BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents, bickering over who has the best 8th grade team is pathetic.

Pathetic yes but for those of us who aren't trying to live through our kids and aren't lunatics it's VERY entertaining!

Entertaining? Entertaining like a train wreck?

So if its "entertaining", "pathetic" and a TRAIN WRECK than why do you and all the others (on your high horses) read opinions and feelings on here? why come to the board?

people come on here to get information regarding lacrosse. Information and opinions are one thing, reading nasty comments, opinions & boasting from adults regarding children is just that...Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it possible to get this week's schedule posted???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not same team as last year lost a few players to gladiators team 91 and true blue

I have a son that plays on a 4th grade team, which is why i am curious. Does TrueBlue have a 4th grade team. A friend told me they won some tournament called the Irish Skirmish, when I looked it up I saw they won a 3rd/4th grade bracket and I didnt recongize any of the competition (no LI teams). I know TrueBlue has a 3rd grade team I assume that is the team that won that tournament as a 4th grade LI Club team wouldnt play in some offbeat 3/4 grade tournament, right? If TrueBlue does have a 4th grade team, has anyone played them or seen them at a game or tournament? I heard they were a good organization but havent heard anything about this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Content Removed>>

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not same team as last year lost a few players to gladiators team 91 and true blue

I have a son that plays on a 4th grade team, which is why i am curious. Does TrueBlue have a 4th grade team. A friend told me they won some tournament called the Irish Skirmish, when I looked it up I saw they won a 3rd/4th grade bracket and I didnt recongize any of the competition (no LI teams). I know TrueBlue has a 3rd grade team I assume that is the team that won that tournament as a 4th grade LI Club team wouldnt play in some offbeat 3/4 grade tournament, right? If TrueBlue does have a 4th grade team, has anyone played them or seen them at a game or tournament? I heard they were a good organization but havent heard anything about this team.

I believe that TB team is a 4th grade team. They won the 3/4 A bracket. Viper 3/4th grade (also a LI team) won the 3/4 B bracket.

I believe a TB team (not sure if they were 7th or 8th grade) lost in the 7/8 A championship. Viper 7/8th grade team lost in the 7/8 B championship.

Overall a good showing for what I think were the only two LI teams at the tourney. Most of the teams were from NJ and PA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The True Blue 4th grade Team is a very good 4th grade Team you should get a game with them and find out for yourself instead of bashing a team you know nothing about and as far as the 8th grade Team goes they lost to Buck Select 5-4 in the finals which a team from outside of Philly very good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team played a 4th grade True Blue team at the Shamrock Shootout. So yes, TB does have a 4th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is again Thursday & still no schedule. Is there anyone who has access to a schedule?

Many of us have more than one kid playing in this league, along with town games, along with our other children's commitments, along with a list of outside commitments. I got it that no preliminary league schedule, but why can't we get one by the beginning of the week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revised schedule is out, call your coach, he has it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with this league.....double headers in March, 30 degree weather, then come April, we play inside, then come May the season is over with another bye. Would love to know what the entrance fee for this league is. IT SUCKS.....I miss the day's of PAL and knowing when my son was playing weeks ahead of time.

Most overated league I have ever been involved in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't a league, its a place for clube teams to get in a few games before the tourn season starts. Teams came enter into the league mid way, ask to play 2 or 3 games or the entire season. Calling it a league is a major overstatement. Its a bunch of guys who have the Town of Oyster Bay wrapped around their fingure to use the field and charge $2000 per teams to play the same team 2 or 3 times in running time games. PAL is what it is but at least it is way more organized

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very surprising that Long Island doesn't have an actual spring outdoor lax league. A league where you know what other teams are in your age group and you get a schedule at least 2 weeks in advance.

It would be a cash cow if a league like this was started and standing were kept on the league website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very surprising that Long Island doesn't have an actual spring outdoor lax league. A league where you know what other teams are in your age group and you get a schedule at least 2 weeks in advance.

It would be a cash cow if a league like this was started and standing were kept on the league website.

The big club owners wont let it happen, plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The PAL is really supposed to be that type of league. If you are in Nassau, that PAL league seems to be run really well. However, if you are unfortunate enough to be in Suffolk, your SOL. The Suffolk PAL lacrosse league is not quite as organized as Nassau, and unfortunately the President is not a very nice person and really has no interset in expanding and improving the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with this league.....double headers in March, 30 degree weather, then come April, we play inside, then come May the season is over with another bye. Would love to know what the entrance fee for this league is. IT SUCKS.....I miss the day's of PAL and knowing when my son was playing weeks ahead of time.

Most overated league I have ever been involved in.

Many people come on here and complain about OBLL, I beleive the real complaint should be with your coach. As a coach of a team in the OBLL I can tell you that the Director of OBLL asked us which dates and times we wanted to play and has accomodated us. Every week the schedule comes on Tuesday or Wednesday and the Director allows the coaches to adjust the schedule before it is finalized. I believe the issue is most likely that your coach requested certain dates, times etc. and that has reuslted in some no-game weeks, some double headers and playing the same teams 2-3 times in order to accomodate your coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The PAL is really supposed to be that type of league. If you are in Nassau, that PAL league seems to be run really well. However, if you are unfortunate enough to be in Suffolk, your SOL. The Suffolk PAL lacrosse league is not quite as organized as Nassau, and unfortunately the President is not a very nice person and really has no interset in expanding and improving the program.

Division 1 in the Nassau PAL provides excellent competition in 5th and 6th grades.
You get 9 games against the "A" teams of towns like Garden City,Manhasset, Massapequa, Cold Spring Harbor, West Islip, 3 Village etc.

Like Reply Quote
P
plillax
Unregistered
plillax
Unregistered
P
funny 3 of the teams you mentioned are suffolk teams.wonder why they play nassau pal?could it be true that the president is not nice and has no reason to grow a learning program for all the boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by plillax
funny 3 of the teams you mentioned are suffolk teams.wonder why they play nassau pal?could it be true that the president is not nice and has no reason to grow a learning program for all the boys

You can add Northport and S.W.R. to the list of good Suffolk programs that are in Nassau PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why cant we have the scheduled posted somewhere after it has been confirmed....whether it is here or on the oyster bay lacroose league website??????? it doesnt make any sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why cant we have the scheduled posted somewhere after it has been confirmed....whether it is here or on the oyster bay lacroose league website??????? it doesnt make any sense

Up until last year the schedule used to be posted on the OBLL website around wednesday night and you were told to check again late friday night for revisions. That was better than how they handle it now. Don't know why it stopped for sure. But I've heard it's because people don't re-check and then if there game was changed they go to the wrong place at the wrong time. Then they cry...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by plillax

You can add Northport and S.W.R. to the list of good Suffolk programs that are in Nassau PAL.

We play in Suffolk PAL, Much better competition in Nassau...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with the positive comments about the OBLL. This is our first time playing in it and we were asked whether we wanted double headers, which dates we wanted to play, what times were more convenient for us. Every request has been accomodated, including match ups. I am fine playing the same teams 2x, as long as they are close games. This league is all about getting 10 games in before the tournament season starts. The problem is with your coach or organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up until last year the schedule used to be posted on the OBLL website around wednesday night and you were told to check again late friday night for revisions. That was better than how they handle it now. Don't know why it stopped for sure. But I've heard it's because people don't re-check and then if there game was changed they go to the wrong place at the wrong time. Then they cry... [/quote]

you need a beach towel for the amount of crying that goes on on this thread!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should post it then expect a call from the coach if there is a last minute change...it was great that someone posted it here last week!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the league over for the 2013 season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team played a 4th grade True Blue team at the Shamrock Shootout. So yes, TB does have a 4th grade team.

TB 4th grade didn't have a great showing at the Shamrock - i was there and two for their losses where blow outs. The skirmish tourn was mostly made up of B level or town clubs in the travel bracket, this same team went and won a few games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OBLL league is not over. This week's schedule just went out, call your coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like MC is having alot of trouble this year getting fields for the league. In years past Field of dreams and Burns would have OBLL games all day on saturday and sunday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for posting this week's schedule!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule has changed. It's posted on the 91 website.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Minor corrections impacting some Team 91 teams.

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please post this weekend's schedule when it is released...Thanks!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nothing yet?????????

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update, I will start to hammer my coaches program. As it has been a disapointing experience in my opinion. These travel/club teams are a rip off, I should start one soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team are you talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info about when 2014 season starts ? Teams playing ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info about when 2014 season starts ? Teams playing ?

Started today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the first weekend go? Any good games out there?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard