BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question for the group. Watched the SB v Cuse game last night. Both teams are soooo aggressive. Do you think this is a result of having male coaches? Both of these coaches seem to embrace the aggressive clear/fast break, the behind the back shots, ect. It was a fun game to watch.

Before everyone gets on me about men coaches being aggressive, I do understand that there are women coaches that are aggressive also....UF, MD, NW, ect. Just thought about it since both teams last night had men coaches and both teams played with a similar style.

IMHO: The stronger teams play a more aggressive style of lacrosse due to their athleticism. I do not think it is due to having a male coach. The top programs recruit speed. With the exception of the prolific goal scorer coaches want athletes who can move. In this day and age everybody can throw and catch but you will not compete with the top programs if you do not have adequate team speed. The top programs play at a faster pace.

Agreed with the exception that after watching many years of top level lacrosse I am still not overly impressed with the stick skills ie catching and throwing. You have tewaaraton favorites who can barely use their weak hands etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group. Watched the SB v Cuse game last night. Both teams are soooo aggressive. Do you think this is a result of having male coaches? Both of these coaches seem to embrace the aggressive clear/fast break, the behind the back shots, ect. It was a fun game to watch.

Before everyone gets on me about men coaches being aggressive, I do understand that there are women coaches that are aggressive also....UF, MD, NW, ect. Just thought about it since both teams last night had men coaches and both teams played with a similar style.

IMHO: The stronger teams play a more aggressive style of lacrosse due to their athleticism. I do not think it is due to having a male coach. The top programs recruit speed. With the exception of the prolific goal scorer coaches want athletes who can move. In this day and age everybody can throw and catch but you will not compete with the top programs if you do not have adequate team speed. The top programs play at a faster pace.

Also, It looks like most of the stronger teams play more competitive schedules and they have to be more aggressive in order to keep pace. Simply put, the better teams play a faster, more intense, more aggressive game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed with the exception that after watching many years of top level lacrosse I am still not overly impressed with the stick skills ie catching and throwing. You have tewaaraton favorites who can barely use their weak hands etc.

It is the way of the game... Go watch the Boy's / Men play.... very few players are proficient with both hands. Read.... Box Lacrosse influence ...

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Kaitlyn Cerasi – University of Massachusetts

Cerasi posted four goals and two assists in a 15-11 win against #5 Boston College on Saturday, helping the Minutewomen to their first win against the Eagles since 2008 and marking its first win against a top-five opponent in program history. The senior attacker, a 2019 IWLCA second-team All-Region selection, was an integral part of the come from behind effort, as her team poured in six of the game’s final seven goals to claim the victory.

Defensive Player of the Week

Carson Gregg – University of Denver

Gregg led the #10 Pioneers to a 17-13 season opening win against #20 Stanford, recording 14 saves, two ground balls, and two caused turnovers. The senior goalkeeper was a 2019 IWLCA second-team All-Region selection and also named the 2019 Big East goalkeeper of the year.

DIVISION II

Carly Vaccaro – University of Tampa

Vaccaro led the way for the sixth-ranked Spartans as they defeated the University of Huntsville in Alabama Chargers 22-11. In the game, the senior attacker scored a program-record seven goals. She scored those goals on seven shots and went on to add three assists to rack up 10 total points in the win.

Gabby Tanner – Rollins College

Tanner’s team notched a 19-10 victory over #23 Saint Leo last week, and the junior goalkeeper posted 10 saves and two ground balls in the winning effort. With three games under her belt this season, Tanner has a .500 save percentage to go with a 7.02 goals against average. The #7 Tars are off to a 3-0 start and will welcome top-ranked Adelphi to campus on February 23.

DIVISION III

Jade Cox – Birmingham-Southern College

Cox was an offensive force for the Panther against Life University, scoring 10 goals on 16 shots to propel her team to a 17-16 win. With her performance, Cox set a new program record for career goals with 193. The senior midfielder also corralled eight draw controls, scooped up four ground balls, and caused two turnovers.

Payton Bennett – Rhodes College

Bennett served up several career-highs in Rhodes' 20-3 dominating season-opening win over Southwestern University. The sophomore scored three goals on four shots and picked up three ground balls and caused four turnovers. Bennett finished the day with career-highs in assists (six), points (nine) and caused turnovers (four), leading an offense which scored on 20 of 28 shots on goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame vs Northwestern ..... Predictions??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Duke transfer is brutal to watch , different uniform same douchie celebration .Duke is better w/o her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Duke transfer is brutal to watch , different uniform same douchie celebration .Duke is better w/o her.

Perhaps you feel that way because you have to watch it over and over and over again. Like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going and going. Good for her for getting out of Durham...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you feel that way because you have to watch it over and over and over again. Like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going and going. Good for her for getting out of Durham...

No I feel that way because it’s just douchie . Seems like Duke is heading in the right direction while BC is heading in the opposite direction, coincidence in regard to the transfer , I don’t think so . Yes good for her to leave a much better academic school with a lacrosse program on the rise to join a lesser academic school with a sinking ship of a program . Energizer bunny might want to win something before she celebrates every goal like an NCAA championship .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I feel that way because it’s just douchie . Seems like Duke is heading in the right direction while BC is heading in the opposite direction, coincidence in regard to the transfer , I don’t think so . Yes good for her to leave a much better academic school with a lacrosse program on the rise to join a lesser academic school with a sinking ship of a program . Energizer bunny might want to win something before she celebrates every goal like an NCAA championship .

Duke moving in the right direction, I think not , most likely will not make the NCAA tournament this year , two blowout wins against team not even in the top 100 , they should be embarrassed . Do they challenge themselves at all or only play good teams because they have to play the ACC .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke is on the rise because they have quality wins this season against...Gardner-Webb and Wofford? Yes, this freshman class has talent, but beat someone first before you claim to be "on the rise". How about 5 top 20 wins this year, maybe even make the playoffs again?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke is on the rise because they have quality wins this season against...Gardner-Webb and Wofford? Yes, this freshman class has talent, but beat someone first before you claim to be "on the rise". How about 5 top 20 wins this year, maybe even make the playoffs again?

Honestly, what is wrong with the two of you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
2020 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – January 27, 2020

The Maryland Terrapins, 2019 National Champions, narrowly edged out North Carolina to claim the top spot in the preseason IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll. Maryland garnered 15 first place votes, while the Tar Heels collected the other 10. Northwestern landed in the third spot, followed closely by Syracuse and Boston College, to round out the top five. The ACC landed seven teams in the top-25 rankings, the most of any conference, while the Big Ten had four schools listed and the Ivy League and Pac-12 each had three. Fans won’t have too long to wait before Maryland and North Carolina square off in a February 28 matchup in Chapel Hill.

Rank Institution Points FPV 2019 Record Final 2019 Rank

1 Maryland 608 15 22-1 1
2 North Carolina 605 10 17-4 3
3 Northwestern 556 0 16-5 4
4 Syracuse 546 0 16-5 5
5 Boston College 539 0 22-2 2
6 Princeton 471 0 16-4 6
7 Notre Dame 429 0 14-5 9
8 Virginia 425 0 13-7 7
9 Michigan 417 0 16-4 11
10 Denver 382 0 16-4 8
11 Loyola 359 0 16-5 10
T-12 Penn 329 0 12-6 14
T-12 Stony Brook 329 0 16-5 12
14 Florida 302 0 14-7 13
15 Navy (USNA) 256 0 16-5 16
16 Southern California 253 0 16-4 17
17 James Madison 238 0 16-4 15
18 Colorado 167 0 11-8 19
19 Georgetown 165 0 12-9 18
20 Stanford 146 0 13-6 23
21 Duke 128 0 11-8 21
22 Dartmouth 115 0 11-6 20
23 Virginia Tech 93 0 8-10 25
24 Johns Hopkins 91 0 10-8 22
25 High Point 55 0 15-5 24

Obviously it's early but.... Top 4 look about right.

Team Defense is what wins National Championships.... Northwestern needs to tighten up if they want to be in the conversation.

Has Maryland reloaded?

Is Syracuse really a Final Four Caliber team?

Looks like Boston College might struggle this year, ACC is not a very forgiving conference.

Michigan might be a little overrated.

Hofstra looks like they will be tough.

Denver looks like the Best of the West.

Stony Brook has challenged themselves early. SBU opens with Syracuse, they also have Florida and Princeton and a trip out to USC.

IMHO... North Carolina is the team to beat.

There are a lot of very good teams between 5 - 20 not sure if any can get to the Final Four.

Are there any teams not currently ranked in the Top 25 that can make some noise? Hofstra? Richmond? anyone else???

The Top 4 are no more...

Team Defense and strong goalie play is what wins National Championships... Just ask Maryland. 8 goals will get the headlines but Defense and 14 saves is what wins.

Syracuse ?? Final Four??? Not sure...

BC off from past few years.

Michigan was overrated.

Hofstra is solid.... SBU is Very Good ...

North Carolina is defiantly the team to beat. Best Defense in the country!

Dartmouth will challenge for an IVY Title.

Florida is obviously very good but will never win with 1 player taking 50% of the shots...

Notre Dame ?? Is this their Year?

The team with the best Team D will win the National Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, what is wrong with the two of you?

Tough to cheer for BC w the North defection. We also beat on teams w stat padding. Go look at the final three minutes of BC vs BU up by 10 Bad job here by north and AW Heard there was some shady exchanges pulling her from Duke wonder if ncaa gets involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Navy will beat Duke today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very early but it looks like we are going to have an interesting year. Not sure if anyone is going to beat UNC but it looks like there are a bunch of teams in the Top 15 - 20 who have a shot at making it to the Final Four.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - North Carolina
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy
11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra?

Those are not real rankings . Too many things wacky about them to even consider .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra?

If not Hofstra, who? Not sure Boston College belongs in the Top 20. Richmond? Duke? Penn State? UMass? Virginia Tech? Stanford?

It will be interesting to see how the Polls / Rankings look this week but for now this persons opinion is as good as any. Just for discussion.

Penn, Denver and Loyola are all pretty good, possibly all Top 10 at the end of the season.

1 - North Carolina
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy
11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just wondering what Hofstra has to put them in the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly a father posted that I’m certain it wasn’t the big Bucknell win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hofstra did in fact receive votes in the Inside Lacrosse Poll. A poll that has BC ranked ahead of UMASS who BC lost to and UMASS ranked ahead of Dartmouth who UMASS lost to... a bit of a joke....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps it was a USC parent who was relieved with the outcome of a close game with Hofstra...…

The game is growing which is awesome for the sport. The great game between Florida and Maryland shows that more and more talented players are flooding into lots of great schools.

Oh and btw, donkeythe girls working hard on and off the field at Bucknell (and all collegiate athletes for that matter) don't need your negative comments. Players should be supported for their decisions to play while continuing with their education regardless of their teams division or ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 looks like it will be a fun year. There could be 10 -15 teams with a legitimate chance to make the Final Four. Seeding will be critical....

Although it is early there appears to be more parity with the top 10 - 20 programs.

Are there any teams not currently in "any" of the Top 20 Rankings that could make a run and surprise everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2020 looks like it will be a fun year. There could be 10 -15 teams with a legitimate chance to make the Final Four. Seeding will be critical....

Although it is early there appears to be more parity with the top 10 - 20 programs.

Are there any teams not currently in "any" of the Top 20 Rankings that could make a run and surprise everyone?

Penn State or VA Tech

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1 - North Carolina
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy
11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

Michigan dropped 11 spots with a road loss to a ranked USC team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah Hofstra. should be ranked behind wagner, like 46. come on man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
get Hofstra out of there. not top 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAA awful this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy
11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

Above is just a ranking by a single poster here on BOTC... That being said Hofstra received votes in both of the Media polls...(Nike and Maverik) However, Hofstra was not in the IWLCA Coaches Poll which lists 25 teams not 20 teams....

At this point in the season Hofstra should certainly be in the conversation for Top 20...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy

11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

Above is just a ranking by a single poster here on BOTC... That being said Hofstra received votes in both of the Media polls...(Nike and Maverik) However, Hofstra was not in the IWLCA Coaches Poll which lists 25 teams not 20 teams....

At this point in the season Hofstra should certainly be in the conversation for Top 20...

Why , who have they beat , their best game was a close loss to a team that traveled across the country and are offensively challenged . Beat a top 20 team if you want to get I to the top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Have they beaten anyone good?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2020 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – February 17, 2020

Four of the top five teams in the Preseason Poll lost within the first two weeks of the regular season leaving North Carolina (3-0) to stand alone atop the first regular season poll with all 25 first place votes. After taking down Northwestern on the road, Notre Dame (3-0) jumped five spots to land in the second position. Maryland (1-1) fell to third after losing a close one to Florida (2-0), who shot up to number four. Stony Brook (2-0) also entered the top five on the strength of their season-opening 17-16 win over Syracuse (3-1). Massachusetts (1-1) and Penn State (2-0) entered the poll for the first time in 2020, while Johns Hopkins and High Point dropped out.

Top 25 matchups this week start on Friday when Boston College travels to Southern California. Weekend games include Loyola at Florida, Maryland at North Carolina, Syracuse at Northwestern, and Virginia at Princeton on Saturday and Colorado at Michigan on Sunday.

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Poll
1 North Carolina 572 25 3-0 2
2 Notre Dame 548 0 3-0 7
3 Maryland 533 0 1-1 1
4 Florida 507 0 2-0 14
5 Stony Brook 498 0 2-0 T-12
6 Northwestern 484 0 3-1 3
7 Syracuse 445 0 3-1 4
8 Virginia 416 0 3-0 8
9 Princeton 369 0 1-0 6
10 Denver 362 0 2-0 10
11 Penn 342 0 1-0 T-12
12 Loyola 335 0 1-0 11
13 Southern California 294 0 2-0 16
14 Michigan 288 0 1-1 9
15 Boston College 284 0 2-1 5
16 Navy (USNA) 207 0 2-1 15
17 James Madison 195 0 2-1 17
18 Colorado 155 0 0-1 18
19 Dartmouth 130 0 1-0 22
20 Massachusetts-Amherst 120 0 1-1 NR
21 Duke 118 0 2-2 21
22 Virginia Tech 97 0 2-1 23
23 Georgetown 75 0 1-1 19
24 Stanford 51 0 1-2 20
25 Penn State 22 0 2-0 NR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy

11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

Why , who have they beat , their best game was a close loss to a team that traveled across the country and are offensively challenged . Beat a top 20 team if you want to get I to the top 20.

At this point in the season the polls are a bit of a joke. Boston College is ranked ahead of both Umass and Dartmouth... What has BC done? Until teams have a significant body of work these polls are meaningless. For example, Hofstra has as much of a claim to the Top 20 as Michigan. We really don't know where teams should be ranked yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy

11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

At this point in the season the polls are a bit of a joke. Boston College is ranked ahead of both Umass and Dartmouth... What has BC done? Until teams have a significant body of work these polls are meaningless. For example, Hofstra has as much of a claim to the Top 20 as Michigan. We really don't know where teams should be ranked yet.

Yes and no , you can look at last years performance and look at key returning players etc. Honestly they had BC ranked way to high from the start. When you lose your 3 best offensive players and like 75 percent of your offense among others you are going to take a big step back. Hofstra has not been good for years so they really dont have as much of a claim.If you dont think UNC, MD, ND are going to be top 5 at end of season you just have not been paying attention even thou ND is the only one with a quality win this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Florida
4 - Virginia
5 - Princeton
6 - Maryland
7 - Stony Brook
8 - Denver
9 - Syracuse
10 - Navy

11 - Loyola
12 - Penn
13 - Northwestern
14 - USC
15 - JMU
16 - Dartmouth
17 - Colorado
18 - Hofstra
19 - Michigan
20 - Boston College

Yes and no , you can look at last years performance and look at key returning players etc. Honestly they had BC ranked way to high from the start. When you lose your 3 best offensive players and like 75 percent of your offense among others you are going to take a big step back. Hofstra has not been good for years so they really dont have as much of a claim.If you dont think UNC, MD, ND are going to be top 5 at end of season you just have not been paying attention even thou ND is the only one with a quality win this year.

Hofstra trying to become relevant is great. Stony Brook looks great. I'm rooting for the Long Island teams with the girls that were not highly recruited by many on the list above

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has most of their team returning and on paper should be just as good as Stony Brook and many teams in the top 15. Now will that happen we will see, if they can not be relevant this year they probably will never be. SB seems to have different kids step up each year. Having good local lacrosse on LI is so great for the youth players to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has 3 legit senior studs. They could play almost anywhere. Hopefully they make an appearance in the NCAA’s this year. Go Long Island!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has most of their team returning and on paper should be just as good as Stony Brook and many teams in the top 15. Now will that happen we will see, if they can not be relevant this year they probably will never be. SB seems to have different kids step up each year. Having good local lacrosse on LI is so great for the youth players to see

As the game continues to grow on a national level, some very good LI girls may not have as many opportunities to choose from. I still think the superstars can write their own ticket, but those very talented second level kids may not have as many doors opening up and decide to stay local. IMHO Hofstra not a top 15 team but could be around 20-25 . based upon the new rankings they still need to play 3 top 5 teams this year, MD, ND and SB. Ouch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s just a ridiculous post. Just as good on paper as many teams in the top 15 is ridiculous , they had a mediocre season last year and their 3 studs that can play anywhere is just as ignorant . They play in a weak conference and perform average at best . Stony Brook will maul them , running clock at some point.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard