BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.

Cannons beat NL and Looneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1

Well they went 0-7 last year in Elite with a goal differential of -40. Fall means nothing. They should go down if anyone does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-7 to top of the standings? Sounds a tad ambitious.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 will dominate this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA picked up some new players, a much better team than last year. Beat up on Crabs yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?

FCA didn't add anyone to their roster last year. The exact same team that beat the Crabs last year 19-9. It's called puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.

FCA didn't add any players. No hold back on the team. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!

My son is friends with everyone on the team and none of them are holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is FCA not in the WSYL regional?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL qualifier probably going to get cancelled anyway due to coronavirus so likely a moot point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL may not even happen this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL may not even happen this year.
it will be cxled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.

Was that FCA MD or FCA National? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?

I think there is no way teams would want to go do this the summer prior to 9th grade. They will skip a year if they even continue this event. Based on the teams who already qualified, the event is continuing to decline. Outside the LI area, most clubs do not do this event. Next summer, the 2025 class will be included in showcase style events like Under Armor and the IL showcase events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Online Practices, Now that will be interesting. If it works could be the way to go for awhile.

Not sure what is online practice? Coach on Zoom telling players and watching as they shoot? Footwork? take a IQ test for Lacrosse ? New world for hopefully a short while

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 1/3 or more is normal but these aren't normal times. Without football, hockey or other conflicting sports being up in the air, more kids are coming out for lacrosse. I hope these displaced kids find another team. Attrition in HS teams is less, filling specific, missing roles or kids dropping travel all together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends. Depends on coaches, on what families want out of the program, on the amount of loyalty a program has to its returning players and whether they're vested in really developing the players, and other stuff. One 2025 team completely disintegrated last year, while another changed out less than 5% of its roster. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.

Tru dat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?
Yes, at crabs. Had that team now plays 26

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, at crabs. Half that team now plays 26
How many Crabs 25s are repeating 7th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be a really interesting division to watch. I know of several players from 2024 Elite teams last year that decided to re-class in August due to COVID-19 and school issues. I am well aware of the holdback debates, and not trying to start a new one. The kids I am referring to were already enrolled in 9th grade and made the decision in late August - so hard to pin that on parents trying to get the holdback advantage - those kids were already enrolled in 8th grade by then.

So it will be hard to judge this age group until we see who is actually on the field. i expect a lot more roster changes than we normally get at the 8th/9th grade groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who would care to rank the 2025 teams at this point? Haven't seen much action for this graduating class. Cannon's Gold was really good a few years ago, but they seemed to have lost strength, or at least have gone down in the U.S. club rankings. Not sure about the Hawks or Madlax, don't know to what extent they have older players playing at this graduation level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.

Which tournament?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard