BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baseball is weak bro your on the wrong board. LAX IS LIFE if the kids travel team dont win u dont get da t shirt.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R U S H had some bigger kids but in field lacrosse that wont help. It will actually work against them. I saw them and they dont look skilled. They remind me of Millon Force on growth hormones. Chan EXP is all small kids but they are quick and move the ball fast. 91 is built around 2-3 kids and dont play good team ball. Field lax is all about ball movement, not giving the rock to the biggest kid and have him try and dodge the alley every trip You dont move the ball and your gonna lose. Period. Ask Igloo, tru blue, S2S, Regulators. Rebels move the ball but they cant clear . That is their downfall. anyway, Exp is head and shoulders above them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is a familiar sentiment among all the teams. The 25's are in disarray... except for Exp Ch....oiled machine..... R U S H isnt that good. Competitive but nothing to concern yourself with. So far I havent seen any stand out teams. Teams with potential, but all have major flaws. WSYL is a joke. Move it to East coast and call it the LI Invitational..... then it may be worth participating.

I think only top 4 teams should go... remaining qualifers are just cannon fodder. Love the idea of moving it to east coast. Has there been a team outside the tri-state area that's made it to the championship game?

Realistically, you can send the top 12 teams. All but Express are just going out there to see mountains. If 91 AAAA plays a complete game (something it seems incapable of doing against competitive teams) then they are still a very distant 2nd. I agree with the poster that, despite our rose colored views, our boys are playing in a relatively weak LI class. Maybe next year when teams start really consolidating and the holdbacks are fully through puberty you may see some teams make a jump, but right now it's Express and everybody else. I saw 91 at the box tourney. Some of those kids are the smallest in the grade level. It may take years for them to catch up unless they replace them next year. R U S H seemed much improved due to recruiting big kids. Watch for that trend to continue.

I have to say I have a much different opinion of this age group as I have a multi sport athlete and in all other sports this grade is actually more advanced then the grades above and below them. So I believe what you have is a changing in thought process of specialization in one sport until they get to HS which I personally think is a positive.

In the next year or 2 when this grade decides to direct their energy into 1 or maybe 2 sports instead of 4 or 5 then I think you will see 2 things happen. The grade will be as good or better then the grades around it and the kids that have specialized in lacrosse at 10/11/12 will get passed by the true athletes of the age group when they dedicate themselves to their craft.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a familiar sentiment among all the teams. The 25's are in disarray... except for Exp Ch....oiled machine..... R U S H isnt that good. Competitive but nothing to concern yourself with. So far I havent seen any stand out teams. Teams with potential, but all have major flaws. WSYL is a joke. Move it to East coast and call it the LI Invitational..... then it may be worth participating.

I think only top 4 teams should go... remaining qualifers are just cannon fodder. Love the idea of moving it to east coast. Has there been a team outside the tri-state area that's made it to the championship game?

Realistically, you can send the top 12 teams. All but Express are just going out there to see mountains. If 91 AAAA plays a complete game (something it seems incapable of doing against competitive teams) then they are still a very distant 2nd. I agree with the poster that, despite our rose colored views, our boys are playing in a relatively weak LI class. Maybe next year when teams start really consolidating and the holdbacks are fully through puberty you may see some teams make a jump, but right now it's Express and everybody else. I saw 91 at the box tourney. Some of those kids are the smallest in the grade level. It may take years for them to catch up unless they replace them next year. R U S H seemed much improved due to recruiting big kids. Watch for that trend to continue.

I have to say I have a much different opinion of this age group as I have a multi sport athlete and in all other sports this grade is actually more advanced then the grades above and below them. So I believe what you have is a changing in thought process of specialization in one sport until they get to HS which I personally think is a positive.

In the next year or 2 when this grade decides to direct their energy into 1 or maybe 2 sports instead of 4 or 5 then I think you will see 2 things happen. The grade will be as good or better then the grades around it and the kids that have specialized in lacrosse at 10/11/12 will get passed by the true athletes of the age group when they dedicate themselves to their craft.

I love when parents say you have to specialize in 1 sport then where their kids are in grade 11 or 12 and aren't the superstar they were in grade 6 they get that look like, what do we do now?????????????????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love when parents say you have to specialize in 1 sport then where their kids are in grade 11 or 12 and aren't the superstar they were in grade 6 they get that look like, what do we do now?????????????????????

Exactly, I love this guys post. It's unreal how many of these kids that are specializing will get passed right by when Johnny Athlete decides to now really pay attention to Lacrosse..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Specializing do you mean club sports. My son pays club lax that’s it as far as club. To be quite honest between practices, training, tournaments and money, that’s probably all the club sports he can do. He plays school football, school wrestling, school lacrosse as well. But I guess he only specializes in lax, if that’s what you mean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Specializing do you mean club sports. My son pays club lax that’s it as far as club. To be quite honest between practices, training, tournaments and money, that’s probably all the club sports he can do. He plays school football, school wrestling, school lacrosse as well. But I guess he only specializes in lax, if that’s what you mean.

I mean there are many kids that play club soccer and school soccer, travel baseball and school baseball, travel football and school football, travel basketball and school basketball, travel ice hockey and school ice hockey. volleyball or wrestling.. in addition to lacrosse.

So to answer your question Yes you child specializes in lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, I love this guys post. It's unreal how many of these kids that are specializing will get passed right by when Johnny Athlete decides to now really pay attention to Lacrosse..
I love how you Parents, really think that Johnny Lax still exists. Very rare that happens. You know by *th grade what kids are going to make it. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At that point they can play for Exp or 91..... They would love the extra income.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean there are many kids that play club soccer and school soccer, travel baseball and school baseball, travel football and school football, travel basketball and school basketball, travel ice hockey and school ice hockey. volleyball or wrestling.. in addition to lacrosse.

So to answer your question Yes you child specializes in lax.

Ok, then in that case, the previous poster is incorrect. Having older kids (one HS senior and one sophomore in college), I've seen how this plays out. The kids who get recruited, go to top schools, and are generally the top players in their age group have, with no exceptions, all played competitive travel lax. In addition, they have almost all played other sports in MS and HS. Many at a very high level. I can not think of more than an athlete or two, from my youngest (2025) to my oldest that wasn't, by your definition, a "multi-sport" athlete.

When someone says that their child specializes in a sport, it means that they play that sport exclusively, year round, with no time or interest in any other sports.

From my experience, the kids that were the best lacrosse players in 7th/8th were still very good as HS seniors. The only limiting factor was growth. Kids who were small and skilled, or developed earlier, could dominate in youth lacrosse. If they stay small, they become varsity role players. Every team needs them though. A kid who was skilled in MS then grows 10" and puts on 70 pounds, however, becomes dominant. But make no mistake, despite what your wife says, size matters.

This is just a reflection of my experience. Obviously there are exceptions (Brennan O'Neill may have focused on strictly lacrosse, for example), but thats what I've seen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#1: We all have multi sport athletes.

#2: Maybe in HS things may change, but right now, we are a weaker group than the 3 grades above and below us.

#3: Wait til puberty. Until then, no one has any idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#2: Maybe in HS things may change, but right now, we are a weaker group than the 3 grades above and below us.

Stop saying rational stuff like Wait until Puberty. 2025 parents are the craziest on this forum with an 82 page count. Anything other than complete insanity is not allowed in this age forum!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all depends on the town you are from whether you can consider yourself a true multi sport athlete.

If you decided to go out for the middle school basketball team and they had 25-30 kids try out for 7/8th grade teams you don't have to put much effort into it. If you reside in certain towns where 160 kids try out for the same sport you can't just be an athlete and make the team. You have to put down the lax stick for a few months and play and practice basketball.

So I believe peoples definition of Multi-Sport Athlete absolutely varies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all depends on the town you are from whether you can consider yourself a true multi sport athlete.

If you decided to go out for the middle school basketball team and they had 25-30 kids try out for 7/8th grade teams you don't have to put much effort into it. If you reside in certain towns where 160 kids try out for the same sport you can't just be an athlete and make the team. You have to put down the lax stick for a few months and play and practice basketball.

Agreed. Its all relative. Most of you people need to relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MultiSport Athletes.... PLEASE STOP THEY ARE KIDS! Maybe when they are full grown adults that label would apply. And for all of you misled wannabes's that think your kid and his "Travel Team" are the greatest thing ever...You need to wake up too. 75% of these kids will be in the drama club or smooching girls in the next 2 years and your dreams of a world class lax kid are OVER. If you think otherwise then you are a fool. Ask yourself: When you were 12 what did you want to be? And then go look in the mirror!!! Put that in your travel lax pipe and choke on it. 91, express, Joe Blow Lax...ALL THE SAME GARBAGE WITH A DIFFERENT STINK. Anyone else have anything notIntelligent to say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sonned

1) The action of being capable of calling someone else "son", in a derogatory sense.

example: Everyone just got sonned on this board...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sonned

1) The action of being capable of calling someone else "son", in a derogatory sense.

example: Everyone just got sonned on this board...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do have something non intelligent to say. What on earth are you people even talking about? Usually there is a topic or point to a conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MultiSport Athletes.... PLEASE STOP THEY ARE KIDS! Maybe when they are full grown adults that label would apply. And for all of you misled wannabes's that think your kid and his "Travel Team" are the greatest thing ever...You need to wake up too. 75% of these kids will be in the drama club or smooching girls in the next 2 years and your dreams of a world class lax kid are OVER. If you think otherwise then you are a fool. Ask yourself: When you were 12 what did you want to be? And then go look in the mirror!!! Put that in your travel lax pipe and choke on it. 91, express, Joe Blow Lax...ALL THE SAME GARBAGE WITH A DIFFERENT STINK. Anyone else have anything notIntelligent to say?

Truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That might be the densest thing anyone has ever said on this thread. Multi-sport is not an ambiguous term. Either you play multiple sports or you don’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe his point was that to make certain teams in certain towns you have dedicate more time to that sport than in others that basically a decent athlete can walk on to the team. Which makes total sense.

For example If you want to play basketball in farmingdale you probably won’t have as much time to practice lax as the kid from wading river that doesn’t have to compete against a 100 kids for 15 basketball spots.

Makes sense to me. But you must live in one of those small towns and can’t understand the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW That just about summed it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW That just about summed it up

I guess sometimes you need to break things down for the simple or "Dense" people... haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe his point was that to make certain teams in certain towns you have dedicate more time to that sport than in others that basically a decent athlete can walk on to the team. Which makes total sense.

For example If you want to play basketball in farmingdale you probably won’t have as much time to practice lax as the kid from wading river that doesn’t have to compete against a 100 kids for 15 basketball spots.

Makes sense to me. But you must live in one of those small towns and can’t understand the point.

Wait, are we still talking about middle schoolers?? For a minute it seemed like you freaks may have been talking about your older varsity level kids. Ultra competitive middle school basketball? Do you nerds read what you write? Wow. Talk about unnecessary pressure from an overcompensating father. It must stink being your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back on point: The farse known as 7th Grade travel lacrosse, crazy parents taking it too seriously and the modern day scam known as WSYL .... C'mon people...stay on target.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 kids try out for basketball... and every single parent and coach knows which 15 kids are going to make the team before tryouts even start. Your kid is not going from #90 to #15. Give it a rest, pops. Middle school sports are little less than filters to weed out the kids whose parents buy them trophies and whose grandparents call them "champ" before they get to high school. This must be your oldest kid, because you are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back on point: The farse known as 7th Grade travel lacrosse, crazy parents taking it too seriously and the modern day scam known as WSYL .... C'mon people...stay on target.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 kids try out for basketball... and every single parent and coach knows which 15 kids are going to make the team before tryouts even start. Your kid is not going from #90 to #15. Give it a rest, pops. Middle school sports are little less than filters to weed out the kids whose parents buy them trophies and whose grandparents call them "champ" before they get to high school. This must be your oldest kid, because you are clueless.

Maybe in your town it’s easy.. but in certain towns the 30th kid probably starts in your town in all sports from 7th grade through 12th but he’s on the outside looking in at certain school.

In some towns we have kids that don’t make the baseball team or the volleyball team that get offers from schools.

Almost like being in certain catholic schools.

Regardless I know you guys have it all figured out so we can move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe in your town it’s easy.. but in certain towns the 30th kid probably starts in your town in all sports from 7th grade through 12th but he’s on the outside looking in at certain school.

In some towns we have kids that don’t make the baseball team or the volleyball team that get offers from schools.

Yeah, your kid is so good at 7th grade baseball and volleyball, but he can’t make the teams. I get that you tell him that he’s good enough to play varsity in most other schools, and that may even help him (And you) sleep at night, but don’t pedal that trash here because no one is buying it. You should take all of those offer from all of those schools recruiting your 7th grader (can’t believe you said that, btw), and pick one that he’ll play at. That way you can say he’s a multi-sport athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now THIS is funny! You must be so proud that your mediocre 7th grade kid is getting recruited by multiple schools to play sports that he got cut from!!! I'm dying right now! lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO KID IS GETTING RECRUITED IN 7th GRADE FOR LACROSSE , YOU ARE A COMPLETE stunad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz BOOOOOOOORRRING!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds as though it is time for the return of the Mixed Nuts, High Pitch Eric and Sweaty Bald Guy! Can I get a heck Yeah!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds as though it is time for the return of the Mixed Nuts, High Pitch Eric and Sweaty Bald Guy! Can I get a heck Yeah!

The greatest team ever assembled!! And those coaches were hysterical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mixed Nuts was cute gig 3 years ago. Since then most of those kids have turned into prunes.... Mix that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mixed Nuts was cute gig 3 years ago. Since then most of those kids have turned into prunes.... Mix that!

Yeah, all decent players, but that team would struggle now. That's what happens. Kids grow. Who came up with High Pitch Eric and Sweaty Bald Guy? That's freaking funny! And accurate! lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, all decent players, but that team would struggle now. That's what happens. Kids grow. Who came up with High Pitch Eric and Sweaty Bald Guy? That's freaking funny! And accurate! lol!

Let’s leave that disaster behind us. The most annoying coaches and parents I’ve ever encountered. None of them knew a thing about lax and It was painfully obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s leave that disaster behind us. The most annoying coaches and parents I’ve ever encountered. None of them knew a thing about lax and It was painfully obvious.

Undefeated is a pretty good record. Imagine if they knew anything about lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Undefeated is a pretty good record. Imagine if they knew anything about lax.

Get the band back together so we can go beat Express again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where Rebels will stand in wsyl but they have put in a unbelievable amount of time and practice. Coaches are passionate and totally dedicated . Thanks to the coaches and organization. Job well done

Page 31 of 42 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard