01/30/20 10:28 PM
01/30/20 10:28 PM
E
EMT_MentalSkills Online content
Back of THE CAGE
EMT_MentalSkills  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
E

Empower Mental Training (EMT) is based on Long Island and led by Chris Nieves, MS who is a Mental Skills Training & Sport Psychology Consultant. EMT's mental training is for both Male & Female lacrosse players, Ages 14+

• Training is recommended for any lacrosse player who aspires to play at the collegiate level
  • Sessions are held in person or through videochat (Skype, Facetime)
  • Contact EMT by Phone at (516) 424-1756 or Email EMT at info@EmpowerMentalTraining.com

Feel free to check out our website: EmpowerMentalTraining.com or send me an email at info@EmpowerMentalTraining.com if you have any questions or would like more information. I also offer a FREE 20 minute session to any interested athlete to try our training out and learn more. We are based here on Long Island and offer sessions through video chat (Skype, FaceTime) or in person.

Thanks,

Chris Nieves, MS
Empower Mental Training Director
Site: www.EmpowerMentalTraining.com
Email: info@EmpowerMentalTraining.com
Phone: (516) 424-1756

Reply Quote
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #299139
02/12/20 07:51 PM
02/12/20 07:51 PM
Bethpage
B
BOTC_EVENTS Online content

Back of THE CAGE
BOTC_EVENTS  Online Content

Back of THE CAGE
B

Bethpage
With the start of the lacrosse season almost a month away, now is the perfect time to work on your mindset for the upcoming season. Want to learn how to be more confident and less nervous/stressed? Want to learn how to be more mentally tough and focused on the field? Now is the time to learn valuable skills that will enhance your overall performance, reach your goals, and help you have a more empowered mindset.

Interested? Feel free to check out our website: www.empowermentaltraining.com to learn more about our coaching. Also, contact us at 516-424-1756 or info@empowermentaltraining.com if you have any questions. We also do offer a FREE 20 minute session to any interested athlete to try it out and learn more. Come try it out!

Chris Nieves, MS
Empower Mental Training Director
www.EmpowerMentalTraining.com

Reply Quote
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #299144
02/12/20 11:21 PM
02/12/20 11:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to be a skeptic but...... come on man!

Please let kids be kids and simply play the game. 👍😁

Reply Quote
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #299145
02/12/20 11:41 PM
02/12/20 11:41 PM
L
Laxers412 Online content
Back of THE CAGE
Laxers412  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
L

From what I saw, its extremely affordable and they offer a free consultation so if you don't like it, don't do it.

Like Yogi Berra once said, it's 90% mental, 10% physical. If you can get your mental game on par or stronger than your physical game, that will help 10000%. I remember reading the book The Secret among others and it made me become an All American Lacrosse player and All State Soccer player - a year before I was only All County. Obviosuly i had an athletic gift fron God but once I learned the nental part, it took my game to a different level.

For HS kids, I think it's worth doing. Too many kids lack the mental part of the game and if you notice the great players, they are the ones who step on the field and think they are the best.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: Laxers412] #299146
02/13/20 12:05 AM
02/13/20 12:05 AM
E
EMT_MentalSkills Online content
Back of THE CAGE
EMT_MentalSkills  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
E

Thanks @Laxers412. You are absolutely right, there is a huge mental aspect in every sport. You could be the strongest, most talented athlete but it you can't handle adversity or pressure, you won't be able to be your best. That is why players and teams sometimes "choke" in the biggest moments. Your mindset is truly what separates the best from the rest. Being just talented is not enough.

And yes high school student-athletes are the ones who would benefit the most from our training. As many times they are, under a ton of pressure or too often striving for perfection. Whether it be pressure to get a certain score on a test, get into college or a scholarship, the ability to stay positive, manage emotions, and stay focused is so important to being successful and reach your goals. Changing your mindset and approaching your sport with a positive and resilient mindset can really help put you in position to be successful.

So give our training a try! It might just be that missing ingredient that can take your game to the next level. As I mentioned, I offer a free 20 minute consultation to any athlete that is interested in trying out. Our training is all about enhancing your performance and helping you reaching your goals and that starts with your mindset.

Reply Quote
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: Laxers412] #299160
02/13/20 10:38 AM
02/13/20 10:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Laxers412
From what I saw, its extremely affordable and they offer a free consultation so if you don't like it, don't do it.

Like Yogi Berra once said, it's 90% mental, 10% physical. If you can get your mental game on par or stronger than your physical game, that will help 10000%. I remember reading the book The Secret among others and it made me become an All American Lacrosse player and All State Soccer player - a year before I was only All County. Obviosuly i had an athletic gift fron God but once I learned the nental part, it took my game to a different level.

For HS kids, I think it's worth doing. Too many kids lack the mental part of the game and if you notice the great players, they are the ones who step on the field and think they are the best.

Not to split hairs, but I will anyway - Yogi actually said baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical. That's how it became a "Yogi-ism" - the math makes no sense.

Reply Quote
Re: Empower Mental Training [Re: EMT_MentalSkills] #299400
02/19/20 08:08 PM
02/19/20 08:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds really interesting man. As a coach, I think mindset is a huge thing. From a coaching perspective, what would you recommend to help motivate a group of players?

Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification