BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TB has nothing. Their goalie is best kid on squad but he cant score, can he? They have no 91 or Coach C scraps. They have hitmen and outlaw castoffs along with PAL kids. In the fall they looked terrible. Not sure what changed in 3.5 months? Do you?

Their goalie plays for roar / regulators too

Goalie isn't the only one. 4 or 5 TB kids are playing for Regulators

Actually your wrong. Goalie does play for Regulators but not ROAR. They do have kids from all programs now. In Fall they were playing alot of what is now the B team kids to see who was useful for the spring and summer. Because Fall Tourneys are BS anyway. Too Be honest Express is def the top of heap but 91 is a very distant second.

But seriously for you to know this much about other 7th grade lax teams is pathetic. Almost Stalkerish... Get a life

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB has nothing. Their goalie is best kid on squad but he cant score, can he? They have no 91 or Coach C scraps. They have hitmen and outlaw castoffs along with PAL kids. In the fall they looked terrible. Not sure what changed in 3.5 months? Do you?

It’s bad enough the kids are forced to sit on the sidelines by their parents, must you call them scraps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The history of humanity is a book written in blood. We’re all just animals in a pit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take all 3 of those teams, make one and you still have nothing.

I think some of you people are going to be surprised at the qualifier. Teams are not announcing it, but most are bringing in 3-4 age appropriate game-changing players to get to Denver. You have no idea what's going to happen. I know of one LI team that brought in a '24 FOGO and big middie. No one will beat the FOGO and no one has a kid that matches up with the middie. I know that Primetime and some of the upstate clubs are making teams specifically for this event. See you there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take all 3 of those teams, make one and you still have nothing.

I think some of you people are going to be surprised at the qualifier. Teams are not announcing it, but most are bringing in 3-4 age appropriate game-changing players to get to Denver. You have no idea what's going to happen. I know of one LI team that brought in a '24 FOGO and big middie. No one will beat the FOGO and no one has a kid that matches up with the middie. I know that Primetime and some of the upstate clubs are making teams specifically for this event. See you there.

As they all should. You go there to win. The rules say age based. So go get the best you can or stay home. There is no winning the right way nonsense. It’s about winning, and that comes from club directors. So if your son is a 3rd line middie, or the 5th or 6th attackmen or defensemen or the backup goalie. You’ll likely be miserable on the 4th of July.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get the best you can before the season starts. Recruiting kids, tryouts, practices etc. Then you play with what you got. If you lose, too bad that’s life. This is your team. This is who the coaches and directors picked to play. You sink or you swim with your guys. That’s what separates winners and losers. Not talking about lax scores. I’m talking winners in life. More important than a lax tournament. PS my son will play no matter who is brought in. He is friends and has camaraderie with his teammates, I don’t want to see 4 or 5 strange kids in a few months on the field with my son. I also wouldn’t want to be one of those parents whose son switched teams. Some kids wearing different jerseys at different tournaments, bouncing team to team. I detest to tell you, wearing a jersey for a tournament doesn’t put you on a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean bringing kids in? What am I missing? Your saying teams are getting kids to leave their current teams, that they have been playing for all year. Every good lacrosse player as far as I know are playing club lax. Do they then play for 2 teams the last month or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean bringing kids in? What am I missing? Your saying teams are getting kids to leave their current teams, that they have been playing for all year. Every good lacrosse player as far as I know are playing club lax. Do they then play for 2 teams the last month or 2.

They will play for their 2024 team all season, but they will also practice and play with their 2025 team for 2 tourneys, the qualifier, and then in Denver. Young 2024’s that meet the age requirement I’m referring to. Every team is doing it. And if they’re not, they shouldn’t bother going to the qualifier. Some teams are stacked and no one has a clue yet. And I’m not talking about 91 and the Wolfpack goalie and those 2 middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get the best you can before the season starts. Recruiting kids, tryouts, practices etc. Then you play with what you got. If you lose, too bad that’s life. This is your team. This is who the coaches and directors picked to play. You sink or you swim with your guys. That’s what separates winners and losers. Not talking about lax scores. I’m talking winners in life. More important than a lax tournament. PS my son will play no matter who is brought in. He is friends and has camaraderie with his teammates, I don’t want to see 4 or 5 strange kids in a few months on the field with my son. I also wouldn’t want to be one of those parents whose son switched teams. Some kids wearing different jerseys at different tournaments, bouncing team to team. I detest to tell you, wearing a jersey for a tournament doesn’t put you on a team.

Unfortunately, you would have no say in that. Greed drives this scene. Clubs that win can post it on social media and more people will come to tryouts. More money for directors. You mean nothing to them. Friendships and camaraderie??? Those words are empty and meaningless to your coaches and directors. It’s about winning, college commitments, money and nothing else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sweet lax and Primetime do it, and likely others. Honestly, if the World Series stays viable, it will be the model. The “7th grade” team picked in August doesn’t have to be the defacto World Series team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the newspapers and the news right now. All people are talking about are the Houston Astros. They won a World Series a couple years ago. The team executives and players are apologizing. Why are they doing this? They are doing this because it was a garbage win, that’s why. I get that the Astros were i cheating and the stuff we are discussing technically isn’t cheating, I understand that. But the truth of the matter is its borderline garbage. I’d personally rather my sons team lose and battle their butt off, then win like garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see True Blue is in the qualifier. I noticed they have a 2nd team now at this age. Their 2025 team last year was solid.

I'm only here for the replies to this!!

JC hasn't been able to qualify in each of the past 2 years, and his 23 and 24 teams have been head and shoulders above the 25 group. Unless they are taking 10 teams from the north, I don't see True Blue traveling anywhere in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the newspapers and the news right now. All people are talking about are the Houston Astros. They won a World Series a couple years ago. The team executives and players are apologizing. Why are they doing this? They are doing this because it was a garbage win, that’s why. I get that the Astros were i cheating and the stuff we are discussing technically isn’t cheating, I understand that. But the truth of the matter is its borderline garbage. I’d personally rather my sons team lose and battle their butt off, then win like garbage.

You're comparing the inner workings of MLB to 12 year old lacrosse. Okay. Listen, when your son hits H.S., come back and tell me if this really mattered. You have no clue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these kids will be playing HS next year. Besides that’s not the point. Point is winning like trash at any age is a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're comparing the inner workings of MLB to 12 year old lacrosse. Okay. Listen, when your son hits H.S., come back and tell me if this really mattered. You have no clue!

The perception feels like most clubs and coaches value winning and don’t develop the roster, just wreck confidence with false hopes and encouragement. So stay within rules and put the best team together to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it sounds like it should be age appropriate teams on grade? Would kinda be like that if NY didn’t have the bizarre December 1 cutoff date. It should be September 1st, beginning of the school year. My son has an October birthday and I wish we held him for reasons other than sports, but would never consider it now for just lax. However, I see how much more of an impact he would have playing down. It’s a clear advantage. So not really making point here, but I see why we all get so nutty over the grade/age/holdback debate that endlessly rages on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the teams listed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop thinking that 8th graders contribute on the Varsity go tell your friends anther story ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams for what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the projected top teams teams that will most likely quailfy from the Northeast? Exp Chan, 91, Exp North, Laxachusetts, 3D NE Red, Prime Time, Sweet Lax & who else? Orange Crush? Igloo? R U S H ? Edge?

Tru Blue, Eclipse, Legacy, Rebels, Force, Regulators, S2S? Arent they all a few steps below from the above teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES IT MEANS NOTHING IN THE LONG RUN !!!!! WAKE UP WITH MONEY GRABS !!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just curious becasue there are a lot of teams . My kids playing the qualifiers and I want to see if I has to escrow money now for a lacrosse tournament that will cost me $6000 and Door_Open_And up my summer. all for a t shirt and plastic trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Qualify to spend $10k to play games against teams you can play here on the east coast ... Also did i mention the kids are 13 years old and this will all mean nothing in the end ... WAKE UP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. so what if your kids team qualifies and the program wants to go and has no chance of winning? Dont these teams know this? most parents dont even want to go but get strong armed by the club. If any of you Team "Directors" or owners or whatever your called are reading this, why dont you have the common courtesy to ask teh parents what they think about denver before forcing it on them? I bet more thann 1/2 say no way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10k, common. It’s a lot, but not that much. Maybe 5k. I agree with your post. Truth is and I don’t care what anyone says. This a huge money grab. Most of this club lacrosse is. Even that UMass warrior thing we get emails for. Huge money grab as well. I heard every kid that tries out makes the team. How can something be a tryout, if everyone makes it. They should call it an expensive practice. Parents should know before the season starts that their sons team is trying to qualify in April for Denver. This isn’t a surprise. Now April is rolling around soon and people are starting to shake and get alligator arms reaching for their checkbook. I understand, it’s a lot of money, but we knew this going in. So now the choice is simple. If your sons team qualifies, you find away to pay it, like myself.(I’m not rich). Second choice is, your sons team qualifies, you tell your son, he can’t go with his team. If he is a good player this hurts the team. Plus I’m sure this hurt your son as well. Obviously if the team doesn’t qualify, no choice needed. This is how it is. This is what sports today has become. This isn’t for cheap people. This isn’t for poor people. This is very, very expensive. We all had the option before the season to not do this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10k, common. It’s a lot, but not that much. Maybe 5k. I agree with your post. Truth is and I don’t care what anyone says. This a huge money grab. Most of this club lacrosse is. Even that UMass warrior thing we get emails for. Huge money grab as well. I heard every kid that tries out makes the team. How can something be a tryout, if everyone makes it. They should call it an expensive practice. Parents should know before the season starts that their sons team is trying to qualify in April for Denver. This isn’t a surprise. Now April is rolling around soon and people are starting to shake and get alligator arms reaching for their checkbook. I understand, it’s a lot of money, but we knew this going in. So now the choice is simple. If your sons team qualifies, you find away to pay it, like myself.(I’m not rich). Second choice is, your sons team qualifies, you tell your son, he can’t go with his team. If he is a good player this hurts the team. Plus I’m sure this hurt your son as well. Obviously if the team doesn’t qualify, no choice needed. This is how it is. This is what sports today has become. This isn’t for cheap people. This isn’t for poor people. This is very, very expensive. We all had the option before the season to not do this.

Why call it a money grab? Its a money dump. These places run businesses. They're goal is to make money. You're upset that they are doing that? Its a World Class experience if you ask anyone that has gone. As a team we decided not to qualify and Im happy to say Ill be going to the money grab known as The Outer Banks. While there we are going to pay a whole heck of a lot of money for a house someone built with the intention to rent it out and make money. At no point did I get mad at them and call it a money grab. Its a transaction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you son is a stud player and decides not to go they will not do a thing to him because in the long run the program does not want to lose him so don't get caught up in the garbage threats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldnt the team along with the parents make this choice or at least have this conversation? As for the kids? You can ask them if they want to go to China and swim in the Corona pool and they will say yes. 9 out of 10 of these kids could care a less....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams will qualify from the North region? Previous years it was 6 with the exception of last year in which they took 7.

South: 2 teams confirmed
West: 4 teams confirmed
East: 4 teams?
Central: 4 teams?
International: 4 teams?

North: 6 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As many teams that want to pony up the $$. Heck, My PAL team could go if WSYL needs filler...Write the check sir and yo too can get group pic with a mountain backdrop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the closed list or can more teams sign up? I don't see several of the "better" teams on there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to see Regulators & True Blue play against each other!! Maybe the goalie (and other TB kids) will play one half for each team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d love to go out later, have a few drinks, a nice dinner, and hopefully get lucky. You would love to see true blue vs regulators, 2 teams your son don’t even play for. Do you the difference between someone like you and someone like me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All solid teams. But the top teams are just too good. Cool do the qualifier, but would you invest in a trip to Denver knowing you can’t win? I love the U13 concept, but is it worth going to go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does a team have to win to make it worthwhile? That’s a pretty high bar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Win, no..be competetive and have a shot to make the championship? Yep. Travel across US for the best teams to beat the snot out of you? That aint worth $7000.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would guess the qualifier would be one of the better tournaments to go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best scenario to end this madness would be to win the qualifier then just refuse to go.

Page 33 of 42 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard