BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 147 of 214 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont be fooled by those coach lists.. more often than not its a second or third assistant coach or a grad assistant etc..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just looked at list of coaches for 2020 UA150 its on their website. UPenn. High Point. Penn State. Jacksonville just to name a few. Ridiculous to claim its lower tier D1 but whatever makes you feel better about not being selected. School specific camps/clinics have their purpose but are also stacked w/ players who know each other so easy to be a rockstar. UA150 has significantly less chance of playing w/ girls you know. UA AA is largely politics outside of LI too & you pay to try out which is the money grab. The evaluators are all from same clique of certain clubs and IMO teams are predetermind. Two hour tryouts aren't nearly enough to determine most deserving and my daughter made team but I can't deny she benefited from her association. Good luck to all

I may have misinterpreted what you wrote but it sounds like you said that UA AA is a money grab for charging a tryout fee?? Once you make the team, everything lacrosse wise is FREE; 3 team practices; uniforms, swag bag, and tournament entry is free.
UA 150 it’s free to apply but once you get that BS congrats your daughter was chosen as one of top 150 players in the country..... as long as you pay the $575 fee by Feb 25th. If you don’t pay then she isn’t anymore and one of the girls that weee wait listed will now be in the top 150 ?? Come on
UA 150. $$$$$$$ grab.
UA Underclass games. No more politics that cyo basketball but still mainly the best of the best from Baltimore and LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at list of coaches for 2020 UA150 its on their website. UPenn. High Point. Penn State. Jacksonville just to name a few. Ridiculous to claim its lower tier D1 but whatever makes you feel better about not being selected. School specific camps/clinics have their purpose but are also stacked w/ players who know each other so easy to be a rockstar. UA150 has significantly less chance of playing w/ girls you know. UA AA is largely politics outside of LI too & you pay to try out which is the money grab. The evaluators are all from same clique of certain clubs and IMO teams are predetermind. Two hour tryouts aren't nearly enough to determine most deserving and my daughter made team but I can't deny she benefited from her association. Good luck to all

I may have misinterpreted what you wrote but it sounds like you said that UA AA is a money grab for charging a tryout fee?? Once you make the team, everything lacrosse wise is FREE; 3 team practices; uniforms, swag bag, and tournament entry is free.
UA 150 it’s free to apply but once you get that BS congrats your daughter was chosen as one of top 150 players in the country..... as long as you pay the $575 fee by Feb 25th. If you don’t pay then she isn’t anymore and one of the girls that weee wait listed will now be in the top 150 ?? Come on
UA 150. $$$$$$$ grab.
UA Underclass games. No more politics that cyo basketball but still mainly the best of the best from Baltimore and LI

Agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA 150. $$$$$$$ grab.

Agree.

From someone whose daughter has participated in both I 100% agree! UA150 is the big money grab and joke. UA Underclass are the true best of the best. And it doesn't matter if your daughter is playing with friends. The chance of being on a small team with only her friends within the UA Underclass tryouts would be almost impossible. She's lucky if she even has 1 girl on her tryout team that she plays with on a regular basis. The fact that they are actually playing on a field to be evaluated vs an application and 5 minute video tells you everything you need to know about the evaluation process. Even with club and high school coaches submitting their written recommendation, the true evaluation of girl vs girl can only be done on a field. It's hard to compare written applications of 1000+ girls alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Don't need to feel better about anything. My daughter is a 2021 and happily committed. She attended UA150 the summer after 8th grade. It was a joke in terms of the coaches that actually showed up. The was selected the next summer but we decided it wasn't worth the $575 and figured that money would be better spent on other camps. She has also been on the last 2 Baltimore UA AA teams. You can't even compare UA150 and UA AA. One is a total money grab filled with mostly second tier girls. Look at the rosters and all star teams. The other, while political like every other "all star" team, is the best event of the summer for recruiting and is free other than the tryout fee.

If you think it's wise to spend the $575 on UA150 go ahead. It's not my money. I think most 2021 parents would agree that UA 150 is no longer relevant. If I'm not mistaken Nike 120 doesn't even exist anymore. There's a reason for that. Coaches don't attend anymore because it's in the summer now. When those events were in the winter coaches would come because it was during their downtime.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont be fooled by those coach lists.. more often than not its a second or third assistant coach or a grad assistant etc..

The assistant coach’s are heavily involved in the recruitment process especially in the beginning when evaluating talent for their original list. Head coaches will always make the final decision but largely rely on their assistance evaluations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 is a money grab and mostly go to goal mentality by a couple studs on each team. My recommendation is to spend the $ on a few select camps at schools your daughter is interested in and don't wait until the summer before your Junior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just STOP with EVERYTHING is a "money grab"!!! EVERYTHING is going to cost money, it's your preference where you want to spend that money. Just because you don't to do that event or your daughter doesn't get "accepted" for that event, doesn't make it a "money grab"...ENOUGH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just STOP with EVERYTHING is a "money grab"!!! EVERYTHING is going to cost money, it's your preference where you want to spend that money. Just because you don't to do that event or your daughter doesn't get "accepted" for that event, doesn't make it a "money grab"...ENOUGH

if you have money to burn....it couldn't hurt. then do it and good luck to your kid. But if you are really look to invest in your kids potential college looks, spend it on the prospect camps that your kid specifically want to go to. I have yet to hear of anyone that is recruited from any of these things..thats the advice Ive been given time and again....I think all the advice has been good on this page. Very thoughtful responses from people that have had their kid attend. Go see what they are saying on the Warrior games...Not just sour grapes. Its hard to navigate all this..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you have money to burn....it couldn't hurt. then do it and good luck to your kid. But if you are really look to invest in your kids potential college looks, spend it on the prospect camps that your kid specifically want to go to. I have yet to hear of anyone that is recruited from any of these things..thats the advice Ive been given time and again....I think all the advice has been good on this page. Very thoughtful responses from people that have had their kid attend. Go see what they are saying on the Warrior games...Not just sour grapes. Its hard to navigate all this..

Thank you for this response! I have appreciated everyone’s responses on this page and have not considered it to be combative. Not sure what this person has seen as so negative. They obviously haven’t seen the other forums 😂

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it boils down to what your daughter wants. There is nothing wrong with playing games for 2 days in front of many colleges - it's exposure. Period. You have no idea if anyone has been recruited from being seen at the UA 150, a school could notice you there and then continue to want to seek you out at other events due to what they saw at 150. Going to camps/clinics at the schools that you are 100% interested is a must, but doing these events (if given the option) is also relevant and looks good on your "resume". Again, its exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for this response! I have appreciated everyone’s responses on this page and have not considered it to be combative. Not sure what this person has seen as so negative. They obviously haven’t seen the other forums 😂

I agree with most and will just add my $.02. I have played and have girls that play and my one daughter played on the UA underclass command team last summer and nothing compares to that in my humble opinion. The best players (politics aside) If you are one of the top 15 players from LI or Baltimore you will make the team; girl 27 might make it over girl 20. That said the competes great and coaches are all over. I saw Reese, and UNC, Northwestern, Cuse. Basically the whose who of D1.
Plus it’s FREE outside the tryout fee.
Now UA 150 will have some very good players but it’s midweek in the heart of tourney season. So if you do have $575 to burn go ahead; it won’t hurt but it definitely has become watered down over the years.
Bottom line is if your daughter is really good; she will be found!
And at the end of the day enjoy it and have fun; lacrosse is an awesome sport, Stop constantly worrying about who is watching and just go out and enjoy this great sport. Good luck to everyone’s daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the UA150 will go to its waitlist?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be quite a few spots. I know many girls who turned down the invitation because it’s not worth the high price of admission.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know if they have started to go to waitlisted girls ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be quite a few spots. I know many girls who turned down the invitation because it’s not worth the high price of admission.

That's interesting, they knew the price of the event when they applied. So they turned down the invite after being accepted because of the high cost they knew about before they applied?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's interesting, they knew the price of the event when they applied. So they turned down the invite after being accepted because of the high cost they knew about before they applied?

It's all ego! and many say they got the invite but aren't going, but they never did get the invite. If your waitlisted get your club coach to reach out for you, those are the waitlisted girls who get called.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all ego! and many say they got the invite but aren't going, but they never did get the invite. If your waitlisted get your club coach to reach out for you, those are the waitlisted girls who get called.

Actually not true. The ones I know were required to apply this year because their club dictated it but based on either personal experience or feedback from those who did attend before, they would rather spend that money elsewhere. The cost can equal the same as two recruiting events or prospect days. Not everyone has a lot of spare money to spend on recruiting events and would rather spend it elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually not true. The ones I know were required to apply this year because their club dictated it but based on either personal experience or feedback from those who did attend before, they would rather spend that money elsewhere. The cost can equal the same as two recruiting events or prospect days. Not everyone has a lot of spare money to spend on recruiting events and would rather spend it elsewhere.

So the club dictated they apply but not attend if they were invited? The stories around this insignificant event get crazier with each response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the club dictated they apply but not attend if they were invited? The stories around this insignificant event get crazier with each response.

Yes. I’m guessing they assumed they would just drink the kool aid and attend as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they prob can't get 150 to even attend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not understanding how it's a waste of money? All the summer camps run around the same amount (in the $500's). Those are typically for a single college to see you and your mixed in with girls that can and/or can not play AND it's usually a hundred or more girls to be seen. This is 2 days of playing nothing but games, it's 75 girls per grade...and the list of many colleges attending is impressive (and YES, they do attend). Yes, there are clinics that are less expensive ($200-$300) but that is only 2-4 hours of running short drills, etc..
Why would you apply for something knowing what the price is going to be going in? Why would your club "dictate" you applying but then not attend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not understanding how it's a waste of money? All the summer camps run around the same amount (in the $500's). Those are typically for a single college to see you and your mixed in with girls that can and/or can not play AND it's usually a hundred or more girls to be seen. This is 2 days of playing nothing but games, it's 75 girls per grade...and the list of many colleges attending is impressive (and YES, they do attend). Yes, there are clinics that are less expensive ($200-$300) but that is only 2-4 hours of running short drills, etc..
Why would you apply for something knowing what the price is going to be going in? Why would your club "dictate" you applying but then not attend?

Yes camps are about the same price, but many camps have several coaches there, not just the coaches of that school. UNC summer camp is really good for instance. But I think most are referring to prospect days at schools as opposed to full camps. You can easily send your daughter to 2 or 3 school prospect days for the price of UA150.

All you have to do is look at the 2021 girls that attended last year. https://www.underarmour150.com/index.cfm?do=cnt.page&pg=1019

Very few of the top 2021 players attended in 2019 or 2018. Many of the girls on that roster list are not committed and the top schools are done with the 2021 class. Again, it's your money. If you think it makes sense for your daughter then go for it. I just would have realistic expectations of what your return on investment will be. That money can be spent in better ways imo based on my daughter's and many of her teammates recruiting journey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter is a 2021 but summer after 8th grade she was UA150? Its for rising sophomores & juniors not sure how thats possible she was selected in 8th grade? Total waste of money to pay $150 for UA AA when teams are pre determined. Of course its free if you make it everyone else paid your daughter's dues. notIntelligent to suggest girls turned it down who were waitlisted why bother applying? I think most of those claiming they were waitlisted were rejected. Again rosters, commits, coaches all available online along w/ parisi results. Lacrosse parents are fragile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter is a 2021 but summer after 8th grade she was UA150? Its for rising sophomores & juniors not sure how thats possible she was selected in 8th grade? Total waste of money to pay $150 for UA AA when teams are pre determined. Of course its free if you make it everyone else paid your daughter's dues. notIntelligent to suggest girls turned it down who were waitlisted why bother applying? I think most of those claiming they were waitlisted were rejected. Again rosters, commits, coaches all available online along w/ parisi results. Lacrosse parents are fragile

The UA150 changed 2 years ago. In 2017 it was for rising 9th and 10th graders. In 2018 it was changed to rising 10th and 11th graders. So the 2021 class actually had 3 opportunities to attend UA150. Most of the top players went in 2017, the summer after their 8th grade. After realizing what a terrible money grab it was most of the top players did not attend the last two years. If you speak to any 2021 parent from M&D, SW, YJ, Heros, etc you will be told to save your money and not go to UA 150. Of course many of those girls are the ones you falsely claim are pre determined to make the UA AA teams. Like I said in a previous post, there's a reason Nike 120 folded. The coaches no longer support it now that it is midweek in the summer as opposed to the winter. Spooky Nook Indoors were started because CR already had it reserved for the UA150 when the recruiting calendar got changed in 2017. I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money. People asked for opinions on the event. Considering the 2021 class had 3 chances to attend I would think our class parents would have the most insight. You do what you choose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR was just closed today for fears of Coronavirus. What will happen to all of the sports because FEAR of a virus like the flu is sending everyone into panic mode? Why isn't this done with flu outbreaks? Why the hysteria? It's not ebola…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight on the Apex 60 for girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight on the Apex 60 for girls?

This is the first year ,so there is zero experience. If one or more of the schools listed is on your radar it could be worth a shot.
It is open for 2021 through 2024 classes.. i doubt any one is looking past grad year 2022 at this point so talk that into consideration also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense, but after girls get to about 8th grade, “Superstar” clinics become a money grab. This camp needs to headline with the schools attending and not the headliners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have light rosters this year? Our YJ HS coach has driven away the middle to bottom of the roster by not giving them playing time and they have all quit. Now we have trouble getting enough girls to scrimmage. When will these coaches learn that padding stats and minutes in blowout games hurts the overall team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just got accepted into the apex 60 this morning. I haven’t read the fine print but are these fees insured? I know about the injury disclaimers but I’m talking cxed for the corona virus. They shouldn’t even ask people to make a decision until a month from now because of all of this.
I have three days to make decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first flip of the 2021 class from Navy to Hopkins. How many more will there be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first flip of the 2021 class from Navy to Hopkins. How many more will there be?

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

People don't list kids names on here. They're minors. She's a good player from LI. The girls know. Ask your daughter. She posted on her IG so it's not a secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

People don't list kids names on here. They're minors. She's a good player from LI. The girls know. Ask your daughter. She posted on her IG so it's not a secret.

Not surprised, she committed when she was like nine. If you recall it was a big issue on these boards with respect to how inappropriate it was to commit to a service academy in the 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus her sister bailed on academy and is now at a SUNY school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus there’s a family history of not keeping to your word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus there’s a family history of not keeping to your word.

No reason to rip the kid or her family. Her flipping is a prime example of why change was needed to recruiting. Kids shouldn't need to make a decision like committing to a service academy in 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for position: "Which position has a better chance for college recruit?"

My daugther used to play mid field, she was good but this year a couple of better middles join her teams, our coach played her more on attack (actually most of the time) than middle field. We struggled to decide which position to focus on, middle or attack. She still like middle because she think that is what she is good at.

Many factors to think about, however which position has more chance for college recruiting is what I don't know, and really appreciate if anyone has more experience would suggest.

She is a 9th grader now.

Thank you so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colleges love players that score points. Period. Everything else is just window dressing. I wish it was more broad but it really isn’t. My kid plays defense, and well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 147 of 214 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard