BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 116 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think SPSG , MCD and NDP will all be very good . B Mawr will be good as well.

Where was a daddy coach that ruined it for others? I agree UA and Corrigan need to end this stuff.

GCS will be good also

New to this thread. What schools are SPSG and GCS? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was a daddy coach that ruined it for others? I agree UA and Corrigan need to end this stuff.

GCS will be good also

Exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GCS will be good also

Saint Paul School for Girls and Glenelg Country School

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of the private schools, a few county thoughts:
Howard County: Two schools will contend for title: Glenelg and Marriotts Ridge
AA County: Severna Park
Carroll: Century or Westminster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of the private schools, a few county thoughts:
Howard County: Two schools will contend for title: Glenelg and Marriotts Ridge
AA County: Severna Park
Carroll: Century or Westminster

MRs days are over. Really only have one really strong player at this point. Not saying they lose to anyone other the Glenelg but they don’t have a shot at beating them either..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think SPSG will be in the top 3 because they lost to McD twice in OT and return all but a few starters from last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hereford for Baltimore County. I do not see MR in the same light as previous post. I think they will be pretty legit for the next few years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hereford ? Lost their 2 studs and didn’t win vs a weaker team in states last year. As long as that coach stays they will under achieve ! Count on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think SPSG will be in the top 3 because they lost to McD twice in OT and return all but a few starters from last year.

Fair assessment. At least you had a basis for what you said. Any new talent coming in? Still seem weak on the JV team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NorthEastLaxer
Who are your picks for the Top Girls Lacrosse Teams in each division and County?

McDonogh and SPSG should be top two teams this year.

Not sure why you’d think SPSG is going to be a top team. Basically a 500 team last year in the regular season and got a easy draw in the playoffs.

NDP and GCS were an easy draw in the playoffs last year? They took McD to double OT in both games last year and led most of the game both times. They had 6 losses last year and 4 of them were in OT or double OT. One was a one goal game and other was a 2 goal game. SPSG lost far less talent than any other teams. They lost 3 starters to ACL's last year that are back plus a transfer junior that will add more offense. Their defense was one of the tops in the league and all 4 starters are back for the 3rd straight season. They have 2 solid goalies this year. Not sure why anyone would think they won't be strong this season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NorthEastLaxer
Who are your picks for the Top Girls Lacrosse Teams in each division and County?

McDonogh and SPSG should be top two teams this year.

Not sure why you’d think SPSG is going to be a top team. Basically a 500 team last year in the regular season and got a easy draw in the playoffs.

NDP and GCS were an easy draw in the playoffs last year? They took McD to double OT in both games last year and led most of the game both times. They had 6 losses last year and 4 of them were in OT or double OT. One was a one goal game and other was a 2 goal game. SPSG lost far less talent than any other teams. They lost 3 starters to ACL's last year that are back plus a transfer junior that will add more offense. Their defense was one of the tops in the league and all 4 starters are back for the 3rd straight season. They have 2 solid goalies this year. Not sure why anyone would think they won't be strong this season.

Geez, calm down, take a breath. Don’t worry, no one thinks that now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who will be the top teams? Obviously McDonogh will start out that way.

SPSG is a .500 team, but very good coaching. Not sure they have anyone coming in to add value. But very good coaching. Will NDP be that good? They lost some power players and the JV is not that good.

Bryn Mar added some very good young goalies, but its Bryn Mar. Soooo....nope.

GCS is still the little sister trying to be cool.

Spalding loses a good amount of seniors, but returns some heavy hitters. Probably the best farm system JV team out there. They come in as national top25 team. Overreach perhaps? Coaching is suspect at times. Any young talent entering that program?

Will any others step up? Severn School...umm, No. St. Marys...has players. Gerstell...on the move for players but not there yet.

GCS is still the little sister trying to be cool...?...All they have done since moving to the A in 2017 is go 28-9 and make the semi final all 3 years. I'm pretty sure they're cooler than you.

Well...its a pretty top heavy league. Its always 4-5 team division. So being in that tier means you have something going for you all. Going to the semis every year is a fine feather for that hat. But what have they done against the top tier teams aligned with them?

They do not really compete with McDonogh, which is whom they are trying to emulate. So until that starts to happen, they will remain the little sister trying to be cool.

Be serious...GCS recruits heavily. That is no secret and they are not alone. They have the coaching ties and the name sake to throw around, but yet they just can not get over the hump. I am certain they will someday, but not there yet and not there this year.

Since only 1 team has beaten McD in the past 10 years or so, I guess every other school in the conference is the little sister. Based on that criteria, no one else has been any good. Seriously, you don't find it at all somewhat impressive that GCS has made been a top 3 team in the league since they moved up to the B conference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPSG is a .500 team, but very good coaching. Not sure they have anyone coming in to add value. But very good coaching. Will NDP be that good? They lost some power players and the JV is not that good.

Spalding loses a good amount of seniors, but returns some heavy hitters. Probably the best farm system JV team out there. They come in as national top25 team. Overreach perhaps? Coaching is suspect at times. Any young talent entering that program?

Will any others step up? Severn School...umm, No. St. Marys...has players. Gerstell...on the move for players but not there yet.

GCS is still the little sister trying to be cool...?...All they have done since moving to the A in 2017 is go 28-9 and make the semi final all 3 years. I'm pretty sure they're cooler than you.

Well...its a pretty top heavy league. Its always 4-5 team division. So being in that tier means you have something going for you all. Going to the semis every year is a fine feather for that hat. But what have they done against the top tier teams aligned with them?

They do not really compete with McDonogh, which is whom they are trying to emulate. So until that starts to happen, they will remain the little sister trying to be cool.

Be serious...GCS recruits heavily. That is no secret and they are not alone. They have the coaching ties and the name sake to throw around, but yet they just can not get over the hump. I am certain they will someday, but not there yet and not there this year.

Since only 1 team has beaten McD in the past 10 years or so, I guess every other school in the conference is the little sister. Based on that criteria, no one else has been any good. Seriously, you don't find it at all somewhat impressive that GCS has made been a top 3 team in the league since they moved up to the B conference?

I do think it is impressive to make that jump and be one of the top teams in the A conference, but they are too young this year and I would imagine will drop back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do think it is impressive to make that jump and be one of the top teams in the A conference, but they are too young this year and I would imagine will drop back.

McD will still dominate. NDP will keep things interesting. GCS will surprise many. SPSG will be the team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD will still dominate. NDP will keep things interesting. GCS will surprise many. SPSG will be the team to beat.

How can McD dominate but SPSG is the team to beat? Until someone beats McD you always assume McD will win. SPSG has a good starting group but doesn't have much depth which hurt them last year when they had so many injuries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone did beat McD and they still dominate. You can dominate a season and still get beat I think is what they wee trying to say. SP issues are last years issues. Their injured players are back and they didn’t lose a lot of key players. NDP will be stronger than People think. They have a big roster to work with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP roster is huge every year. Doesn’t make sense to have 40 girls dressed in uniform. How’s the MCD pipeline after this year? Has Taylor reloaded the roster, how will they look with her recruits? She’s basically us using Robinson’s players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP roster is huge every year. Doesn’t make sense to have 40 girls dressed in uniform. How’s the MCD pipeline after this year? Has Taylor reloaded the roster, how will they look with her recruits? She’s basically us using Robinson’s players.

One of the reasons CR left is because they were no longer supporting admission at the level they were in the past. After the 2020 class the amount of talent drops considerably. The 2021 class is weak. There are some good 2022 and 2023 players but they will no longer have the amazing depth they've had over the last decade plus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the reasons CR left is because they were no longer supporting admission at the level they were in the past. After the 2020 class the amount of talent drops considerably. The 2021 class is weak. There are some good 2022 and 2023 players but they will no longer have the amazing depth they've had over the last decade plus.

Her hiring has been an advantage for other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone did beat McD and they still dominate. You can dominate a season and still get beat I think is what they wee trying to say. SP issues are last years issues. Their injured players are back and they didn’t lose a lot of key players. NDP will be stronger than People think. They have a big roster to work with.

While McD went undefeated last year they had a lot of close games. Granted they won them all but they are definitely coming back to the pack. SPSG took them to double OT both games. They had 2 close games with Spalding. So I wouldn't necessarily say the dominated the league last year. At least not in the manor they used to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her hiring has been an advantage for other programs.

I don't know about that. Many kids(and parents) are drawn to McD because of her. Everyone in girls lacrosse knows who TC is and her name has a lot of pull. That said, I'm not sure how much work she puts into identifying talent at the younger ages that some of the other coaches do. That combined with the decline in admissions assistance makes it harder. We will see. I fully expect them to be very good this season but those players were brought in by CR. Next year should provide some clarity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other A conference schools upgraded their coaching and started recruiting with offers of money and playing time. That is the reason Mcdonogh is not as deep as they have been in the past. NDP is a larger school and much less expensive, hence the big roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how successful these coaches would be at a public HS without the recruiting and CR rep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t think of anymore than 5 standouts/bluechip in club for 2023. And none are at McD! McD has some athletes but they have more girls who are average but throw a lot of money and time into training & private coaching which makes them ok players. Watch out for St Paul’s and NDP, MV & BM in the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how successful these coaches would be at a public HS without the recruiting and CR rep.

CR coached at a public high school in Howard County and was very successful.

But I get what you're saying.... If private school had to work with whoever came to their school (via their geographic boundries) as opposed to recruiting like college coaches do - MOST would not be anywhere near as successful.

The same goes for academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR coached at a public high school in Howard County and was very successful.

But I get what you're saying.... If private school had to work with whoever came to their school (via their geographic boundries) as opposed to recruiting like college coaches do - MOST would not be anywhere near as successful.

The same goes for academics.

you put any of the private schools coaches at a public hs like glenelg, dulaney, hebron, hereford, townson, serverna park, southriver and to a certain extent catonsville they would be successful because these areas have good feeder programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAn anyone give any insight into what to expect playing at high school level vs what you’re used to in a competitive club level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally depends on which HS. My D's played in hotbed area so HS team was from all the clubs in MD. Hard to get on the field and we won State Championships frequently . Some of the HS teams that were in the region were horrible and got smoked but if kid had a pulse they could start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CAn anyone give any insight into what to expect playing at high school level vs what you’re used to in a competitive club level?

It depends if you are talking IAAM or public. While there are some some good public school teams a majority of their schedule is against pretty weak competition. Playing in the IAAM is a grind. Much faster and much more physical that competitive 8th grade club lacrosse. Plenty of freshman have stepped up and been key players on teams though so if your daughter is up to the challenge there's no reason she can't be successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding insider here. If they are going to make run at the playoffs this is the year. If the HC can keep the daddy ball in check they have a shot. Team has some talent. But there is nothing in the pipeline to keep them rolling. Jv this year will be B C level club players. Wish them all good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding insider here. If they are going to make run at the playoffs this is the year. If the HC can keep the daddy ball in check they have a shot. Team has some talent. But there is nothing in the pipeline to keep them rolling. Jv this year will be B C level club players. Wish them all good luck.

Haha you must be joking. Spalding V had a great run last year and strong girls are still on the team. Spalding JV was the strongest in the league. Daddy ball is at McDonogh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha you must be joking. Spalding V had a great run last year and strong girls are still on the team. Spalding JV was the strongest in the league. Daddy ball is at McDonogh.

Spalding has no goalie this year and Gunning was a key part of their success the last two years. KO will always keep them in games though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t think of anymore than 5 standouts/bluechip in club for 2023. And none are at McD! McD has some athletes but they have more girls who are average but throw a lot of money and time into training & private coaching which makes them ok players. Watch out for St Paul’s and NDP, MV & BM in the next few years.

Not sure why you would think Maryvale or Bryn Mawr would be contenders in the next few years. Most of the 2021-2023 talent is at SPSG, Glenelg Country, NDP and MCD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure by what metric you are basing your strongest JV claim by. They lost to SPSG and McD that I know of. And SPSG is a small school. If the girls were any good on the JV team they'd have been on Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryvale has an exceptional freshman class this year. Some of those girls will probably be on the varsity roster this year. Give them a year or two and they could be really good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why you would think Maryvale or Bryn Mawr would be contenders in the next few years. Most of the 2021-2023 talent is at SPSG, Glenelg Country, NDP and MCD

I guess you don't know the 2023 class very well. Maryvale got some great lacrosse players in their freshman class this year. I know they have 6 girls from the 2023 Skywalkers Blue team. They also got some great girls from some other programs. Time will tell but their freshman class is loaded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell your girls that all they need to do to be successful is to just score points.
Just shoot the ball in, don't be afraid.
Don't wait for the right time and just go for it.
Be brave and follow through.
Signed - Dad who has spent thousands of dollars and sat through countless games where the girls never got it together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you don't know the 2023 class very well. Maryvale got some great lacrosse players in their freshman class this year. I know they have 6 girls from the 2023 Skywalkers Blue team. They also got some great girls from some other programs. Time will tell but their freshman class is loaded.

BMS will be better this year as well. Several good players in the 9th and 10th grade. They will likely struggle against the bigger schools given their class sizes and ratio of mathlete/athlete but they will be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the 2023 class just fine. And I know that SW is not one of the better teams at 2023. The M&D and Heros girls went to SPSG, GCS and McD as I said. I'm sure many 2023s will make Varsity at MV this year because the team isn't very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BMS will be better this year as well. Several good players in the 9th and 10th grade. They will likely struggle against the bigger schools given their class sizes and ratio of mathlete/athlete but they will be competitive.

BM was competitive last year offensively but they couldn't defend and didn't have very good goalie play. Unless they get better on that end they will struggle

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 116 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard