BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 33 1 2 30 31 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3 teams 3 fields or 3 teams and 1 field

3 teams one cup

LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have real insight into how the top clubs play in the tourneys regarding number of players they carry. number of D, attack, middies and how playing time is distributed? does it change as they get older? seems to be a big question across the board.

In my observation teams typically carry between 19-23 players give or take on the 23 (5 D, 5 Attack, 10-12 middies and 1-2 Goalies) and play with that roster throughout the spring season as that is who comes to practice. Some teams have exceptions and bring kids in from out of state cloaked as "passionate" when really it is, "we need to win at all costs or it looks bad"!! All of those kids will find playing time during the season. In the tougher games, not as much

When the tournaments start after spring it is the wild wild west. You will see teams bringing kids from all over the place and making up "all star" teams to try and compete. Little Johnny who came to every practice and has worked hard all winter and spring and played in the spring will quickly be replaced by big Johnny who happens to be in the 6th grade and is 40 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller. Big Johnny will play, little Johnny will sit, but everyone gets a t shirt if they win so it doesn't matter! I've sat through multiple tournaments where 4-5 games were played and some kids maybe got playing time in 3 of them and it was limited. Hope this helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have real insight into how the top clubs play in the tourneys regarding number of players they carry. number of D, attack, middies and how playing time is distributed? does it change as they get older? seems to be a big question across the board.

In my observation teams typically carry between 19-23 players give or take on the 23 (5 D, 5 Attack, 10-12 middies and 1-2 Goalies) and play with that roster throughout the spring season as that is who comes to practice. Some teams have exceptions and bring kids in from out of state cloaked as "passionate" when really it is, "we need to win at all costs or it looks bad"!! All of those kids will find playing time during the season. In the tougher games, not as much

When the tournaments start after spring it is the wild wild west. You will see teams bringing kids from all over the place and making up "all star" teams to try and compete. Little Johnny who came to every practice and has worked hard all winter and spring and played in the spring will quickly be replaced by big Johnny who happens to be in the 6th grade and is 40 pounds heavier and 6 inches taller. Big Johnny will play, little Johnny will sit, but everyone gets a t shirt if they win so it doesn't matter! I've sat through multiple tournaments where 4-5 games were played and some kids maybe got playing time in 3 of them and it was limited. Hope this helps

So a team national ties will go from a local team to a national team come summer? Is that True?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a team national ties will go from a local team to a national team come summer? Is that True?

Lets just say a lot of guest players begin to show up for summer tournaments; they take on the 91 spring model for HOCO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The A bracket is hilarious.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhhh, True. I see what you did there......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

A and AA should be rec - save $1800

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HLC Vs. Koopers....I would pay to see that! Baltimore Lax at its best!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

There’s teams is AA that could definitely play in AAA.

I could just as easily say everyone in the elite division except the Hawks should save their $1800 bucks because it’s basically a race for second place. There’s only one “Elite” team. The rest of you are just very good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Troy Park closed for the weekend; Play Day Canceled.

HOCO Season is now in question as more fields will begin to close. Enjoy the Spring, see everyone for summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

I could just as easily say everyone in the elite division except the Hawks should save their $1800 bucks because it’s basically a race for second place. There’s only one “Elite” team. The rest of you are just very good.

And you would be wrong.......sorry your son isn't playing in the elite league....work harder nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is hoping that Delaware fields close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Troy Park closed for the weekend; Play Day Canceled.

HOCO Season is now in question as more fields will begin to close. Enjoy the Spring, see everyone for summer tournaments.

Delay HOCO until the weekend after Easter and play 2X each weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo has been suspended indefinitely. Announcement coming very soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-12 middies? are you kidding me? hawks play 6 or 7 .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they're quicker getting the announcement out than they are getting the schedule out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is hoping that Delaware fields close.

Slow your Roll Hawk dad. True wants all that smoke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

And you would be wrong.......sorry your son isn't playing in the elite league....work harder nobody cares.

Ha! It’s true. Hawks are truly elite. The rest of the elite division is not on the same level.

You really burned that guy with the Ravens quote. Remind how their season ended up again? I’ll give you a hint, it ended in disappointment like every team in elite last year that wasn’t the Hawks.

Work harder, maybe one day you’ll come within a few goals of the Hawks.

Hilarious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Bragging about 6th grade lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. Bragging about 6th grade lax.

Sorry you son is on a non competitive team. Winning is contagious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 kids go to Gilman. Hawks kids? When my kids playing Ivy I hope yours is enjoying community college. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 kids go to Gilman. Hawks kids? When my kids playing Ivy I hope yours is enjoying community college. Lol

And there it is...

Can’t beat Hawks? Then just flaunt your money and try to save face any way you can.

I went to public high school. I work alongside a lot of guys that went to fancy pants private high schools. Guess what, we all make the same money now, only my path cost my family significantly less, and I probably had a lot more fun in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it hilarious?

Ha! It’s true. Hawks are truly elite. The rest of the elite division is not on the same level.

You really burned that guy with the Ravens quote. Remind how their season ended up again? I’ll give you a hint, it ended in disappointment like every team in elite last year that wasn’t the Hawks.

Work harder, maybe one day you’ll come within a few goals of the Hawks.

Hilarious.

My son plays for Edge Canada 2026; I was not all that impressed. Shutdown #22 and the offense sputters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you guys in June. MAYBE May

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.[/quote]

My son plays for Edge Canada 2026; I was not all that impressed. Shutdown #22 and the offense sputters. [/quote]

And what was the score of that game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank goodness none of your sons read this forum; they would be embarrassed at how over-invested their Dads are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank goodness none of your sons read this forum; they would be embarrassed at how over-invested their Dads are.

And think how disappointed they will be when many of their sons don’t even make or play on their Varsity High School teams because they are “early developers.“

Size, speed and quickness will win the day. Genetics trumps all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's still practicing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who's still practicing?

haha, no one!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of genetics, speed, size and quickness...
where do these so called superstars on the hawks fall? some kids are going to really develop this year or two physically, maybe it is them or maybe their opponents. are these phenoms actually phenoms in an athlete oriented sport like hoops or football?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they're quicker getting the announcement out than they are getting the schedule out!

So much for that announcement coming very soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the Hawks and he has been dunking a basketball since he was 10 and can run a 4.4 forty. Mark Turgeon saw him at hia youth summer camp last year and said he played better then all but Sticks on the current Terp squad. Not sure that makes him a hoop stud, just telling you what I know.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the Hawks and he has been dunking a basketball since he was 10 and can run a 4.4 forty. Mark Turgeon saw him at hia youth summer camp last year and said he played better then all but Sticks on the current Terp squad. Not sure that makes him a hoop stud, just telling you what I know.....

Self quarantined, are you? This post is about as boring as my 675th game of go fish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, some us have sons that can play and whose destiny is to play D1, You may not feel that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, some us have sons that can play and whose destiny is to play D1, You may not feel that way.

"The world needs ditch diggers"....AKA practice squad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ringing humor to the previous post that crazily asked about how phenomenal or not are 12 year old kids. I thought it was a funny response to a inane post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions on when we will get back to lacrosse?

Page 32 of 33 1 2 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard