BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 145 of 214 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah that’s on the boys

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They were talking about the complaining to the administration regarding a certain superstar on team, and someone pointed out it was
BBP. Loaded at every position is hysterical and they have been saying they will win states forever.

First off no one said it was BBP with the terrible chemistry, clearly talking about Riverhead , team has been a mess forever.
BBP will win states easy this year , C division is weak upstate and it is a down year for the usual C division top schools ie Sinai, CSH. As far as BBP being loaded at every position not really but they are certainly above average at every position. They have several very good players but no top players in my opinion and that can make for a very good team. Teams that rely too much on 1 or 2 players run into trouble when playing other top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were talking about the complaining to the administration regarding a certain superstar on team, and someone pointed out it was
BBP. Loaded at every position is hysterical and they have been saying they will win states forever.

First off no one said it was BBP with the terrible chemistry, clearly talking about Riverhead , team has been a mess forever.
BBP will win states easy this year , C division is weak upstate and it is a down year for the usual C division top schools ie Sinai, CSH. As far as BBP being loaded at every position not really but they are certainly above average at every position. They have several very good players but no top players in my opinion and that can make for a very good team. Teams that rely too much on 1 or 2 players run into trouble when playing other top teams.

Could be bbp. Sounds vaguely familiar.... anyways... go away bbp. All you guys are good at is working the system to get kids placed high on the " Rankings" list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only on here to vent . My kid plays on a fairly successful high school team that is full of D1 commits . The chemistry on the team has been terrible for years and now one of the causes of that has given the administration an ultimatum. Simply put this player and her parents have been outcasts from the rest of the team due to their behavior and were going to move to the neighboring district , the rest of the team would have been better off . Instead they met with the administration to say they were being bullied by the coaches, players , parents and that if their superstar does not receive the highest end of season award on the team there would be a lawsuit . Apparently the administration has caved to their demands , honestly the award thing is ridiculous as who cares and the player is not the best player on the team but the main issue is the team chemistry will be even worse making it another miserable season for these kids . Unfortunately the kids know much of what’s going on and I have had conversations with mine to just ignore the drama.

No idea who or what school you are talking about but calling BS on administration being blackmailed into giving an MVP award to avoid a lawsuit.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about ,if you think this is the first law suit that has been brought or threatened over playing time, awards , etc you are just ill advised. Happens at the collegiate level also.

Yeah, sure it does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol
PS.. BBP not getting off of the Island. Overated, over promoted kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only on here to vent . My kid plays on a fairly successful high school team that is full of D1 commits . The chemistry on the team has been terrible for years and now one of the causes of that has given the administration an ultimatum. Simply put this player and her parents have been outcasts from the rest of the team due to their behavior and were going to move to the neighboring district , the rest of the team would have been better off . Instead they met with the administration to say they were being bullied by the coaches, players , parents and that if their superstar does not receive the highest end of season award on the team there would be a lawsuit . Apparently the administration has caved to their demands , honestly the award thing is ridiculous as who cares and the player is not the best player on the team but the main issue is the team chemistry will be even worse making it another miserable season for these kids . Unfortunately the kids know much of what’s going on and I have had conversations with mine to just ignore the drama.

Hard to believe. Sounds more like you're jealous. and with all those D1 commits I'm sure you will win states and all will be happy.

Sounds more like you have a kid who no one likes . My kid is not a starter on this team , plays a bunch but has no aspirations of getting higher end of year awards and I just actually want her to enjoy the year .Will not win the states and one of the reasons why is that the team chemistry is toxic.

What the Riverhead parent doesn’t understand is that the AA (highest award )are voted on by the head coaches it can’t be just given to a player it is earned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to believe. Sounds more like you're jealous. and with all those D1 commits I'm sure you will win states and all will be happy.

Sounds more like you have a kid who no one likes . My kid is not a starter on this team , plays a bunch but has no aspirations of getting higher end of year awards and I just actually want her to enjoy the year .Will not win the states and one of the reasons why is that the team chemistry is toxic.

What the Riverhead parent doesn’t understand is that the AA (highest award )are voted on by the head coaches it can’t be just given to a player it is earned.

Not exactly accurate.

Head coaches can nominate "their" player but there is a small committee that decides who (of the nominated players) will be named All-American. It is not as if "all of the coaches vote". Suffolk County (section XI) is allowed "8" AA's by US-Lacrosse and although the majority of players who earn the accolade are deserving the selection process is political and bias. Obviously if a players HS or Club coach is on the committee they have a better chance.

All-County is determined by two factors, 1- where your team finished the regular season and 2 - your high school coach. Where your team finishes the regular season will dictate how many All-County slots your coach gets. The Top Team will obviously receive more slots than lower teams. The coaches do not vote on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes prior post was accurate. US Lacrosse changed the process a few years ago to reduce impact of politics. There is an AA committee but at the end of the day every coach in the county has 1 vote and they collectively decide who the 8 US Lax AA's are. The AA 2nd and 3rd team awards given last year which are not US Lacrosse related and should be called something else are picked by the committee and can be more influenced by politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes prior post was accurate. US Lacrosse changed the process a few years ago to reduce impact of politics. There is an AA committee but at the end of the day every coach in the county has 1 vote and they collectively decide who the 8 US Lax AA's are. The AA 2nd and 3rd team awards given last year which are not US Lacrosse related and should be called something else are picked by the committee and can be more influenced by politics.

Agree, that the 2nd and 3rd teams should be called something else... if we keep going at this rate every player will be an All-American. I think that their are 400 or 500 hundred US lacrosse All-Americans already.

If they (US Lacrosse) did in fact change it so that every coach in the county gets a vote I think that it is even worse than before... No way that the the HS coaches have a handle on all of the players. I guess they could always go by "stats"...

In the end it does not matter... the only lists that matter are the college coaches lists. Players get to see how they stack up on September 1 of their junior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, that the 2nd and 3rd teams should be called something else... if we keep going at this rate every player will be an All-American. I think that their are 400 or 500 hundred US lacrosse All-Americans already.

If they (US Lacrosse) did in fact change it so that every coach in the county gets a vote I think that it is even worse than before... No way that the the HS coaches have a handle on all of the players. I guess they could always go by "stats"...

In the end it does not matter... the only lists that matter are the college coaches lists. Players get to see how they stack up on September 1 of their junior year.

Many of the "lists" are political. There is a top 40 list of LI JRs that have girls with no college commitment. .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the "lists" are political. There is a top 40 list of LI JRs that have girls with no college commitment. .

So what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what

Congrats to every player who is recognized but it has gone a little overboard. Starting to be... Everyone gets a trophy. The reality is that there are between 20 - 25 Top Tier players in any give grad year on Long Long Island. There are many good players but there are only so many legit top tier kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse AA is a joke regardless. Baltimore doesn't even have a US lacrosse chapter so no Baltimore based players are named US Lacrosse AA. Who cares? Kids aren't being recruited based on this. The only real honor is making the UA Senior Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse AA is a joke regardless. Baltimore doesn't even have a US lacrosse chapter so no Baltimore based players are named US Lacrosse AA. Who cares? Kids aren't being recruited based on this. The only real honor is making the UA Senior Team.

Is that something new? I did not realize US Lacrosse did not select All-Americans from Baltimore.

As for Long Island, The "19" US Lacrosse All-Americans are (at least from what I have observed) usually legit. 9 from Nassau, 8 from Suffolk and 2 from Catholic schools.

Any given year on Long Island there are a handful of players who could make it (but do not get selected) because they play for either the wrong club or the wrong high school or both.

Agree that UA Senior All-American Team is the highest High School accolade but being one of the 19 US lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island is legit as well.

Good luck to all of the seniors this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
As for Long Island, The "19" US Lacrosse All-Americans are (at least from what I have observed) usually legit. 9 from Nassau, 8 from Suffolk and 2 from Catholic schools. .

is this really the breakdown? so the ninth best player in Suffolk doesn't get AA but the ninth best in Nassau does? shouldn't it go by who the best 19 players are not where they live?
And the privates getting totally snubbed? with 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is completely inaccurate. Baltimore and all of Maryland are included in the Mid-Atlantic Region. All 50 states are covered by 8 regions. Local chapters are irrelevant and for that matter, so are the regions when it comes to all-american selections. States and parts of states all have maximum number of all-americans allowed. Coaches submit nominations and all coaches in that state or part of the state vote. District of Columbia (DC, VA, MA) had 21, Maryland- Chesapeake had 10, Maryland- Eastern Shore had 2, Maryland- Howard County had 2, Maryland- Western had 4. Other parts of Virginia had 13. So yes, Baltimore is well represented on the all-american list. You can find the full 2019 list at the US Lacrosse site, players, high school, then 2019 high school girls awards programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for Long Island, The "19" US Lacrosse All-Americans are (at least from what I have observed) usually legit. 9 from Nassau, 8 from Suffolk and 2 from Catholic schools. .

is this really the breakdown? so the ninth best player in Suffolk doesn't get AA but the ninth best in Nassau does? shouldn't it go by who the best 19 players are not where they live?

US Lacrosse has a formula, privates make up such a small total population of the schools/players in the area. Impossible to be completely fair with a process used for the entire country. Some entire states get 2...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s based on the number of schools in the section . Being a USLacrosse AA first team on LI is no joke and legit . Say what you want about politics at least the ones picking the players know them . The UA AA senior is also very political and based somewhat on where players committed. and picked in many cases by people who don’t even know the players.i get that being a US lax AA in many regions is a joke but on LI it is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes on the us lax website those are the numbers. Crazy that the private schools get 3 and catholic schools get 2. I’d also be curious how the catholic league does all league awards. As catholic school kids aren’t eligible for all county. https://www.uslacrosse.org/players/...s/2019-girls-high-school-awards#american

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is completely inaccurate. Baltimore and all of Maryland are included in the Mid-Atlantic Region. All 50 states are covered by 8 regions. Local chapters are irrelevant and for that matter, so are the regions when it comes to all-american selections. States and parts of states all have maximum number of all-americans allowed. Coaches submit nominations and all coaches in that state or part of the state vote. District of Columbia (DC, VA, MA) had 21, Maryland- Chesapeake had 10, Maryland- Eastern Shore had 2, Maryland- Howard County had 2, Maryland- Western had 4. Other parts of Virginia had 13. So yes, Baltimore is well represented on the all-american list. You can find the full 2019 list at the US Lacrosse site, players, high school, then 2019 high school girls awards programs.

Sorry, but you made my point for me. The Maryland-Chesapeake AA's are selected by the local Cheseapeake chapter. Every AA selected is from Southern MD. Same for the other Maryland Regions. if you look at the list you referenced on the US lacrosse website you will see that not a single AA is from a Baltimore IAAM School(McDonogh, NDP, St. Paul's, Roland Park, etc). Baltimore shut down their US Lacrosse Chapter and hence no longer have any US Lacrosse AA's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s based on the number of schools in the section . Being a USLacrosse AA first team on LI is no joke and legit . Say what you want about politics at least the ones picking the players know them . The UA AA senior is also very political and based somewhat on where players committed. and picked in many cases by people who don’t even know the players.i get that being a US lax AA in many regions is a joke but on LI it is not.

Maybe so, but what is a joke is that there are second and third team US Lacrosse AA's named when they are not in any way associated with US Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens If a athlete verbally commits to a university but doesn’t sign a NLI ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but you made my point for me. The Maryland-Chesapeake AA's are selected by the local Cheseapeake chapter. Every AA selected is from Southern MD. Same for the other Maryland Regions. if you look at the list you referenced on the US lacrosse website you will see that not a single AA is from a Baltimore IAAM School(McDonogh, NDP, St. Paul's, Roland Park, etc). Baltimore shut down their US Lacrosse Chapter and hence no longer have any US Lacrosse AA's.

Sorry, no I did not. I did the USL AA process as a coach last year (not in Md). US Lacrosse chapters and regions have nothing to do with voting on AAs. Please eliminate that from consideration. Now, each school is assigned to an area and all coaches within said area submit nominations and vote. So, you need to determine which area those schools are allocated to, ensure the coach contacts the coordinator for that area and submits the nominations by the deadline and then votes by the deadline. As for the schools you reference, you can go back and look at prior years and they had AAs. It is incumbent upon the coach to ensure they are on the distribution list for the area coordinator, submits timely nominations and then votes by the deadline. Any part of that not going properly can impact a player not getting consideration. It could be that simple. What is interesting is the boys from the DC/Maryland area have very different areas than the girls. That could be something you can push your coach to research and perhaps influence change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The chapter should have nothing to do with it. There appears to be boys AAs from Baltimore, shutting down the chapter did not impact them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing, Verbally doesn't meant a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing, Verbally doesn't meant a thing.

So the spot is gone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, no I did not. I did the USL AA process as a coach last year (not in Md). US Lacrosse chapters and regions have nothing to do with voting on AAs. Please eliminate that from consideration. Now, each school is assigned to an area and all coaches within said area submit nominations and vote. So, you need to determine which area those schools are allocated to, ensure the coach contacts the coordinator for that area and submits the nominations by the deadline and then votes by the deadline. As for the schools you reference, you can go back and look at prior years and they had AAs. It is incumbent upon the coach to ensure they are on the distribution list for the area coordinator, submits timely nominations and then votes by the deadline. Any part of that not going properly can impact a player not getting consideration. It could be that simple. What is interesting is the boys from the DC/Maryland area have very different areas than the girls. That could be something you can push your coach to research and perhaps influence change.

I am well aware that previous years the schools had AAs. As I said, the Baltimore Chapter decided to shutdown last year and now there will not be any AAs from arguably the best conference in the country. In Maryland, for the girls, the chapters do determine the AAs. Not sure why you are arguing this. It may be an honor on LI, but my point was it's a relatively meaningless honor in other places.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over the years there has been no more "political" selection process than US Lacrosse All-American especially in Suffolk County. As far as UA goes, for the most part that is selected primarily by the women from IL...
There is input from others but for the most part UA is based off of club performance (top clubs vs top clubs as well as The Under Armour Underclass Games). As far as being based off of where the player is committed I... well that is a question of which came first? the chicken or the egg?

At the end of the day, when you look at the US Lacrosse All-Americans from Long Island and you look at the Under Armour All Americans from Long Island and then you look at the Players from long Island who go to the Top College Programs you are looking at the same players.

There are 19 US lacrosse All-Americans each year from Long Island, there are probably between 5 - 10 Under Armour Senior All-Americans from Long Island, on average over the past 5 years there are 9 or 10 players ranked on the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior Rankings (it used to list 30, then it went to 40 I believe it is now 50 players). Somewhere between 15 - 25 Players from Long Island get recruited by the top programs in the country every year. These players are the same players that are on all the lists, earn the All-American awards and go on to compete for the best programs in the country. There seems to be a lot of agreement on who the top players are from people involved in the sport (although not from the parents). From what I have seen, looking at the players who have graduated college over the past 2 to 3 years as well as the current upper classmen in college the majority of players that were recognized
by US Lacrosse, Under Armour, Inside Lacrosse and the top college coaches at the top college programs have done very well.

We can say it is all political to make ourselves feel better but at the end of the day there are not 100 Top Tier Players every year from Long Island. There are more like 20 - 25 who can be considered legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am well aware that previous years the schools had AAs. As I said, the Baltimore Chapter decided to shutdown last year and now there will not be any AAs from arguably the best conference in the country. In Maryland, for the girls, the chapters do determine the AAs. Not sure why you are arguing this. It may be an honor on LI, but my point was it's a relatively meaningless honor in other places.

So how do the boys from that area continue to have AAs? The chapter covered boys and girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens If a athlete verbally commits to a university but doesn’t sign a NLI ?

Nothing happens. The player is free to sign or not sign a National Letter of Intent. Even if the player does sign a NLI they can formally request the Institution grant a full release. In most cases, a release will be granted. If the Coach / Institution choose to block the release the player can appeal the decision.

Verbal commitments go both ways, the coach / school are under no obligation to honor the commitment and the player / parents (parents must sign NLI as well if the player is not 18) are under no obligation to honor the verbal commitment. More time than not it is the player who decides to not follow through on the verbal commitment. I would imagine that with the recruiting changes put in place over the past couple of years we will see fewer de-commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So how do the boys from that area continue to have AAs? The chapter covered boys and girls.

The boys are not separated by chapter they are done by county and/or league. Different process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signing an NLI isn't required, and schools can't offer NLIs to non-scholarship athletes. I'm not sure how common it is in lacrosse, but athletes can sign a financial aid agreement for more flexibility instead of an NLI. Maybe that makes sense for an athlete receiving only book money because the NLI is thought to be skewed to favor the school. There is risk in not signing an NLI because a program could pull or change its offer in the meantime, but signing puts an end to the player's recruitment. A player should not sign if he or she has any second thoughts, or if he or she wants to keep the door open for other opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

BBP 3 of the top ten middies on the island, 1 top attack and 1 top defender. They will win C division hands down the only competition is a depleted Mt Sinai team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

BBP 3 of the top ten middies on the island, 1 top attack and 1 top defender. They will win C division hands down the only competition is a depleted Mt Sinai team.

Where is this so called list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

You don't need a list the talent is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

Bert will figure out a way to out coach BBP ... again. BBP always has more talent but that talent has only carried them twice in like 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

Bert will figure out a way to out coach BBP ... again. BBP always has more talent but that talent has only carried them twice in like 10 years.

BBP beat Bert last year this year will be no different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ dont let him get up by 1... he'll play keep away for the entire game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Westhampton..lol

BBP beat Bert last year this year will be no different.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I wouldn't count on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville is going to surprise people. They are stacked with underrated players. Their youth is finally seasoned and will turn heads this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 145 of 214 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard