BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax on a mission in FL. They will win it all in dominant fashion just like NLF. Revenge will be sweet. Looking at you Taz.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!

See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!
you may be the biggest lost. You must be so much fun to hang out with at parties .🤮

wow who what happened to you. if you have not figured out by now having a network makes things a lot easier in life not sure what to tell you. having a common thread is what builds networks whether it be college football, high school lacrosse, tennis, golf, juggling, chess, etc. some networks are more powerful than others. the college lax network is very strong as is going to a school like Duke or Johns Hopkins, etc so if it gets you in a school like that how can that be a bad thing? Even if you dont see the field much if it gets you through admissions you have won. It is only going to get harder to get into prestigious colleges you need something that differentiates you. Not just about getting a scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax on a mission in FL. They will win it all in dominant fashion just like NLF. Revenge will be sweet. Looking at you Taz.

Taz again prove they will always be a pretender and a joke. Travel to freakin FL to get eliminated in the quarters. Madlax was waiting for them for the rematch. Taz can always claim they are the kings of fall ball. Probably better this way, they would have been clobbered and humiliated by Madlax. Enjoy Disney and don't worry about missing school, it's obviously not that important to you. Greasy parents can drown their misery with booze on the plane ride home to Laguardia. Disgusting filthy airport.. just like them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz again prove they will always be a pretender and a joke. Travel to freakin FL to get eliminated in the quarters. Madlax was waiting for them for the rematch. Taz can always claim they are the kings of fall ball. Probably better this way, they would have been clobbered and humiliated by Madlax. Enjoy Disney and don't worry about missing school, it's obviously not that important to you. Greasy parents can drown their misery with booze on the plane ride home to Laguardia. Disgusting filthy airport.. just like them.

Taz you might need to get a restraining order. This person is nuts and a stalker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz you might need to get a restraining order. This person is nuts and a stalker.

Next time you post and claim about being the #1 ranked team, stop and think about it first. This should be a reality check.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next time you post and claim about being the #1 ranked team, stop and think about it first. This should be a reality check.

Do you need a hug angry fella?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you may be the biggest lost. You must be so much fun to hang out with at parties .🤮

wow who what happened to you. if you have not figured out by now having a network makes things a lot easier in life not sure what to tell you. having a common thread is what builds networks whether it be college football, high school lacrosse, tennis, golf, juggling, chess, etc. some networks are more powerful than others. the college lax network is very strong as is going to a school like Duke or Johns Hopkins, etc so if it gets you in a school like that how can that be a bad thing? Even if you dont see the field much if it gets you through admissions you have won. It is only going to get harder to get into prestigious colleges you need something that differentiates you. Not just about getting a scholarship.

I think this is the key point that gets lost in the scholarship shuffle. My son is a good student but will probably get into a much better school than otherwise because of lacrosse (true at Division 1 and Division 3). Any money, even if small, is gravy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is the key point that gets lost in the scholarship shuffle. My son is a good student but will probably get into a much better school than otherwise because of lacrosse (true at Division 1 and Division 3). Any money, even if small, is gravy.

Perhaps at the D1 level, but the top D3 schools, like those in the NESCAC, still require the grades and test scores, that is why you see kids commit to 'the admissions process" at those schools. A great example of this is John Hopkins, they can get a lacrosse player in much easier because the lacrosse program is D1, the other athletes, who are D3, have to meet a much higher academic standard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a food for thought for all you lax parents looking through love glasses! We all love and want the best for our boys, but take it from a parent that has been through this process already, and yes at this age my son was probably in the top five players on the island. 70 percent of kids that play lacrosse don't play pass high school. This is something your coaches or anybody in travel will ever tell you! If he's playing because he's keeping busy and having fun that's great. But if he's playing hoping to get a ride you better be putting money aside for college because when my son hit 15 he put down his stick and that was it. I know a lot of people and kids are dropping like flies in lacrosse!

Thank you for the insight. Asking seriously, why do you think your son gave it up? Looking back, what would you have done differently regarding lax.

Agreed, it is always good to have some perspective, and a reality check. Not the original poster, but as it relates to my son, he plays for a high level club team, but, as he has gotten older, I have personally stepped back from getting too involved. I do not force anything on him, such as attending things like showcases (which I feel are mostly a waste of time). I let him make the decisions, and he has to live by them, good or bad. While I think that lacrosse may give him a leg up in the college admissions process, if he decides to go that route, I push him more towards other sports to avoid the burn-out. Frankly, I would prefer that he excel at some other sport like track where he could actually get some college money if he were any good.

They are all different and continue on or quit for their own reasons. I have three sons and all played lax. None were ever on the "top" team for their grade level but they are all decent players. #1 went on to play in college and won a NCAA ring. # 2 quit all sports in 9th grade and developed other interests. # 3 is a 2024 players. It looks now like he will play at least through high school if not further but that decision is entirely up to him.
Whatever your son decides to do just cherish the time you have watching him play because it passes by too fast. Of he moves on to other interests support him in that the same way you support him in lax.
Life is all about the journey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right

Taz was missing guys that will be there this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a food for thought for all you lax parents looking through love glasses! We all love and want the best for our boys, but take it from a parent that has been through this process already, and yes at this age my son was probably in the top five players on the island. 70 percent of kids that play lacrosse don't play pass high school. This is something your coaches or anybody in travel will ever tell you! If he's playing because he's keeping busy and having fun that's great. But if he's playing hoping to get a ride you better be putting money aside for college because when my son hit 15 he put down his stick and that was it. I know a lot of people and kids are dropping like flies in lacrosse!

Thank you for the insight. Asking seriously, why do you think your son gave it up? Looking back, what would you have done differently regarding lax.

Agreed, it is always good to have some perspective, and a reality check. Not the original poster, but as it relates to my son, he plays for a high level club team, but, as he has gotten older, I have personally stepped back from getting too involved. I do not force anything on him, such as attending things like showcases (which I feel are mostly a waste of time). I let him make the decisions, and he has to live by them, good or bad. While I think that lacrosse may give him a leg up in the college admissions process, if he decides to go that route, I push him more towards other sports to avoid the burn-out. Frankly, I would prefer that he excel at some other sport like track where he could actually get some college money if he were any good.

They are all different and continue on or quit for their own reasons. I have three sons and all played lax. None were ever on the "top" team for their grade level but they are all decent players. #1 went on to play in college and won a NCAA ring. # 2 quit all sports in 9th grade and developed other interests. # 3 is a 2024 players. It looks now like he will play at least through high school if not further but that decision is entirely up to him.
Whatever your son decides to do just cherish the time you have watching him play because it passes by too fast. Of he moves on to other interests support him in that the same way you support him in lax.

You are blessed. But I think you're way of thinking have a lot to do with it. Thank you for sharing. NCAA ring, wow! Can only imagine how proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right

TAZ was missing a key group and that will not happen this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right

Always will be a Bridesmaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right

Always will be a Bridesmaid.

Love the excuses. Dog ate my homework.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone send Schwaldo a dummies guide to offense for Christmas?

I understand the reference but can you elaborate for everyone whose heads are in the sand.

Its not the coaches fault..

Whose fault is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the reference but can you elaborate for everyone whose heads are in the sand.

Whose fault is it?

His favorite players who can’t execute

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are blessed. But I think you're way of thinking have a lot to do with it. Thank you for sharing. NCAA ring, wow! Can only imagine how proud.

You bought all that self-righteous BS???!!! “wow rings you’re so blessed” “ can I get on my knees and kiss your .... ring”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You bought all that self-righteous BS???!!! “wow rings you’re so blessed” “ can I get on my knees and kiss your .... ring”

yawwn... booorring... this channel has been dead for a while. Waiting for the spring season for good content.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true what they say. Once the WSYL is over, nobody cares. Attention shifts to HS team and recruiting. Nobody cares about wins and losses anymore. Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true what they say. Once the WSYL is over, nobody cares. Attention shifts to HS team and recruiting. Nobody cares about wins and losses anymore. Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Better stated the focus shifts. Wining a tourney means less. It’s playing in good events and playing on a team that where your son has appropriate playing time. And it’s just fall and summer, not a lot on winter after 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better stated the focus shifts. Wining a tourney means less. It’s playing in good events and playing on a team that where your son has appropriate playing time. And it’s just fall and summer, not a lot on winter after 8th grade.

No Spring practice at all for many club teams, especially the good ones. Most of their kids are playing on HS teams, that practice 2+ hours, 6 days a week. Can’t have a club practice on day 7. That would be extremely counterproductive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments will we be heading to this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whose fault is it?

They have Zero Heart and less Lax IQ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when tryouts are scheduled for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy tryouts are up...Aug 29 and 30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue tryouts are up too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whose fault is it?

They have Zero Heart and less Lax IQ.

He also can't coach offense. He killed that grade for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy got smacked down today. Goalie play killed them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax is back! Thank God. Some great games today in Summer Showdown in CT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make matters worse, they got smacked by a team from NJ. Oof that must hurt. Primetime probably would have smacked them too. Change my mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not making excuses but missing key players yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USCL 2024 goalie to watch ... I think they got that wrong or did someone write them a check to publish that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USCL 2024 goalie to watch ... I think they got that wrong or did someone write them a check to publish that?
Can’t blame it all on the goalie. Team quit on him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's garbage. A good goalie makes saves. A great goalie lifts their team up and carries them on their back. Great goalies know how to rally their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's garbage. A good goalie makes saves. A great goalie lifts their team up and carries them on their back. Great goalies know how to rally their team.

Only so much a goalie can do if your defense lets you down. The Goalie is single handedly the toughest position on the field physically and mentally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only so much a goalie can do if your defense lets you down. The Goalie is single handedly the toughest position on the field physically and mentally.
Let's be honest. I saw the games. You can put the best goalie in the country on cage THAT DAY and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. So he had a bad day. Chill out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all those things maybe true, but it was not the goalie's fault. You play as a team , you lose as a team. The other team was better prepared and played well . That is it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

legacy got their goalies mixed up. The loud girl on the b team - those boys must feel like they're being yelled at by mom ... and it looked like it was working which is kinda funny. They should have her yell at taz between games.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard