BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 146 of 213 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yuck. Lacrosse parents are truly the biggest losers around. This travel lacrosse thing may be a one (year) and done. How do you stand yourselves? Gross.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yuck. Lacrosse parents are truly the biggest losers around. This travel lacrosse thing may be a one (year) and done. How do you stand yourselves? Gross.

You are correct. Although Lacrosse can provide more opportunity than any other sport for girls and young women, the environment that has been created is toxic. Jealousy, bitterness and detest seem to be the prevailing sentiments of many of the parents associated with this sport. All of my children (boy and girls) play / played multiple sports and nothing compares to girls lacrosse (not even boys lacrosse).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Bert will figure out a way to out coach BBP ... again."

LOL, he has you fooled too?

Will he pull the goalie and leave the net empty again like last year's championship game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Bert will figure out a way to out coach BBP ... again."

Will he pull the goalie and leave the net empty again like last year's championship game?

Nobody is accusing Bert of being smart and BBP did shut them out last year. And Mt Sinai had how many UA girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Bert will figure out a way to out coach BBP ... again."

Nobody is accusing Bert of being smart and BBP did shut them out last year. And Mt Sinai had how many UA girls?

There are only about 10 very good high school coaches on Long Island and you are talking about two of them. Both will field competitive teams again this year. I don't believe Mt Sinai had any UA Girls last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

No Under Armour All-American "Seniors"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

No Under Armour All-American "Seniors"

But Under Armour All-American's on the roster. A couple on the Command team and a couple on the Highlight team yet still got shut out by BBP. Bert keeps over hyping his players the results on the field don't lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 Worth it? or is it just another one of those money makers....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It lost its luster starting a couple of years ago. If you really want bang for your $$$ attend the prospect days or clinics of the schools your daughter may have interest in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what I’m wondering because we didn't get an invite!😀
We are only 23s and don’t have a real film yet- I pulled something together at the last minute.
Of course I know that we are good enough to be there but upon examining last years rosters, and looking at some of the other “exclusive” camps from last summer-it seems to be a money grab. A light bulb went off when they did the US Lacrosse U15 last summer and half the girls that made it through the $$$ tryouts were from west of the Mississippi.
I’m just letting my daughter play her first year of high school to see where she stands.

Is there a tournament based on individual skills anywhere? That’s the million dollar question...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Predicted McD pre season number one HS girls lax, US lacrosse. Many others a surprise? Any dark horses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It lost its luster starting a couple of years ago. If you really want bang for your $$$ attend the prospect days or clinics of the schools your daughter may have interest in.

I agree. It's a complete money grab. We attended last year and it was a complete waste of money and time. . Hardly any coaches were there and some of the girls that attended were definitely not top 150 in their class. I know of better players who weren't offered an invitation. This is run by CR and there is definitely major politics involved. College coaches see through this and probably the reason why not many attend anymore. Your money is better spent attending clinics/camps at the specific schools your daughter is interested in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. It's a complete money grab. We attended last year and it was a complete waste of money and time. . Hardly any coaches were there and some of the girls that attended were definitely not top 150 in their class. I know of better players who weren't offered an invitation. This is run by CR and there is definitely major politics involved. College coaches see through this and probably the reason why not many attend anymore. Your money is better spent attending clinics/camps at the specific schools your daughter is interested in.

Agree 100% ....check the list of schools that are in attendance Not a lot. You are totally better off doing clinics or camps your kid is interested in. waste of money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you notice very few M&D Black girls attend which should say something considering it's run by CR. Stopped being useful when the recruiting calendar changed. When it was held in the winter it was very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Predicted McD pre season number one HS girls lax, US lacrosse. Many others a surprise? Any dark horses?

McDonogh isn't even going to win their own league this year, let alone the best team in the country. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose their first game to American Heritage. I know it was indoor but my daughter's team played them at Spooky Nook and they didn't impress me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are only 23s and don’t have a real film yet- I pulled something together at the last minute.
Of course I know that we are good enough to be there but upon examining last years rosters, and looking at some of the other “exclusive” camps from last summer-it seems to be a money grab. A light bulb went off when they did the US Lacrosse U15 last summer and half the girls that made it through the $$$ tryouts were from west of the Mississippi.
I’m just letting my daughter play her first year of high school to see where she stands.

Is there a tournament based on individual skills anywhere? That’s the million dollar question...

...its another one of those money grabs that make kids apply....there was no real tryout...stick to events that are geared towards making sure your kid is seen....not worth it at all...look at the previous years rosters ...

smart! Look at the previous years rosters and you know...its a total money grab..look for clinics and camps at schools ..this is BS. You will not be recruited here...especially 2023's they won't be looked at at all...waste of a lot of money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were talking about the complaining to the administration regarding a certain superstar on team, and someone pointed out it was
BBP. Loaded at every position is hysterical and they have been saying they will win states forever.

First off no one said it was BBP with the terrible chemistry, clearly talking about Riverhead , team has been a mess forever.
BBP will win states easy this year , C division is weak upstate and it is a down year for the usual C division top schools ie Sinai, CSH. As far as BBP being loaded at every position not really but they are certainly above average at every position. They have several very good players but no top players in my opinion and that can make for a very good team. Teams that rely too much on 1 or 2 players run into trouble when playing other top teams.

Could be bbp. Sounds vaguely familiar.... anyways... go away bbp. All you guys are good at is working the system to get kids placed high on the " Rankings" list.
No question. Did you see the list of "Top Players" in Suffolk County. Yes, all very good players, but come on. Some of these kids benefit from school districts with good programs. There are plenty of kids that don't get looked at because of the district they play on and the fact that their coach doesn't push for their kids. I can think of a couple of kids that play on the same travel program as these BBP kids, and are better, but are overlooked on this list. However they carry their own HS teams and don't get the recognition. I'd love to see what some of these kids would do if they had no one to play with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you notice very few M&D Black girls attend which should say something considering it's run by CR. Stopped being useful when the recruiting calendar changed. When it was held in the winter it was very good.

Was every kid that wasn't asked waitlisted? Seems that everyone I asked was waitlisted ....some are really good players? Not sure what the criteria was? Doesn't seem right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was every kid that wasn't asked waitlisted? Seems that everyone I asked was waitlisted ....some are really good players? Not sure what the criteria was? Doesn't seem right?

From the girls I've heard that were sent invitations and the ones who were "waitlisted"'something seems very fishy. Either their coaches weren't truthful when scoring their girls in order to make their programs look good or there are some serious politics involved. The fact that so many applied makes some of the selections even more suspect. . Either way it totally discredits the event and the college coaches should be asking for refunds. Not a true representation of the top players. Everyone's time is better spent elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that only 14 of the 60 that tried out were able to pass the fitness test (Man U)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the girls I've heard that were sent invitations and the ones who were "waitlisted"'something seems very fishy. Either their coaches weren't truthful when scoring their girls in order to make their programs look good or there are some serious politics involved. The fact that so many applied makes some of the selections even more suspect. . Either way it totally discredits the event and the college coaches should be asking for refunds. Not a true representation of the top players. Everyone's time is better spent elsewhere.

This is my take on this. My oldest went last year and my youngest will go this year. It isn't the UA but if you want to get in a good judge on how your daughter stacks up to above average players than it is good. It's better than most of these camps that are a complete waste of time that are full of girls that don't have a chance to play div 1 or college lacrosse. If you think your going to get recruited off of going to UA 150 than it is probably not for you. Want to get a couple days of playing against some good talent than it is worthwhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 2 M&D Blk girls on EACH team at the UA 150 last year (22's)...not sure what you are looking at

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2022 was selected for UA150 & also participated last year. Sadly these comments aren't too surprising as lax parents are often salty when their child isn't the "chosen" one. The number of participants has increased substantially because players are talking about what an amazing experience it is. Its amusing but expected to hear folks call it a money grab. It is free to apply & if you're lucky enough to be selected you then pay entry fee which IMO is worth every cent. Although the swag bag is worth the entry fee alone (including a new stick) that is secondary to the exposure girls get to coaches as well as meeting/competing against talented peers from across the country. It speaks volumes of a player's ability when she is able to adapt quickly (or not) to unfamiliar players & coaching styles. The 2019 roster is public & its refreshing to see multiple club teams mentioned not just the familiar power house. Your comment about few M&D players is misleading there are quite a few although, for whatever reason, too many of you see them as the litmus test. In addition, the 2020 coaches is public and many are highly competitive programs and respected academic institutions. Sour grapes to frown upon 2019 attendees as not quality. To suggest the younger girls don't get "noticed" is inaccurate and obnoxious. My 2022 had a handful of coaches from UA150 seek her out this year at President's Cup as a result of her participation over the summer. Moreover, players get a chance to work with coaches intimately in a fast paced environment because they coaching staff changes throughout the two days. Personally, I believe coaches get a unique perspective to evaluate players when they are out of their comfort zone and have to make quick decisions when under pressure w/o the benefit of knowing teammates for years. My daughter is not "connected", neither my husband nor myself have played lacrosse much less coach and she doesn't play for M&D. She is an excellent athlete with a positive attitude and coachable so I assure you she earned roster spot. Please stop poisoning the well just because your daughter wasn't selected you're nothing but a disgruntled malcontent with a fragile ego. Congratulations to the 2022/23 players that were selected its a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2022 was selected for UA150 & also participated last year. Sadly these comments aren't too surprising as lax parents are often salty when their child isn't the "chosen" one. The number of participants has increased substantially because players are talking about what an amazing experience it is. Its amusing but expected to hear folks call it a money grab. It is free to apply & if you're lucky enough to be selected you then pay entry fee which IMO is worth every cent. Although the swag bag is worth the entry fee alone (including a new stick) that is secondary to the exposure girls get to coaches as well as meeting/competing against talented peers from across the country. It speaks volumes of a player's ability when she is able to adapt quickly (or not) to unfamiliar players & coaching styles. The 2019 roster is public & its refreshing to see multiple club teams mentioned not just the familiar power house. Your comment about few M&D players is misleading there are quite a few although, for whatever reason, too many of you see them as the litmus test. In addition, the 2020 coaches is public and many are highly competitive programs and respected academic institutions. Sour grapes to frown upon 2019 attendees as not quality. To suggest the younger girls don't get "noticed" is inaccurate and obnoxious. My 2022 had a handful of coaches from UA150 seek her out this year at President's Cup as a result of her participation over the summer. Moreover, players get a chance to work with coaches intimately in a fast paced environment because they coaching staff changes throughout the two days. Personally, I believe coaches get a unique perspective to evaluate players when they are out of their comfort zone and have to make quick decisions when under pressure w/o the benefit of knowing teammates for years. My daughter is not "connected", neither my husband nor myself have played lacrosse much less coach and she doesn't play for M&D. She is an excellent athlete with a positive attitude and coachable so I assure you she earned roster spot. Please stop poisoning the well just because your daughter wasn't selected you're nothing but a disgruntled malcontent with a fragile ego. Congratulations to the 2022/23 players that were selected its a great experience.

Money grab. They all are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad you had a good experience, but it is a money grab. The price is ridiculously high for playing some games in front of mostly 2nd/3rd tier D1 and D2/D3 coaches. Much better off spending that money going to multiple camps at schools your daughter is interested in. No sour grapes here. My daughter is a 2021 and played in UA150 after 8th grade. Wasn't worth the money then and still isn't. There are several 2021 girls that made the UA150 all star team after 9th grade that aren't even committed. That should tell you something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who you are specifically responding to but as someone who did give my feedback, let me respond. Someone originally asked about the value of attending the UA150 and I responded not only as a parent of a 2021 player who participated both last year and the year prior but also as a club coach for a well respected Baltimore area club (not M&D) for the past 10 years.

First of all, as a parent I didn't think it was worth it. We participated both years because my daughter wanted to - plain and simple. I don't see the value for the high price of admittance. Sure it was a fun experience but if you are looking at choices for recruiting events, your money is better spent at prospect days and clinics at the individual schools your daughter is interested in. Sure the application is free but you still have to pay to participate. And for the two days worth, it is a high price compared to college's week long camps or the UA All American Underclass Tournament (which my daughter has also participated in). There weren't that many coaches in attendance for the cost and the feedback I have received from some college coaches I personally know from my years of coaching is they don't really consider this a true top 150 list. They see it as a marketing title. The selection process is flawed and the college coaches know it. This is an application based event. And part of that application is getting a score from their coaches after the applications are submitted. This is separate from the coach's recommendation within the application. Coaches don't know who else outside of their program is applying and don't always have to be honest in their score/assessment. They can give a score of 5 (which is the highest) when actually the player is really a 3 or 4 compared to others who have applied. The coach will submit a higher score to appease a parent, club director or to make their program look better (with more attendees). It's not a true evaluation of a player compared to her peers on a field by a group of independent coaches who evaluate based on performance. And as far as your comment about seeing how girls adapt to new situations, that would be the same scenario at every camp, clinic, prospect day or showcase they would attend. This wouldn't be any different. If anything, the application process doesn't allow them to use this in their evaluation. Coaches would rather see a player at their school interacting with their entire coaching staff and team to see how they connect on the field and socially with their entire program. The reality is they will be joining an established team/family and not an entire team of new players like you are stating. My daughter has done the Under Armour Tournament and some other multi-coach recruiting events where the same coaches that attend the UA150 also attend and I believe this is a better value for the money. All are money grabs to some degree but the best value and best evaluated program by far is the UA AA Underclass Tournament. These players have been truly vetted for a day or sometimes two by a group of on field mostly independent coaches. These girls than participate in a callback game at the end of the evaluation where they are further evaluated. These are the girls who are truly the top players in their age group. It's harder for politics to play a role through this process. Many more college coaches attend this tournament and are able to watch the girls on the field vs a combine type event. You can have the fastest shot speed but if you don't have field IQ to maneuver around the best defenders and goalies in your age group than you won't be successful.

As a coach for the 2022 age group I have been very surprised to see which girls have been extended invitations and which ones were waitlisted. It doesn't coincide with who I know to be the best players in this age group. The players and coaches will know this to be true once the 2020 list is published. The evaluation process will need to be adjusted moving forward to include checks and balances if this tournament wants to truly be seen as a Top 150.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there really a stick in the swag bag? We’ve done CR tournaments before and there wasn’t anything too swanky, just got to keep the pinnie - I’m mean who wears pinnies walking down the street? Talking about girls here, not boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who you are specifically responding to but as someone who did give my feedback, let me respond. Someone originally asked about the value of attending the UA150 and I responded not only as a parent of a 2021 player who participated both last year and the year prior but also as a club coach for a well respected Baltimore area club (not M&D) for the past 10 years.

First of all, as a parent I didn't think it was worth it. We participated both years because my daughter wanted to - plain and simple. I don't see the value for the high price of admittance. Sure it was a fun experience but if you are looking at choices for recruiting events, your money is better spent at prospect days and clinics at the individual schools your daughter is interested in. Sure the application is free but you still have to pay to participate. And for the two days worth, it is a high price compared to college's week long camps or the UA All American Underclass Tournament (which my daughter has also participated in). There weren't that many coaches in attendance for the cost and the feedback I have received from some college coaches I personally know from my years of coaching is they don't really consider this a true top 150 list. They see it as a marketing title. The selection process is flawed and the college coaches know it. This is an application based event. And part of that application is getting a score from their coaches after the applications are submitted. This is separate from the coach's recommendation within the application. Coaches don't know who else outside of their program is applying and don't always have to be honest in their score/assessment. They can give a score of 5 (which is the highest) when actually the player is really a 3 or 4 compared to others who have applied. The coach will submit a higher score to appease a parent, club director or to make their program look better (with more attendees). It's not a true evaluation of a player compared to her peers on a field by a group of independent coaches who evaluate based on performance. And as far as your comment about seeing how girls adapt to new situations, that would be the same scenario at every camp, clinic, prospect day or showcase they would attend. This wouldn't be any different. If anything, the application process doesn't allow them to use this in their evaluation. Coaches would rather see a player at their school interacting with their entire coaching staff and team to see how they connect on the field and socially with their entire program. The reality is they will be joining an established team/family and not an entire team of new players like you are stating. My daughter has done the Under Armour Tournament and some other multi-coach recruiting events where the same coaches that attend the UA150 also attend and I believe this is a better value for the money. All are money grabs to some degree but the best value and best evaluated program by far is the UA AA Underclass Tournament. These players have been truly vetted for a day or sometimes two by a group of on field mostly independent coaches. These girls than participate in a callback game at the end of the evaluation where they are further evaluated. These are the girls who are truly the top players in their age group. It's harder for politics to play a role through this process. Many more college coaches attend this tournament and are able to watch the girls on the field vs a combine type event. You can have the fastest shot speed but if you don't have field IQ to maneuver around the best defenders and goalies in your age group than you won't be successful.

As a coach for the 2022 age group I have been very surprised to see which girls have been extended invitations and which ones were waitlisted. It doesn't coincide with who I know to be the best players in this age group. The players and coaches will know this to be true once the 2020 list is published. The evaluation process will need to be adjusted moving forward to include checks and balances if this tournament wants to truly be seen as a Top 150.

I am not sure about the Baltimore area but the Long Island UA AA is 100% political. I know many girls who after going their first year eligible never went back. No independent coaches. While of course many chosen are deserving, it is always heavily weighted with one club while many players just as deserving from other clubs are not selected. That is politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you both, two excellent posts.

The one constant in this sport is bitter, disgruntled and delusional parents. When their daughter is not recognized they simply can not take it. I doesn't matter if it is UA 150 (which as you say is not the top 150) UA Underclass, School Girls etc... if their daughter is not selected they are bitter and try do diminish the selection process, the event and the players who were selected.

Always sour grapes. Very ugly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All are money grabs to some degree but the best value and best evaluated program by far is the UA AA Underclass Tournament. These players have been truly vetted for a day or sometimes two by a group of on field mostly independent coaches. These girls than participate in a callback game at the end of the evaluation where they are further evaluated. These are the girls who are truly the top players in their age group. It's harder for politics to play a role through this process. Many more college coaches attend this tournament and are able to watch the girls on the field vs a combine type event. You can have the fastest shot speed but if you don't have field IQ to maneuver around the best defenders and goalies in your age group than you won't be successful.

[/quote]

This seems like a case of, “To each, his own...”. On LI, the UA AA is completely run by 1 club and, if you don’t have that blue and yellow bumper sticker, good luck. The Coach of that club (Ernie’s roommate) actually went up to the table and handed his list of girls to the evaluators last year and guess which team dominated the callbacks and selections? This is the epitome of politics and connections paving the way so 1 club benefits.

The UA 150 requires a Club Coach and a HS Coach recommendation - if your Sophmore doesn’t know her HS Coach, good luck getting picked. This is a much more independent process that allows individual players to showcase their talents, not get carried through a process b/c they are part of a club that their sister played for.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is there really a stick in the swag bag? We’ve done CR tournaments before and there wasn’t anything too swanky, just got to keep the pinnie - I’m mean who wears pinnies walking down the street? Talking about girls here, not boys.

As I recall, last year the girls got a UA stick, running shoes, shorts, pinnie, long sleeve shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All are money grabs to some degree but the best value and best evaluated program by far is the UA AA Underclass Tournament. These players have been truly vetted for a day or sometimes two by a group of on field mostly independent coaches. These girls than participate in a callback game at the end of the evaluation where they are further evaluated. These are the girls who are truly the top players in their age group. It's harder for politics to play a role through this process. Many more college coaches attend this tournament and are able to watch the girls on the field vs a combine type event. You can have the fastest shot speed but if you don't have field IQ to maneuver around the best defenders and goalies in your age group than you won't be successful.

This seems like a case of, “To each, his own...”. On LI, the UA AA is completely run by 1 club and, if you don’t have that blue and yellow bumper sticker, good luck. The Coach of that club (Ernie’s roommate) actually went up to the table and handed his list of girls to the evaluators last year and guess which team dominated the callbacks and selections? This is the epitome of politics and connections paving the way so 1 club benefits.

The UA 150 requires a Club Coach and a HS Coach recommendation - if your Sophmore doesn’t know her HS Coach, good luck getting picked. This is a much more independent process that allows individual players to showcase their talents, not get carried through a process b/c they are part of a club that their sister played for.
[/quote]
the Baltimore UA underclass is very political also. the problem is the same people keep applying to be evaluators each year so they only have so many to choose from. To many club coaches with players trying out or have daughters trying out. It's the perception that it gives off that get so many parents pissed of when their kid doesn't make the team. (I am not one of those. my daughter has been on the team the last 2 years)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

As I recall, last year the girls got a UA stick, running shoes, shorts, pinnie, long sleeve shirt.

Yes, they started supplying a bunch of swag when coaches stopped coming to make it less offensive to charge what they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People on here do t have a clue. Firstly. It is a money grab as too many of theses have emerged leaving parents with no clue which one is legitimate if any. Send your kid to the schools camp that you are interested in period.
Second, this implication that YJ dominates - well the girls on UA from that team are great. You can get on from other clubs to just train with the owners brother and son. It has all become so political that many college coaches know not to give it the credibility it had in the past. Sorry but I had previous evaluators with integrity leave the “evaluations” after being criticized for taking notes and actually trying to do her job - and it was a director from a club - not yj. It’s become about greasin the wheel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was a wrestler. We never had any of this criap where club directors and it is more than just one control the system. I played college basketball in the 89s again no such club influence. Soccer regulates the heck out of birthdates etc. lacrosse lots of bs. The few control the many. It us not just one club director - but only a few directors have too much say either way. Girls who outplay it gets get left off the team. If you even watched the tryouts it is funny when the parents of the “superstars” are getting schooled by motivated talented girls who aren’t from the right town or don’t pay yo train with the club coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Baltimore UA underclass is very political also. the problem is the same people keep applying to be evaluators each year so they only have so many to choose from. To many club coaches with players trying out or have daughters trying out. It's the perception that it gives off that get so many parents pissed of when their kid doesn't make the team. (I am not one of those. my daughter has been on the team the last 2 years)[/quote]

It is true that one club has the most roster spots for LI UA AA, but all the clubs definitely get represented every year. If you have been paying attention over the last decade plus, it is a well balanced representation of the talent, yes I am saying that the one club does have more talent than the rest year in and year out. The same proportions show up in school ball and awards, and certainly the proportions are held in the Who’s who in D1. Are there politics? Unfortunately yes. But I think unrealistic parents screaming “politics” are a much more rampant problem, than actual politics affecting girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at list of coaches for 2020 UA150 its on their website. UPenn. High Point. Penn State. Jacksonville just to name a few. Ridiculous to claim its lower tier D1 but whatever makes you feel better about not being selected. School specific camps/clinics have their purpose but are also stacked w/ players who know each other so easy to be a rockstar. UA150 has significantly less chance of playing w/ girls you know. UA AA is largely politics outside of LI too & you pay to try out which is the money grab. The evaluators are all from same clique of certain clubs and IMO teams are predetermind. Two hour tryouts aren't nearly enough to determine most deserving and my daughter made team but I can't deny she benefited from her association. Good luck to all

Like Reply Quote
Page 146 of 213 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard