BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The whole idea is that the girls get showcased to the college coaches eventually . If you are not an impact player on a great team you will be going to a garbage school. Find a place you shine.

That is it exactly

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole idea is that the girls get showcased to the college coaches eventually . If you are not an impact player on a great team you will be going to a garbage school. Find a place you shine.

I don't think every player has the desire to go play for a top D1 school. Some have academics as there most important college criteria. Meaning that if they can play for a top academic school (whether it's D1,D2, or D3) that is their objective. If you don't have the grades, you don't have a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think every player has the desire to go play for a top D1 school. Some have academics as there most important college criteria. Meaning that if they can play for a top academic school (whether it's D1,D2, or D3) that is their objective. If you don't have the grades, you don't have a chance.

Agreed -there are many D3 schools better academically than D1 and give merit aide for 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will agree but add that you need to be an impact player on whatever team you are on to be noticed by coaches. D1 and D2 give schollys so they are looking for the better girls. D3 still takes the best they can find first. So many parents think their mediocre lax D will be coveted by coaches -they are in for a rude awakening. Prents also think that lower D1 schools have horrible talent-also not true. They grab a few lower talent girls to fill roster but those girls never see the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will agree but add that you need to be an impact player on whatever team you are on to be noticed by coaches. D1 and D2 give schollys so they are looking for the better girls. D3 still takes the best they can find first. So many parents think their mediocre lax D will be coveted by coaches -they are in for a rude awakening. Prents also think that lower D1 schools have horrible talent-also not true. They grab a few lower talent girls to fill roster but those girls never see the field.

I agree -My D switched from A team where she was stuck at low attack retrieving missed shots mostly. She went to another club and played middie and was recruited aggressively even at a club that didnt win many Championships. She is happy at her very good academic college. We are trying to do the same with her sister now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Hero's got the best of M&D again this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its indoor lacrosse clown, and i'm assuming that most teams did not have full rosters playing due to other commitments, Basketball, field hockey, vacation, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D were missing many key players and speaking of getting the best how did the YJ game go. OH My what a blowout I think Spallina's kid is still scoring goals. Enjoy it now because at full strength its M&D by a landslide

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious as an outside “BOC” stalker, how was the officiating?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has their kids playing all winter so no excuses. It is pathetic to fight about indoor lax though. I feel bad for the kids that don't get a chance to play multiple sports due to the psycho M&D rules.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has their kids playing all winter so no excuses. It is pathetic to fight about indoor lax though. I feel bad for the kids that don't get a chance to play multiple sports due to the psycho M&D rules.

What "psycho M&D rules" are you referring to? A majority of the players are multi sport athletes and several missed this weekends tourney because of another sport conflict. Also, get your facts straight, the team doesn't do anymore tourneys than any other club. Ultimately, thanks for your concern for the kids but rest assured, they're thriving and doing well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What "psycho M&D rules" are you referring to? A majority of the players are multi sport athletes and several missed this weekends tourney because of another sport conflict. Also, get your facts straight, the team doesn't do anymore tourneys than any other club. Ultimately, thanks for your concern for the kids but rest assured, they're thriving and doing well

We have a few M&D girls on our team that always miss games and practices due to lacrosse obligations in the winter so calling BS on M&D dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D were missing many key players and speaking of getting the best how did the YJ game go. OH My what a blowout I think Spallina's kid is still scoring goals. Enjoy it now because at full strength its M&D by a landslide

I think we're in for some good lacrosse this summer. The YJ team is great, but if you watched the game, the Heros team really pulled it together in the second half. Too bad there was not enough time on the clock. After playing together all spring and summer Heros, M&D and YJ are all going to be a lot of fun to watch compete against one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So.... M&D was the only team without their full roster ?? Always excuses. Their best player being out of middfield hurts - but I'm sure other teams had girls playing other sports too. i know Heros did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D encourages kids to play multiple sports. Anybody that says otherwise is misinformed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see girls from Hero's and MnD every week at other sporting events (basketball, soccer, fh, etc...). I can't speak for Hero's but MnD encourages girls to play multiple sports during the off season but during the spring and summer lacrosse should be the focus. It's safe to say that both teams were missing players and I can probably bet YJ was missing a few also. If your 2-3 ringers played this weekend your team probably had an advantage. if not you were at a disadvantage. So any "who beat who" is moot. Its the spring and summer games that count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we're in for some good lacrosse this summer. The YJ team is great, but if you watched the game, the Heros team really pulled it together in the second half. Too bad there was not enough time on the clock. After playing together all spring and summer Heros, M&D and YJ are all going to be a lot of fun to watch compete against one another.

heros had a great tournament til they ran into the YJ team. I did stay for the final or at least most of it and it was ugly YJ was up 10 plus most of the game and at one point 15 goals ( when we left) sounds like heros scored a few late but still lost by close to 10 . As far as time on the clock you lost by a large margin. Think these three teams are clearly the best I would say YJ is by far and away the best Then M&D and Heros a very distant 2 or 3 depending on the day. The big questions are who is after the top three. Skywalkers, Grizzlies, Primetime, Pride, LBC, Eagle sticks Salt C, Monsters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see girls from Hero's and MnD every week at other sporting events (basketball, soccer, fh, etc...). I can't speak for Hero's but MnD encourages girls to play multiple sports during the off season but during the spring and summer lacrosse should be the focus. It's safe to say that both teams were missing players and I can probably bet YJ was missing a few also. If your 2-3 ringers played this weekend your team probably had an advantage. if not you were at a disadvantage. So any "who beat who" is moot. Its the spring and summer games that count.

It all counts Did you tell your daughter it doesnt count when she was stepping out on the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all counts Did you tell your daughter it doesnt count when she was stepping out on the field

You're right. It counts for the kids but does it really mean anything for parents? I have seen enough of these teams to know if a player or players are missing it makes a difference. Given this was an optional game for most clubs some parents/kids opted to sit this one out. If Hero's was at full strength for the game I would have more concern that they only beat MnD by a couple goals. Especially knowing who was missing on the MnD end. If Hero's was missing players also, then as I said the game was "moot" and you cannot judge either on who was missing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash, none of this "counts". Remember the whole reason your daughter is even playing club lacrosse. It makes no darn difference who wins these games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash, none of this "counts". Remember the whole reason your daughter is even playing club lacrosse. It makes no darn difference who wins these games.

100% this. I saw MnD and Heros girls hug after their game. My daughter isn't even on either of those teams, but to look at this board you would think they were mortal enemies. These Children just want to go play a game with their friends. As parents we want them to learn the game and get better. Nothing else matters at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*this*

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% this. I saw MnD and Heros girls hug after their game. My daughter isn't even on either of those teams, but to look at this board you would think they were mortal enemies. These Children just want to go play a game with their friends. As parents we want them to learn the game and get better. Nothing else matters at this point.

*this*

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a coach I can honestly say that it is the parents that ruin this whole process by pressuring these kids to play too much too early. You don't see the kids talking trash about indoor (make believe lax) . It is the nonathletic parents or the ex mens lax dad's that cause most of the issues. Let the girls be balanced kids and not lose their middle and high school years because dad wants her to go D1 to brag to friends. In college no one cares about which club team you played on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will they all be at Nationals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, most Baltimore clubs shut down after Mid Atlantic Club Championship, and some clubs start having tryouts for next season. Most go on vacation. We will let NY clubs play each other for some fake prize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, most Baltimore clubs shut down after Mid Atlantic Club Championship, and some clubs start having tryouts for next season. Most go on vacation. We will let NY clubs play each other for some fake prize.

Fake?, it's sponsored by US Lacrosse?

I get that the Mid Atlantic was the "event" back in the day, but times have changed. Aren't they the same week this year anyway?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ?!? Just because M&D isn't in it or Chris Robinson doesn't make money off of it - does not mean it's a fake prize. Wow the arrogance of M&D people kills me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams show up at Nationals. Last I checked, There was like 6 teams, with YJ having 3 of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ?!? Just because M&D isn't in it or Chris Robinson doesn't make money off of it - does not mean it's a fake prize. Wow the arrogance of M&D people kills me

How do you know this is M&D. Friends with parents on other teams and age groups and everyone is happy once the MA wraps up and we can enjoy our 2 weeks of summer. Most MD (not M&D) teams know that there is no need to travel outside of the area to play good competition. When we do, we end driving 3 hours to play the same teams we could play at home (Lax for the Cure).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just M&D people. Teams stopped attending nationals years ago. YJ wins every year because there is no competition. Not sure why Carol Rose continues to send teams there. There have been years that the championship has been between a YJ A and B team. Waste of time. Yes, it's the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic. Check the tournament websites for lists of teams attending the two tournaments and you tell me which makes more sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just M&D people. Teams stopped attending nationals years ago. YJ wins every year because there is no competition. Not sure why Carol Rose continues to send teams there. There have been years that the championship has been between a YJ A and B team. Waste of time. Yes, it's the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic. Check the tournament websites for lists of teams attending the two tournaments and you tell me which makes more sense.

Also, no one wants to play Spalina's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros/Skywalkers/MND play the same tourneys year in and year out. They don’t sons get any teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference is four months - not two. If you include a couple of repeats it increases to about five months. It can matter depending on who the kids are and certainly if there is an advantage it diminishes over time. LI exaggerates it and MD minimizes it - probably somewhere in the middle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference is four months - not two. If you include a couple of repeats it increases to about five months. It can matter depending on who the kids are and certainly if there is an advantage it diminishes over time. LI exaggerates it and MD minimizes it - probably somewhere in the middle.

The best is the in state fighting on the topic. Where you have the M&D Red Team parents saying that the Black Team is all hold backs and Red Team are the "true" 2025s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

It’s not September of the previous year is 3 months earlier. Which might be 3-4 girls but keep using that as a excuse. What ever make long inlanders sleep well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to a calendar year is the ONLY way to solve the holdback age problem. The reasons to hold your kid nack are personal but its definitely an advantage.when my daughter began 7th grade she was tweleve and a half. She turned 13 in February. But a girl on her yeam turned 14 in the end of September - but some if the girls on the team had just turned 12 in july and august. That made this player a full 22 and 23 months older than her teammates. That is a huge advantage - especially for middle school girls. Since then our team has added another girl who really should be in the grade above. If it van work for soccer which has way more partivipants - it can work for lacrosse.

Since this is a 25's forum ill use the m&d black 25's as an example.... two of their starting midfielders shpuld be in tbe 24's. Both are impact players.

I

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard