01/17/20 12:32 PM
01/17/20 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is four months - not two. If you include a couple of repeats it increases to about five months. It can matter depending on who the kids are and certainly if there is an advantage it diminishes over time. LI exaggerates it and MD minimizes it - probably somewhere in the middle.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298324
01/17/20 01:18 PM
01/17/20 01:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298325
01/17/20 03:14 PM
01/17/20 03:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is four months - not two. If you include a couple of repeats it increases to about five months. It can matter depending on who the kids are and certainly if there is an advantage it diminishes over time. LI exaggerates it and MD minimizes it - probably somewhere in the middle.

The best is the in state fighting on the topic. Where you have the M&D Red Team parents saying that the Black Team is all hold backs and Red Team are the "true" 2025s.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298345
01/19/20 12:50 AM
01/19/20 12:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

It’s not September of the previous year is 3 months earlier. Which might be 3-4 girls but keep using that as a excuse. What ever make long inlanders sleep well...

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #298363
01/20/20 09:01 AM
01/20/20 09:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to a calendar year is the ONLY way to solve the holdback age problem. The reasons to hold your kid nack are personal but its definitely an advantage.when my daughter began 7th grade she was tweleve and a half. She turned 13 in February. But a girl on her yeam turned 14 in the end of September - but some if the girls on the team had just turned 12 in july and august. That made this player a full 22 and 23 months older than her teammates. That is a huge advantage - especially for middle school girls. Since then our team has added another girl who really should be in the grade above. If it van work for soccer which has way more partivipants - it can work for lacrosse.

Since this is a 25's forum ill use the m&d black 25's as an example.... two of their starting midfielders shpuld be in tbe 24's. Both are impact players.

I

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298366
01/20/20 09:43 AM
01/20/20 09:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse Rules are 9/1 not 10/1. I have girls on M&D at two different ages and neither team has a girl born prior to 9/1.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298375
01/20/20 04:41 PM
01/20/20 04:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to a calendar year is the ONLY way to solve the holdback age problem. The reasons to hold your kid nack are personal but its definitely an advantage.when my daughter began 7th grade she was tweleve and a half. She turned 13 in February. But a girl on her yeam turned 14 in the end of September - but some if the girls on the team had just turned 12 in july and august. That made this player a full 22 and 23 months older than her teammates. That is a huge advantage - especially for middle school girls. Since then our team has added another girl who really should be in the grade above. If it van work for soccer which has way more partivipants - it can work for lacrosse.

Since this is a 25's forum ill use the m&d black 25's as an example.... two of their starting midfielders shpuld be in tbe 24's. Both are impact players.

I

Is the age thing really a problem for girls? Maybe it is and I don't see it. At this point any changes made should start with the younger age groups moving forward. The girls in this age group and others are pretty much set for the next 4 years... And yes in 4 short years this is all over. So enjoy the ride.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298382
01/20/20 09:42 PM
01/20/20 09:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse Rules are 9/1 not 10/1. I have girls on M&D at two different ages and neither team has a girl born prior to 9/1.

Red Team doesn’t count, the 2025s got blown out by the YJ C Team (Janelli) this past fall.

If it’s multiple impact players I could see why M&D wouldn’t want to show, but the vacation excuse is nonsense where it’s the same weekend as the Mid Atlantic. Now if you told me it’s about the money then I would get it from an M&D perspective. At least Heros had the stones to show last year.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298383
01/20/20 10:15 PM
01/20/20 10:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop stalking middle school girls.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #298384
01/20/20 10:27 PM
01/20/20 10:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents using the pre k year for lacrosse advantage are the smartest. How did they know so early. Quit your crying and play.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #298385
01/20/20 10:37 PM
01/20/20 10:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calendar year is a bad idea. I would suggest August 1st or September 1st cutoff. That way everyone can play on grade who is of age. It is a big advantage holding back. The key to soccer is the player cards with birthdates. Lacrosse and ice hockey in the USA with the paucity of excellent training makes the holdbacks impact even more extreme compared to football, hoops and baseball. 20% of the top teams with the best training are holdbacks? Sooner you holdback the better for the individual you go from good on your on age team to star/ featured player on your team. You get 6 years of being a featured player/ most attention and training. The "super/ premier" clubs would resist this movement to go to all playing same age cohort as I think they feature the most holdbacks and the current model is working for them.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298388
01/21/20 08:52 AM
01/21/20 08:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I

Please go back to school and then try this post again.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298392
01/21/20 11:07 AM
01/21/20 11:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calendar year is a bad idea. I would suggest August 1st or September 1st cutoff. That way everyone can play on grade who is of age. It is a big advantage holding back. The key to soccer is the player cards with birthdates. Lacrosse and ice hockey in the USA with the paucity of excellent training makes the holdbacks impact even more extreme compared to football, hoops and baseball. 20% of the top teams with the best training are holdbacks? Sooner you holdback the better for the individual you go from good on your on age team to star/ featured player on your team. You get 6 years of being a featured player/ most attention and training. The "super/ premier" clubs would resist this movement to go to all playing same age cohort as I think they feature the most holdbacks and the current model is working for them.

How many LIDS had to google "paucity"?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298398
01/21/20 01:47 PM
01/21/20 01:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many LIDS had to google "paucity"?

Same amount of Maryland Mutt parents that hold back Sally because she can not hang on age

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #298407
01/21/20 05:27 PM
01/21/20 05:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents using the pre k year for lacrosse advantage are the smartest. How did they know so early. Quit your crying and play.

Seriously ??? - these girls are not being held back in pre-K - like your dismissive comment suggests. They're being held back in the middle school/high school transition. So don't be smart. They repeat 5th or 8th grade. And please don't act like it's not an advantage. It's insulting. I have no problem with whatever reason a family has for having their child repeat a grade - but it's definitely helpful to be at least one year up to 18 -22 months older then some of your opponents. Age based sports would eliminate that whole scenario. You just play with whoever was born the same year as you. Then it wouldn't matter at all what grade these kids are in. It works for soccer - it can work for lacrosse.

The M&D 24 black team just had a girl join their team who was a strong player on the 23's last year. She'll kill it at 24's. She's a great player - but being older helps tremendously.

Reply Quote
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification