BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 171 of 267 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all notIntelligent. Our school closed today because a staff member was in close proximity to another person that attended a function over the weekend where there was another person who was told might have the virus. Or in other words- my sisters third cousins boyfriends nephew knows someone who’s third cousin sneezed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take offense at being called a pathetic insect. I fought, lobbied, tweeted and posted, wore tee shirts and hats to protest the killing of Harambe. I am aware of what is going on on our planet and other animals. Not really a Bernie guy though. Life is not free. San Demas HS Football RULES! GO CSH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re all pathetic insects. Bickering over trivial problems. Make yourselves useful and actually do something instead of sitting behind your computer screens and save the planet. Gaia is dying and you pathetic apes only care about is sports. Look at the state of the world, the planet is suffering because you are choosing to do nothing.
I am sure some pathetic parent is gonna say something to this. Your ancestors didn’t sacrifice their lives so you could vicariously watch the world burn from a monitor. It’s pathetic how you apes only care for are materialistic wants and foolish desire of violent sports.
The choice should be to abolish all sports and move toward replenishing the planet and take care of it. Gaia gave you life, why would you treat your mother like this

wow..very deep insight. Now quit yappin and pass that joint you're smoking...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Dematha?

In Hyattsville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t know AOC was a lacrosse fan
Feel the Bern

Contrary to popular belief, AOC is from Yorktown, she left the Bronx as a kid, Yorktown has a very good lacrosse program. I would guess AOC is friends with quite a few Lax Bros!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI High School lax season canceled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section XI says scrimmages & games are SUSPENDED until 4/3. Take it easy with the drama

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard delayed to 4/3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"LI High School lax season canceled."

Fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case then I claim Roslyn HS is the winner of the LI championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gaia is the ancestral mother of all life: the primal Mother Earth goddess. She is the mother of Uranus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen the list of 25. How many in that list are public schools?

I don't know all the schools to be able to tell you public vs private but here is the list. However it would appear the majority by quite a large margin is private. Top 9?
1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
10. Shoreham-Wading River (N.Y.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
14. Seton Hall Prep (N.J.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
16. Loyola Blakefield (Md.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
20. Torrey Pines (Calif.)
21. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Amazing how many top 10 teams have college freshman playing for them. Looking at this list, it seems very difficult to crack the top 10-20 teams without college freshman on your team.

Stop your crying. They are not college freshman yet, just a year older in high school. If it bothers you so much and your kid is having a hard time running with them, pick another sport.

Got it. Your son couldnt compete with same age players so you had him play down since he was 10. Many sports have parents like you that want an advantage others dont get or have. Generally other sports top teams are not loaded with them.
Lacrosse has the majority of better teams loaded with over age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know all the schools to be able to tell you public vs private but here is the list. However it would appear the majority by quite a large margin is private. Top 9?
1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.) I
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Amazing how many top 10 teams have college freshman playing for them. Looking at this list, it seems very difficult to crack the top 10-20 teams without college freshman on your team.

Stop your crying. They are not college freshman yet, just a year older in high school. If it bothers you so much and your kid is having a hard time running with them, pick another sport.

Got it. Your son couldnt compete with same age players so you had him play down since he was 10. Many sports have parents like you that want an advantage others dont get or have. Generally other sports top teams are not loaded with them.

Nope. My son was never held back. He trained and worked hard and is fortunate to be committed to a current Top 10 program. If a parent wants to hold their kids back, so be it. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we think of the season given current events?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.) I
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Nope. My son was never held back. He trained and worked hard and is fortunate to be committed to a current Top 10 program. If a parent wants to hold their kids back, so be it. Get over it.

Hilarious ! Yea, your son wasnt held back ! And on top of that is going to a top 10 program ! LOL.. What next, He is Full Ride ? Funny stuff !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons school had a really bad Lax program, does he have to play school ball the get recruited for college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Haven't seen the list of 25. How many in that list are public schools?

1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)o
4. Deerfield (Mass.) I
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Hilarious ! Yea, your son wasnt held back ! And on top of that is going to a top 10 program ! LOL.. What next, He is Full Ride ? Funny stuff !

Jealous?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons school had a really bad Lax program, does he have to play school ball the get recruited for college?

What travel team is he on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)o
4. Deerfield (Mass.) I
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Stop your crying. They are not college freshman yet, just a year older in high school. If it bothers you so much and your kid is having a hard time running with them, pick another sport

Jealous?

Of what?? A father who lives thru his heldback son and delusional rants of grandeur ? Still cant get over your Polk High playing days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Haven't seen the list of 25. How many in that list are public schools?

1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)o
4. Deerfield (Mass.) I
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Stop your crying. They are not college freshman yet, just a year older in high school. If it bothers you so much and your kid is having a hard time running with them, pick another sport

Of what?? A father who lives thru his heldback son and delusional rants of grandeur ? Still cant get over your Polk High playing days

No idea what your talking about? You’ve got issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, college coach will be interested in the high school team. But your main exposure will be club and prospect days. Need to be on best club team possible. Pick colleges that are good fit and go to prospect day. Also, good showcases, including Long Island Showcase, assuming on the Island, should be in mix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, college coach will be interested in the high school team. But your main exposure will be club and prospect days. Need to be on best club team possible. Pick colleges that are good fit and go to prospect day. Also, good showcases, including Long Island Showcase, assuming on the Island, should be in mix.

Being on the best club team is a complete and utter falsehood. You need good coaching and to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE IS OVER SAD TOO SAY FOR THIS YEAR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son made varsity in 9th grade, what does he do now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we think of the season given current events?

IT. IS. OVER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hit the wall, stay in shape, pray for a shortened season, then pray there is a travel season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He thanks his lucky stars that whatever happens this year he has three more years of high school lacrosse. He thanks God that he does not own a small business, restaurant or bar right now. He is grateful that he doesn’t sell cars or suits or wash dishes, drive a cab, work a register or do any of the myriad jobs that will be permanently lost even after this public health emergency is over. He can hope he has parents who will tell him that in the grand scheme of things his perceived tragedy of a lost season of high school lacrosse is beyond meaningless. And, most of all, he can give thanks for all the doctors, nurses and healthcare workers who are risking their lives and doing everything they can to take care of the sick and keep our system afloat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, come back next year and make varsity as a sophomore? Sorry to say I don't get your question...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son made varsity in 9th grade, what does he do now? [/quote]

Post it on Facebook, make sure everyone knows how proud you are of him, keep working hard and come back next year.

Keep in mind your Varsity team must not be too deep if they're pulling up 8th and 9th graders (size alone makes this a nonstarter). No sense pulling them up and having them sit all season when they can be running with their peers on JV. Lacrosse is still a team sport and, regardless of who your superstar 9th grader suits up for, it still pays to be humble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made varsity as a 9th grader as well. Unfortunately in my humble opinion and not to take away from the work my son puts in, its more a reflection of how poor the varsity lacrosse team is then how good our sons are. In a way I'm happy he wont have to go out there this year and get pounded by 12th graders with 40 pounds on him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling younger kids up to varsity does nothing but destroy school lax programs! Older kids get frustrated and quit and the program will crumble! It takes a few years but it will happen especially in smaller schools. And you will find a lot of these kids getting recruited for college that are going a few weeks or one semester and then quitting played up in school lax! Then you wonder why kids play travel and ditch school lax!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Post it on Facebook, make sure everyone knows how proud you are of him, keep working hard and come back next year.

Keep in mind your Varsity team must not be too deep if they're pulling up 8th and 9th graders (size alone makes this a nonstarter). No sense pulling them up and having them sit all season when they can be running with their peers on JV. Lacrosse is still a team sport and, regardless of who your superstar 9th grader suits up for, it still pays to be humble.[/quote]

Dude, chill a bit. Guy just asked a question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deals with it like the rest of the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the point of the question? Why is the 9th grader more important than the Jr. and Sr.'s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the point of the question? Why is the 9th grader more important than the Jr. and Sr.'s?

The point of the question is not clear, I grant you that. Maybe he wanted to know if its a good idea or not to play up.
Where does it imply that that his son is more important?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point of the question is not clear, I grant you that. Maybe he wanted to know if its a good idea or not to play up.
Where does it imply that that his son is more important?

Who knows with many of these parents. We live in one of the top lacrosse districts(one listed on this blog) on the island, if a 9th grader were to be moved up to varsity, the kid will be lights out, period. If the kid sees minimum field time, it's a waste, stay on JV. Just remember, if kids from JV are moved up the following year, good chance they play well together and may play over your kid who been on varsity from last year. Be careful of what you ask for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling younger kids up to varsity does nothing but destroy school lax programs! Older kids get frustrated and quit and the program will crumble! It takes a few years but it will happen especially in smaller schools. And you will find a lot of these kids getting recruited for college that are going a few weeks or one semester and then quitting played up in school lax! Then you wonder why kids play travel and ditch school lax!

Sounds like your kid might lose his starting position to the freshman. Happens..deal with it. Most likely season will be cancelled so you will be spared the embarrassment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your kid might lose his starting position to the freshman. Happens..deal with it. Most likely season will be cancelled so you will be spared the embarrassment!

Agreed. My kid got pulled up in the 9th grade and saw little playing time but started as a soph & will be playing at a top 25 D1 school next year. There is no comparison in competition between JV & Varsity. If given the opportunity to play up then do it if you want to play at the next level. There's no JV in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wwwwrrrrroooonnnnggg numb nuts! My son had the option as a tenth grader this year and he didn't want to do it and I agreed. I'm not living through my kids like the rest of you stunands!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being on the best club team is a complete and utter falsehood. You need good coaching and to play.

Not true. While coaching matters and definitely need to play, if you are not at good events, there is no one there to see. So best club team possible should have coaching, playing time and exposure. Remember, original poster is on bad HS team, so exposure and play against top teams matter. A good club can help fill the void. If you have a good HS program, club team may not matter at all.

Like Reply Quote
Page 171 of 267 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard