Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #299002 02/07/20 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #299010 02/08/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

No Under Armour All-American "Seniors"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299045 02/10/20 08:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’d love to hear the ONLY 10 “very good” coaches on LI.... please list.
UA- Markey and Lamparter

No Under Armour All-American "Seniors"

But Under Armour All-American's on the roster. A couple on the Command team and a couple on the Highlight team yet still got shut out by BBP. Bert keeps over hyping his players the results on the field don't lie.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #299351 02/18/20 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA 150 Worth it? or is it just another one of those money makers....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299352 02/18/20 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It lost its luster starting a couple of years ago. If you really want bang for your $$$ attend the prospect days or clinics of the schools your daughter may have interest in.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #299357 02/18/20 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s what I’m wondering because we didn't get an invite!😀
We are only 23s and don’t have a real film yet- I pulled something together at the last minute.
Of course I know that we are good enough to be there but upon examining last years rosters, and looking at some of the other “exclusive” camps from last summer-it seems to be a money grab. A light bulb went off when they did the US Lacrosse U15 last summer and half the girls that made it through the $$$ tryouts were from west of the Mississippi.
I’m just letting my daughter play her first year of high school to see where she stands.

Is there a tournament based on individual skills anywhere? That’s the million dollar question...

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #299359 02/18/20 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Predicted McD pre season number one HS girls lax, US lacrosse. Many others a surprise? Any dark horses?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299361 02/18/20 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It lost its luster starting a couple of years ago. If you really want bang for your $$$ attend the prospect days or clinics of the schools your daughter may have interest in.

I agree. It's a complete money grab. We attended last year and it was a complete waste of money and time. . Hardly any coaches were there and some of the girls that attended were definitely not top 150 in their class. I know of better players who weren't offered an invitation. This is run by CR and there is definitely major politics involved. College coaches see through this and probably the reason why not many attend anymore. Your money is better spent attending clinics/camps at the specific schools your daughter is interested in.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299378 02/19/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. It's a complete money grab. We attended last year and it was a complete waste of money and time. . Hardly any coaches were there and some of the girls that attended were definitely not top 150 in their class. I know of better players who weren't offered an invitation. This is run by CR and there is definitely major politics involved. College coaches see through this and probably the reason why not many attend anymore. Your money is better spent attending clinics/camps at the specific schools your daughter is interested in.

Agree 100% ....check the list of schools that are in attendance Not a lot. You are totally better off doing clinics or camps your kid is interested in. waste of money

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299383 02/19/20 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you notice very few M&D Black girls attend which should say something considering it's run by CR. Stopped being useful when the recruiting calendar changed. When it was held in the winter it was very good.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #299384 02/19/20 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As Predicted McD pre season number one HS girls lax, US lacrosse. Many others a surprise? Any dark horses?

McDonogh isn't even going to win their own league this year, let alone the best team in the country. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose their first game to American Heritage. I know it was indoor but my daughter's team played them at Spooky Nook and they didn't impress me.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299387 02/19/20 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are only 23s and don’t have a real film yet- I pulled something together at the last minute.
Of course I know that we are good enough to be there but upon examining last years rosters, and looking at some of the other “exclusive” camps from last summer-it seems to be a money grab. A light bulb went off when they did the US Lacrosse U15 last summer and half the girls that made it through the $$$ tryouts were from west of the Mississippi.
I’m just letting my daughter play her first year of high school to see where she stands.

Is there a tournament based on individual skills anywhere? That’s the million dollar question...

...its another one of those money grabs that make kids apply....there was no real tryout...stick to events that are geared towards making sure your kid is seen....not worth it at all...look at the previous years rosters ...

smart! Look at the previous years rosters and you know...its a total money grab..look for clinics and camps at schools ..this is BS. You will not be recruited here...especially 2023's they won't be looked at at all...waste of a lot of money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299389 02/19/20 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were talking about the complaining to the administration regarding a certain superstar on team, and someone pointed out it was
BBP. Loaded at every position is hysterical and they have been saying they will win states forever.

First off no one said it was BBP with the terrible chemistry, clearly talking about Riverhead , team has been a mess forever.
BBP will win states easy this year , C division is weak upstate and it is a down year for the usual C division top schools ie Sinai, CSH. As far as BBP being loaded at every position not really but they are certainly above average at every position. They have several very good players but no top players in my opinion and that can make for a very good team. Teams that rely too much on 1 or 2 players run into trouble when playing other top teams.

Could be bbp. Sounds vaguely familiar.... anyways... go away bbp. All you guys are good at is working the system to get kids placed high on the " Rankings" list.
No question. Did you see the list of "Top Players" in Suffolk County. Yes, all very good players, but come on. Some of these kids benefit from school districts with good programs. There are plenty of kids that don't get looked at because of the district they play on and the fact that their coach doesn't push for their kids. I can think of a couple of kids that play on the same travel program as these BBP kids, and are better, but are overlooked on this list. However they carry their own HS teams and don't get the recognition. I'd love to see what some of these kids would do if they had no one to play with.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299394 02/19/20 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you notice very few M&D Black girls attend which should say something considering it's run by CR. Stopped being useful when the recruiting calendar changed. When it was held in the winter it was very good.

Was every kid that wasn't asked waitlisted? Seems that everyone I asked was waitlisted ....some are really good players? Not sure what the criteria was? Doesn't seem right?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #299399 02/19/20 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was every kid that wasn't asked waitlisted? Seems that everyone I asked was waitlisted ....some are really good players? Not sure what the criteria was? Doesn't seem right?

From the girls I've heard that were sent invitations and the ones who were "waitlisted"'something seems very fishy. Either their coaches weren't truthful when scoring their girls in order to make their programs look good or there are some serious politics involved. The fact that so many applied makes some of the selections even more suspect. . Either way it totally discredits the event and the college coaches should be asking for refunds. Not a true representation of the top players. Everyone's time is better spent elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Page 388 of 425 1 2 386 387 388 389 390 424 425
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS