Warrior AAG
#298222 01/14/20 01:55 PM
R
ReeeLax Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
R
Anyone have any insight on the Warrior All America Games? Is this just another money grab? Or all the tryouts/competition legitimately competitive and all the gear worth it?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Warrior AAG
ReeeLax #298233 01/14/20 11:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ReeeLax
Anyone have any insight on the Warrior All America Games? Is this just another money grab? Or all the tryouts/competition legitimately competitive and all the gear worth it?

it's a mess. Terrible communication last year. If you happen to have a cool regional coach who basically takes over the situation and team, then lucky you if he/she likes your kid. If you are relying on unbiased consideration and fair playing time, keep dreaming. And the talent is definitely not peak. Some OK kids but very random.

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #298238 01/15/20 08:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will wind up giving away half the garbage they give you. No competition. No organization. And my son was on the team that won last year! lol My son playing with some new kids was good, and we had a good time hanging out after, like any other tourney. But for overall dollar worth, if you have disposable income, I guess its worth it, but we wont be doing it again. And CoachC uses it just to poach kids for his 40 man team. lol

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #298241 01/15/20 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went last year. Fun but not much talent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298245 01/15/20 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by ReeeLax

it's a mess. Terrible communication last year. If you happen to have a cool regional coach who basically takes over the situation and team, then lucky you if he/she likes your kid. If you are relying on unbiased consideration and fair playing time, keep dreaming. And the talent is definitely not peak. Some OK kids but very random.

Total money grab. Went last year. The equipment is sized poorly and uncomfortable. I literally don't know where any of my kids stuff is, he wouldn't use it. This should tell you a lot..... We had tryouts, found out we made the team. PAID OUR MONEY, then we literally received 0 communication, no meet ups, no team intro, no coaches intro, nothing. No one tried to get the teams together for a meal outside of what Warrior did. Other teams met prior and had dinners. We had to randomly walk around fields the first day to see who the heck our team was and coaches. The team was flat out terrible. A very very disappointing experience. I was glad to spend some time traveling with my kid, but could have paid the same to go fishing and had a much better experience.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
ReeeLax #298246 01/15/20 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a huge money grab and Warrior knows people are catching on. This year everyone that played last summer got a guaranteed spot without trying out. We did it last year, wont do it again. And I asked the same question you are asking last year and got the same responses. I should of listened but didn't.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298252 01/15/20 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a huge money grab and Warrior knows people are catching on. This year everyone that played last summer got a guaranteed spot without trying out. We did it last year, wont do it again. And I asked the same question you are asking last year and got the same responses. I should of listened but didn't.

This^^^^^^^

Now I have to hear "I told you" every time it comes up

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #298255 01/15/20 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pros and cons depending your kids age and team. if you are older and need more college looks because you are on team that doesnt get looks, sure..would assume same for youth but only if the coach is top tier like a coach c and your kid can more to there club. or you can spend money on a good camp as alternative. if your kid plays on a great team already just depends if you want to spend extra money as your kid probably already just played nlf tournament. pros and cons like everythng

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298259 01/15/20 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will wind up giving away half the garbage they give you. No competition. No organization. And my son was on the team that won last year! lol My son playing with some new kids was good, and we had a good time hanging out after, like any other tourney. But for overall dollar worth, if you have disposable income, I guess its worth it, but we wont be doing it again. And CoachC uses it just to poach kids for his 40 man team. lol

Just an observation but, who in lacrosse doesn't have disposable income? The whole club scene is disposable income.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298269 01/15/20 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pros and cons depending your kids age and team. if you are older and need more college looks because you are on team that doesnt get looks, sure..would assume same for youth but only if the coach is top tier like a coach c and your kid can more to there club. or you can spend money on a good camp as alternative. if your kid plays on a great team already just depends if you want to spend extra money as your kid probably already just played nlf tournament. pros and cons like everythng

money grab

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #298274 01/15/20 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God Awful, do not waste your time and money. We went last year and it was a complete joke. Disorganized mess and the talent was horrible. So funny that they could put a name out there like "all america" and have people think theyre special when the talent was awful. Do not i repeat do not waste your time and money, you will regret it. It took me not even 2 hours of being there before i turned to my wife and said "one and done, this is terrible" and she agreed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298276 01/15/20 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

money grab

why?

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #298296 01/16/20 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid did it the past two years and had a blast. It isn't a recruiting event, unless you are looking for D3 schools. We did it because we were there for the NLF and his friends were doing it. They now added his age group again this year, but going to pass.

Like Reply Quote
ReeeLax #298755 01/31/20 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to look at it for what it is, it's an experience. So yea, people call it a ,money grab... the largest expense might be meals and hotel. My kid did it, had a great time, with friends. Competition was so-so, but also depends on the year. If you're kid wants to do it, do it. Are you getting a college coach recruiting you from this event,? Probably not. That's not why we chose to do it though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298798 01/31/20 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This^^^^^^^

Now I have to hear "I told you" every time it comes up

Did it. Wish I didn't. It's not run by Warrior, it is run by Dynamic Sports (aka 91) which they try to hide. But yes, it's 91 and it is a money grab where you do not get even close to your money's worth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard