BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level.

No you haven't.

I absolutely have. Lacrosse is a super easy sport to pick up late if you’re athletic. And if you play lacrosse in the MD area, you’d be surprised how far that can take you across the country to colleges in states that aren’t lacrosse powerhouses.

Correct. He hasn’t.

Of course he hasnt. He cant name one player in D1 who started in 11/12 grade in last 10 years.

But the main reason for his 11/12 grade fib is to justify his son not making an elite team, and to excuse his son not making team, his reasoning is anyone can make it later,so his son who isnt elite now can be elite and make the team in 11/12th. Sorry, just isnt happening in MD.

This is why many of the elite team parents on this board annoy everyone.

I missed the part where he said D1. Oh, that’s right, he didn’t. He said college lacrosse. There’s more to college lacrosse than D1. Plenty of your elite team kids are gonna end up playing D2 and D3 lacrosse in college alongside a lot of rec team players. Accept it.

I agree but not starting the sport in 11th and 12th grade; this is just absurd.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level.

No you haven't.

Maybe in curling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you haven't.

Maybe in curling

Subway University Lacrosse team does not count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you haven't.

Maybe in curling

Subway University Lacrosse team does not count.

I stand corrected. Yes, I'm sure there are 11th and 12th graders going on to play lacrosse with their buddies on the yard or something along those lines. I don't think the people in these chat rooms see "playing" college lacrosse as recreational or perhaps walking on to the lowest levels of college lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks want none of BBL at Spring Thaw... 🤦‍♂️

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, wouldn't want to beat them 6-1 again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not get crazy. But BBL is a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL? how many times do they need to lose to hawks before tehy give up? They got totally outclassed by laxachusettes at primetime as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not get crazy. But BBL is a good team.

BBL played well in 6-5 semi final loss to Express this fall & semifinal loss to Hawks & they beat Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL? how many times do they need to lose to hawks before tehy give up? They got totally outclassed by laxachusettes at primetime as well

funny one LXC guy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scrimmages this past weekend, or this coming weekend for teams not playing in Spring Thaw?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scrimmages this past weekend, or this coming weekend for teams not playing in Spring Thaw?

March Kickoff in Elkridge has a bunch of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

March Kickoff in Elkridge has a bunch of teams.

LI Express, 91 MD, BLC AND Crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mediocre meets mediocre...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mediocre meets mediocre...

Thanks Hawks Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The games at Elkridge this weekend will provide some clarity to how HoCo might play out in the Spring. Also the True V Hawks game in De is important as it will give a first glimpse of how the off season work primed the Hawks for HoCo, as well as giving a first post winter view of the many quality players that comprise the True roster. Fun weekend ahead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The games at Elkridge this weekend will provide some clarity to how HoCo might play out in the Spring. Also the True V Hawks game in De is important as it will give a first glimpse of how the off season work primed the Hawks for HoCo, as well as giving a first post winter view of the many quality players that comprise the True roster. Fun weekend ahead.

Its an Elite Hawks team vs a AAA True Annapolis team. Not quite sure what your expecting but this game will not be close. True is a first year program and from what I have heard from a parent is that they have only done skills work since fall, no team practice, so if you think this game will be close your crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. Most teams are still not posting a full roster due to ongoing winter club sports and spring breaks. Just like fall early spring means nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. Most teams are still not posting a full roster due to ongoing winter club sports and spring breaks. Just like fall early spring means nothing.

Hoco season starts in 13days does it not? I'd hope that teams have had their full rosters together for a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously????? If you don't have a full squad on the field ready to start preparing for HOCO by this weekend and are playing for one of the above mentioned teams in Elkridge or DE, you should be asking for a refund!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? It's mid March

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Fallston is in AAA this year. I don’t think they will win a game up there. Any other Misplaced teams, surprises, or teams to look out for outside of the elite division? There’s no surprises there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good teams

Not good teams

Enlighten me genius Hawks dad, who are the “good” teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And just like 5th grade, 6th grade means nothing.
Enjoy the time people. Before you know it, it’s over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good teams

Not good teams

Haha, I am not a hawks dad. My son doesnt play elite either but they have been going 2-4 times per week for over a month.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good teams

Not good teams

The teams with their full squad on the field this weekend preparing for the season 2 weeks before it starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Fallston is in AAA this year. I don’t think they will win a game up there. Any other Misplaced teams, surprises, or teams to look out for outside of the elite division? There’s no surprises there.

Where do you see divisions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good teams

Not good teams

I agree with him. Name a quality team that hasnt had a full team together yet and will not for a tournament the week before HOCO starts??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I see is the teams listed in alphabetical order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallston won AA in 2019, not sure why it would be surprising that they would move up to AAA in 2020 as a result. As to whether they'll do well or not I have no clue, but they deserve that spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallston won AA in 2019, not sure why it would be surprising that they would move up to AAA in 2020 as a result. As to whether they'll do well or not I have no clue, but they deserve that spot.

Where do you guys see divisions broken down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amherst lacrosse seasons cancelled. Ivy league hoops conference tournament cancelled. What's next? HOCO season cancelled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a Dad from Fallston (a program I have never heard of) is stirring the pot and trying to get on the radar. Until Hoco posts the divisions on its web page, nobody is in any division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a Dad from Fallston (a program I have never heard of) is stirring the pot and trying to get on the radar. Until Hoco posts the divisions on its web page, nobody is in any division.

Relax "dad"...................

Divisions have been sent to coaches and obviously 'leaks' have occurred.

2026 Elite - Madlax, Annapolis, Bethesda, crabs, FCA, Looney's, Next level, Team 91
2026 AAA - Roughriders, Sidewinders, TRW Wolfpack, Shore Boys, ALC Bay Riders, FLC, True Annapolis, VLC
2026 AA - Green hornets, Eastside, Bethesda Blue, Forest Hill, Kelly Post, breaker Blue, Zingos, HOCO
2026 A - PLC, Cannons, Top Caliber, 3D Maryland, Balt Swarm, HLC, Koopers, Breakers Orange,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams 3 fields or 3 teams and 1 field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2026 Elite - Madlax, Annapolis, Bethesda, crabs, FCA, Looney's, Next level, Team 91
2026 AAA - Roughriders, Sidewinders, TRW Wolfpack, Shore Boys, ALC Bay Riders, FLC, True Annapolis, VLC
2026 AA - Green hornets, Eastside, Bethesda Blue, Forest Hill, Kelly Post, breaker Blue, Zingos, HOCO
2026 A - PLC, Cannons, Top Caliber, 3D Maryland, Balt Swarm, HLC, Koopers, Breakers Orange,

Several pages of posts ago, it was stated that Howard County decides which teams are in which divisions. This is NOT true. The competition committee decides who goes Elite and who does not. The rest of the teams can self select based on what the coaches feel is the best fit. Last season Team 91 did not belong in 23 Elite but the club leader complained. It will always be the same teams in Elite each year as this is an agreement among club owners. The exception would be if an Elite club feels they do not have a top team in a particular age group that is elite. Otherwise it will always be the clubs listed except DCE takes over for Bethesda in 8th grade. If your kids wants to play D1 get on an elite team now or it will be a longer road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams 3 fields or 3 teams and 1 field

3 teams one cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait to hear AYLC daddy's complaints again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have real insight into how the top clubs play in the tourneys regarding number of players they carry. number of D, attack, middies and how playing time is distributed? does it change as they get older? seems to be a big question across the board.

Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard