BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of late how bout of the past few years...

Originally Posted by CageSage
Tuesday, April 30th Results

Our Lady of Mercy over Archbishop Molloy, 11-0 (11-0 Halftime)
Sachem North over Copiague, 17-1 (11-1 Halftime)
Sachem East over Floyd, 16-7
North Babylon edges Longwood, 9-8
West Islip over Smithtown East, 15-11
Locust Valley over Friends Academy, 16-9
Bay Shore over Connetquot, 19-1 (15-0 Halftime)
Elmont over West Hempstead, 11-7
Wheatley over Great Neck North, 11-6
Sewanhaka over Valley Stream District, 11-7
Ward Melville over Lindenhurst, 9-4
Half Hollow Hills over Middle Country, 9-6
Island Trees over Clarke, 17-13
South Side over Oceanside, 9-6
Northport over Smithtown West, 16-3
Baldwin over Lynbrook, 12-8
Whitman over Brentwood, 13-2
Eastport-South Manor over Sacred Heart, 8-3
Hauppauge over East Islip, 6-5
West Babylon over Commack, 17-7
Patchogue-Medford over Riverhead, 17-8

Lowlights

This is our first lowlight in some time, but did Bay Shore really need to rack-up fifteen goals in their first half against Connetquot? Was the result of the game somehow in doubt? BOTC appreciates that Bay Shore has not been getting some of the respect that the team might deserve in regional polls until recently. However, we think that while Bay Shore has made the transition to being a top team this season, they also need to control the offense against outgunned opponents. Playoffs are two weeks away - they will have more than enough time to unload offensively come playoff time.

Highlights

West Islip 15, Smithtown East 11: Vanessa Constantino scored five goals and had five assists in the win. Cara Douglas added three goals for West Islip (9-2) in Division I.

Way to go Hauupauge!!!! Nice win over East Islip!!!
Karma baby!

Karma? Please fill us in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are off he mark on Bay Shore.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

How so?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you say that??? on the mark no need to run scores like that and I always thought bay shore had class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They emptied the bench in the first half and coach was instructing girls to pass the ball around which they did for 30 minutes. You are going down the wrong road with Bay Shore, it has nothing to do with stats.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys praise individual girls who score 10 goals...look at box score. Very spreadout. Not about stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

How so?

I am not the poster of the original comment and I am not from Bayshore. Be careful about criticizing these young ladies and coaches, especially if you didn't see the game (which I didn't either). First off they only scored 4 in the second half, so obviously they called off the dogs. Connetquot isn't a brand new program and actually has some legit D-1 players. Furthermore what no one seems to take into account is that the better teams usually have some good players on the bench that don't see the field that much. When they get a chance to play they are going to want to show what they can do and have practiced all year for that right. I am in no way advocating embarrassing anyone , but if they took their starters out in a reasonable amount of time and let the subs play and they happened to play well then so be it. They kept the score under 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are ridiculous , no one said its about stats, but an 18 goal margin of victory is wrong . Try to justify it all you want but its poor sportmanship .When a lower level to mid level team beats up on a beginner team everyone jumps all over them but now that your precious Bayshore team wins by 19 you justify it by saying they did it with back-up players,now thats class.Winning by 15 or more is poor sportmanship no matter how its done or who its done against. Even more pathetic is people coming on here trying to justify it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. Title IX will not allow the district to disband the girls program. Call the district on it.

Situations like this make me respect the Northports, Bayshores and WM's of the world as they wouldn't play the lower ranked teams. It really stinks when the "runts" of the league decide to take out their frustration on a program such as Copiague. Tell the girls to keep the faith and continue to strive to achieve. Not every girl will play in college. But this should be an enjoyable experience despite the lack of wins. Wish your daughter good luck in her game this afternoon.

Respect and honoring the game is truly lacking here.

Where is your outrage toward Bayshore now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. Title IX will not allow the district to disband the girls program. Call the district on it.

Situations like this make me respect the Northports, Bayshores and WM's of the world as they wouldn't play the lower ranked teams. It really stinks when the "runts" of the league decide to take out their frustration on a program such as Copiague. Tell the girls to keep the faith and continue to strive to achieve. Not every girl will play in college. But this should be an enjoyable experience despite the lack of wins. Wish your daughter good luck in her game this afternoon.

Respect and honoring the game is truly lacking here.

Where is your outrage toward Bayshore now.

I have none. Connetquot cannot compare to Copaigue. Their program is well represented throughout the club circuit. Bayshore is just that good.

Oh; and I'm a parent of one of the "runts" that I mentioned. And that was truly pitiful of you to bring Copaigue into this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't see the game but if the above post was right and the coach cleared the bench (in the first half) and instructed the players to pass the ball around... what would you suggest, the refs calling the game... or maybe your that wiseguy parent that would say they should have played 3 girls down for practice.

To honor the game is to play the game, there is a fine balance of shoving it someone's face and playing/honoring the game.

Bay Shore has had a fine reputation of playing hard nosed girls lacrosse. Something they worked hard to build. They respect the game, honor their legacy and hold a high standard for their academic achievements.

Anyone not from BS that was there feel free to chime in.

You people are ridiculous , no one said its about stats, but an 18 goal margin of victory is wrong . Try to justify it all you want but its poor sportmanship .When a lower level to mid level team beats up on a beginner team everyone jumps all over them but now that your precious Bayshore team wins by 19 you justify it by saying they did it with back-up players,now thats class.Winning by 15 or more is poor sportmanship no matter how its done or who its done against. Even more pathetic is people coming on here trying to justify it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bay Shore has had a fine reputation of playing hard nosed girls lacrosse. Something they worked hard to build. They respect the game, honor their legacy and hold a high standard for their academic achievements.

Nothing wrong with the above statement; I wish my daughter's program had those qualities. But no; they are looking forward to the senior game. A game of which they will probably lose and finish the season at 4-12. Which will make at least the fourth consecutive year with at least 10 losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TU, best of luck in these last few games for your seniors and the rest of the squad.

Nothing wrong with the above statement; I wish my daughter's program had those qualities. But no; they are looking forward to the senior game. A game of which they will probably lose and finish the season at 4-12. Which will make at least the fourth consecutive year with at least 10 losses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TU, best of luck in these last few games for your seniors and the rest of the squad.

YW. Good luck to you and your ladies as well. Reclaim that State Championship for Long Island.

My question to all of you; how can a program embrace such a culture ineptitude? And with the current state of affairs; the losing will continue. And yes; this is varsity level, where the emphasis is based on winning versus losing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes not "playing" the game as intended is more disrespectful to the other team. Winning by 20 will always appear to be running up the score, but you always have to consider the following:

1. Back-ups, bench players and junior players will always want to impress the coach, their teammates, friends and the other team (you would too). They should be told to slow it down, but they are going to shoot eventually.

2. Holding the ball for enormous periods of time tells the other team you are pitying them (and that is far worse than getting beat badly).

3. Any coach will tell you that it is their defense's job to stop the other offense -- it is not the job of the other team's offense to stop itself.

So, is winning by 15+ goals bad sportsmanship, or not? Depends on the game, and the teams involved. I suspect that if a team wins by 15 or more, they probably could have won by 20 or more. If they were passing a lot, cleared the bench and slowed it down, then they showed good sportsmanship regardless of the final score. I am sure the losing team would agree.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My question to all of you; how can a program embrace such a culture ineptitude? And with the current state of affairs; the losing will continue. And yes; this is varsity level, where the emphasis is based on winning versus losing.

In my district, I lay the blame on the hiring practices. Any teacher, with or without experience, will get the job over a non-district employee regardless of the outsider's experience or track record. Then the AD turns a blind eye to the losses piling up season after season. We just came off a season similar to what is referenced above, albeit a different sport. It is completely disheartening, and talk about a bunch of players counting down the minutes until the end of the season. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes not "playing" the game as intended is more disrespectful to the other team. Winning by 20 will always appear to be running up the score, but you always have to consider the following:

1. Back-ups, bench players and junior players will always want to impress the coach, their teammates, friends and the other team (you would too). They should be told to slow it down, but they are going to shoot eventually.

How about some hard passes to the goalie, she makes the save and then you work on your transition and defensive game?

2. Holding the ball for enormous periods of time tells the other team you are pitying them (and that is far worse than getting beat badly).

3. Any coach will tell you that it is their defense's job to stop the other offense -- it is not the job of the other team's offense to stop itself.

So, is winning by 15+ goals bad sportsmanship, or not? Depends on the game, and the teams involved. I suspect that if a team wins by 15 or more, they probably could have won by 20 or more. If they were passing a lot, cleared the bench and slowed it down, then they showed good sportsmanship regardless of the final score. I am sure the losing team would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters team has been on both ends of the score. What makes me crazy is in the games where we have a big lead, the coach puts in players and then tells them not to score so that we don't run up the score. Why not put them in when we have a decent lead so that they can score a little and if the game starts getting closer, put the starters back in!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 1st Results

Hicksville over Hewlett, 17-11
Mineola over New Hyde Park, 17-15
Glen Cove over Great Neck South, 15-8
Glenn over Center Moriches, 9-7
Malverne/East Rockaway over West Hempstead, 16-8
Manhasset over Massapequa, 14-8
St. John the Baptist over Kellenberg, 10-6
Floral Park over East Meadow, 11-10, Overtime
Portledge over Chapin, 15-6
Calhoun over Carle Place, 14-7
Division over Bethpage, 14-7
MacArthur over Herricks, 8-4
Babylon over Mattituck, 16-5

Highlights

Manhasset 14, Massapequa 8: Lindsey Ronbeck had three goals to lead Manhasset (7-1) in Conference I.

Floral Park 11, East Meadow 10: Jocelyn Penteck scored with 12 seconds left in the second overtime. Kayla Buzzeo scored with 49 seconds left in the first overtime to tie the game at 10. Penteck sent the game to overtime with a goal with under a minute left in regulation. Penteck scored six goals for Floral Park (5-3) in Conference III.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my district, I lay the blame on the hiring practices. Any teacher, with or without experience, will get the job over a non-district employee regardless of the outsider's experience or track record. Then the AD turns a blind eye to the losses piling up season after season. We just came off a season similar to what is referenced above, albeit a different sport. It is completely disheartening, and talk about a bunch of players counting down the minutes until the end of the season. SMH

My daughter's team started planning the tribute to the seniors during the pre-season. Most knew that the season was going to be bad and began going through the motions. Things are truly bad when half of the team shows up to practice. The coach should turn over his stipend. Three of the girls; who have been on varsity since grade nine will have endured seasons with losses of 15,14,11 and possibly 12 respectively. And the losses will pile up. And no one seems to care. There was a time that an athlete was proud of their membership. But with this team; pasta parties and twitter foolishness. Maybe there will be a turnaround ; I doubt it though. As long as the incompetence within the coaching staff and backstabbing parents remain; the program will languish in the bottom of the standings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't see the game but if the above post was right and the coach cleared the bench (in the first half) and instructed the players to pass the ball around... what would you suggest, the refs calling the game... or maybe your that wiseguy parent that would say they should have played 3 girls down for practice.

To honor the game is to play the game, there is a fine balance of shoving it someone's face and playing/honoring the game.

Give me a break , get your head out of Bay Shores back end. Playing / honoring the game ,please who do you think you are. All you morons try to comprehend a semi bad team crushes a very bad team by 18 is the same as a very good team crushing an okay team by 18 .Bayshore holds a high standard for academic achievements , seriously are you that clueless, compare your academic standards to Ward Melville or cold spring harbor.Any team that wins by 18 is just plain poor sportsmanship ,if the coach could not tell they had a complete mismatch on their hands at 5-0 then they are clueless, or just a jack---.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My daughter's team started planning the tribute to the seniors during the pre-season. Most knew that the season was going to be bad and began going through the motions. Things are truly bad when half of the team shows up to practice. The coach should turn over his stipend. Three of the girls; who have been on varsity since grade nine will have endured seasons with losses of 15,14,11 and possibly 12 respectively. And the losses will pile up. And no one seems to care. There was a time that an athlete was proud of their membership. But with this team; pasta parties and twitter foolishness. Maybe there will be a turnaround ; I doubt it though. As long as the incompetence within the coaching staff and backstabbing parents remain; the program will languish in the bottom of the standings.

That sounds truly horrible. My sympathies. I wish all the AD's would wake up and get rid of coaches who lead these losing parades.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughters team has been on both ends of the score. What makes me crazy is in the games where we have a big lead, the coach puts in players and then tells them not to score so that we don't run up the score. Why not put them in when we have a decent lead so that they can score a little and if the game starts getting closer, put the starters back in!

Hear, hear! Nothing worse than a blowout, no matter which end you're on. Those games are like watching paint dry. Painful paint because it's not easy to watch.

What I've been selling for years (and no one is buying) is to have the girls play their non-dominant hand (everyone needs work on that), and/or switch up the offense and the defense (go ahead, see how the other half lives). That way the winning team is still working and the playing field becomes more level. You can always revert back to your starting lineup and positions if the game gets too close for comfort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you call people morons and jack*** and we are suppose to give some credability to what you say. I am sure the person was refering to the coach holding the kids to high academic standards and if you knew anything about the coaches, you would know they put more emphasis on the classromm then the playing fields. What other coach in Suffolk or Nassau looks at the kids daily progress reports and makes everyone of her players go to extra help until they have an A average. keep you comments to yourself.....loser! By the way, I coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hear, hear! Nothing worse than a blowout, no matter which end you're on. Those games are like watching paint dry. Painful paint because it's not easy to watch.

What I've been selling for years (and no one is buying) is to have the girls play their non-dominant hand (everyone needs work on that), and/or switch up the offense and the defense (go ahead, see how the other half lives). That way the winning team is still working and the playing field becomes more level. You can always revert back to your starting lineup and positions if the game gets too close for comfort.

They need to reorganzie like Nassau did. There is no way you should have top teams playing teams that struggle. Its not good for either team. This is just as bad in the B and C divisions. Babylon playing Hampton Bays? Really??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break , get your head out of Bay Shores back end. Playing / honoring the game ,please who do you think you are. All you morons try to comprehend a semi bad team crushes a very bad team by 18 is the same as a very good team crushing an okay team by 18 .Bayshore holds a high standard for academic achievements , seriously are you that clueless, compare your academic standards to Ward Melville or cold spring harbor.Any team that wins by 18 is just plain poor sportsmanship ,if the coach could not tell they had a complete mismatch on their hands at 5-0 then they are clueless, or just a jack---.

I will start with maybe you SHOULD try to Honor the game and it players and maybe then this will all make sense to you; until then I will not judge you, that is not my job. (that is who I think I am).

I say good on ya' and congratulations to BS WM and CSH (and any other team) which holds high regard to their academic standards.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They need to reorganzie like Nassau did. There is no way you should have top teams playing teams that struggle. Its not good for either team. This is just as bad in the B and C divisions. Babylon playing Hampton Bays? Really??

From your keyboard to SectionXI's ears.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Bay Shore lost to East Islip today is that true?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 2nd Results

Shoreham-Wading River over Huntington, 17-5
Comsewogue edges Bellport, 13-12
Our Lady of Mercy over St. Dominic, 16-4 (15-2 Halftime)
Harborfields over Kings Park, 10-6
Mount Sinai over East Hampton/Bridgehampton/Pierson, 14-4
Islip over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 14-9
Garden City over Farmingdale, 13-12, Overtime
Babylon blanks Hampton Bays, 13-0 (10-0 Halftime)
Jericho over Glen Cove, 19-13
Cold Spring Harbor over Port Washington, 11-7
Mepham edges Roslyn, 12-11
Rocky Point over Miller Place, 19-12
Plainview JFK over Bellmore JFK, 13-10
Wantagh over Plainedge, 20-13
Bayport-Blue Point doubles Deer Park, 8-4

Highlights

Garden City 13, Farmingdale 12: Jackie Jahelka (three goals) scored the winner off an assist from Haley O'Hanlon with 49 seconds left in the second overtime for Garden City in Conference I. Tara DeAngelo scored four goals, O'Hanlon had a goal and two assists, and Taylor Carpentier made 15 saves for the Trojans (7-0). Farmingdale's Nadine Hadnagy (six goals) tied it at 12 with 54 seconds left in regulation. [For those tracking the box score, the score was 10-6 Garden City after the first quarter!]

Ashley Appel (two goals, two assists) scored on an assist from Nicole Stackpole (four goals, one assist) with 6:20 remaining on senior day to give Mepham a 12-10 lead and JoAnn DeLauter made it stand up with 10 saves to lead Mepham (8-6) in Conference IV.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk (Section XI) County Girls HS Varsity Lacrosse Standings - May 2nd

Team Name League Record Overall Record Total Points
DIV I
Bay Shore 10-1-0 11-1-0 162.720
West Islip 9-2-0 11-2-0 156.350
Ward Melville 9-2-0 10-3-0 153.630
H H Hills 8-3-0 9-3-0 139.990
East Islip 8-3-0 9-4-0 139.990
Middle Country 7-4-0 8-5-0 130.900
Northport 7-4-0 9-4-0 130.900
West Babylon 7-4-0 7-5-0 129.080
Sachem East 7-4-0 8-4-0 127.260
Lindenhurst 8-3-0 8-4-0 126.370
Hauppauge 6-5-0 6-6-0 114.740
Walt Whitman 7-4-0 8-4-0 111.110
Smithtown West 5-6-0 6-6-0 99.290
Smithtown East 5-6-0 5-6-0 96.570
Patchogue-Medford 5-6-0 5-7-0 95.460
Connetquot 5-6-0 5-8-0 94.750
Commack HS 3-8-0 4-9-0 84.540
William Floyd 3-8-0 4-9-0 83.830
North Babylon 4-7-0 6-7-0 76.580
Sachem North 3-8-0 4-9-0 72.020
Longwood 3-8-0 4-9-0 65.670
Riverhead 2-9-0 2-10-0 55.670
Brentwood 1-10-0 1-12-0 44.760
Copiague 0-11-0 0-12-0 30.220

DIV II
Mt Sinai 11-0-0 12-0-0 174.740
Sayville 9-2-0 11-2-0 154.160
Shoreham WR 9-2-0 9-2-0 150.540
Eastport/SManor 7-3-0 8-3-0 137.450
Babylon 8-3-0 10-3-0 134.530
Huntington 7-3-0 8-3-0 123.130
Westhampton 6-4-0 7-4-0 120.260
Harborfields 6-4-0 7-5-0 117.940
Rocky Point 5-5-0 6-6-0 117.450
Bayport-Blue Pt 6-5-0 7-6-0 113.400
Miller Place 5-4-0 5-6-0 105.220
Kings Park 5-5-0 5-6-0 96.570
Comsewogue 4-7-0 6-7-0 94.200
Deer Park 4-5-0 5-6-0 94.100
EH/BH/PIER 3-7-0 3-9-0 92.390
Matt/Gpt/Shld 4-7-0 5-8-0 80.490
Islip 3-8-0 4-8-0 77.460
Bellport 3-7-0 3-9-0 71.500
Elwood/J Glenn 2-9-0 2-11-0 59.240
Center Moriches 1-8-0 3-8-0 54.590
Hampton Bays 0-10-0 0-10-0 36.860

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't they play tomorrow??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Suffolk D2 playoffs work? Do the top 8 based on power points get in, or do all teams with a .500 or better record get in like they do in soccer?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Don't they play tomorrow??
Yes, the Bay Shore vs. East Islip game is scheduled for Friday, May 3rd. For reference, only four games remain in their season.

5/3/2013 4:30 PM Bay Shore @ East Islip
5/7/2013 4:00 PM Bay Shore @ H H Hills
5/9/2013 4:00 PM William Floyd @ Bay Shore
5/13/2013 7:00 PM Shoreham WR @ Bay Shore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds truly horrible. My sympathies. I wish all the AD's would wake up and get rid of coaches who lead these losing parades.

The AD's fear the union. What they forgot is; that a coach's won- loss record can be used as cause. Fire the bums and let the union whine. Funny thing is; there are coaches who truly believe that they are good at their craft, but the losses pile up and have the audacity to blame the players.

How about you going to coaching clinics, reading a few books, etc. But your stubbornness will continue to hinder the growth of your team; especially with the ladies who aspire to play in college. Coaches like this need to step away and never look back. Go work at Walmart if you need extra income.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your point of this rant is? You are acting like the nouns that you used.

Folks like you are what bring a negative light on lacrosse....especially on the girls' side. None of our ladies are going pro as players....so chill out. "Book money" isn't worth the stress.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two huge Suffolk Class A games today..

1) BAyshore at East Islip

2) Northport at Half Hollow Hills

Both should be great games...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Folks like you are what bring a negative light on lacrosse....especially on the girls' side. None of our ladies are going pro as players....so chill out. "Book money" isn't worth the stress.

I believe the point is that winning games by 15 or more against obviously overmatched teams is poor sportsmanship and I happen to agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two huge Suffolk Class A games today..

1) BAyshore at East Islip

2) Northport at Half Hollow Hills

Both should be great games...

East Islip has home field advantage otherwise it shouldn't be close.
Northport over HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Northport will beat up on HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the point is that winning games by 15 or more against obviously overmatched teams is poor sportsmanship and I happen to agree.

Who are you to arbitrarily decide that 15 goals is poor sportsmanship? So 14 goals is OK? How about 11? I am sure people out there would say 8 goals is bad. My point is you can't just pick a number. It really does depend on the game. A coach can play his starters for five minutes, and then play all her reserves for the remaining half, accumulate a huge double digit lead, and then instruct the kids to not even go to goal in the second half. Is that bad sportsmanship, to actually let the reserves play a good part of the first half, and then completely shut it down in the second half? I don't think so. Again, it depends on each game

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard