BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 09:24 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 05:00 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 04:27 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 04:07 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 02:31 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 02/17/20 09:40 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics1,942
Posts261,595
Members2,159
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298258
01/15/20 12:27 PM
01/15/20 12:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




If you look at the top 3 2021 Teams, YJ, SW and M&D, their top defenders are going to Maryland, Stanford, Hopkins, Michigan, USC, Stony Brook, etc.(more than one to a few of those schools) Playing defense does not stop you from getting recruited to a top school if you have the skills that the schools are looking for. As a parent of one of these defenders I would say the most important thing is for your daughter to develop her stick skills. As with all positions and the top schools, size and/or speed matter the most but being able to handle the ball on clears is huge.
[/quote]

And then there are some who are on the top teams that have not been recruited. [/quote]

And then are some who committed to schools who put academics first. Crazy right!![/quote]

What is crazy? Many of the top players / recruits put academics first. Many of the best programs are also great academic schools.

Not sure what your point is. Are you insinuating that the top recruits / players do not put academics first?

The reality is that many of the top recruits / players are excellent students as well. If a player is a strong student as well as a top tier athlete / lacrosse player she most likely will find a spot at one of the Top Programs.

Final 2019 Top 25

1 - Maryland
2 - Boston College
3 - North Carolina
4 - Northwestern
5 - Syracuse
6 - Princeton
7 - Virginia
8 - Denver
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Loyola
11 - Michigan
12 - Stony Brook
13 - Florida
14 - Penn
15 - James Madison
16 - Navy (USNA)
17 - Southern California
18 - Georgetown
19 - Colorado
20 - Dartmouth
21 - Duke
22 - Johns Hopkins
23 - Stanford
24 - High Point
25 - Virginia Tech

Again, not sure what your point is. Top Tier players will be recruited by many of the Top Tier Programs and many of the Top Tier Programs are also Top Tier Academic Institutions.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298261
01/15/20 12:51 PM
01/15/20 12:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a 2022 and have been reading along to get an idea how things work. When people reference “mid tier” or “top tier”, what would be a ball park for the line between them? Is it a ranking using the RPI? Or something else? I’m guessing my kid is a mid tier type kid. Very high academics so some of the higher D3 schools could be appealing as well.


Are schools recruiting defenders anymore or should I move my 2023 to only mid? She plays both right now.


I have a 2022 defender (and only a defender) so been closely watching the 2021's Defenders are certainly last on the list of most d1 programs. I don't think you need to have her play middie exclusively, but it seems like it was a poor decision on my part to have my daughter stick with defense (which she likes) and not get middle club experience.


It depends where and what club she plays defense for. The defenders for the top teams of the top clubs get recruited to play defense. Most of these kids however play midfield for school, but some will also play school defense. I believe if your daughter can be a standout defender on a top team, she actually has the easiest path for recruiting. The competition for attack spots is much greater, and midfielder even tougher than that. Defense has its own skill set and IQ, a good defensive player can show great value, purely playing defense. I have also watched many defenders who can’t seem to embrace the position, always looking to play mid, or bring the ball over restrain and not return or whatever. I would be careful, a kid who stands out as a great defender can also look lost on the offense, and expose their lack of offensive IQ, stick skills, shooting skills, passing skills, and on and on.... Anyway, don’t let anyone scare your daughter away from defense, if that’s what she plays, dial into the position and be the best she can be at it.


If you look at the top 3 2021 Teams, YJ, SW and M&D, their top defenders are going to Maryland, Stanford, Hopkins, Michigan, USC, Stony Brook, etc.(more than one to a few of those schools) Playing defense does not stop you from getting recruited to a top school if you have the skills that the schools are looking for. As a parent of one of these defenders I would say the most important thing is for your daughter to develop her stick skills. As with all positions and the top schools, size and/or speed matter the most but being able to handle the ball on clears is huge.


And then there are some who are on the top teams that have not been recruited.


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298273
01/15/20 04:16 PM
01/15/20 04:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous

If you look at the top 3 2021 Teams, YJ, SW and M&D, their top defenders are going to Maryland, Stanford, Hopkins, Michigan, USC, Stony Brook, etc.(more than one to a few of those schools) Playing defense does not stop you from getting recruited to a top school if you have the skills that the schools are looking for. As a parent of one of these defenders I would say the most important thing is for your daughter to develop her stick skills. As with all positions and the top schools, size and/or speed matter the most but being able to handle the ball on clears is huge.


------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

And then there are some who are on the top teams that have not been recruited. [/quote]

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

And then are some who committed to schools who put academics first. Crazy right!![/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is crazy? Many of the top players / recruits put academics first. Many of the best programs are also great academic schools.

Not sure what your point is. Are you insinuating that the top recruits / players do not put academics first?

The reality is that many of the top recruits / players are excellent students as well. If a player is a strong student as well as a top tier athlete / lacrosse player then she most likely will find a spot at one of the Top Programs.

Final 2019 Top 25

1 - Maryland
2 - Boston College
3 - North Carolina
4 - Northwestern
5 - Syracuse
6 - Princeton
7 - Virginia
8 - Denver
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Loyola
11 - Michigan
12 - Stony Brook
13 - Florida
14 - Penn
15 - James Madison
16 - Navy (USNA)
17 - Southern California
18 - Georgetown
19 - Colorado
20 - Dartmouth
21 - Duke
22 - Johns Hopkins
23 - Stanford
24 - High Point
25 - Virginia Tech

Again, not sure what your point is.

Top Tier players will be recruited by many of the Top Tier Programs and many of the Top Tier Programs are also Top Tier Academic Institutions. [/quote]

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298286
01/16/20 09:01 AM
01/16/20 09:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298362
01/20/20 08:45 AM
01/20/20 08:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298371
01/20/20 03:30 PM
01/20/20 03:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.


I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298381
01/20/20 09:36 PM
01/20/20 09:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.


I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.


That is a legit point, all these top programs need are 2-3 studs per year...2 or 3 out of 8-12...15 or 16 kids play.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298386
01/21/20 08:32 AM
01/21/20 08:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.


I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.


There it is again, the negative, the knock, the attempt to diminish that has been prevalent on this site for years. Some will always try to elevate their daughters status by trying to diminish the accomplishments / accolades / achievements of others.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298412
01/21/20 09:03 PM
01/21/20 09:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.


I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.


There it is again, the negative, the knock, the attempt to diminish that has been prevalent on this site for years. Some will always try to elevate their daughters status by trying to diminish the accomplishments / accolades / achievements of others.


You're being dramatic. Every year the lists of top ranked commits and current players include some girls from programs who are not in the top 5-10 year after year after year. Isn't it diminishing the accomplishments of those players when you won't acknowledge they are as good or better than some players on higher ranked teams?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298415
01/22/20 08:23 AM
01/22/20 08:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


All club teams, even the top teams have girls that are fillers. Some have been on the team for years and probably should have moved down a level years ago. The kids that aren't committed yet on those teams are not committed for a reason. They can point fingers at the club coaches or directors but if their daughters were good enough they would be recruited. Others may have turned down 2nd tier options waiting on top tier offers that never came. Just because a girl is on a top club team does not mean she is a top player. This process can be very humbling.


Also, everyone should keep in mind that the top college programs' incoming classes each year are not made up of 8-12 players who are are all better than recruits at some lower ranked program. Top programs get a handful of players who are the very best in the country, and then fill in with other players who are good but not at the same level. There could be a player on a club team committed to a top 10-20 program with little chance of meaningful playing time barring significant improvement. Meanwhile, another player of equal skill might be uncommitted, or committed to a school ranked lower, because she wants a realistic chance to play or is looking for specific things beyond team ranking. Every player's end game and journey is different. I'm not saying that players with opportunities at top 25 programs are choosing the lowest tier programs, but there are some players recruited by top 10 programs who choose a lower ranked option.


No program gets all of the players that they want but don't kid yourself, the top programs consistently bring in the top talent. There is always a lot of chatter about the legitimacy of player rankings, commitments, recruiting, freshmen class rankings, etc... but at the end of the day there appears to be a strong correlation between where the so called "top players" go to college and how the "Team" performs. Every year it seems that the large majority of the Top 30 - 50 High School Players commit to the same (top 15 - 20) programs. The programs that consistently bring in the best players are the teams that consistently out perform the rest of the programs.


I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.


There it is again, the negative, the knock, the attempt to diminish that has been prevalent on this site for years. Some will always try to elevate their daughters status by trying to diminish the accomplishments / accolades / achievements of others.


You're being dramatic. Every year the lists of top ranked commits and current players include some girls from programs who are not in the top 5-10 year after year after year. Isn't it diminishing the accomplishments of those players when you won't acknowledge they are as good or better than some players on higher ranked teams?


How is it diminishing the players if they are ranked? The fact that the players are ranked is acknowledging them.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #298561
01/26/20 08:52 PM
01/26/20 08:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous



I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons. [/quote]

There it is again, the negative, the knock, the attempt to diminish that has been prevalent on this site for years. Some will always try to elevate their daughters status by trying to diminish the accomplishments / accolades / achievements of others. [/quote]

You're being dramatic. Every year the lists of top ranked commits and current players include some girls from programs who are not in the top 5-10 year after year after year. Isn't it diminishing the accomplishments of those players when you won't acknowledge they are as good or better than some players on higher ranked teams?[/quote]

How is it diminishing the players if they are ranked? The fact that the players are ranked is acknowledging them.[/quote]

It's diminishing when some parents will still claim those players are not truly among the best if committed to or playing for a school outside the perennial top 5-10 programs. Those same parents accuse anyone who points out top players sometimes commit to and play for programs outside the top 10 as knocking others to elevate their own daughter.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #298569
01/27/20 09:37 AM
01/27/20 09:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Assume at this point any uncommitted 21s are on hold until Summer. Can't imagine there will be too much movement during season.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298571
01/27/20 09:41 AM
01/27/20 09:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



IMO 75% of the ranked Top players playing on the Top D1 programs are legit and 25% are a function of making lists through politics, High School attended, coaches doing favors for players and other coaches, club team name only, legacy name, etc.

I would guess that the same ratio applies to these players having excellent college careers versus so-so careers (75% great/25% so-so). So many kids on these lists quickly find out that everybody on a Top 20 team can play, are athletic and they can't hide behind anything or get phony PR. As freshmen, they come in highly anticipated and ranked because of these lists only to find out at practice and in games that they are average.

Most ongoing successful college coaches in Top 20 recruit off of intuition, experience, need and team philosophy, not just lists. This is why they have sustained success and Top D1 ranking, if they recruited off of the Top player beauty pageants exclusively they will fail. I have seen this through many many years of observation.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298575
01/27/20 10:20 AM
01/27/20 10:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Not sure if I agree that people can’t see past kids committing to lower programs. My daughter had a choice to play pretty much anywhere she wanted, but had zero interest in going to MD or UNC. Then to put this into perspective, the two top players from LI from this years graduating class both committed to lower end programs (outside top 10), yet they are still considered the top players. One went to Duke, a team in and out of top 20, never seeming to be a threat. The other committed to BC. So yes BC saw three years of top 1-10 status, thanks to the three players who just graduated. But that kid committed there before BC had their run, they were about as relevant as Duke, in and out of the top 20. So the point is, no one questioned these were the top kids on the island, even though they committed to schools that were not (at the time) in the top 5-10 programs in D1. And to the other end of the topic, you see kids committing to the very top programs that are certainly not the top kids on LI, some are, but certainly not all.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #298578
01/27/20 11:35 AM
01/27/20 11:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous



I do believe the point was that there are some who will commit to a top 20 but not see the field, while others who could commit to a top 20 choose a lower ranked team for various reasons.


There it is again, the negative, the knock, the attempt to diminish that has been prevalent on this site for years. Some will always try to elevate their daughters status by trying to diminish the accomplishments / accolades / achievements of others. [/quote]

You're being dramatic. Every year the lists of top ranked commits and current players include some girls from programs who are not in the top 5-10 year after year after year. Isn't it diminishing the accomplishments of those players when you won't acknowledge they are as good or better than some players on higher ranked teams?[/quote]

How is it diminishing the players if they are ranked? The fact that the players are ranked is acknowledging them.[/quote]

It's diminishing when some parents will still claim those players are not truly among the best if committed to or playing for a school outside the perennial top 5-10 programs. Those same parents accuse anyone who points out top players sometimes commit to and play for programs outside the top 10 as knocking others to elevate their own daughter. [/quote]
not only are these parents trying to elevate their daughter's but more importantly elevate themselves. These are the same parents that live through their kids because they couldn't get it done on the field when they were young.

Reply Quote
Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1