BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes National
True
Tribal
BBL
Hawks

Spring Thaw should be interesting in AA

Saltwater
True MD
Blackstorm

The B bracket

and only NXT in A

What should be interesting about a Playday?

BBL has played really well last year
Lets see what True has with all this talk
Saltwater is always fun to watch - best sideline swag ever

Saltwater has the most entertaining parent sideline in lacrosse. Not even close.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes National
True
Tribal
BBL
Hawks

Saltwater
True MD
Blackstorm

The B bracket

and only NXT in A

Interested to see what Duke's looks like. Did anyone play them in the fall?

Dukes is dead and anyone throwing money and dreams of good lacrosse at this program is lost. G has ruined this organization and it continue to be a money grab.

***G lost the Dukes name they are now known as Nationals Lacrosse***5ffn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes National
True
Tribal
BBL
Hawks

Saltwater
True MD
Blackstorm

The B bracket

and only NXT in A

Hawks beat True by 10 goals..

Is true Md the same team in HOCO AAA? Or is this another True Team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis AAA

True MD (probably A)

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
True Annapolis AAA

True MD (probably A)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
March18 Hoco should start. Predictions?

Hawks - Head and shoulders above all others
Team 91 - very good attack; need a few less wind games
Looney's - Need help on offense but have the best goalie at the elite level
FCA - Defense will carry this team
Madlax - never know what team will show up
BLC - big step back this year
Crabs - having next level in elite will keep them from the bottom; good FO
Next Level - will experience what elite level lax is about

Why do you think BLC will take a “big step back”. Do you have inside scoop?

Yeah, I want to hear this as well. I want to hear this as well.

BLC won the division in 3rd grade (2017), went 4-3 in 4th grade (2018), and 4-3 in 5th grade (2019). Not as good as they were a few years ago but don't appear to be getting worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC is always coached and good talent. I think Madlax pulls some of those kids as well as Next Level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reaching out to Team 91 parents; how does it feel to have 6th grade kids coming in from Texas to play HOCO lacrosse when you have at least 28 rostered kids on the team? This club is less about player development and more about winning; buyer beware. Nice job on carrying on the tradition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC is always coached and good talent. I think Madlax pulls some of those kids as well as Next Level

They lost some of last season's players to Madlax, not sure about NL though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reaching out to Team 91 parents; how does it feel to have 6th grade kids coming in from Texas to play HOCO lacrosse when you have at least 28 rostered kids on the team? This club is less about player development and more about winning; buyer beware. Nice job on carrying on the tradition.

kids commute from Texas for HOCO games?calling baloney...seems unlikely and expensive

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All about the W's ! And pocketing some change . After 20 players it is about the money. But then on the other hand, Most Clubs are about the money, so whats surprising about 91 doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids commute from Texas for HOCO games?calling baloney...seems unlikely and expensive

2022 and 2023 did it a few years ago; I know that first hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is indeed a fact, I feel much less like a crazy lacrosse dad knowing the extremes others will go to smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has definitely been done in the past by this organization for both HOCO and summer tournaments run by the owner of the club. It truly is one of the worst clubs around and I could not imagine being on a team where kids don't show up for practice but get playing time over kids that show up everyday and bust their Meanyavoid this club at all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has definitely been done in the past by this organization for both HOCO and summer tournaments run by the owner of the club. It truly is one of the worst clubs around and I could not imagine being on a team where kids don't show up for practice but get playing time over kids that show up everyday and bust their Meanyavoid this club at all costs.

Didn't the Crabs do this a few years ago? Players Mom was a flight attendant so it kept the cost down to fly him in. Maybe just a rumor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is indeed a fact, I feel much less like a crazy lacrosse dad knowing the extremes others will go to smile

Just wait, it gets worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is amazing is that no one has refuted this claim; 91 definitely has a history of pulling kids from out of state during HOCO season so this does not surprise me in the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is amazing is that no one has refuted this claim; 91 definitely has a history of pulling kids from out of state during HOCO season so this does not surprise me in the least.

There’s nothing to refute. They have a kid from Texas. I don’t see a problem with it. The kid from Texas is good but he can’t compete at the level he wants to compete at in Texas because the competition isn’t there. So he will play here in the elite level. If it works for him and his family, and it works for 91, and it doesn’t affect your kid, why do you care?

For the record I have no affiliation with 91, my kids plays in AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scared of 91? Kid get cut from 91? Didn’t get accepted at Gilman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine being so committed to a sport that you fly to Maryland from Texas every week to play elite level lacrosse. You all like to trash the HOCO league, but it’s still one of the best, if not the best league in the country. I don’t even know this kid but I promise you, that kid works hard, whether he’s practicing with the team or not, and he is likely more committed to playing lacrosse than your kid is to doing anything in the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at the June tournament in Delaware I was speaking to a Sweet Lax parent during warm ups. They had a very tall goalie. I asked her what the kids name was. Her reply, “I do not know that kid and the the three long poles as they flew here from Florida last night to play with our team. Kind of weird when the guys on the team have never met before today.” Whole bizarre this is a true story and shows how desperate and crazy clubs can be in their endeavor to win, draw attention and put money in the owner’s pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine being so committed to a sport that you fly to Maryland from Texas every week to play elite level lacrosse. You all like to trash the HOCO league, but it’s still one of the best, if not the best league in the country. I don’t even know this kid but I promise you, that kid works hard, whether he’s practicing with the team or not, and he is likely more committed to playing lacrosse than your kid is to doing anything in the world.

That's called trophy chasing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at the June tournament in Delaware I was speaking to a Sweet Lax parent during warm ups. They had a very tall goalie. I asked her what the kids name was. Her reply, “I do not know that kid and the the three long poles as they flew here from Florida last night to play with our team. Kind of weird when the guys on the team have never met before today.” Whole bizarre this is a true story and shows how desperate and crazy clubs can be in their endeavor to win, draw attention and put money in the owner’s pockets.

This is definitely true. I heard him calling his teammates out by jersey # on clears and a parent told me that he just came up from Fla. Which is fine if you have no goalie but they had another goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Committed is the right word for these parents!! And please do not sell me this BS that there is no competition in Texas for an 11/12 (but I am sure he will be older) to play lacrosse!! 91 is notorious for this; we see it every year, and I feel sorry for the parents spending $1000s on club fees to watch other kids get flown in from Texas in order to win a 6th grade lacrosse game. Imagine as a 6th grader going to practice 3 days a week for 2 hours and busting your hump with YOUR TEAM only to have the club owner fly some kid in from Texas on 91s dime just to win a game on Sunday while you sit on the bench? I know I know "hit the wall" coach I hear you, but that message falls flat when kids are being flown in form out of state to play 6th grade lacrosse. 91 philosophy is really not player development; I know for a fact this club will be calling and recruiting kids mid-season to replace your kid bc "Johnny" just doesn't have it!! This club has told kids they should not be playing lacrosse at a camp the club is running!! Complete joke and everything youth lacrosse should not be!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the point of flying this kid in from TX, they still lose with or without this kid. Let them bring someone from Alaska for all I care and keep racking up the L's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the "mind of the Team 91" and the words and philosophy of the owner. Give us your money Maryland and we in return will give you trophies by bringing in kids from out of state to win them for you!! In the meantime just tell your son to 'hit the wall' and 'break arms' whenever possible and make sure that check clears!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Committed is the right word for these parents!! And please do not sell me this BS that there is no competition in Texas for an 11/12 (but I am sure he will be older) to play lacrosse!! 91 is notorious for this; we see it every year, and I feel sorry for the parents spending $1000s on club fees to watch other kids get flown in from Texas in order to win a 6th grade lacrosse game. Imagine as a 6th grader going to practice 3 days a week for 2 hours and busting your hump with YOUR TEAM only to have the club owner fly some kid in from Texas on 91s dime just to win a game on Sunday while you sit on the bench? I know I know "hit the wall" coach I hear you, but that message falls flat when kids are being flown in form out of state to play 6th grade lacrosse. 91 philosophy is really not player development; I know for a fact this club will be calling and recruiting kids mid-season to replace your kid bc "Johnny" just doesn't have it!! This club has told kids they should not be playing lacrosse at a camp the club is running!! Complete joke and everything youth lacrosse should not be!!!

This is why my kid plays AA. It’s inexpensive, practices are close to my house, all the kids on his team live somewhat close to each other and will go to neighboring high schools,, and he gets plenty of playing time. Personally, I think parents that pay thousands of dollars to play elite level lacrosse at 11/12 are crazy. I probably look at them the way you look at the kid that’s flying in from Texas. But it’s their money, they can spend it how they want. It doesn’t affect me and it’s none of my business. The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level. Lacrosse is an easy sport for an athletic kid to learn late and still be able to excel at. In my opinion, probably the easiest. Good luck to everyone this year at HOCO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid plays AA because he couldn’t make 91. Admit it. It’s ok. 91 is not for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid plays AA because he couldn’t make 91. Admit it. It’s ok. 91 is not for everyone.

Actually, my kid has never tried out for 91 or any other elite level team. If they’re truly rostering near 30 kids he’d probably have a good shot though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the "mind of the Team 91" and the words and philosophy of the owner. Give us your money Maryland and we in return will give you trophies by bringing in kids from out of state to win them for you!! In the meantime just tell your son to 'hit the wall' and 'break arms' whenever possible and make sure that check clears!!

Few factual innaccuracies here sorry. a) This team doesn't rank on US Club Lacrosse dotcom b) why are they being discussed c) is this a ruse of them to get us to talk about them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 dad. Can you confirm how many rostered players on your dream team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In state or out of state rostered kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a stud lefty attacker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why my kid plays AA. It’s inexpensive, practices are close to my house, all the kids on his team live somewhat close to each other and will go to neighboring high schools,, and he gets plenty of playing time. Personally, I think parents that pay thousands of dollars to play elite level lacrosse at 11/12 are crazy. I probably look at them the way you look at the kid that’s flying in from Texas. But it’s their money, they can spend it how they want. It doesn’t affect me and it’s none of my business. The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level. Lacrosse is an easy sport for an athletic kid to learn late and still be able to excel at. In my opinion, probably the easiest. Good luck to everyone this year at HOCO.

Nothing wrong with your son not making elite, But go easy on the excuses, it doesnt come across well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level.[quote]

No you haven't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level.

No you haven't.

I absolutely have. Lacrosse is a super easy sport to pick up late if you’re athletic. And if you play lacrosse in the MD area, you’d be surprised how far that can take you across the country to colleges in states that aren’t lacrosse powerhouses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part is that I’ve seen kids quit baseball in 11th and even 12th grade to start playing high school lacrosse and then go on to play college lacrosse, and this is having never played lacrosse prior at any level.

No you haven't.

Correct. He hasn’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you haven't.

I absolutely have. Lacrosse is a super easy sport to pick up late if you’re athletic. And if you play lacrosse in the MD area, you’d be surprised how far that can take you across the country to colleges in states that aren’t lacrosse powerhouses.

Correct. He hasn’t.

Of course he hasnt. He cant name one player in D1 who started in 11/12 grade in last 10 years.

But the main reason for his 11/12 grade fib is to justify his son not making an elite team, and to excuse his son not making team, his reasoning is anyone can make it later,so his son who isnt elite now can be elite and make the team in 11/12th. Sorry, just isnt happening in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you haven't.

Correct. He hasn’t.

Of course he hasnt. He cant name one player in D1 who started in 11/12 grade in last 10 years.

But the main reason for his 11/12 grade fib is to justify his son not making an elite team, and to excuse his son not making team, his reasoning is anyone can make it later,so his son who isnt elite now can be elite and make the team in 11/12th. Sorry, just isnt happening in MD.

This is why many of the elite team parents on this board annoy everyone.

I missed the part where he said D1. Oh, that’s right, he didn’t. He said college lacrosse. There’s more to college lacrosse than D1. Plenty of your elite team kids are gonna end up playing D2 and D3 lacrosse in college alongside a lot of rec team players. Accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you haven't.

Like CCBC? please enlighten us which HS this is occurring at? Please to say lacrosse is a super easy sport to pick up late; that right there gives this post zero credibility. Do you know how long it takes to develop a lacrosse IQ let along the stick skills to play at a high level?

Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard