BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 114 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has girls going all over the place (#1 girl on team, if not the state, is at public) and the ones at McD are not going to make much of an impact. Unless TC can turn them into beasts - she loves athletic frames.
GCS should be really good, and Maryvale.
I hope NDP can put together a team of good ones, because they have a maybe one from 2023s that will make a difference.
BM has the best goalie in years. Plus some solid athletes.
SPSFG has some good ones.
The McD v NDP rivalry will fade away.

Lets get excited about the season everyone!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can’t think of anymore than 5 standouts/bluechip in club for 2023. And none are at McD! McD has some athletes but they have more girls who are average but throw a lot of money and time into training & private coaching which makes them ok players. Watch out for St Paul’s and NDP, MV & BM in the next few years.

Not sure why you would think Maryvale or Bryn Mawr would be contenders in the next few years. Most of the 2021-2023 talent is at SPSG, Glenelg Country, NDP and MCD

I guess you don't know the 2023 class very well. Maryvale got some great lacrosse players in their freshman class this year. I know they have 6 girls from the 2023 Skywalkers Blue team. They also got some great girls from some other programs. Time will tell but their freshman class is loaded.

I know the 2023 class just fine. And I know that SW is not one of the better teams at 2023. The M&D and Heros girls went to SPSG, GCS and McD as I said. I'm sure many 2023s will make Varsity at MV this year because the team isn't very good.

How do you not think SW's it not one of the better teams? They have beat or been close to any top team. Beat M&D in the NXT tournament didn't they! So I guess you still don't know anything about the 2023's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has girls going all over the place (#1 girl on team, if not the state, is at public) and the ones at McD are not going to make much of an impact. Unless TC can turn them into beasts - she loves athletic frames.
GCS should be really good, and Maryvale.
I hope NDP can put together a team of good ones, because they have a maybe one from 2023s that will make a difference.
BM has the best goalie in years. Plus some solid athletes.
SPSFG has some good ones.
The McD v NDP rivalry will fade away.

Lets get excited about the season everyone!

BM has the 2023 goalie from SW's probably the best 2023 goalie in MD. I like MV's freshman class coming in. I don't think their is a stronger one out there. They got some top athletes from several clubs and the biggest thing they got was Quantity of good players. The freshman / sophomore team won indoor (yeah I know isn't the same as outdoor but shows there Talent pool). Give them a year or two.

M&D and NDP will always be powerhouses IMO. SP's and Arch does a great job of putting up good team's also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t think of anymore than 5 standouts/bluechip in club for 2023. And none are at McD! McD has some athletes but they have more girls who are average but throw a lot of money and time into training & private coaching which makes them ok players. Watch out for St Paul’s and NDP, MV & BM in the next few years.

Not sure why you would think Maryvale or Bryn Mawr would be contenders in the next few years. Most of the 2021-2023 talent is at SPSG, Glenelg Country, NDP and MCD

I guess you don't know the 2023 class very well. Maryvale got some great lacrosse players in their freshman class this year. I know they have 6 girls from the 2023 Skywalkers Blue team. They also got some great girls from some other programs. Time will tell but their freshman class is loaded.

I know the 2023 class just fine. And I know that SW is not one of the better teams at 2023. The M&D and Heros girls went to SPSG, GCS and McD as I said. I'm sure many 2023s will make Varsity at MV this year because the team isn't very good.

SW's 2023 best 4 players got split up between BM, MV, SP and NDP. Goalie and the 3 mid fielders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you not think SW's it not one of the better teams? They have beat or been close to any top team. Beat M&D in the NXT tournament didn't they! So I guess you still don't know anything about the 2023's.

Are you really making a claim that SW 2023 has been as successful as M&D and Hero's? Because they beat them once? lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really making a claim that SW 2023 has been as successful as M&D and Hero's? Because they beat them once? lol

SW, hero's, and M&D are all great teams. All 3 have some really good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW's 2023 best 4 players got split up between BM, MV, SP and NDP. Goalie and the 3 mid fielders.

9 of hero's 23 green ended up at GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of 2023s, SPSG has 3 of M&D best, 1 of SW best and 3 Heros girls. The talent is spread out as opposed to the some of the past couple classes. SPSG, NDP and GCS have tons of 2021 talent. McDonogh doesn't have a lot once the 2020 class leaves. It should be an interesting few years. It's going to take MV a few years and another couple good classes to be competitive. They have very little in the 2020-2022 classes and you never know how girls will do in high school until they actually play. Totally different game than middle school club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the upcoming season does Mcd win National Championship again? Or does ESM from Long Island win it? Any teams in Philly? Darien I think can be a dark horse. I don’t think any other good teams out there across country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the upcoming season does Mcd win National Championship again? Or does ESM from Long Island win it? Any teams in Philly? Darien I think can be a dark horse. I don’t think any other good teams out there across country.

I would be shocked if McD goes undefeated this season. They lost so much talent from last year with not much in the 21 or 22 class to replace it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 of hero's 23 green ended up at GCS

Maryvale took them down in indoor championships by just 1 point. Of course don't know who was there and not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basing any opinions on indoor results is just silly. Maryvale was bad last year but at least had CB and SA. They lost their top two offensive and top defensive player with no one therr to replace that production. If you think freshman are going to step into the IAAM and do it good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basing any opinions on indoor results is just silly. Maryvale was bad last year but at least had CB and SA. They lost their top two offensive and top defensive player with no one therr to replace that production. If you think freshman are going to step into the IAAM and do it good luck with that.

Nobody said that. They have a very good freshman class but going to take a year or two too get competitive again. Also need another strong class next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
2 St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A
4 Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
5 St. Anthony's (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
6 Oak Knoll (N.J.) 0-0 N/A
7 Garden City (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
8 Episcopal Academy (Pa.) 0-0 N/A
9 Moorestown (N.J.) 0-0 N/A
10 Manhasset (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
11 Ridgewood (N.J.) 0-0 N/A
12 Mount Sinai (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
13 Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
14 Bishop Ireton (Va.) 0-0 N/A
15 Georgetown Visitation (D.C.) 0-0 N/A
16 Sacred Heart (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
17 Severna Park (Md.) 0-0 N/A
18 Baldwinsville (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
19 Northport (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
20 St. Pauls' SG (Md.) 0-0 N/A
21 American Heritage-Delray (Fla.) 0-0 N/A
22 Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
23 Fayetteville-Manlius (N.Y.) 0-0 N/A
24 Archbishop Spalding (Md.) 0-0 N/A
25 Notre Dame Prep (Md.) 0-0 N/A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC at 7 is way too high and Sacred Heart at 16 is ridiculous. Northport and St. Paul’s deserve to be higher. Love that BBP is that low, parents are probably freaking out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport should move up. Mount s and sacred heart should not even be in the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

This will change dramatically two weeks into games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

This will change dramatically two weeks into games.

top 3 will stay the same. the rest will change week to week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

Big differnce in the UA/Inside Lacrosse Preseason top 24

1. McDonogh (Md.)
2. Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.)
3. American Heritage-Delray (Fla.)
4. Darien (Conn.)
5. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
6. Manhasset (N.Y.)
7. Lake Highland Prep (Fla.)
8. St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.)
9. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
10. Episcopal Academy (Pa.)
11. Moorestown (N.J.)
12. Northport (N.Y.)
13. St. Paul's (Md.)
14. Bishop Ireton (Va.)
15. Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.)
16. Milton (Ga.)
17. Cold Spring Harbor (N.Y.)
18. Archbishop Spalding (Md.)
19. Mount Sinai (N.Y.)
20. Georgetown Visitation (D.C.)
21. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22. Severna Park (Md.)
23. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
24. Ridgewood (N.J.)
25. Greenwich Academy (Conn.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

1. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Darien (Conn.)
5. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
6. Manhasset (N.Y.)
9. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
11. Moorestown (N.J.)
12. Northport (N.Y.)
13. St. Paul's (Md.)
14. Bishop Ireton (Va.)
16. Milton (Ga.)
19. Mount Sinai (N.Y.)
21. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22. Severna Park (Md.)
23. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
24. Ridgewood (N.J.)

The UA rankings seem much more tuned in. The US Lacrosse Rankings are a bit confusing in terms of certain teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

1. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Darien (Conn.)
5. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
6. Manhasset (N.Y.)
9. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
11. Moorestown (N.J.)
12. Northport (N.Y.)
13. St. Paul's (Md.)
14. Bishop Ireton (Va.)
16. Milton (Ga.)
19. Mount Sinai (N.Y.)
21. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22. Severna Park (Md.)
23. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
24. Ridgewood (N.J.)

The UA rankings seem much more tuned in. The US Lacrosse Rankings are a bit confusing in terms of certain teams.

US Lacrosse rankings are way off...they always are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NATIONAL TOP 25

PRESEASON
W/L
PREV
1 McDonogh (Md.) 0-0 N/A
3 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 N/A

1. McDonogh (Md.)
4. Darien (Conn.)
5. Oak Knoll (N.J.)
6. Manhasset (N.Y.)
9. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
11. Moorestown (N.J.)
12. Northport (N.Y.)
13. St. Paul's (Md.)
14. Bishop Ireton (Va.)
16. Milton (Ga.)
19. Mount Sinai (N.Y.)
21. Agnes Irwin (Pa.)
22. Severna Park (Md.)
23. Baldwinsville (N.Y.)
24. Ridgewood (N.J.)

Both will change dramatically two weeks into games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH at 4 is way off. Most of top talent graduated last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony’s is stacked and very very deep. It would be nice to see them play some of the Maryland privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA has 1 stud and some very good players. Easy with the stacked comments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not freaking out at BBP at the UA/Inside Lacrosse rankings are basically spot on as the season is about to begin. Now it is to be figured out on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is There any way to find out the IAAM rosters? Some schools have them posted- and some don’t. Of many schools do the ancillary websites like MaxPreps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is There any way to find out the IAAM rosters? Some schools have them posted- and some don’t. Of many schools do the ancillary websites like MaxPreps.

Lot of schools have them on their websites. Some are on MaxPreps. Question is why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why NOT care?
I just want to know if we are going to see the girls we’ve played with in club over the years.
See if all of that investment is paying off!😀

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why NOT care?
I just want to know if we are going to see the girls we’ve played with in club over the years.

My point was I'm pretty sure if you want to know if girls your daughter plays club with made Varsity your daughter would know. All the baltimore girls know each other. McD, Spalding, RPCS, Maryvale, JC, Severn i think all usually have their rosters on their websites. SPSG's roster is usually on MaxPreps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is more to the investment in these IAAM schools besides lacrosse. Getting a quality education is more important to most parents I would believe. I don't know of many people who make a stellar living just from lacrosse.

And I would bet money that most JV teams in the IAAM "A" Division could beat most Varsity public school teams. Many of these schools have 3 teams in their program and still have to make substantial cuts during tryout time. They build their programs from middle school years onward. Most girls don't even make Varsity until Junior year because there are top girls in the Junior and Senior classes ahead of them. There isn't room for them until their Junior year. The competition in the IAAM is stellar for sure.

Why NOT care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would lose that bet -the top publics play the IAAM varsity teams regularly and win about 50% of the time. Don't be mad that you have wasted your money on a prep school when you could have just paid for college and let the kid grow up normally.
There is more to the investment in these IAAM schools besides lacrosse. Getting a quality education is more important to most parents I would believe. I don't know of many people who make a stellar living just from lacrosse.

And I would bet money that most JV teams in the IAAM "A" Division could beat most Varsity public school teams. Many of these schools have 3 teams in their program and still have to make substantial cuts during tryout time. They build their programs from middle school years onward. Most girls don't even make Varsity until Junior year because there are top girls in the Junior and Senior classes ahead of them. There isn't room for them until their Junior year. The competition in the IAAM is stellar for sure.

Why NOT care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why NOT care?

My guess is that your little Suzzie made the varsity team, and now you want to base that achievement against her fellow piers. Perhaps you should just ask them and stop trolling to puff your chest out. Different teams have different needs. Judge that what she does on the field (if she gets on the field) and not by whispering about others. But hey, congrats to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To answer your question instead of acting like you are a psycho for wanting to know something 90% of the ones calling you a psycho have looked up themselves-

McDonogh has theirs posted on their site.
SPSG does not have theirs posted.
NDP does not have theirs posted.
Glenelg Country has theirs posted
Spalding has theirs posted
Maryvale has theirs posted
RPCS has theirs posted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To answer your question instead of acting like you are a psycho for wanting to know something 90% of the ones calling you a psycho have looked up themselves-

RPCS has theirs posted

SPSG has theirs on MaxPreps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RPCS has theirs posted

GCS is not accurate as they are still holding tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would lose that bet -the top publics play the IAAM varsity teams regularly and win about 50% of the time. Don't be mad that you have wasted your money on a prep school when you could have just paid for college and let the kid grow up normally.

Why NOT care?

What a ridiculous statement. Just because Glenelg HS and Marriotts Ridge have won some games against IAAM teams in recent years does not come close to being 50%. If 99% of public schools played an IAAM A team they would lose by 10 goals. Not to mention that when the publics play the privates the public school girls are way more into the game than the private school girls. Severna Park goes 25-1 every year but get smoked in scrimmages against IAAM teams. Century, one of the top publics, lost to Maryvale last year who is a bottom IAAM team. There is no comparison for the most part. Name me a public school that has beaten a top private in the last 5 years other than Glenelg and MR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was referring to MR and Glenelg but for years SP beat Spalding Severn and St Mary's in the holiday torurneys but stopped playing them so it is really tough to make assumptions. BTW -scrimmages are for underclassmen so that theory is BS. I think SP is ranked 9th in country this year above most IAAM teams -oops.

Why NOT care?

What a ridiculous statement. Just because Glenelg HS and Marriotts Ridge have won some games against IAAM teams in recent years does not come close to being 50%. If 99% of public schools played an IAAM A team they would lose by 10 goals. Not to mention that when the publics play the privates the public school girls are way more into the game than the private school girls. Severna Park goes 25-1 every year but get smoked in scrimmages against IAAM teams. Century, one of the top publics, lost to Maryvale last year who is a bottom IAAM team. There is no comparison for the most part. Name me a public school that has beaten a top private in the last 5 years other than Glenelg and MR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was referring to MR and Glenelg but for years SP beat Spalding Severn and St Mary's in the holiday torurneys but stopped playing them so it is really tough to make assumptions. BTW -scrimmages are for underclassmen so that theory is BS. I think SP is ranked 9th in country this year above most IAAM teams -oops.

Why NOT care?

Severna Park has no business being ranked ahead of most IAAM teams. They never play any top IAAM teams in regular season. They don't again this year. So you admit that you were talking about MR and Glenelg yet make the comment that public schools can win 50% of their games against IAAM teams and tell people they are wasting their money by sending their kids to private schools. First off, most of us don't just send out children to private school for athletics but whatever. Your point is absurd in terms of lacrosse regardless. Even if you want to include SP in the conversation, though they haven't beaten a top level IAAM team in years and years, you have named 3 of the 100s of public high schools that play lacrosse in Maryland. Not quite 50%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who looked good at McDonough play day? McDonough still the best, the rest follow?

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 114 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard