BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do we rank the LI teams in this age group?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colbert is also an outstanding coach. Team will fun to watch and we’ll prepared.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Colbert is also an outstanding coach. Team will fun to watch and we’ll prepared.

Isn't Thorn the coach? She won states last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.
This team has chemistry already and is ready to take on anyone in this grade.

lmao joke top teams are in MD....truth

MD top teams? We'll see this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn is a varsity soccer coach. Hope Colbert had fun this fall because he will not be running anything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.

A lot of bolster for a team that has not done anything in 5 years. You literally had to join another team and pay the other teams coach to make yourselves feel relevant. You guys are a couple years late to the party.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.

lmao joke top teams are in MD....truth

MD top teams? We'll see this summer

Yawn.....to both. Awake me when the "new and improved" YJ come back down to earth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colbert is a solid coach. New mix of players will be deep. This is not a team where half the girls sit the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice stats, Proud Papagop. Go get em'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With players that started on Varsity in 8th grade on 7 different top teams, 4 Under Armor U15 All Americans, 4 making Team USA U15 combine and 2 making the team, the top 2023 goalie in country, and a combination of top Igloo talent and YJ talent. You make your stunad statement because you want to stir the pot.

This team also had 6-8 make the callback team at UA underclassman tryouts.
You are correct; 4 made the actual team, 2 from Nassau and 2 from Suffolk. This summer the UA command team will have those 4 and probably 4 more

Long Island rankings for 2023
TJ thorn
TG black
Legacy
Jesters
YJ B
Elevate
Empire

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a mess this year with UA Underclass the same weekend as G8. What will girls do? And more importantly where will coaches be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Colbert is a solid coach. New mix of players will be deep. This is not a team where half the girls sit the bench.

When it comes to tournament playoff games they absolutely will be sitting the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct; 4 made the actual team, 2 from Nassau and 2 from Suffolk. This summer the UA command team will have those 4 and probably 4 more

TJ thorn
TG black
Legacy
Jesters
YJ B
Elevate
Empire

In the 2020 age group TG had the top team. It all fell apart when Levy left to start Legacy and an excellent group of players went to YJ. Before the season YJ were the hands down best team in the country prior to playing a game. Many of those players went to top D1 schools however on the field the team didn't share the ball and selfish play was at an all time high. The Dream team didn't turn out that way lots of unhappy players and parents. There were too mouths to feed. Everyone trying to prove they were the top player. The moral to the story is players get recruited not teams. If you don't get good play time who cares how many games you win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TJ thorn
TG black
Legacy
Jesters
YJ B
Elevate
Empire

All those UA superstars and only 1 ball with a Dad coach sounds like it will be a great summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a mess this year with UA Underclass the same weekend as G8. What will girls do? And more importantly where will coaches be?

We are being told from the head of the club my daughter plays for that we are expected to be at G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nike Schools - G8, Under Armour Schools - UA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Quite a mess this year with UA Underclass the same weekend as G8. What will girls do? And more importantly where will coaches be?

We are being told from the head of the club my daughter plays for that we are expected to be at G8.

G8 is the best tournament. Lots of college coaches easy to get to beautiful turf fields and excellent competition. I put my club team ahead of UA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Quite a mess this year with UA Underclass the same weekend as G8. What will girls do? And more importantly where will coaches be?

G8 is the best tournament. Lots of college coaches easy to get to beautiful turf fields and excellent competition. I put my club team ahead of UA team.

So do you not have your daughter tryout for UA?? Not sure I would choose my club over UA if my daughter made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure Nike G8 will have many coaches there; very nice tourney.
UA will as well being it still has the best players from different regions all over the country.
I am sure the top 20 will be well represented at UA
I am not sure how good your daughter is, but if she can make that team and the goal is being recruited, then this is the one tourney you kindly say no thank you to your club coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nike Schools - G8, Under Armour Schools - UA

Head Coaches will be at one and assistants will be at the other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So for many, many years now I have been going to UA. There had been close to zero college coaches there, ever. The fact is that is a small tournament as far as the number of girls there, and nearly all the girls that did go were already committed. No reason for coaches to go. This will now change with the new Junior year communications rule in NCAA. But it was never a recruiting event, ever. And it was never about being seen there. But it is the absolute best stamp your daughter (or son) can put on their resume. Especially if you are from a highly competitive area. This trumps G8 big time, if your kid makes it, you gotta let her go. G8 is a good tournament, but the coaches will have tons and tons of opportunities at dozens of other tournaments. To put it in perspective, there will be hundreds and hundreds of LI kids playing at G8. Want to separate a player from those hundreds, be one of the 20 kids from the two age groups combined to be selected for UA. Does not matter if there are no coaches there, they know exactly who makes this team. No Brainer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA will as well being it still has the best players from different regions all over the country.
I am not sure how good your daughter is, but if she can make that team and the goal is being recruited, then this is the one tourney you kindly say no thank you to your club coach.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Quite a mess this year with UA Underclass the same weekend as G8. What will girls do? And more importantly where will coaches be?

My daughter is excellent however the girls that made it last year had a lot of political pull. It’s more than being a good player the evaluations are done by coaches who push their own players. Can’t blame them it is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We been to both... with no hesitation I will tell you to go to Under Armour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely. G8 is a great tournament, but it's just that, a club tournament. If you are in a hot bed and make the UA team you have to go. The person saying that there aren't many coaches at UA don't know what they're talking about. While they've mostly cleared out by the time the playoffs start the days before that are packed with the best coaches in the country. With the new rules, 3 of the 4 grades that attend the Underclass tournament will be uncommitted. It's a shame that the two overlap this year but you'd be crazy to turn down UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely. G8 is a great tournament, but it's just that, a club tournament. If you are in a hot bed and make the UA team you have to go. The person saying that there aren't many coaches at UA don't know what they're talking about. While they've mostly cleared out by the time the playoffs start the days before that are packed with the best coaches in the country. With the new rules, 3 of the 4 grades that attend the Underclass tournament will be uncommitted. It's a shame that the two overlap this year but you'd be crazy to turn down UA.

100%, you make the UA team from areas like Baltimore, DC, NJ or Long Island then you go to UA. Very hard to make but all the top coaches are there cause it brings together the best of the best from all over the country. Any of the 12 regions is a great accomplishment to make. West and Southwest , south and Midwest are still more behind than the boys are in catching up to the Northeast but they are getting better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%, you make the UA team from areas like Baltimore, DC, NJ or Long Island then you go to UA. Very hard to make but all the top coaches are there cause it brings together the best of the best from all over the country. Any of the 12 regions is a great accomplishment to make. West and Southwest , south and Midwest are still more behind than the boys are in catching up to the Northeast but they are getting better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure the UA is great but so is the G8. I know girls from 21 class who are going to top 10 schools didn't make UA team in Baltimore region or didn't even try out. Outside the Baltimore or NE region the girls making the UA drop off big time.

If you think that the UA is going to make or break your recruiting it isn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure the UA is great but so is the G8. I know girls from 21 class who are going to top 10 schools didn't make UA team in Baltimore region or didn't even try out. Outside the Baltimore or NE region the girls making the UA drop off big time.

If your club tells you your expected to represent your team at G8 then I would listen. Don’t get mad at your daughters lack of playing time in the tournaments preceding G8 if you choose no to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very unfortunate that the two events overlap because they are both great. My daughter has played in G8 and has been on an under armour team. We live in a hotbed and being on UA did not help her get recruited, being on a good team (club, prospect and hs) and playing well in good (good = well attended by coaches) events did. If you live in a non hotbed area and are on a team that typically does not draw a lot of coaches, do UA. Otherwise, play well at G8 and the rest of the events your teams play in and go to the prospect events at the schools you want to go to and meet the coaches and tell them you want to go to school there and play there. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your club tells you your expected to represent your team at G8 then I would listen. Don’t get mad at your daughters lack of playing time in the tournaments preceding G8 if you choose no to.

Maybe listen if they were going to bench your daughter for going, and then look for a new club for next season. If the club is any good, they typically will have a few players who make the UA annually, and they will understand that it a huge accomplishment for the player and for their club. They should whole heartedly support any and all girls who make it. Knowing that a club would not allow my daughter to attend if she made AU, I would be looking for a new club the following year. What club is telling kids they cant go? Cant imagine any of the Big Dogs are saying that, they know all too well what it means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reese and Levy were watching the younger girls semis last year (along with Stanford, Oregon, etc.). Coaches were definitely at UA last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 - far from a TORCH. More like a candle flickering in the wind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team has more talent than that new YJ 23 Thorn team?? Honestly top to bottom no team on Long Island or anywhere for that matter compares. Not saying they are the best team, or they win every tourney, but when this class starts committing, no team will have more kids going to top D1 programs than YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team has more talent than that new YJ 23 Thorn team?? Honestly top to bottom no team on Long Island or anywhere for that matter compares. Not saying they are the best team, or they win every tourney, but when this class starts committing, no team will have more kids going to top D1 programs than YJ

This age group definitely benefits from all the teams that the YJ club has produced in years prior. Quite frequently the YJ top teams are the most highly recruited players of any team in the country, that aside, this particular age group has been way below par for typical YJ teams. Maybe now after all the combination of teams and coaches etc, this team “might” approach what it should have been all along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He who laughs LAST, laughs BEST. 🎤

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He who laughs LAST, laughs BEST. 🎤

Yup. We're laughing at your kid on the bench. Enjoy the show!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a very deep team. That is the different between YJ and others. You see it on the 2020, 2021, 2023, and now you will see it on 2023. The top players from other teams can compete with them but when you begin subbing. It is no comparison. This becomes obvious when September rolls around. The best academic and athletic schools are grabbing the yellow jackets. This year if you remember what happened in September was a great example. Say what you want but the the YJ girls were scooped up first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ 2023 - far from a TORCH. More like a candle flickering in the wind.

Honestly speaking do you care where the other girls on your team end up. Does it matter if you have the most D1 commits? I wish them all the best but my priority is my daughter and she ends up going to the school she wants to go to. Deep team to me means less play time for my daughter. Win, lose or draw my daughter will be on the field where coaches can watch her. I've never seen a coach care about who's standing on the sideline of this deep lacrosse team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is a very deep team. That is the different between YJ and others. You see it on the 2020, 2021, 2023, and now you will see it on 2023. The top players from other teams can compete with them but when you begin subbing. It is no comparison. This becomes obvious when September rolls around. The best academic and athletic schools are grabbing the yellow jackets. This year if you remember what happened in September was a great example. Say what you want but the the YJ girls were scooped up first.

When it comes to show cases you want as much play time as possible more opportunity to be seen by coaches. As far as the YJ are concerned there will be little to no subbing in playoff games so the depth won't matter. If your daughter is not a starter she won't get on the field. Don't for a second think play time will be distributed equally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is a very deep team. That is the different between YJ and others. You see it on the 2020, 2021, 2023, and now you will see it on 2023. The top players from other teams can compete with them but when you begin subbing. It is no comparison. This becomes obvious when September rolls around. The best academic and athletic schools are grabbing the yellow jackets. This year if you remember what happened in September was a great example. Say what you want but the the YJ girls were scooped up first.

When it comes to show cases you want as much play time as possible more opportunity to be seen by coaches. As far as the YJ are concerned there will be little to no subbing in playoff games so the depth won't matter. If your daughter is not a starter she won't get on the field. Don't for a second think play time will be distributed equally.

2021 Yj political girls ending up at schools that are ehh, some still not committed.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard