BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way any of these club teams have the stones to do that. They are all Sheep. baaaah! baaaaaah! But that would be awesome. How you like to be team that gets punished in qualifiers and still makes it because someone has to fill the slots? What then sheep? your really gonna extort ur paying parents to lead your sheeplings to the slaughterhouse when you know u aint got a shot? Pay me half of what ur payin these con artists and Ill throw a pizza party lacrosse day and allow your kids to go home with their pride. Heck, I'll even throw in a "free" t shirt. WHATEVER DUDE!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No way any of these club teams have the stones to do that. They are all Sheep. baaaah! baaaaaah! But that would be awesome. How you like to be team that gets punished in qualifiers and still makes it because someone has to fill the slots? What then sheep? your really gonna extort ur paying parents to lead your sheeplings to the slaughterhouse when you know u aint got a shot? Pay me half of what ur payin these con artists and Ill throw a pizza party lacrosse day and allow your kids to go home with their pride. Heck, I'll even throw in a "free" t shirt. WHATEVER DUDE!

Don't forget the mini warp stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just had a good laugh, happened to look at us lax rankings for 2025, they have team 91 2025 ranked third, with the annapolis hawks below them....funny thing is team 91 has never beat the annapolis hawks, they even have CSH roar ranked 32 which beat team 91 2025 lol

I guess the rumor is true that 91 has "someone with their hand on the rankings" what a joke, now even the us lax rankings cant be taken seriously? they seem to control and corrupt everything they touch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess the qualifier would be one of the better tournaments to go to.

Yeah, but still not competitive. Rebels scrimmaged the Express over the weekend and I heard it wasn’t competitive at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the funny thing about this is they are Ranking 13 year old teams ... WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams will qualify from the North region? Previous years it was 6 with the exception of last year in which they took 7.

South: 2 teams confirmed
West: 4 teams confirmed
East: 4 teams?
Central: 4 teams?
International: 4 teams?

North: 6 teams?

East team has sent 6 in the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just had a good laugh, happened to look at us lax rankings for 2025, they have team 91 2025 ranked third, with the annapolis hawks below them....funny thing is team 91 has never beat the annapolis hawks, they even have CSH roar ranked 32 which beat team 91 2025 lol

I guess the rumor is true that 91 has "someone with their hand on the rankings" what a joke, now even the us lax rankings cant be taken seriously? they seem to control and corrupt everything they touch

Why just make things up? Tourney Machine shows 91 beat Hawks last summer and Hawks won this fall. Don’t let the truth get in the way of your argument

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares about 91? Let them spend their $ going to Denever to get punished by Exp Chanster! The point is denver is a scam and anyone that goes gets what they deserve. The utmost upside is a t shirt and a 40 min slot on ESPN 2 on a major holiday? If thats worth $8k to someone then they have deeper issues. If you want a "Free" warrior helmet (only if u make finals) you can buy one for $200 at Lax Unlimited. Ill be at teh beach with my son swimming and not even thinking about WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year IGLOO was knocked out in thw qualifers, and becuase they need more teams they let them back in. Joke.. Thtournament is all about MONEY. WP bought the win last year. Express will win with the team they had for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And igloo went on the "we need more teams" invite? Shame on them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the funny thing about this is they are Ranking 13 year old teams ... WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you care a lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is 1 thing i care about and thats my wallet. I aint funding WSYL so a bunch of parents that got beat up in High School can feel good about themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the parents who think all this matters; Print the last couple of pages of this "blog" and put it away. In three years, take it back out and read through all the printed non-sense, and tell me if it was really worth it. When your kid hits 9th grade, the games begin. Oh, I forgot, not in all circumstances, but if your kid attends a H.S. with a weak lax program, forget about it, save your money. And don't tell me your kid was moved up to varsity in 8th or 9th grade, if you do, the first thing I'll ask you is what school district do you live in...If you kid is serious about playing, either you move to a top district or look into one of the top privates. If you're spending close to 10K on one tournament and not to knock, live in brentwood, deerpark, middle country, longwood, william floyd, Patmed, etc you have your priorities backwards. Maybe you have a outlier in the mix, but not often. Look into going private. Finally, remember, the kids who are so called studs now, may not carry the same status when they hit H.S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is they try to model the Little League World Series, but lacrosse is hot bed based in the country and established teams have kids that are not age eligible. If the World Series was grade based, more teams would go, but we now have the NLF summer championship, which is way better competition. If they take 6 or 7 teams from the North region it’s kinda silly. Maybe Team Illinois or the Sixers can compete with the North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above states it nicely but the short of it is WSYL is BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIEX playing in MD this weekend. Anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the parents who think all this matters; Print the last couple of pages of this "blog" and put it away. In three years, take it back out and read through all the printed non-sense, and tell me if it was really worth it. When your kid hits 9th grade, the games begin. Oh, I forgot, not in all circumstances, but if your kid attends a H.S. with a weak lax program, forget about it, save your money. And don't tell me your kid was moved up to varsity in 8th or 9th grade, if you do, the first thing I'll ask you is what school district do you live in...If you kid is serious about playing, either you move to a top district or look into one of the top privates. If you're spending close to 10K on one tournament and not to knock, live in brentwood, deerpark, middle country, longwood, william floyd, Patmed, etc you have your priorities backwards. Maybe you have a outlier in the mix, but not often. Look into going private. Finally, remember, the kids who are so called studs now, may not carry the same status when they hit H.S.

This is rubbish. Plenty of kids from non-traditional powerhouse schools go on to play lacrosse in college. You are talking about uprooting your family to a new district, leaving friends, and starting a new school... just for lax??? I think you are the one with his priorities twisted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is rubbish. Plenty of kids from non-traditional powerhouse schools go on to play lacrosse in college. You are talking about uprooting your family to a new district, leaving friends, and starting a new school... just for lax??? I think you are the one with his priorities twisted.

I think you missed the overall point the post was explaining. You must be from one the districts listed and your kid is playing varsity in 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a month this will all be moot. 6 teams will be drinking the KoolAide and the other 11 will be heading home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who Cares ..... I will be on the beach when you are spending $8k to watch 13 year olds play lacrosse . This will not have an impact on your sons lax future at all ... Try asking boys in college if they remember the scores of travel lacrosse ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who Cares ..... I will be on the beach when you are spending $8k to watch 13 year olds play lacrosse . This will not have an impact on your sons lax future at all ... Try asking boys in college if they remember the scores of travel lacrosse ....

But then it won’t show up as a FB memory in the years to come. Honestly, to each his own. I think it’s a waste, but if my son was a starter on Express, I would probably feel differently. But if you are a North regional team and can’t compete, why consider going as the 4th, 5th or 6th seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, sounds like a lot of haters who have kids that didn't make the team or playing for teams that lost in qualifiers or are preparing to lose in qualifiers.

Here are a few points to consider:
1. If you detest it so much and continue to state, "who cares", why are you reading and posting on the 2025 thread. Maybe your kid is a 2025 and not age eligible... didn't make the top team for qualifiers, I don't know, just some guesses.
2. I have a kid on a team that is going to try and qualify. I understand the $$ involved and also understand that from purely a lacrosse development standpoint it could be spent in potentially other beneficial ways... but I'm in the fortunate position where I don't care. My kid has been working hard, enjoys playing with his team and teammates and if they qualify I'm happy to support him in going to Denver. I understand the tournament is a "money grab" as are most youth sporting events. If they don't qualify, so be it. As someone else stated, the north qualifier should be a great, competitive lacrosse event.
3. Yes, players and the landscape will change over the next 4 years, but this again seems spoken by someone who is bitter and hopes their kid get's better with time. We all hope that. Genetics plays a role, and most of us like the fact that the WSYL is age appropriate vs. grade based... and then I like going back to grade based and if my kid is playing against older 2025's then great, better for his development.

I'm actually interested in hearing about the teams involved, who thinks there will be upsets, any dark-horses... we all know Express CoachC is the favorite, etc... Spare us with the continued "waste of money", "who cares they're 13", yadda, yadda...

Good luck to all the teams that will be at the North Qualifier. Looking forward to it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coach High School and the 2 juniors that played in the Wsyl still remember their scores. Both going division 1 but they still care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, sounds like a lot of haters who have kids that didn't make the team or playing for teams that lost in qualifiers or are preparing to lose in qualifiers.

Here are a few points to consider:
1. If you detest it so much and continue to state, "who cares", why are you reading and posting on the 2025 thread. Maybe your kid is a 2025 and not age eligible... didn't make the top team for qualifiers, I don't know, just some guesses.
2. I have a kid on a team that is going to try and qualify. I understand the $$ involved and also understand that from purely a lacrosse development standpoint it could be spent in potentially other beneficial ways... but I'm in the fortunate position where I don't care. My kid has been working hard, enjoys playing with his team and teammates and if they qualify I'm happy to support him in going to Denver. I understand the tournament is a "money grab" as are most youth sporting events. If they don't qualify, so be it. As someone else stated, the north qualifier should be a great, competitive lacrosse event.
3. Yes, players and the landscape will change over the next 4 years, but this again seems spoken by someone who is bitter and hopes their kid get's better with time. We all hope that. Genetics plays a role, and most of us like the fact that the WSYL is age appropriate vs. grade based... and then I like going back to grade based and if my kid is playing against older 2025's then great, better for his development.

I'm actually interested in hearing about the teams involved, who thinks there will be upsets, any dark-horses... we all know Express CoachC is the favorite, etc... Spare us with the continued "waste of money", "who cares they're 13", yadda, yadda...

Good luck to all the teams that will be at the North Qualifier. Looking forward to it!

I understand your point of view, but it's still 13 year old kids playing a game. Do I like watching my son play? Yes, but let me tell you, during past tournaments, watching and listening to some parents when the team makes it to the final game is embarrassing. Way before that point I'm ready to go home or back to the hotel or both. My oldest son's team made it to Denver 2 years ago, if it happens this year with my second guy, I'm not looking forward it. In a forest landscape picture, this entire process (WSYL) may represent a lone decaying scrape of moss on a distant stone. Is WSYL all Bu*&%^(t, to an extent. The organizations are the ones truly benefiting from all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on.. great tourney in Maryland this weekend.. Express is playing FCA, BLC and 91MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on.. great tourney in Maryland this weekend.. Express is playing FCA, BLC and 91MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey listen, everyone has their own opinion of what "great" is and what you want for yourself and your kid. But the majority of people could care a less about WSYL. At the end of day its hype that means nothing in July, nothing next July and nothing in 5 years from now. If you go, God Bless and enjoy. And if you dont go.... considerate yourself fortunate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This all sounds like the B Division here.
This is the most competitive U 13 YOUTH LACROSSE in all the land. You can't find more competitive ON AGE youth lacrosse in the world.
If you are on this board then I would assume you have a clue about what all this means.

Who is the best right now... Not in High school and not in college... RIGHT NOW.

Go talk to two of the top recruits this year who both have won the world series. They can tell you what it meant to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you be excited fo play and qualify when there are teams like rush that have a player on their team they pulled from their 2024 team that also plays on 2023 true blue and is also on his schools varsity team. Does that sound competitive or CRAZY?????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you be excited fo play and qualify when there are teams like rush that have a player on their team they pulled from their 2024 team that also plays on 2023 true blue and is also on his schools varsity team. Does that sound competitive or CRAZY?????????

To EACH his own.

If he's ON AGE then bring it. ZERO issues.

All youth lax teams have the rest of the year to deal with OVER AGE KIDS regardless of grade.

WSYL is the only time you will have a legit ON AGE competition. Enjoy it and then its over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last Post-er needs to get a life.... re-read that written jargon aloud and when you realize how you have embarassed yourself hopefully you will wake up. If not, and you still believe U-13 Lax is the mecca of life, then Im sure your kids dont respect you and your wife is probably eating dinner with the guy that thinks the complete opposite of you. Safe Travels to Denver you fool.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone play on 2 club teams. How is that even possible. Practices, tournaments, money. Then of course school lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To EACH his own.

If he's ON AGE then bring it. ZERO issues.

All youth lax teams have the rest of the year to deal with OVER AGE KIDS regardless of grade.

WSYL is the only time you will have a legit ON AGE competition. Enjoy it and then its over.

I’m sure the kid wants to do all that and not be a 13 year old kid. You should hear how notIntelligent you sound thinking this all mean something!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro, the guy above just schooled you. Haaaaaaaa said your wife and kids think your a lost. OMG I sort of agree with the guy's point to be honest. 13 yr old lacrosses aint dat important

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone play on 2 club teams. How is that even possible. Practices, tournaments, money. Then of course school lacrosse.

Its not hard as long as one team has priority so everyone knows what to expect when conflicts arise. Mine does it and still has time for school work, football and basketball in season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it’s doable. Club lacrosse, school lacrosse, face off training is enough lacrosse in my opinion. I wouldn’t even think of adding another club team into the mix. Not to mention, not fair to that 2nd club team missing lots of practices because the other team has priority. To each their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does your kid really enjoy a Laxlife at age 13 it or does he think you enjoy so he stinks it up....hmmmmm????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it’s doable. Club lacrosse, school lacrosse, face off training is enough lacrosse in my opinion. I wouldn’t even think of adding another club team into the mix. Not to mention, not fair to that 2nd club team missing lots of practices because the other team has priority. To each their own.

It fills a selfish void for the parents I’m guessing. You can never make both teams practices. Teach your kids about loyalty and dedication instead of being an attention [ChillLaxin]. It’s a much more valuable lesson to teach your child

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dever may be canceled do to CoRONA... THANKS to the MEDIA> WIDE SPREAD PANIC..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or just let them be a kid. Organized sports is good for them but when you force-feed and overload them..... The guy above: His kid wont be playing lax by 10th grade if indeed the kid is really playing 2 travel teams, FOGO training, etc But at least he will have the $7500 memory of WSYL...which his kid will forget as soon as he gets off the plane. Lax on Brother!

Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard