BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2027-5th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick with the Athlete Zone. I agree the the post "don't consider" heard nothing good about them. Many other options

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the summer the Rotanz position camp is run very well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 Hawks have 2 holdbacks BUT start two 2028’s. They pretty much even out. 2027 Hawks just beat everyone.

-Hawks dad and someone who knows.

91 is the best team we’ve played in the three years we’ve been together. They beat us by a goal on Long Island. We smoked them by 4 goals in Baltimore.

2027 lost 5-4 to a Laxachusetts team in 2018. Those are only two losses for that Hawks team since its creation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you, hawks are just a great team. Unfortunately when your on Long Island and team 91 loses we have to hear them cry like babies and make excuses . Sad bunch of people. They cry “ holdbacks .....did you see the size of those kids etc...“ I wouldn’t pay any attention to what they have to say, just sour grapes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the 2027 Hawks roster as it is currently constituted qualify for World Series of Youth Lacrosse? BC that's usually where it all goes south for the MD folks who say hold back argument is "sour grapes" etc.

If you would qualify then good for the Hawks, they are legit!

If not, well then not so legit

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will the 2027 Hawks roster as it is currently constituted qualify for World Series of Youth Lacrosse? BC that's usually where it all goes south for the MD folks who say hold back argument is "sour grapes" etc.

If you would qualify then good for the Hawks, they are legit!

If not, well then not so legit

Not a chance Hawks Dad. You probably are misinformed there buddy. Maryland never shows up and never will because they can’t stay within the age based rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is 91 the only club on long island that cries when the Hawks beat them? I don't see anyone else on long island whiningh and complaining like you do. We have been beaten by better clubs in different years such as express 2025. Never hear them crying like you do. They get on the field and play ball. What a serious bunch of cry babies .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is 91 the only club on long island that cries when the Hawks beat them? I don't see anyone else on long island whiningh and complaining like you do. We have been beaten by better clubs in different years such as express 2025. Never hear them crying like you do. They get on the field and play ball. What a serious bunch of cry babies .

answer: nobody likes team 91 on LI. 91 is an example of no team spirit, ripping parents off, kids stabbing each other in the back, parents are meatheads, coaches couldn't care less about the players. List goes on, but don't want to bore you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year with the Turtles. My son was formerly on another club team which I will not name bc I do not want to say anything negative. Thus far the Turtle organization has been great. The team size is manageable, the trainers know the game, the gear is by far the best I have seen and we have 2 training times per week indoors. The training that they offer for a cost and is open to everyone varies from trainer to trainer and is based on experience and number of attendees. So for people come on and say "look elsewhere' is kind of nonsense if you do not have first hand knowledge. Long Island is saturated with way too many club teams. I can only speak from my experience and I have been with 3 different clubs for my 3 children throughout the years. Thus far the Turtles have been first class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know which

answer: nobody likes team 91 on LI. 91 is an example of no team spirit, ripping parents off, kids stabbing each other in the back, parents are meatheads, coaches couldn't care less about the players. List goes on, but don't want to bore you.

Don't know what year you are speaking of but there is none of that on our team it is the actual opposite of everything you said pretty funny to see what people think 91 is about .. kids love playing together and are great with each other off the field as well they have fun and the coach is amazing couldn't ask for a better team to each is own

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above posting....have seen it first hand...91 is cut throat, back stabbing at its finest. I have personally listened to parents throw kids from their own towns that are good friends with their sons right under the bus to prop their own kid up. Toxic sidelines, to the extent that even the coaches call the parents toxic .....but of course the parents think BS is their best friend lol, quite funny actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year with the Turtles. My son was formerly on another club team which I will not name bc I do not want to say anything negative. Thus far the Turtle organization has been great. The team size is manageable, the trainers know the game, the gear is by far the best I have seen and we have 2 training times per week indoors. The training that they offer for a cost and is open to everyone varies from trainer to trainer and is based on experience and number of attendees. So for people come on and say "look elsewhere' is kind of nonsense if you do not have first hand knowledge. Long Island is saturated with way too many club teams. I can only speak from my experience and I have been with 3 different clubs for my 3 children throughout the years. Thus far the Turtles have been first class.

I was with the organization last year. Yes, the gear is nice, the training facility is small. As for substance; NONE. Like any other organization it's a personal fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was with the organization last year. Yes, the gear is nice, the training facility is small. As for substance; NONE. Like any other organization it's a personal fit.

Mighty "Joe" is going to get your IP address and remove you from the team for your post...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above posting....have seen it first hand...91 is cut throat, back stabbing at its finest. I have personally listened to parents throw kids from their own towns that are good friends with their sons right under the bus to prop their own kid up. Toxic sidelines, to the extent that even the coaches call the parents toxic .....but of course the parents think BS is their best friend lol, quite funny actually.

Would love to know what teams you are speaking of sounds like like the usual 91 is terrible not every club is going to be your cup of tea .. but geez there are a lot of haters on this board more like high school. This is a 5th grade thread about lacrosse and information about clubs if you have so much detest towards a club keep it to yourself and enjoy little Johnny's experience on his own team smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't have a training facility last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why you're so surprised 91 dad. The reason for the detest as you put it is your club is filled with parents with big mouths and trashy comments . So yes, people detest trash. One can only take so many lies and trash talk before they put you in your place . Simple as that .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think this goes for most clubs I've heard trashy parents from multiple travel teams but again let's try and keep this thread positive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s unbelievable some of the stuff you people post about which team is better . Talk about other organization, coaches . In the end this sport will stop after college if little Johnny decides to play in college if he’s not burnt out because he played 4 days a week since he was 7 . My nephew went to a great D1 program about 6 yrs ago and guess what he hardly got much money to play and now hasn’t pick up a stick in a yr. His time in college was 6 days a week of workouts , practices and sometimes 2 times a day. Never went on spring break . The coaches didn’t care how he was doing in the classroom etc.... Now he’s in the police academy very happy and could of done the same thing going to a local college and saving his parents a ton of money . A lot of these guys come out of school and say wow that was a fast 4 years and it was miserable a sport I played my whole life with no end result and no job ready . What’s next doing $50 a hour cash clinics ? Relax parents your team maybe better then that team and so ?? Enjoy it now because there zero future beyond college . JMO . Stop drinking the lacrosse koolaid and smoking the Laxcrack because end results is nothing . Enjoy the development for your young son because I bet he rather be riding his bike then dragging him all over the place because he plays for the “best” team . Also I love the dads that are insane and have Zero Athletic ability , I just shake my head and laugh look at this hammerhead !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s unbelievable some of the stuff you people post about which team is better . Talk about other organization, coaches . In the end this sport will stop after college if little Johnny decides to play in college if he’s not burnt out because he played 4 days a week since he was 7 . My nephew went to a great D1 program about 6 yrs ago and guess what he hardly got much money to play and now hasn’t pick up a stick in a yr. His time in college was 6 days a week of workouts , practices and sometimes 2 times a day. Never went on spring break . The coaches didn’t care how he was doing in the classroom etc.... Now he’s in the police academy very happy and could of done the same thing going to a local college and saving his parents a ton of money . A lot of these guys come out of school and say wow that was a fast 4 years and it was miserable a sport I played my whole life with no end result and no job ready . What’s next doing $50 a hour cash clinics ? Relax parents your team maybe better then that team and so ?? Enjoy it now because there zero future beyond college . JMO . Stop drinking the lacrosse koolaid and smoking the Laxcrack because end results is nothing . Enjoy the development for your young son because I bet he rather be riding his bike then dragging him all over the place because he plays for the “best” team . Also I love the dads that are insane and have Zero Athletic ability , I just shake my head and laugh look at this hammerhead !!!

A post that you don’t see much the truth that some detest to believe !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A post that you don’t see much the truth that some don’t like to believe !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot's of truth here. Lol. I spend 4 years in a D1 college sports program albeit not for lacrosse and much of this is true about life as a college athlete. If you are male and can get a full ride in football or basketball...go for it otherwise the return on investment is garbage and not worth burning your kid out.

Also I should add regardless of your kids stick skills, jump shot, forehand, or any other sport specific skill..... if they are not tremendous athletes with speed and agility and the speed is largely born with. (Read the research, you are not moving the needle much with speed training) they will not get that D1 scholarship anyway.

The girls that played tennis at a college I worked for were such tremendous atheltes that they would beat most guys in one on one basketball...... athleticism and speed trumps nearly everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot's of truth here. Lol. I spend 4 years in a D1 college sports program albeit not for lacrosse and much of this is true about life as a college athlete. If you are male and can get a full ride in football or basketball...go for it otherwise the return on investment is garbage and not worth burning your kid out.

Also I should add regardless of your kids stick skills, jump shot, forehand, or any other sport specific skill..... if they are not tremendous athletes with speed and agility and the speed is largely born with. (Read the research, you are not moving the needle much with speed training) they will not get that D1 scholarship anyway.

The girls that played tennis at a college I worked for were such tremendous atheltes that they would beat most guys in one on one basketball...... athleticism and speed trumps nearly everything.

Both those post should be put on every topic on this Forum . Truth hurts !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems all the loud mouths are done talking badly about others , coaches , kids and organizations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems all the loud mouths are done talking badly about others , coaches , kids and organizations.

Dam, why the heck did I go out and invest in the big SUV, along with the Yeti soft cooler? My little Cooper looks the part, hair cut, and matching swag. I drag him to at least 3 to 4 clinics weekly and speed and agility on Fridays . Since we are the picture perfect family, I just love talking about my son and self. I'm a PAL daddy coach, also a part of my towns lax program board, and a school teacher by trade. My position on the board allows me to control/ retain an advantage over the inner workings of our town program. Not to mention, I consider myself very knowledgeable and a mover/ shaker within the youth lax program. I've already spoken to Cooper's MS coach about his playing time and position on the team when he arrives. I forgot, I'm good friends with the District's AD, so Cooper is set. I have to admit though, he hates physical contact and lacrosse is the only sport he plays. He's a tough kid as long as I'm around. I don't know what he would do without me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, I know this guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, I know this guy!

Does he wear an orange shirt, hat, and shorts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not a shot at anyone's post. I tend to agree with everything minus one small thing that I find important. The lax culture and landscape is filled to the B with success stories outside of lacrosse that started as a relationship on the field. Let's face it, the sport has money. I know guys on the west cost who are wildly successful because of a lacrosse connection and someone's dad owned this hedge fund or is CEO at that investment bank. I have no vision of my son making a dime off this sport past college, but the connections he can make, at least from what I see, can last a lifetime and are beyond invaluable. For me, any help I can provide to give him a leg up to get accepted to a school he may not get in to without lacrosse is a bonus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the posts on Div 1 colleges...I've read that even at the best teams (Duke, etc.) there are only 12 or so scholarships, and so they have to be split between the players on the roster. My son is in one of the "big" clubs but I'd be perfectly happy for him just to make his varsity team when he's older, make connections and friendships, study hard, play for one of the good D3 or club programs, and leverage his education and connections for a good career. If that ends up happening, then all of this crazy club stuff we do is worth it....just my two cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding 91...I am a 91 parent, but both of my kids have played a variety of travel sports, and in my opinion, there is no higher proportion of crazy lunatic 91 parents than there is for any other LI lax club, or any soccer program, or basketball, etc. Go to a big soccer tournament sometime and get a load of the some of the parent sideline antics. There is a standard distribution of people in all walks of life where some people are a*holes, some are super-nice, and plenty fall somewhere in between.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not a shot at anyone's post. I tend to agree with everything minus one small thing that I find important. The lax culture and landscape is filled to the B with success stories outside of lacrosse that started as a relationship on the field. Let's face it, the sport has money. I know guys on the west cost who are wildly successful because of a lacrosse connection and someone's dad owned this hedge fund or is CEO at that investment bank. I have no vision of my son making a dime off this sport past college, but the connections he can make, at least from what I see, can last a lifetime and are beyond invaluable. For me, any help I can provide to give him a leg up to get accepted to a school he may not get in to without lacrosse is a bonus.

I agree that though they have to sacrifice a lot to be a student athlete there can be some fun and memorable life experiences they wouldn't get if they didn't play. Sure, certain opportunities can present themselves but not sure if anymore than if they put themselves into other venues of life and similar opportunities could present themselves.

I guess my posts is since 2% for D1 and a little more for D 2 and 3 of the young 10 year old players will ever become good enough to play at that level maybe some parents should temper their expectations at least untill they are in HS. As good as a kid looks at 10-11 with a stick there is a reason why such a small percentage plays at that level.

But sure, if your kid becomes that player and choose that student life and understand going in that opens that door and maybe it will pay off with other opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
possibly the

Dam, why the heck did I go out and invest in the big SUV, along with the Yeti soft cooler? My little Cooper looks the part, hair cut, and matching swag. I drag him to at least 3 to 4 clinics weekly and speed and agility on Fridays . Since we are the picture perfect family, I just love talking about my son and self. I'm a PAL daddy coach, also a part of my towns lax program board, and a school teacher by trade. My position on the board allows me to control/ retain an advantage over the inner workings of our town program. Not to mention, I consider myself very knowledgeable and a mover/ shaker within the youth lax program. I've already spoken to Cooper's MS coach about his playing time and position on the team when he arrives. I forgot, I'm good friends with the District's AD, so Cooper is set. I have to admit though, he hates physical contact and lacrosse is the only sport he plays. He's a tough kid as long as I'm around. I don't know what he would do without me.

Quite possibly the best post I've read on BOC - the manufactured life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this will end the rest of the yr will clubs do the right thing and give part of tuition back to the paying families ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this will end the rest of the yr will clubs do the right thing and give part of tuition back to the paying families ?

Doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it.

They should . All these clubs is shady business and business owners. When they want there money though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they wont , still have Legacy charging $125 per person for extra tournament fee. Every year they do it . Wake up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my money back 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my money back 91.

Start off by calling or emailing . You probably wont typical lacrosse parent wont rock the body.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want my money back 91.

Start off by calling or emailing . You probably wont typical lacrosse parent wont rock the body.

Rock the boat *

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give clubs time because though it is not looking good not sure if it is a done deal to cancel entire spring summer....if no tuition adjustments are made then all heck will break loose with parents whether 91, Legacy, Ogloo or name your club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give clubs time because though it is not looking good not sure if it is a done deal to cancel entire spring summer....if no tuition adjustments are made then all heck will break loose with parents whether 91, Legacy, Ogloo or name your club

Agree on that .

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard