BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 324 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 323 324
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lax season is less than a month away for High School in MD! MIAA is going to be very competitive this year with Calvert Hall leading the way again. Who will challenge them this year? St.Mary's again or someone else? Can anyone take down Severna Park in 4A (5 ships this decade including 4 in a row) or Westminister in 3A? MD lacrosse has never been better across the board!

Hall takes it easy again..maybe one upset lost but no problem with the rest of MIAA. Unless other MIAA schools get up to date and recruit some out of state talent, expect CH to dominate for years to come.

I have BL and McD fighting for 2nd and 3rd and Loyola, Gilman, StM and Spalding coming up the rear . Spalding will surprise a few people this year.

As long as the Kellys keep stealing $ from city hospitals and funneling it to Calvert Hall Athletics, CH will crush everyone!

Yes exactly, the coach of the decade MUST be something else other than a great coach. I heard that he was in ukraine last year too... hmmmm

Easy to be coach of the decade when money being handed out to star athletes is unlimited!! That kingdom will come crashing to the ground soon enough.

Give us the real scoop why you dont like CH, Son get cut? FCA say No to him, CH standards to high? What happened? I bet that is more interesting than these reasons, Inquiring minds want to know !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax season is less than a month away for High School in MD! MIAA is going to be very competitive this year with Calvert Hall leading the way again. Who will challenge them this year? St.Mary's again or someone else? Can anyone take down Severna Park in 4A (5 ships this decade including 4 in a row) or Westminister in 3A? MD lacrosse has never been better across the board!

Hall takes it easy again..maybe one upset lost but no problem with the rest of MIAA. Unless other MIAA schools get up to date and recruit some out of state talent, expect CH to dominate for years to come.

I have BL and McD fighting for 2nd and 3rd and Loyola, Gilman, StM and Spalding coming up the rear . Spalding will surprise a few people this year.

As long as the Kellys keep stealing $ from city hospitals and funneling it to Calvert Hall Athletics, CH will crush everyone!

Yes exactly, the coach of the decade MUST be something else other than a great coach. I heard that he was in ukraine last year too... hmmmm

Easy to be coach of the decade when money being handed out to star athletes is unlimited!! That kingdom will come crashing to the ground soon enough.

Give us the real scoop why you dont like CH, Son get cut? FCA say No to him, CH standards to high? What happened? I bet that is more interesting than these reasons, Inquiring minds want to know !

Its frustrating for others. CH is #1. You never detest on #4. And not only is CH #1, they charge 30% less for tuition, have better academic tracks, genuine leaders, and accept students from all walks of life. When you go to a country club, members only- private school, feel entitled to success, expect to be advantaged, and then realize its not adding up, the only thing you have left is to rag on #1, accuse them of cheating, and post on message boards whilst sipping on southsides after paddle tennis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to niche.com best private schools in the area Calvert Hall in rankled #40 just ahead of #41 Spalding lol. All other miaa schools rank ahead of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to niche.com best private schools in the area Calvert Hall in rankled #40 just ahead of #41 Spalding lol. All other miaa schools rank ahead of them.

7/27/2018
Calvert Hall was recognized by The Daily Record as the Top Winner in the Best Private High School category on July 26, 2018 during their annual recognition ceremony at The assembly Room.

Yelp + People Magazine = Niche.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH is a public school that charges tuition

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7/27/2018
Calvert Hall was recognized by The Daily Record as the Top Winner in the Best Private High School category on July 26, 2018 during their annual recognition ceremony at The assembly Room.

Yelp + People Magazine = Niche.com

Hey mom you do know those awards are paid for right? If I’m not mistaken Loyola, SP and BL were all awarded similar awards by other other publications. It’s all smoke and mirrors and a marketing ploy. Common we can’t be this naive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall is Ranked #1 High School In Baltimore for a reason- they are doing it better than the rest. 1,200 awesome students going on to be great men. Amen.

Thank you for the info CH dad. I bet your son is the best player on the team. You have that confidence about you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You detest #1 because of the shady nonsense that they’ve been doing in recent years to become #1. I think the comparison to what Gilman did with their football program is valid. Similar to the Patriots, people detest them because of their history of bending the rules to win Super Bowls.

In the long term who cares about all this? Those same CH kids will be working for my kid... if they pass the background check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You detest #1 because of the shady nonsense that they’ve been doing in recent years to become #1. I think the comparison to what Gilman did with their football program is valid. Similar to the Patriots, people detest them because of their history of bending the rules to win Super Bowls.

In the long term who cares about all this? Those same CH kids will be working for my kid... if they pass the background check.

Why it matters is because its time to teach the next generations that hard work matters- in the long term too. In the long term, its not where you go to school or what you are told you are entitled to. As evidenced here on these boards, parents are leading their kids toward condescension, judgement, and disappointment- in the long term. We plant seeds on message boards that may take root one day leading you to peace and kindness. You never know. What is certain however, is that many posting on this service haven't found God and purpose yet in their lives. CH is teaching through lacrosse, and all its curriculum, how to be successful. 3 championships in a row, hopefully 4, is just the fruit of hard work, leadership, and character. Not to mention, winning lacrosse championships is fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall is Ranked #1 High School In Baltimore for a reason- they are doing it better than the rest. 1,200 awesome students going on to be great men. Amen.

Thank you for the info CH dad. I bet your son is the best player on the team. You have that confidence about you.

Everyone at CH has confidence- thats why they win. They know they are doing it better. You could bench the best players at CH and they still would win. There are 50 kids on the team- can't compete with the volume of players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why it matters is because its time to teach the next generations that hard work matters- in the long term too. In the long term, its not where you go to school or what you are told you are entitled to. As evidenced here on these boards, parents are leading their kids toward condescension, judgement, and disappointment- in the long term. We plant seeds on message boards that may take root one day leading you to peace and kindness. You never know. What is certain however, is that many posting on this service haven't found God and purpose yet in their lives. CH is teaching through lacrosse, and all its curriculum, how to be successful. 3 championships in a row, hopefully 4, is just the fruit of hard work, leadership, and character. Not to mention, winning lacrosse championships is fun.

You lost me when you invoked God and mentioned character. Spend 5 minutes watching and listening to Scott Rodgers on social media. The fact that he coaches kids at CHC and simultaneously goes off the rails on social media on a daily basis is proof that neither God or character trump lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lost me when you invoked God and mentioned character. Spend 5 minutes watching and listening to Scott Rodgers on social media. The fact that he coaches kids at CHC and simultaneously goes off the rails on social media on a daily basis is proof that neither God or character trump lacrosse.

Scott Rodgers is the best!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone at CH has confidence- thats why they win.

Well, yeah, but you forgot to mention how it took most of them that extra year to gain such confidence.
Good luck this season. I am sure you will do your best to keep all of us informed. Hoorah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone at CH has confidence- thats why they win. They know they are doing it better. You could bench the best players at CH and they still would win. There are 50 kids on the team- can't compete with the volume of players.
Yeah....Just ask their Basketball, Football, and wrestling teams.....Come on man.... Don't act like they dominate in everything.... Lacrosse is 1 sport...... The best athletes are well rounded and your lacrosse superstars have been getting their butts kicked all Fall and Winter in other sports...... You Elite lacrosse athletes should perform this spring.... They should be well rested

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. He’s whack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude is a total hammerhead box....He must be hanging around that dork Paul Rabil....Wonder how many rainbows Rabil brings to the PLL this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who spend the most win the most. Just like St Frances in football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched SP and Loyola dominate the A Conference in pre-2000 decades, getting a Program to the spot where CHC is right now is about three things: 1) recruiting enough (4-6 per year potential blue chippers), who are the right kind of kids (from the right kind of families), 2) putting an experienced staff of coaches together (great coordinators: OC and DC, a face off coach, a goalie coach and several other young but knowledgeable assistants. Encouraging young coaches to bring modern concepts into the Program without upsetting the apple cart and 3) Creating competition at every position: being 2 and even 3 deep at every position makes every practice better competition than most games. Ask the alums of the dominant Programs of yesteryear (SP and LB) and they'll tell you to a man, practice was much harder than games. Healthy competition, playing with the best, excellent instruction and the toughest League in the country were and are a great recipe for a premier Program.

Look CHC has always wanted to be great at lacrosse and were often very good, just not this consistantly: The Cards always had a ton of kids, etc. What has changed is the following: 1) better and deeper coaching staff, 2) more developed regional and even national recruiting and 3) a new weight room (don't under estimate the impact a good weight training program can have on both a football and lacrosse program).

In closing, don't be envious, learn from the Cards to the extent possible and improve upon the standard they set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH is a public school that charges tuition

But better because it is practically connected to the strip mall with a Target!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched SP and Loyola dominate the A Conference in pre-2000 decades, getting a Program to the spot where CHC is right now is about three things: 1) recruiting enough (4-6 per year potential blue chippers), who are the right kind of kids (from the right kind of families), 2) putting an experienced staff of coaches together (great coordinators: OC and DC, a face off coach, a goalie coach and several other young but knowledgeable assistants. Encouraging young coaches to bring modern concepts into the Program without upsetting the apple cart and 3) Creating competition at every position: being 2 and even 3 deep at every position makes every practice better competition than most games. Ask the alums of the dominant Programs of yesteryear (SP and LB) and they'll tell you to a man, practice was much harder than games. Healthy competition, playing with the best, excellent instruction and the toughest League in the country were and are a great recipe for a premier Program.

Look CHC has always wanted to be great at lacrosse and were often very good, just not this consistantly: The Cards always had a ton of kids, etc. What has changed is the following: 1) better and deeper coaching staff, 2) more developed regional and even national recruiting and 3) a new weight room (don't under estimate the impact a good weight training program can have on both a football and lacrosse program).

In closing, don't be envious, learn from the Cards to the extent possible and improve upon the standard they set.

4) upper classmen leadership, year after year,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was an entirely different era and landscape. All about the money today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. All about the money...MCD, SP, BL, GILMAN are 30kplus a year to Attend. CH is half. If you are a top talent kid from a middle class family where are you going to send your kid??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true then it is especially interesting that SM (cheapest school in the A Conference, part of a catholic parish, no fields on its pretty basic campus, zero kids living on campus or with the coaches, no Pennsylvania or Delaware commuters, no holdbacks, and only about 60 boys per grade) has won a championship more recently than BL, Gilman, Loyola, St. Pauls and has played in a championship game more recently than BL, Gilman, Loyola, St. Pauls, McDonogh.

Clearly there is more to it than just money...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is going to great this year. They will surprise a few teams this year. They are really good. Going to surprise a few teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SM had a FOGO who was 85%. It was make it take all year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try but that player was a senior in college when SM played in the championship game last season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try but that player was a senior in college when SM played in the championship game last season.

Replying to the comment that SM was the last to win. Which team do you think spends the most money in the MIAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SM also had PLL rookie of the year goalie and Laxer watchlister on their 15 team. The difference being, on that team and all their teams - the kids are local. No one is from Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Delaware, etc. Long history of quality lacrosse at that school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most improved team 2020 Spalding. Team with biggest letdown will be SP as top player out for year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Replying to the comment that SM was the last to win. Which team do you think spends the most money in the MIAA?

Best kids in AA Country play for Hawks and Hawks go to SM. Baltimore club scene too fragmented and diluted to benefit 1 school. CH size and cost huge advantages vs the rest of the Baltimore MIAA. BL having boarders will make things interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Replying to the comment that SM was the last to win. Which team do you think spends the most money in the MIAA

Best kids in AA Country play for Hawks and Hawks go to SM. Baltimore club scene too fragmented and diluted to benefit 1 school. CH size and cost huge advantages vs the rest of the Baltimore MIAA. BL having boarders will make things interesting.

When did BL start boarding and where are they housing them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding is going to great this year. They will surprise a few teams this year. They are really good. Going to surprise a few teams this year.

Got that Right. New Sheriff in town ! Well , maybe a new Deputy .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true then it is especially interesting that SM (cheapest school in the A Conference, part of a catholic parish, no fields on its pretty basic campus, zero kids living on campus or with the coaches, no Pennsylvania or Delaware commuters, no holdbacks, and only about 60 boys per grade) has won a championship more recently than BL, Gilman, Loyola, St. Pauls and has played in a championship game more recently than BL, Gilman, Loyola, St. Pauls, McDonogh.

Clearly there is more to it than just money...

You had to go for broke with the " no holdbacks", All MIAA teams have holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC is winning championships because 3/4 of ALL of the kids who play lacrosse there are in the gym 5x/week for the ENTIRE off season (summer, fall, and winter). They are also playing wall ball and doing other things that are pretty boring and mundane to most but keep skills sharp because they have to pass a wall ball test just to be allowed the opportunity to try out. Starters are expected to be the best at all benchmarks (on and off field) for their position. The standards are different because the number of kids who want to play there allow them to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC is winning championships because 3/4 of ALL of the kids who play lacrosse there are in the gym 5x/week for the ENTIRE off season (summer, fall, and winter). They are also playing wall ball and doing other things that are pretty boring and mundane to most but keep skills sharp because they have to pass a wall ball test just to be allowed the opportunity to try out. Starters are expected to be the best at all benchmarks (on and off field) for their position. The standards are different because the number of kids who want to play there allow them to be.

Total BS; 1/2 the team play multiple sports which is encouraged by the HC. What percentage of the kids are out of state that are on Varsity and actually play? So in other words of the top 20 kids how many are native Marylander?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Replying to the comment that SM was the last to win. Which team do you think spends the most money in the MIAA

When did BL start boarding and where are they housing them?

Here's one name for you Rocco Romero. Google it. BL has been bringing kids out of state for long before Calvert Hall. The same with McDonogh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total BS; 1/2 the team play multiple sports which is encouraged by the HC. What percentage of the kids are out of state that are on Varsity and actually play? So in other words of the top 20 kids how many are native Marylander?

Dear BS, There are about 6 varsity football players 1 varsity soccer player. No basketball players and no wrestlers. There may be 3 players from PA. "Starters are expected to be the best at all benchmarks (on and off field) for their position. The standards are different because the number of kids who want to play there allow them to be." AGREED. Its a lacrosse PROGRAM not a lacrosse team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4) upper classmen leadership, year after year,

## 5 Players from 2019 CH team on US final 27 man roster... that's ridiculous... and ... a combination of talent, coaching, and hard work. You can't deny that in any way. Calvert hall is making good players into champions. They are the highest level of HS lacrosse bar none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. Not a CH fan , but all teams in MIAA have out of state kids. I mean come on.. even SP has a kid from North Carolina who lives with the head coach!! People only calling out CH because they win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear BS, There are about 6 varsity football players 1 varsity soccer player. No basketball players and no wrestlers. There may be 3 players from PA. "Starters are expected to be the best at all benchmarks (on and off field) for their position. The standards are different because the number of kids who want to play there allow them to be." AGREED. Its a lacrosse PROGRAM not a lacrosse team.

Several sports at CH are competitive enough that playing multiple ones is extremely tough. Lots of kids play a few sports their first two years there and then commit to only one. It is the largest of the boys’ schools in town and the numbers make it possible to cut those that don’t make the cut for any sport. Like someone else said, there are approximately a handful of kids who play anything other than lacrosse as upperclassmen. For this year’s varsity team there is one kid from PA....one kid out of more than 50. And from what I’m hearing that’s not unlike any other school in town. There are more than 20 seniors this year and more than 20 are committed to play college lacrosse (most at D1 level). One of those is the kid from PA. Do you have any other questions about the team that you obviously love to detest?

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 324 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 323 324
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard