BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

US Lacrosse Rules are 9/1 not 10/1. I have girls on M&D at two different ages and neither team has a girl born prior to 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to a calendar year is the ONLY way to solve the holdback age problem. The reasons to hold your kid nack are personal but its definitely an advantage.when my daughter began 7th grade she was tweleve and a half. She turned 13 in February. But a girl on her yeam turned 14 in the end of September - but some if the girls on the team had just turned 12 in july and august. That made this player a full 22 and 23 months older than her teammates. That is a huge advantage - especially for middle school girls. Since then our team has added another girl who really should be in the grade above. If it van work for soccer which has way more partivipants - it can work for lacrosse.

Since this is a 25's forum ill use the m&d black 25's as an example.... two of their starting midfielders shpuld be in tbe 24's. Both are impact players.

I

Is the age thing really a problem for girls? Maybe it is and I don't see it. At this point any changes made should start with the younger age groups moving forward. The girls in this age group and others are pretty much set for the next 4 years... And yes in 4 short years this is all over. So enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

US Lacrosse Rules are 9/1 not 10/1. I have girls on M&D at two different ages and neither team has a girl born prior to 9/1.

Red Team doesn’t count, the 2025s got blown out by the YJ C Team (Janelli) this past fall.

If it’s multiple impact players I could see why M&D wouldn’t want to show, but the vacation excuse is nonsense where it’s the same weekend as the Mid Atlantic. Now if you told me it’s about the money then I would get it from an M&D perspective. At least Heros had the stones to show last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop stalking middle school girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents using the pre k year for lacrosse advantage are the smartest. How did they know so early. Quit your crying and play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calendar year is a bad idea. I would suggest August 1st or September 1st cutoff. That way everyone can play on grade who is of age. It is a big advantage holding back. The key to soccer is the player cards with birthdates. Lacrosse and ice hockey in the USA with the paucity of excellent training makes the holdbacks impact even more extreme compared to football, hoops and baseball. 20% of the top teams with the best training are holdbacks? Sooner you holdback the better for the individual you go from good on your on age team to star/ featured player on your team. You get 6 years of being a featured player/ most attention and training. The "super/ premier" clubs would resist this movement to go to all playing same age cohort as I think they feature the most holdbacks and the current model is working for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to a calendar year is the ONLY way to solve the holdback age problem. The reasons to hold your kid nack are personal but its definitely an advantage.when my daughter began 7th grade she was tweleve and a half. She turned 13 in February. But a girl on her yeam turned 14 in the end of September - but some if the girls on the team had just turned 12 in july and august. That made this player a full 22 and 23 months older than her teammates. That is a huge advantage - especially for middle school girls. Since then our team has added another girl who really should be in the grade above. If it van work for soccer which has way more partivipants - it can work for lacrosse.

Since this is a 25's forum ill use the m&d black 25's as an example.... two of their starting midfielders shpuld be in tbe 24's. Both are impact players.

I

Please go back to school and then try this post again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calendar year is a bad idea. I would suggest August 1st or September 1st cutoff. That way everyone can play on grade who is of age. It is a big advantage holding back. The key to soccer is the player cards with birthdates. Lacrosse and ice hockey in the USA with the paucity of excellent training makes the holdbacks impact even more extreme compared to football, hoops and baseball. 20% of the top teams with the best training are holdbacks? Sooner you holdback the better for the individual you go from good on your on age team to star/ featured player on your team. You get 6 years of being a featured player/ most attention and training. The "super/ premier" clubs would resist this movement to go to all playing same age cohort as I think they feature the most holdbacks and the current model is working for them.

How many LIDS had to google "paucity"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many LIDS had to google "paucity"?

Same amount of Maryland Mutt parents that hold back Sally because she can not hang on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents using the pre k year for lacrosse advantage are the smartest. How did they know so early. Quit your crying and play.

Seriously ??? - these girls are not being held back in pre-K - like your dismissive comment suggests. They're being held back in the middle school/high school transition. So don't be smart. They repeat 5th or 8th grade. And please don't act like it's not an advantage. It's insulting. I have no problem with whatever reason a family has for having their child repeat a grade - but it's definitely helpful to be at least one year up to 18 -22 months older then some of your opponents. Age based sports would eliminate that whole scenario. You just play with whoever was born the same year as you. Then it wouldn't matter at all what grade these kids are in. It works for soccer - it can work for lacrosse.

The M&D 24 black team just had a girl join their team who was a strong player on the 23's last year. She'll kill it at 24's. She's a great player - but being older helps tremendously.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I

They can go back (to school) and repost and not type on a phone or an electronic device so they remove all the spelling errors but their message is spot on. Typos and all. You just don't like what is has to say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ??? - these girls are not being held back in pre-K - like your dismissive comment suggests. They're being held back in the middle school/high school transition. So don't be smart. They repeat 5th or 8th grade. And please don't act like it's not an advantage. It's insulting. I have no problem with whatever reason a family has for having their child repeat a grade - but it's definitely helpful to be at least one year up to 18 -22 months older then some of your opponents. Age based sports would eliminate that whole scenario. You just play with whoever was born the same year as you. Then it wouldn't matter at all what grade these kids are in. It works for soccer - it can work for lacrosse.

The M&D 24 black team just had a girl join their team who was a strong player on the 23's last year. She'll kill it at 24's. She's a great player - but being older helps tremendously.

I think there is a difference when I girl is held back at pre-k or held back at 8th grade. Of course physically there is no difference, but when a girl does it in 8th grade they have a extra year of experience/LAX IQ. Which I think helps a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I

They can go back (to school) and repost and not type on a phone or an electronic device so they remove all the spelling errors but their message is spot on. Typos and all. You just don't like what is has to say

Hard to like or dislike when I can’t follow the illiteracy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Sw 24 blue has a girl that was a 23 last year. Moved here from Connecticut and reclassed for school. Girl is best player on that team so it does make a difference!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100%. My 2025 daughter (just turned 13) is no where close to puberty (per her family Dr) and she is going against "young women" on some teams. (Yes I know them personally on MnD Blk who are actual 2024 ages). However, when they mature in H.S. you'll see the top clubs even out. The early middle school year dominance of MnD blk teams goes away. They are still great teams nationally, but are more inline with the other great teams in HS. Look at the 2021 and 2022 blk teams. Once unbeatable in middle school, and now solidly in the top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This argument is a bunch of nonsense. MnD, Heros and SW always draw the best talent early. Those girls are typically the biggest, fastest, strongest for their age at the time. They get the best coaching and play (a lot) against the best teams. By 8th/9th grade, the strong girls on all of the other teams have all consolidated to MnD, Heros and SW and those teams begin to balance out against the rest of the best teams in the country, YJ, Mass Elite...
My daughter is a 2021 on a very strong Maryland team and there is only one girl with a birthday before 9/1, the date for school cutoff in Maryland. Reclassifying is a fools errand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100%. My 2025 daughter (just turned 13) is no where close to puberty (per her family Dr) and she is going against "young women" on some teams. (Yes I know them personally on MnD Blk who are actual 2024 ages). However, when they mature in H.S. you'll see the top clubs even out. The early middle school year dominance of MnD blk teams goes away. They are still great teams nationally, but are more inline with the other great teams in HS. Look at the 2021 and 2022 blk teams. Once unbeatable in middle school, and now solidly in the top 10.

There are no holdbacks on 21 Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This argument is a bunch of nonsense. MnD, Heros and SW always draw the best talent early. Those girls are typically the biggest, fastest, strongest for their age at the time. They get the best coaching and play (a lot) against the best teams. By 8th/9th grade, the strong girls on all of the other teams have all consolidated to MnD, Heros and SW and those teams begin to balance out against the rest of the best teams in the country, YJ, Mass Elite...
My daughter is a 2021 on a very strong Maryland team and there is only one girl with a birthday before 9/1, the date for school cutoff in Maryland. Reclassifying is a fools errand.

Red players don't count: please stop posting.

There are two reasons why M&D Black wont be at NATIONALS. One, their best players don't qualify and second why not stay home and double dip to collect the $? I mean we all know what this is all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s Nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals are too late in the summer and teams are going thru tryouts . These kids are 13 maybe some summer with family would be nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals are too late in the summer and teams are going thru tryouts . These kids are 13 maybe some summer with family would be nice.

So you are skipping the Mid Atlantic this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No coaches are looking at 7th graders -no need to give up the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why we have to pay a individual registration fee for the NGLL if the team/club is paying an admission fee ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why we have to pay a individual registration fee for the NGLL if the team/club is paying an admission fee ?

Just a money grab. It started last year as a way to siphon extra money from parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a money grab. It started last year as a way to siphon extra money from parents.

No, the NGLL is a new league that requires special funds and special referees that normal tournaments do not require. The NGLL leadership must be new to this whole lax thing and must not have realized the total amount of funds needed. Right?
Who could have possibly added additional fees the clubs balked at and then thought, well I'll pass it on directly to the parents. They will pay anything. No way possible someone thinks like that. Mwahahaha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our club covers the fee so parents don't get nickle and dimed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our club covers the fee so parents don't get nickle and dimed

Doesn't matter if they bake it in or nickel and dime you, the parents are still stuck with the bill. Still a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week of Feb 16 Skywalker's club director comes to the indoor Cross Keys games and SCREAMS the entire game, not even coaching, just testing his lungs capacity.

Week of Feb 23, new signs were posted about sportsmanship. Coincidence? I think not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s trash and everyone knows it. Even those paying in... just sayin’!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as are you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yuck ---- seriously ?!?!?. He's loud and obnoxious - but trash ???
At least he's here running his club instead of being away letting parents and parent coaches run his club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

more girls will be recruited from his club than the one your kid plays for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clubs coaches dont act or behave much different than the director, from the age groups I'm familiar with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clubs coaches dont act or behave much different than the director, from the age groups I'm familiar with

Sounds like some Skywalker envy going on. what's wrong? your kid couldn't make the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalker's director has been doing that for 20 years. All part of his act. It's harmless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches yell to see who will break and who will work harder. They prepare them to play at a higher level where they’re going to be yelled at constantly! Why do you think the Skywalkers teams start beating more and more teams as they get older? Because they’re constantly being pushed to their potential! If your snowflake family can’t handle your kid being yelled at, don’t come to Skywalkers! Good luck with your kid playing in high school and beyond!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers 25 gets smoked by M&D25 on the regular. Program used to be good, not anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this banter constructive?You are better than this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They really aren't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My girl could very well play for his club!
This banter isn't very constructive, I agree.
But I don't know what this guy thinks he is achieving by being the Biggest-braggart-in-Baltimore.
Every year, for every little-sticks clinic, for every parent waiting for their daughters indoor game to start, for the parent who are waiting for the basketball game to start- he comes out screaming at 7 year old girls because only the best will make it with his club. By the time it matters more than 50% of the girls wont be there anymore. But 100% of the parents wont be able to erase that guy.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 58 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard