Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yep, was a novel idea, but now just a waste of money as a mid level program due to lack of chemistry and any type of coherent structure with zeroro development

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes Duke’s Nationals separated from Duke’s LC but both Clubs have strong teams!
Duke’s Elite High School teams were strong this fall at showcases and have had a number of good college commits.
Duke’s Nationals 2023-2027 strong at each grade this fall. 2024 just beat MADLAX 2024 at DCBox Classic, and if you believe us club lax rankings Madlax is number 1 for that grade.

I don’t know EB or G but the teams I have seen play and what I hear from other clubs is nothing like I read on these pages.

And when they post hype videos like this on IG, it's hard to argue with how hard they push their athletes with the best competition in tournaments!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B78a_6vB9C_/

Continually ripping top cheddar on a clearly brand new goalie who's literally afraid of/trying to avoid the ball is where it's at! It's what you see in all of the best hype videos that show how dominant a team is.

LMFAO. That goalie wanted to be in that goal as much as I want someone to walk in and kick me in the jimmy right now. Kudos to him for stepping in there, takes a set

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299105
02/11/20 04:11 PM
02/11/20 04:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299117
02/12/20 11:31 AM
02/12/20 11:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess we found out who owns the Duke's IP. Duke's Nationals is now... Nationals Lacrosse

https://www.instagram.com/nationalslacrosseclub/

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299118
02/12/20 11:33 AM
02/12/20 11:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have re-branded their program to "Nationals". I'm guessing they will be unveiling a new website soon.

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299127
02/12/20 05:07 PM
02/12/20 05:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be IP issue or simply separating from the mothership with there own brand.

What teams do they have now? I’ve only seen comments on 24’s and 23’s.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299148
02/13/20 08:41 AM
02/13/20 08:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just as an FYI, have it on good authority that G "owns the 'Duke's Nationals' name". So there could be a C&D, but not sure it stands any chance legally.

So are you still sure?

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299213
02/14/20 01:09 PM
02/14/20 01:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just as an FYI, have it on good authority that G "owns the 'Duke's Nationals' name". So there could be a C&D, but not sure it stands any chance legally.

So are you still sure?

Never said I was "sure" in the first place. Was going off of what I was told. Doesn't mean he didn't but DOES mean he folded in the stance that he could use if if he wanted to.

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299217
02/14/20 01:48 PM
02/14/20 01:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

Never said I was "sure" in the first place. Was going off of what I was told. Doesn't mean he didn't but DOES mean he folded in the stance that he could use if if he wanted to.

I don't think your "good authority" friend knows how IP works. The Duke's name is not trademarked, by the way. Ebe, however, has been using the name for a long time - probably since G was in diapers. Ain't no way G has any rights to that name.

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299219
02/14/20 02:41 PM
02/14/20 02:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

I don't think your "good authority" friend knows how IP works. The Duke's name is not trademarked, by the way. Ebe, however, has been using the name for a long time - probably since G was in diapers. Ain't no way G has any rights to that name.

Or is paying for it...

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299223
02/14/20 04:36 PM
02/14/20 04:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

Or is paying for it...

Ebe, only accept cash, not a certified check for more than the amount!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299304
02/17/20 06:00 PM
02/17/20 06:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Q & A with Duke's Lacrosse President, Ebe Helm
Covering Multi Topics Including New Player Orientation Conference Call, Duke's Programs, Duke's National's, & New Duke's Programs.

Q : Understanding that the Duke's Lacrosse Club has Multi Regional Programs , can you advise just what happened with the Duke's National's Program that operated under the Duke's Lacrosse Club?

A: Duke's National's Program was actually a Duke's Regional Program but they Named themselves Duke's National's because they Recruited with No Territorial Boundaries at the Middle School Age while all our other Duke's Regional Programs operate within Specific Territories.
The Duke's National's Program as it Previously Existed under the Duke's Lacrosse Club was Terminated, Removed and Discontinued under the prior Leadership because it Failed to Deliver on it's Primary Mandate and because there were Multi other Issues that Compromised the Values and Integrity of Duke's Lacrosse Club.

Q : If this Duke's National's Regional Program was Terminated, can you be more Specific about why and what the Problems were that you Encountered to force this Termination?

A : Where do I start. Let me be brief and just respond to the specifics of so many of your phone calls, emails, Blogs and the many Complaints from Events, Tournaments, Hotels, Many, many Vendors; Facility's, College Coaches, Other Club Coaches and Programs; Duke's Coaches and most Importantly Player's and Parents.
It frankly just became to Difficult to Explain and Navigate thru these Inconsistencies and Complaints that demanded Responsible Replies and Answers to all these Entities.
Additionally, with the Failure to Respond to a Primary Mandate; the lack of Respect for the History of who Duke's Lacrosse Club is and what it Represents just could No longer be Overlooked, Ignored or Compromised .
Bottom line, Our Integrity as a Program was at stake and having to Continuously Field all of these Complaints about a Total lack of Transparency; a Total Lack of Effective Communications; Ongoing Money Issues and so much more that so many of you Commented on simply didnt allow us to Continue with this Duke's National's Program under the Duke's Lacrosse Club's Name.

Q : How can the Previous Duke's National's People Continue to Use your Name?

A : We will defer to our Attorney's who have Filed a "Cease and Desist" Order on that Issue.

We expect this to be resolved amicably but if not then expect the next step will be an Injunction and Multi Court Filings seeking Damages and a Formal Remedy.
But again, that will be something our Attorney's handle.

Q : Can Players and Family's contact you or the Duke's Lacrosse Club Program to see where they may Fit within your Duke's Programs?

A : Definitely YES.

Feel free to Email me @ dukeslaxx13@aol.com or call me on my cell phone number of 610-247-5253 and we will review options for you to remain in or join one of our Duke's Lacrosse Club Programs.

Q : Do you plan on Replacing what was the Duke's National's Program?

A : Great question. We are Excited to tell you that DEFINITELY YES we are Replacing the previous Dukes National's Entity .
We are Interviewing Multiple Entities who will Remake this Program and Develop it into the Respectable, Responsible Program Entity that starts with a Foundation of Integrity, Honesty, Trust and Reliability.
Because of NCAA Rules, we can't Name add'l People we are having discussions with but suffice it to say, they are Duke's Alums and they are "household" names in the Lacrosse World.
Very Exciting !!!

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299308
02/18/20 12:13 AM
02/18/20 12:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting - An anonymous Q&A with Dukes President. That seems very transparent.

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #299312
02/18/20 08:30 AM
02/18/20 08:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, given the odd mid-sentence capitalizations and spelling errors in this post, I now know that Ebe is posting in the forum.

G, your turn to respond in the 3rd person and talk about what Nationals is going to do to battle the replacement for the "previous Dukes National's Entity" with a super team of your own.

https://media.tenor.com/images/23b875bff0290d88431de8cb75a161c3/tenor.gif

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #299323
02/18/20 11:52 AM
02/18/20 11:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, given the odd mid-sentence capitalizations and spelling errors in this post, I now know that Ebe is posting in the forum.

That's a cut and paste from the Duke's web site.

Reply Quote
Re: Duke's Lacrosse [Re: TM@BOTC] #300462
03/17/20 03:20 PM
03/17/20 03:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my son was on their 2025 team last year. What a complete s**tshow. By the end of summer, the whole team had pretty much fallen apart and no one showed up. There were events scheduled and literally a bunch of kids and parents were left -- many drove for hours to get there -- with no coaches at all, no cancellation, etc. All the Fall tournaments for 2025's were cancelled as there was no team left. SportsEngine got shut down, all communications stopped, and no one has ever followed up at all.

Received this year's uniform pack though, so I guess that's good? smile

But yeah, my experience was a constant demand for $$$$ without a clear strategy for the boys to play at the higher level. Once all the coaches bailed out, there wasn't anything left.

Reply Quote
Page 86 of 88 1 2 84 85 86 87 88
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification