BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 167 of 264 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a Mt Sinai guy, but they dominated all of DII last season regardless of conference. Closest game was w HF and MS won by 3, I believe. WI would dominate the D conf, nothing more. You WI people will learn that to dominate all of DII is rare. Game after game is a battle. Not what your used to in DI. Have some humility, it’ll save you in the long run. You’re obviously in for a surprise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No skin in this argument at all, Nassau C-1 parent. The person posting this stupidity regarding WI is more then likely not a WI parent, just my opinion.

Not so sure about that.
WEST ISLIP will dominate in Division 2 , they will struggle with SWR abd SIANI but there is no team in D2 that comes close

West Islip is in a different division than Mt Sinai and SWR. Just goes to show how educated and ill-informed you truly are!!

Not a Mt Sinai guy, but they dominated all of DII last season regardless of conference. Closest game was w HF and MS won by 3, I believe. WI would dominate the D conf, nothing more. You WI people will learn that to dominate all of DII is rare. Game after game is a battle. Not what your used to in DI. Have some humility, it’ll save you in the long run. You’re obviously in for a surprise.

WI is in for a rude awakening Will have 4 losses Swr Sinai,Wogue HF

I wouldn't sleep on BBP or Islip either. Big mistake to take those two teams lightly. WI hasn't been dominant in years, nothing will change this spring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI will NOT lose to Harborfields. HF will be a four goal underdog. Wogue will be close. WI is at least a 3 goal underdog vs. Mt. or the nuclear plant...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI will NOT lose to Harborfields. HF will be a four goal underdog. Wogue will be close. WI is at least a 3 goal underdog vs. Mt. or the nuclear plant...

Hahahaha, go back to class kid. Too funny. HF, Wogue, MS & SWR will all win convincingly over WI. Nothing special. Can't wait til you get lit up on the field and on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip will destroy HF they have too many offensive weapons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip will destroy HF they have too many offensive weapons

Just goes to show how little you know about your new opponents. You boys are doomed by your overconfidence. I think your coach would agree

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR is not like Mt. Sinai. The more upscale town is Mt Sinai.

Not after the RP and SWR trash moved to town!

Aint that the truth of it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR is not like Mt. Sinai. The more upscale town is Mt Sinai.

Not after the RP and SWR trash moved to town!

Aint that the truth of it!

Any skinny on the results of the seed meetings for Nassau and Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEST ISLIP will dominate in Division 2 , they will struggle with SWR abd SIANI but there is no team in D2 that comes close

West Islip is in a different division than Mt Sinai and SWR. Just goes to show how educated and ill-informed you truly are!!

Not likely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not likely
most likely. You lost your best player last year. You will be eating your own words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the earliest day high school teams can practice ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem North head coach canned. Good riddance. Hopefully the next coach has a shred of integrity and lax will be a priority instead of high school girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last year tryouts started MARCH 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the earliest day high school teams can practice ?

its on section 11 look it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem North head coach canned. Good riddance. Hopefully the next coach has a shred of integrity and lax will be a priority instead of high school girls.

Yeah, he was a turd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem has been going downhill for years: a proud athletic tradition has been ruined by those tasked with protecting it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all the boys who made the All-Decade team. Huge Honor, especially for those still in HS!

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/top-li-high-school-athletes-2010s-boys-1.40194091

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over the years there has been a lot of complaining on here about the selection process for the Under Armour tryouts. Many people seem to think that Long Island has the best talent and that the only reason the LI Team team doesn't win every year is because the coaches pick the wrong players.

I just looked at the Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American Team and it looks like maybe 5 of the 58 players are from Long Island. I think maybe the reason Long Island doesn't win every year is because other areas also have good players. I am guessing that Baltimore and the Philly area have more AA's...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI tuning up ... Ready to EAT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

scary!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem has been going downhill for years: a proud athletic tradition has been ruined by those tasked with protecting it.

Bunch of meat heads and low class in Sachem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over the years there has been a lot of complaining on here about the selection process for the Under Armour tryouts. Many people seem to think that Long Island has the best talent and that the only reason the LI Team team doesn't win every year is because the coaches pick the wrong players.

I just looked at the Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American Team and it looks like maybe 5 of the 58 players are from Long Island. I think maybe the reason Long Island doesn't win every year is because other areas also have good players. I am guessing that Baltimore and the Philly area have more AA's...

Under Armour on Long Island has become a joke and yes the better kids shy away because of coaching. Our performance last year was embarrassing and not a true reflection of the top talent on Long Island. In addition, we now take kids from well outside the Island to play while cutting good talent that shows up at the tryouts. Like Jake Reed, Nike Bluechip, Under Armiur will also pass. Don’t waste your money....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Under Armour on Long Island has become a joke and yes the better kids shy away because of coaching. Our performance last year was embarrassing and not a true reflection of the top talent on Long Island. In addition, we now take kids from well outside the Island to play while cutting good talent that shows up at the tryouts. Like Jake Reed, Nike Bluechip, Under Armiur will also pass. Don’t waste your money....

It couldn't possibly be that there are other areas with just as many if not more "strong" players.... from what I have seen, the players that do not go to the tryouts are the players that have parents that can not take it when their son does not make it.... because the parent is convinced that their son is the best...

Maybe, just maybe other areas are producing stronger players....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LI UA tryouts are by far one of the most attended events by college coaches. The selection process and control by the 2 largest clubs and the catholic schools has plagued the LI team but now has run its course. They have set up a competing event so they can have 100% control and of course charge those families twice as much. I would expect UA to have a more fair playing field as the NLF kids and their program directors move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The LI UA tryouts are by far one of the most attended events by college coaches. The selection process and control by the 2 largest clubs and the catholic schools has plagued the LI team but now has run its course. They have set up a competing event so they can have 100% control and of course charge those families twice as much. I would expect UA to have a more fair playing field as the NLF kids and their program directors move on.

Over the years I have heard many complaints but from what I have seen there are only a handful of players capable of making the UA teams who do not play for one of the 2 clubs that you reference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA is rigged but the previous post is correct that it is very well attended by many colleges. You may have to get over the fact your son may not make the team. The goal is to get looked at and making the top 50 game is a great way to do that. Still political even for top 50 but less of a hurdle. If you want to talk about great exposure then get your son to tryout for the NYS regional team. The event in Binghamton is good (not great) but the the most coaches you will see are at the top 50 games where they have suffolk county on one field and nassau county on the other. Coaches from end line to end line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year the selection process was not run by the 2 top teams or the Catholic schools. It was run by public school coaches, linked to other clubs. As long as they have coaches from any sector of LI there will always be a biased selection process. Why not bring in outside evaluators? Last years teams were an embarrassment in Maryland. Let’s see what the future holds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all i have had a kid do all of these tryouts and yes UA is very political but if you do make the top 50 game the filed is loaded with colleges but to that point the college coaches no it is political as well . As for showcases the best one out there is Maverick by far , if you can not get into that do yourself a favor and go to a prospect camp those camps are where coaches can talk with your son and get to know him that is the best money spent . Understand there is politics in everything your son just have to rise above it all ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

typical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all i have had a kid do all of these tryouts and yes UA is very political but if you do make the top 50 game the filed is loaded with colleges but to that point the college coaches no it is political as well . As for showcases the best one out there is Maverick by far , if you can not get into that do yourself a favor and go to a prospect camp those camps are where coaches can talk with your son and get to know him that is the best money spent . Understand there is politics in everything your son just have to rise above it all ..

There are some who will never get it. Some think that they know everything and they also believe that their kid is the best. I know parents who did not bring their kids to tryouts and then would tell everyone it's a waste of time because it is all political. The real reason is that certain parents can not take it when others do not agree that the kid is the best. Every coach / evaluator is going to have a bias but coaches do try to select the best team. No coach selects "All" of their own players. Go look at the NCAA Division I All-American Team... There are great players from all over the country it is foolish to think that Long Island should win every year. It does not matter who selects the players it will be a challenge to win at UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the parents thinking there kid is better than he is , the great players that are DIV 1 jumps off the page when they play you can not argue with it . People have to realize if you want to play lacrosse at the next level you can find a place to play but you have to be realistic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar discussion at LaxFan Forum. LaxFan Forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do yourselves a favor and register for the LI Showcase run by the Nassau/Suffolk County Coaches. Its half the price with just as many college coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do yourselves a favor and register for the LI Showcase run by the Nassau/Suffolk County Coaches. Its half the price with just as many college coaches

The Li Showcase is just as Political!!! Its a great experience (my son had a great time) the price is great compared to the others but is it very political. One of the younger teams last year was run by a PAL coach who took his son and his friends kids. They went as the Catholic school team. ( none of the kids went to Catholic school) only 1 or 2 kids even made the top 50. On my sons team, there were many kids who made the top 50 but didn't make the team. I know its subjective and its hard to judge with limited time on the field. But its definitely Political!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Li Showcase is just as Political!!! Its a great experience (my son had a great time) the price is great compared to the others but is it very political. One of the younger teams last year was run by a PAL coach who took his son and his friends kids. They went as the Catholic school team. ( none of the kids went to Catholic school) only 1 or 2 kids even made the top 50. On my sons team, there were many kids who made the top 50 but didn't make the team. I know its subjective and its hard to judge with limited time on the field. But its definitely Political!!!!

What happens is they put out the offers for the teams and some kids do not take the offer because of cost. They then fill, NYC and Catholic, with Nassau and Suffolk kids. My son is a Fogo and is not 1 of the 2 best in Suffolk, so he was asked to play with the NYC team. It was a great experience. Its not just the lax exposure, but the entire weekend away from us parents and just with the boys. They need to fill the Catholic and City teams, the directors reached out to people they know would go or could get kids to go. Next year maybe you make it known that you would be willing to play.

This year it is at Albany, not Binghamton... Should be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens is they put out the offers for the teams and some kids do not take the offer because of cost. They then fill, NYC and Catholic, with Nassau and Suffolk kids. My son is a Fogo and is not 1 of the 2 best in Suffolk, so he was asked to play with the NYC team. It was a great experience. Its not just the lax exposure, but the entire weekend away from us parents and just with the boys. They need to fill the Catholic and City teams, the directors reached out to people they know would go or could get kids to go. Next year maybe you make it known that you would be willing to play.

This year it is at Albany, not Binghamton... Should be fun.

There is always going to be politics involved in these selection teams. Always has been always will. I think I biggest complaint is that kids getting taken who never even tried out. I understand some kids make it and can’t commit due to various reason. They should then take the next best kid or have a wait list. It cheapens the event when kids that don’t make the top 50 or kids who never tried out are put on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two other problems with UA:

1. The tryouts are the last before the event. Other regions pick their teams many weeks in advance and then have a chance to actually meet each other and practice before the event. The UA LI team practice once the day before.

2. Many top players make the team and then bail. If every kid who made the team actually showed up and played they would’ve been fine. That is selfish behavior and poor parenting. Then you have the others who leave early. 2020 team was down players all weekend. I agree it was an embarrassment, but not for the reasons being suggested. Kids on team committee to ND, Yale, Navy, Denver, Michigan, BU and others.....so save the narrative about how there were only weak players there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
.....forgot UVA, Princeton and Dartmouth. Other kids committed to Duke and UNC made the team, but never showed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets forget about UA ... how do you think West Islip will do dropping down to Div 2 ... Will they dominate ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, the strongest players were not there to represent the region. Was the face off guy even ranked in the top 10 on LI??
NO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets forget about UA ... how do you think West Islip will do dropping down to Div 2 ... Will they dominate ????

WI hasn't dominated in Div 1 for a long time what makes you think they will be anything but above average in Div 2

Like Reply Quote
Page 167 of 264 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard