BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
defense on terps very sketchy not same quality as gladiators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both have great players, both have great coaches, one team played a better game yesterday, move on!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i quess terps black are beginning to get everything they've paid for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

defense? they lost EVERY faceoff.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i quess terps black are beginning to get everything they've paid for

didn't they pay for same thing the terps did? Why the shot at terps black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won a couple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of fl$ / 91 white 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Gladiator parent, no they did not lose every face-off, a very good team. We were much better today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators finally won a game against a quality team and acted like they just won the NCAA finals.

Hard for the Terps to get up for team they repeatedly whipped previously. In addition to that, they haven't practiced in weeks, were missing 5 starters (had to use a 7th grade borrowed goalie, who did pretty well with the poor defensive showing) and you have a recipe for a loss.

Big deal.

Enjoy the moment of glory. It won't last. Not with the full team assembled.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice exaggeration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slanted statement, it didn't seem like Gladiators defense was tested at all. The Gladiator offense had the ball from the opening whistle to the end of game. Top Faceoff kid on LI is the Gladiator player!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators finally won a game against a quality team and acted like they just won the NCAA finals.

Hard for the Terps to get up for team they repeatedly whipped previously. In addition to that, they haven't practiced in weeks, were missing 5 starters (had to use a 7th grade borrowed goalie, who did pretty well with the poor defensive showing) and you have a recipe for a loss.

Big deal.

Wow pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal.

Mr.Terp Black, nice way to BASH your sons defensive teammates and make excuses why your team lost. They bulk of your team was there, FACT! Our guys won because they been working hard and getting on the map of the "BIG" clubs! And tell your offense to help your defense and learn value the ball, grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did not repeatedly beat them, you beat them once, they beat you once. WAAAWAAAAAAAAAAA you were missing guys, so were they, and the one ref was your best friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in the fight but didn't Terp Black loose to a team in Baltimore a few weeks ago and True blue a few weeks before that there just an average team nothing special

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in the fight but didn't Terp Black loose to a team in Baltimore a few weeks ago and True blue a few weeks before that there just an average team nothing special

Pretty opinionated & insulting for a guy (or gal) with NO DOG IN THE FIGHT, interesting! I know there are many extremely talented players on the Terps Black team, a team that has been in a slump the past few weeks for sure. Im sure several will be ncaa recruits in a year or two, thats kinda what matters I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dog in the fight my A%S! Same Terp Black team that have victories over Trueblue in a Championship, Gladiators, Dukes, Breakers, Tri State black, Green Turtle and West Coast Stars.

So I think my son's team will be ok. So enough about my sons team, what team is your son on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last time i checked the maryland crabs were NOT you average lacrosse team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did not repeatedly beat them, you beat them once, they beat you once. WAAAWAAAAAAAAAAA you were missing guys, so were they, and the one ref was your best friend.

That ref friend explains why the glad he ater her player was allowed tomjumpmtje whistle no less than four times. (if u were actually paying attention.)

And the best face off kid is a turtle. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhh, the ole "I have no dog in the fight"...........Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the team that had so many players that they had to split into two teams and continues to have new recruits randomly show up every few weeks was short players?? And this same team that practiced several times a week through the Fall & Winter and played at least six tournaments before the Spring is complaining about not practicing the last few weeks?? Great stuff!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not same team as last year lost a few players to gladiators team 91 and true blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the team that had so many players that they had to split into two teams and continues to have new recruits randomly show up every few weeks was short players?? And this same team that practiced several times a week through the Fall & Winter and played at least six tournaments before the Spring is complaining about not practicing the last few weeks?? Great stuff!

I guess their coach is busy, I heard he coaches 3 or 4 express teams and high school, is that too much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only girls but sorry i hit a sore spot enjoy your 13 yr old son and his great team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. That was the most excuses I have ever seen in one sentence. God forbid a team loses a game because the other team plays better on a given day. Kids might actually improve and learn from that.

When the parents blame it on everything from the weather, motivation to win, goalie from different team (which you shouldn't do, and is very good goalie) you take away from the kids who went out and played hard.

They are 13 years old and will win and lose many more games and will forget most of the scores.

The parents.........they are unfortunately stuck with!

Seems to be a lot more important to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. That was the most excuses I have ever seen in one sentence. God forbid a team loses a game because the other team plays better on a given day. Kids might actually improve and learn from that.

When the parents blame it on everything from the weather, motivation to win, goalie from different team (which you shouldn't do, and is very good goalie) you take away from the kids who went out and played hard.

They are 13 years old and will win and lose many more games and will forget most of the scores.

The parents.........they are unfortunately stuck with!

Seems to be a lot more important to them.

Great post and i agree, and I'm a terps black parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best face off kid on LI at this age is on the Turtles. The face off kids on Terp and Glads i am sure will attest to that as well.

Both teams are quality teams and both will do very well through the summer tournament season. No reason to get to high or to low over an OBLL game. Does give both teams a measurement stick as to where they are at today and what they each need to work on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators beat terps black 8-4

Holy cow, did you post that from your phone at the field? Or wait till you got home? lol.

OMG!! The "Mighty Black Terps" lost a game & someone is rubbing it in their face? Can you imagine????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal.

WOW!!! How sad that you can dish it out after every win yet, for a loss you're all full of excuses!! As many people have posted during your "Gloating" sessions..."Any Given Sunday"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best face off kid on LI at this age is on the Turtles. The face off kids on Terp and Glads i am sure will attest to that as well.

Both teams are quality teams and both will do very well through the summer tournament season. No reason to get to high or to low over an OBLL game. Does give both teams a measurement stick as to where they are at today and what they each need to work on.

I agree, both the Terps and the Gladiators are very good teams. I have a son on another 2017 travel team and we have played both teams. Both teams will be a force to be reckoned with into the summer season. I dont understand all the bickering and jealousy. All the kids seem to get along and respect each other, maybe we should follow their example?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was watching this game and I am a neutral observer(we had the following game on Sunday, but my som knows some boys on Express so we came early to watch) First of all they are both great teams that are playing higher than their grade or age would attest. The speed that both these teams play at is impressive. That said the Gladiators seemed more crisp on Sunday. They were consistent w/clears, ground balls, slides, passes etc. The Express less consistent overall espcially on ground balls and clears. It was a good game to watch, especially for my son so he can see what the next level is all about and what will be expected of him in the coming years. Again as I have posted before I do not think the boys really care about wins and losses 10 minutes after the game ends. Some of the parents however that is another story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the turtles, they are the most overrated
Team on li. Not that good, they don't play anyone!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty opinionated & insulting for a guy (or gal) with NO DOG IN THE FIGHT, interesting! I know there are many extremely talented players on the Terps Black team, a team that has been in a slump the past few weeks for sure. Im sure several will be ncaa recruits in a year or two, thats kinda what matters I guess.

"Opinionated & insulting"? It really is annoying when parents come on here to gloat after their 13 year olds son team wins a game isnt it... Terp Black parents spent over a week gloating over a win @ the Shamrock Shootout! They actually started rankings, placing themselves above every team on LI because they won a fall tourny. Maybe you can see how obnoxious it is. Im sure there will be several NCAA recruits from many of these teams in the next couple, few years. & yes, you are right, "thats kinda what matters" Parents, bickering over who has the best 8th grade team is pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents, bickering over who has the best 8th grade team is pathetic.

Pathetic yes but for those of us who aren't trying to live through our kids and aren't lunatics it's VERY entertaining!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pathetic yes but for those of us who aren't trying to live through our kids and aren't lunatics it's VERY entertaining!

I agree its entertaining. My son is on a club team but he is quite a bit younger so I dont know anyone on the teams mentioned. I am on this post b/c its the OBLL and my son plays in the league. Something that strikes me as interesting is the comment that the team is in a slump. I have never heard or read of one of these top youth lax teams being in a slump. Seems reasonable right, any team can be in a slump or perhaps other teams just surpass teams in talent or through practice. It would seem that whoever wins the summer tournaments are the dominant teams, period. Slump, no slump, missing kids, too many kids, bad coaches, not enough practices, club charges too much, whatever. It all should get determined at the local summer tournaments. until then the trash talking is entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man am I glad my kid plays on Team 91...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entertaining? Entertaining like a train wreck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entertaining? Entertaining like a train wreck?

So if its "entertaining", "pathetic" and a TRAIN WRECK than why do you and all the others (on your high horses) read opinions and feelings on here? why come to the board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if its "entertaining", "pathetic" and a TRAIN WRECK than why do you and all the others (on your high horses) read opinions and feelings on here? why come to the board?

You answered your own question it's entertaining reading comments from all of these non athletic parents that could never make a sports team rant, rave, and live through there kids.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard