft. They also lost a season this spring but there’s really on way to replace that and grant them an extra year of high school eligibility. And then they arrive in the fall only to be a second freshman class on a college team. The NCAA robbed Peter to pay Paul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
[quote=Anonymous]Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.[/quote

The NCAA and their liberal leadership get it wrong again. Let it play out before making any emotional and irrational decisions.

The NCAA decision sounds personal to you. Not sure why giving these men another year is an issue. They played 5 games. Get a grip.

My issue is that the incoming 2020 class this fall will get the shaft. They also lost a season this spring but there’s really on way to replace that and grant them an extra year of high school eligibility. And then they arrive in the fall only to be a second freshman class on a college team. The NCAA robbed Peter to pay Paul.

Only kids who did not do pre1st or repeat a grade should get the extra year of eligibility...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi

Only kids who did not do pre1st or repeat a grade should get the extra year of eligibility...

Dont forget the PG or Redshirts !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no question that the incoming 2020 class get shafted with another Freshman class (really sophomores) to contend with for next four years. They also have a Senior class that will stay with a bunch of transfers coming in from all over. It will be a mess.

The 2021 are in same boat with having to contend with 4 classes of college students along with their own. Many will not get any money as it will go to the 4 classes above who are already proven . Sorry 2021 except to players with firm commitments, which NONE are signed at this time, so even some of those may change.

2022 are really in bad shape. They have ZERO commitments and College coaches will only give money and spots to top top players. Rest of 2022 Sorry, we have 4 classes already above you and they are proven players along with a few transfers. many have already reclassed, PG here we come.

Listen to Jamie Munro and Ty Xanders discuss the situation on Jamie's podcast. Many good points. They think it will be a big fat mess for 4 years. Also think PG will explode and 2021 and 2022 will get shafted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody will find a home. HS kids will graduate and move on or age out and 95% in college already are not going to pay another year of tuition for 0530 lifts and no social life just so they can continue to ride pine and wear swag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Informal poll of several D1 players who are seniors at different universities (about 10 of them), 8 are moving on to their professional careers, 1 is still thinking about it and 1 is coming back for grad school and will play. Not meant to be scientific but not sure most seniors are going to be taking NCAA up on additional year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Informal poll of several D1 players who are seniors at different universities (about 10 of them), 8 are moving on to their professional careers, 1 is still thinking about it and 1 is coming back for grad school and will play. Not meant to be scientific but not sure most seniors are going to be taking NCAA up on additional year.

To me, it’s less about which seniors stay on and more about all of the underclassmen who get extra years. My son will now be a member of a 25-man freshman class this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the hope in your post. Donkey hat.

What's your opinion now Donkey Hat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax Francis, this will be over in a month or two max.

suuuuuurrrrrreeeeeee it will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the lacrosse vendors keep sending us advertisements for summer camps when they won't happen? I would rather paid vendors sending out emails regarding what their refund policies are if the virus ends up cancelling their camps. Talk about shoddy business practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To me, it’s less about which seniors stay on and more about all of the underclassmen who get extra years. My son will now be a member of a 25-man freshman class this fall.

No, he won't. John Tillman was on Scott Van Pelt's show this morning saying all recruits and classes are being reconsidered and touch decisions will be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they will.

Conclusion: Do well in high school and on your SATs: get an academic scholarship and play D3 and have more fun. No coach can hold $$ over your head. If you're a D1 level player, you won't have to kill yourself to get PT in D3. Maybe you join a D3 program that let's you take a semester abroad? Enjoy college and life. If I had a dollar for every kid (many of whom were starters on national championship teams) who told me if they had to do it all over again they would have gone a different route, I would be a millionaire. Study hard and take a serious major for a great career. Don't let a college coach hijack what is supposed to be the best time in your life! D1 lacrosse in the 70s and 80s was more fun (no semesters abroad) before it got too serious. If you're bright enough and ambitious, there is not a pro league that pays you enough for the fun you forgo in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they will.

Conclusion: Do well in high school and on your SATs: get an academic scholarship and play D3 and have more fun. No coach can hold $$ over your head. If you're a D1 level player, you won't have to kill yourself to get PT in D3. Maybe you join a D3 program that let's you take a semester abroad? Enjoy college and life. If I had a dollar for every kid (many of whom were starters on national championship teams) who told me if they had to do it all over again they would have gone a different route, I would be a millionaire. Study hard and take a serious major for a great career. Don't let a college coach hijack what is supposed to be the best time in your life! D1 lacrosse in the 70s and 80s was more fun (no semesters abroad) before it got too serious. If you're bright enough and ambitious, there is not a pro league that pays you enough for the fun you forgo in college.

Life doesn't come in a one-size-fits-all. There is tremendous challenge with being a D1 athlete and that challenge, when met, is rewarded with great self esteem and foundational fortitude. A young man has only one chance to test himself athletically in his college experience. There are no do-overs with athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If being a D1 athlete means taking a crappy major, no is the answer, if being a D1 athlete means sacrificing career goals, no thank you. College is not about sacrificing your career options and education at the alter of athletics. Its about the balance between the body and the mind the Greeks heralded. If you want real foundational fortitude, make a Seal, Marine Recon or SF team. Sorry, too many Lax Programs have strayed away from the Greek ideal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If being a D1 athlete means taking a crappy major, no is the answer, if being a D1 athlete means sacrificing career goals, no thank you. College is not about sacrificing your career options and education at the alter of athletics. Its about the balance between the body and the mind the Greeks heralded. If you want real foundational fortitude, make a Seal, Marine Recon or SF team. Sorry, too many Lax Programs have strayed away from the Greek ideal.

Im 100% certain Coaches Pietramala, Desko, Danowski, Tierney, Tillman, Tiffany, Myers, Tambroni, Corrigan, and many others would take exception with your comment. So would the 100s of firms that hire their graduated athletes. Its a network that often is unrivaled. You hire the athlete not the degree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they will.

Life doesn't come in a one-size-fits-all. There is tremendous challenge with being a D1 athlete and that challenge, when met, is rewarded with great self esteem and foundational fortitude. A young man has only one chance to test himself athletically in his college experience. There are no do-overs with athletics.

There is this year😜

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Events are starting to postpone and/or rethink their timing. Should the NCAA amend the lacrosse recruiting calendar for the 2021 and 2022 players? Should high schools be allowed to conduct summer practices and games? Interstate travel may still be restricted and local intrastate games may only be possible. Coaches may want want more time to evaluate and push their offers and recruiting back a year as their rosters may be more complete as they could have 5 classes to work with this year (and beyond). Perhaps there should be a condensed fall high school season for spring sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im 100% certain Coaches Pietramala, Desko, Danowski, Tierney, Tillman, Tiffany, Myers, Tambroni, Corrigan, and many others would take exception with your comment. So would the 100s of firms that hire their graduated athletes. Its a network that often is unrivaled. You hire the athlete not the degree.

Your living in the past. This advantage only applies to the lacrosse players from the best schools with great majors and a GPA above 3.5. That's a small subset of this larger group. HR folks at Companies run the process now and you don't get interviewed unless you meet all three of these criteria. The sports grit advantage only applies to once you're on board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your living in the past. This advantage only applies to the lacrosse players from the best schools with great majors and a GPA above 3.5. That's a small subset of this larger group. HR folks at Companies run the process now and you don't get interviewed unless you meet all three of these criteria. The sports grit advantage only applies to once you're on board.

This applies only in instances where an applicant is sending their resume directly to a company. The reality that with resources like Linkedin current and former players are able to align with former alumni, teammates or former competitors to find inroads into companies they are targeting. So yes, there is still an advantage to playing ANY sport in college and building your network.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are clueless. Very clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This applies only in instances where an applicant is sending their resume directly to a company. The reality that with resources like Linkedin current and former players are able to align with former alumni, teammates or former competitors to find inroads into companies they are targeting. So yes, there is still an advantage to playing ANY sport in college and building your network.

Correct. Its a "who you know" world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about jobs after college for lacrosse players has me thinking. I look at majors of players on a couple D1 programs.

Not a lot of Computer, Engineering, Science type majors. Nothing wrong with their majors, Gov, Marketing, History, Economics, but it does look like many take the easy Major .

How this translates into the modern workplace I am not sure. There has been a shift in how people are hired and what they are looking for in last 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about jobs after college for lacrosse players has me thinking. I look at majors of players on a couple D1 programs.

Not a lot of Computer, Engineering, Science type majors. Nothing wrong with their majors, Gov, Marketing, History, Economics, but it does look like many take the easy Major .

How this translates into the modern workplace I am not sure. There has been a shift in how people are hired and what they are looking for in last 10 years.

Finally someone posts who isn't in the "ostrich club".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you thoughts on the People's champion?

https://www.USCL.com/peoples-champion-2022.html

Are these the best players are their age?

Are they even the best players on their teams?

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 313 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard