BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 69 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

weak answer. They been loosly part of express for 4 years, why is it taking so long to get a uniform the same color as the club you are SUPPOSEDLY with. I guess the turtle coach doesn't know anyone who makes lacrosse uniforms, oh well.

This isn't the first time that express teams wore different stuff. In alot the age groups in past years the A teams wore different helmets to stand apart from the other teams like solid orange helmets for example. Also aren't the terps uniforms different from the other express teams?

Why are people upset that the Turtles are part of the express organization? It's just the way it is.

Formalizing the relationship with the Express will add some presige to the Express program in this age group. The Express wants to set itself up for another U15 championshp this year and next and know that the Turtles are the only ones that can pull it off. Terps are now the B team and will most likely not be going to the U15 tourney Summer of 2014. Some of the parents on this team should shop the best players on this team as a complete package to one of the other programs that needs a good team in this age bracket and wants to compete at the U15 tourney.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A package of cry baby parents. You lost with Pat and now MC. Maybe you can merge with the Jesters.9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

weak answer. They been loosly part of express for 4 years, why is it taking so long to get a uniform the same color as the club you are SUPPOSEDLY with. I guess the turtle coach doesn't know anyone who makes lacrosse uniforms, oh well.

This isn't the first time that express teams wore different stuff. In alot the age groups in past years the A teams wore different helmets to stand apart from the other teams like solid orange helmets for example. Also aren't the terps uniforms different from the other express teams?

Why are people upset that the Turtles are part of the express organization? It's just the way it is.

yes, several teams in express have different uniforms Terps to your point. BUT, still in the express color scheme! I think the person makes a valid point about turtles having different colors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, several teams in express have different uniforms Terps to your point. BUT, still in the express color scheme! I think the person makes a valid point about turtles having different colors.

Who care what colors they wear? It seems the only people that have a problem with the Turtles being considered Express are the other 2017 Express parents. As an outsider the Turtles are the Express A team. Sorry, the other teams are B, C, D, Etc. (no matter how much the Terps parents boast, cry, complain or point fingers)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the standings for boys 2017 spring teams

1: Checkmate Sharks
2: Vipers Lacrosee
3: Freeport PAL
4: Topside Shooters
5: Jesters
6: Hempstead PAL
7: RVC Futures
8: Midshipmen Lacrosse
9: 91 navy
10: Express Terps

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A package of cry baby parents. You lost with Pat and now MC. Maybe you can merge with the Jesters.9

Pat? This is a different team (which means bunch of different players that were on 2017 Orange last year), do your homework dummy. Our kids have already won several tournaments already and beat several strong teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who care what colors they wear? It seems the only people that have a problem with the Turtles being considered Express are the other 2017 Express parents. As an outsider the Turtles are the Express A team. Sorry, the other teams are B, C, D, Etc. (no matter how much the Terps parents boast, cry, complain or point fingers)

If you took the time to READ previous post in the thread instead of insulting the players on terps black and terps you would see the topic came up of turtles not being a real express team. Than someone posted a good point of why do they where different colors for years. No one was complaint tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you took the time to READ previous post in the thread instead of insulting the players on terps black and terps you would see the topic came up of turtles not being a real express team. Than someone posted a good point of why do they where different colors for years. No one was complaint tough guy.

Definitely READ the previous posts in the thread. NEVER insulted any players on the terps black or terps. Did throw in an insult to the parents. The Turtles are part of the Express organization. It is insulting to them for you to say otherwise. & Im not a tough guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pat? This is a different team (which means bunch of different players that were on 2017 Orange last year), do your homework dummy. Our kids have already won several tournaments already and beat several strong teams.

Yes, we know, you keep telling us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles would beat you by 10.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've occasionally heard that the Turtles might be going to the U15 tourney in Florida this year. If true that would be a year ahead of schedule. What's the story? If true, would they have to "play in" or do they automatically qualify because of the [lacrosse]'s championship? I'd love to see this happen. Think they could go deep against a weak 2016 field. Also, any word on whether the Crabs are going to finally show up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've occasionally heard that the Turtles might be going to the U15 tourney in Florida this year. If true that would be a year ahead of schedule. What's the story? If true, would they have to "play in" or do they automatically qualify because of the [lacrosse]'s championship? I'd love to see this happen. Think they could go deep against a weak 2016 field. Also, any word on whether the Crabs are going to finally show up?

Friend of a friend of a friend who does not have a dog in this fight heard from a friend on a different team of a friend who does have a dog in this fight told him that the turtles are booked for the U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terps black is the B Team turtles are the A Team in that age group lets clarify that

Ill reply to your incorrect yet stupid random statement in your silly post, when the turtles wear a express helmet, colors and uniform we will say they are part of the express. Until than, Terps Black is the A team in 2017 express. Do I feel that the Turtles are better than Terps Black? Yes I do.

Don't ask Why ask Who as in Who really cares, Turtles are part of the Express but Who cares.
The Turtles are part of the Long Island Express program! They are even listed on the website under the tournaments for which ones they will attend and what hotel they are booked at.

They are the A team in the program followed by the Terps black, Terps, wolverines, phiranas all 2017

Why do they wear a different color combo than ALL the Express teams? Why do they NOT have a Express helmet decal system like 95% of the Express players? Why do they have their OWN website which is a STAND ALONE form the Express teams?
Why Why Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2016 are too old for the Dicks Tourn. They would have to bring their 2017 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2016 are too old for the Dicks Tourn. They would have to bring their 2017 team.

The question was regarding the Crabs showing up at the U15 tourney, not [lacrosse]'s. I would imagine the Crabs 2016 would be eligible. Unless the Crabs 2016 team is full of kids who are 16 year old high school Freshmen now and will be 20 during their Freshman year of college. An issue that has recently come up on the laxpower forum highlighting a 16 year old "Freshman" recruit to UVA from MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was regarding the Crabs showing up at the U15 tourney, not [lacrosse]'s. I would imagine the Crabs 2016 would be eligible. Unless the Crabs 2016 team is full of kids who are 16 year old high school Freshmen now and will be 20 during their Freshman year of college. An issue that has recently come up on the laxpower forum highlighting a 16 year old "Freshman" recruit to UVA from MD.

They would not be eligible ... perfect example of how it's handled ..not the crabs but still the same...you considered Duke, Harvard and Princeton.... so lets hold him back in 9th grade so he can drive to school and drink as a freshman in college... I guess they have the money there to support their kids until they are 25 and graduate college.

Recruiting notes: Mass. freshman [lacrosse] orally commits to Hoyas

Freshman defenseman Tim [lacrosse] of The Rivers School in Weston, Mass., has orally committed to Georgetown, joining a handful of players in the Class of 2016 who have have made college commitments before beginning high school competition.

[lacrosse] played with the Fighting Clams' 2015 AA squad before beginning a repeat freshman year at Rivers, where he was also a starter in football last season. An All-Star at Baltimore Summer Kickoff and Hotbeds, [lacrosse] has attended Yale Bulldog Bash, UMass Midsummer's Classic, Philly Showcase and Harvard Crimson Fall Classic. He also considered Duke, North Carolina, Princeton and Harvard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play in? The Big $ Daddy Turtle will pull that string also. That 2016 field will eat up the turtles. Not much light at the end of that tunnel in Fla come the summer, enjoy the hype now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Formalizing the relationship with the Express will add some presige to the Express program in this age group. The Express wants to set itself up for another U15 championshp this year and next and know that the Turtles are the only ones that can pull it off. Terps are now the B team and will most likely not be going to the U15 tourney Summer of 2014. Some of the parents on this team should shop the best players on this team as a complete package to one of the other programs that needs a good team in this age bracket and wants to compete at the U15 tourney.

Turtles vs top u15 or 2016 teams what a joke. Lehigh Laxfest, Turtles got beat by Team Victor (2016) team and this past Fall at Maverick tournament on LI lost to a Westchester based 2016 team. What makes anyone think this excellent 2017 team can beat ANY elite 2016 team? Not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes , they are a team full of 16 yr old freshmen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW. What a shocking revelation about MD lax teams... Of course the crabs won't show up. If they actually had to put kids in a tourney based on age they would get killed against the best teams. See 91 xtreme website, they played a crabs team that was supposed to be 2018, not. They blew them out 8-2 anyway. No I'm not a 91 parent. Just a long time LI lax parent. These MD teams have been playing down for years. This article on lax power finally proves it... A 16 yo HS freshman, please. Two years older than every LI 2016. I bet if half the current 16 yo HS jr's from LI were playing against 14 yo kids they'd look like a superstars too... Can anyone post the link to that article? Thx.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain to me why the people on this board hate the turtles so much? They are a great LONG ISLAND based team which is a good thing!

I can understand hating the great pro teams but not a team of boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain to me why the people on this board hate the turtles so much? They are a great LONG ISLAND based team which is a good thing!

Ever play king of the hill?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever play king of the hill?

or inferiority complex?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems that most of the hate for the turtles comes from the parent of the other 4 express 2017 teams. Most likely because there kids aren't good enough to be asked to be on the organizations A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its only human nature to hate something you can never have get over it and have your son work harder and maybe someday he to can be a turtle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ill bet only 1 or 2 kids from turtles wind up
Doing anything after their turtle career is
Over. Enjoy it now as a 14 yr old, I've seen them
Play and it's not happening on the college
Level. Sorry turtle parents at least you can say
They were the best 8th grade team ever!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems that most of the hate for the turtles comes from the parent of the other 4 express 2017 teams. Most likely because there kids aren't good enough to be asked to be on the organizations A team.

I can see your point. Kinda tough to capsulate all the 2017 non turtle express players in the way you did. I actually heard a few kids from other 2017 express teams have either played for the turtles or have decline playing for them? Thats what I heard from a few different people outside of express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW. What a shocking revelation about MD lax teams... Of course the crabs won't show up. If they actually had to put kids in a tourney based on age they would get killed against the best teams. See 91 xtreme website, they played a crabs team that was supposed to be 2018, not. They blew them out 8-2 anyway. No I'm not a 91 parent. Just a long time LI lax parent. These MD teams have been playing down for years. This article on lax power finally proves it... A 16 yo HS freshman, please. Two years older than every LI 2016. I bet if half the current 16 yo HS jr's from LI were playing against 14 yo kids they'd look like a superstars too... Can anyone post the link to that article? Thx.

My oldest son is beyond this now so he doesn't have to deal with this crap anymore. But for years we watched and marvelled at how much bigger the MD boys always seemed to be. And for years I would get the same stock answer (like it was maybe rehearsed?)from all of the MD parents I'd ask about age - they would always dance around it and say they were all in 8th or 9th grade and that they were not aware of anyone born in a particular year (ie. 93 or 94 etc.). You could tell how uncomfortable they were talking about age and that they'd rather pull their own tooth (yes, punn intended)out than talk about age. But we always had our strong suspicions, we just could never find any way to prove it. Here's the article. FINALLY BUSTED!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e2-9c03-6952ff305f35_story.html?hpid=z14

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My oldest son is beyond this now so he doesn't have to deal with this crap anymore. But for years we watched and marvelled at how much bigger the MD boys always seemed to be. And for years I would get the same stock answer (like it was maybe rehearsed?)from all of the MD parents I'd ask about age - they would always dance around it and say they were all in 8th or 9th grade and that they were not aware of anyone born in a particular year (ie. 93 or 94 etc.). You could tell how uncomfortable they were talking about age and that they'd rather pull their own tooth (yes, punn intended)out than talk about age. But we always had our strong suspicions, we just could never find any way to prove it. Here's the article. FINALLY BUSTED!

Excellent article covering many different points and recommended reading for all BOTC visitors (although we are not sure about what was "busted" in the article's text). Some of the key sections of the article are these:
  • Fully-funded Division I teams — there are currently 63 squads at the top level, with four more set to debut next spring [Furman, Boston University, Richmond and Monmouth] — divide 12.6 scholarships over a roster of about 40 players, and full rides to play the sport at the next level are almost unheard of.
  • By the time college coaches can call players or speak with them off campus — July 1 before a recruit’s senior year of high school — most recruiting classes have already filled up.
  • “If you don’t [reach out early], those players and their families will think that you’re not interested while maybe some of the guys that you’re competing against are,” Maryland Coach John Tillman added.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Excellent article covering many different points and recommended reading for all BOTC visitors (although we are not sure about what was "busted" in the article's text). Some of the key sections of the article are these:
  • Fully-funded Division I teams — there are currently 63 squads at the top level, with four more set to debut next spring [Furman, Boston University, Richmond and Monmouth] — divide 12.6 scholarships over a roster of about 40 players, and full rides to play the sport at the next level are almost unheard of.
  • By the time college coaches can call players or speak with them off campus — July 1 before a recruit’s senior year of high school — most recruiting classes have already filled up.
  • “If you don’t [reach out early], those players and their families will think that you’re not interested while maybe some of the guys that you’re competing against are,” Maryland Coach John Tillman added.

So, most likely this boy will finish his undergraduate studies (if he doesn't do 5 years like some are doing - redshirting etc.) at the age of 24 or possibley 25. Wow, thats potentially a lot of lost income and time building a real career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the "busted" part is that, according to the article, this MD-area phenom is a 16 year old freshman (with a graduation year of 2016).

According to another article, this particular player "plays club for the 2016 Greene Turtle Lacrosse Club (D.C.). This fall, Greene Turtle D.C. competed in UPLax and the Greene Turtle Fall Invitational." Here is the link: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20..._1_forry-smith-commitments-john-mcdonald

A tad old for 2016, no? Wonder what the age/grade restrictions were for those two tournaments -- and all the others in the past several years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

I think "BUSTED" means they mentioned in harmless fashion in the article that the freshman is 16 years old. Im pretty sure the average Jr. is 16 years old!! Crazy, how could you be proud of your kids accomplishments on the field when he's going up against kids two years younger? My son is age appropriate, I guess Im a sucker. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ill bet 11 or 12 kids from turtles wind up
in div I after their turtle career is
Play and it's happening on the college
Level. Turtle parents you can say
They are the best 8th grade team ever!!

About time someone gave them some credit..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ill bet 11 or 12 kids from turtles wind up
in div I after their turtle career is
Play and it's happening on the college
Level. Turtle parents you can say
They are the best 8th grade team ever!!

About time someone gave them some credit..

Lol, agreed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious - seriously, not trying to stir anything. Have the turtles ever played the 2017 crabs? If so, what was the outcome? If not, would like to see that happen at some point. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad part is you turtle parents actually
Believe it. Not happening though, sorry.
But your right you can hang your hat on
Being the best 8th gr team. Yeahhhhh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious - seriously, not trying to stir anything. Have the turtles ever played the 2017 crabs? If so, what was the outcome? If not, would like to see that happen at some point. Thanks.

Beat them at Young Guns in MD last year 11-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell the truth, completly different 2017 Crabs team this year. "U15 Crabs". Legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell the truth, completly different 2017 Crabs team this year. "U15 Crabs". Legit.

Truth was told. Read the question again, then read the answer AGAIN, lather, rinse, repeat.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 69 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard