Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Legacy Boys Lacrosse Evaluations on Aug 24th! | Shore2Shore 2028-2031 Free Evaluation Camp set for Aug 24th & 25th!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 07:24 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 07:07 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 06:31 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 06:13 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 04:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,079
Posts269,047
Members2,198
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 112 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 111 112
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #298185 01/13/20 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recruit who. Who is recruiting. How is it even possible to recruit. Every single good lacrosse player is on a club team. So your saying kids will leave their current teams to play for other teams. Are you saying they will just play on 2 teams. I don’t even understand what possible recruiting is being done. Fill me in.

The correct term is 'poaching'. There is precedence from last year if you have doubts. Top players from one club jumped ship to join another and that club took home the trophy. Ask your friends.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #298186 01/13/20 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup! That’s what 91 is doing!

Every team is.

My money is on 91 hoisting the trophy in the end. They have to formula and will recruit, recruit, then recruit some more.

Only matter of time before they reach out to LE and ask to use their goaile. Might be the best at the '25 level.

Who is LE?

Leading Edge

Anonymous #298187 01/13/20 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also think if your son in on the bottom half of the roster and you spend $8k to watch him play for two minutes a game , sounds like a great plane ride home !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous #298188 01/13/20 03:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a scam!! I love the "It will be a great experience" Will it? Your dragging your family 1/2 way across the country to sit on a crappy field only to get the snot kicked out of you by Express? And paying $8k for the privilege? Sounds like a real bonding moment that will solidify your family and your wallet for years to come! My bad....you get a warp mini. They were like $60.....

Your son gets to play on Colorado grass while you're in the parking lot smokin' it. It's a huge party out there.

Anonymous #298195 01/13/20 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is LE? Do you mean WP (Wolfpack)?

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #298200 01/14/20 01:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you’re all aware apparently 91 has a “ person” involved with these rankings that’s why 91 is ranked so high and undeservingly so. That 91 team lost to town teams last season, give me a break with the number 2 ranking. They are not that good. What a joke.

Anonymous #298202 01/14/20 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also think if your son in on the bottom half of the roster and you spend $8k to watch him play for two minutes a game , sounds like a great plane ride home !!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO Unfortunately those people don’t see that now. They will eventually and kick themselves. It’s not that your son isn’t a good player, these teams have great players and it’s about winning. Put your son on a team where he can be the best player and help players around him get better. Not hang on and hope for a few minutes for playing time on a team where if you left nobody would notice. All the speed and agility and training won’t get your son to the starting line, because the starters are working just as hard. It will help down the line in HS, for now just focus on instilling confidence by letting your son succeed on the field. Playing with better players doesn’t make you better when your not playing. And why put that pressure on kids when they do play.

TM@BOTC #298206 01/14/20 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone really say its "a great party out there"? Your spending 8K to get loaded in front of your kid and act like a stunad with other parents? That' some priority. well I hope you enjoy it. Apparently everyone qualifies this year because the other regions are falling apart fast. PARTY ON!

TM@BOTC #298229 01/14/20 06:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a great event and the teams who do it have a blast. what is wrong with a tournament that brings together some of the best in the country? last year was great

Anonymous #298234 01/15/20 01:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is LE? Do you mean WP (Wolfpack)?

WP goalie is going from a great win to playing down a grade in a crushing loss. Happy 4th!

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #298237 01/15/20 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a great event and the teams who do it have a blast. what is wrong with a tournament that brings together some of the best in the country? last year was great

Hardly the best teams in the country. Last year’s winner needed to bring in new kids and a new Coach just to claim they are the best in the world. What a crock of BS. They were so good that they lost in pool play at NLF a week later and bailed on their Sunday schedule. What is the message there? The only beneficiary is the club that keeps promoting their WSYL wins against sub-par competition and forcing its players and parents to attend. Complete farce and disgrace - save your money for clinics and get your kid on Varsity as an underclassman: that carries much more weight on a lax resume than a WSYL championship (Yawn).

TM@BOTC #298272 01/15/20 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to be discreet with "last years winner", we all know it was 91 wolfpack, lol. And yes that was a disgusting move on their part to leave a tournament because they knew they were not advancing in the NLF tournament , leaving the team they were going to play hanging the next day. But hey thats 91 for you........shouldnt surprise anyone anymore, they are low intellect trash that cry and make excuses when they dont win

TM@BOTC #298279 01/15/20 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a good fun lineup at Barn Battle this weekend. Express, Rush, Rebels, Regulators and 91. I don’t think it’s Blast though. I think they stopped playing box after losing to a few mediocre PA teams. Either way, it looks like a fun day of box!

Anonymous #298287 01/16/20 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly the best teams in the country. Last year’s winner needed to bring in new kids and a new Coach just to claim they are the best in the world. What a crock of BS. They were so good that they lost in pool play at NLF a week later and bailed on their Sunday schedule. What is the message there? The only beneficiary is the club that keeps promoting their WSYL wins against sub-par competition and forcing its players and parents to attend. Complete farce and disgrace - save your money for clinics and get your kid on Varsity as an underclassman: that carries much more weight on a lax resume than a WSYL championship (Yawn).

This is 100% true. My youngest is a '25 (I also have a '20 and a '21, the middle guy went to Denver, the older guy did not) and I can tell you from experience that after this year, no one cares about travel lacrosse other than club directors and parents of kids still playing middle school lacrosse. Sure, there are tourneys and the kids all play year round and get better, and that's awesome. But, club lacrosse becomes a vehicle to get to varsity. By next year, many of the boys will be playing JV for their schools while the truly top kids will be playing on varsity. The focus shifts completely. Kids play club to keep up with the ever-increasing talent of HS lax on LI. While the elite talent (top 5 or 6 kids on LI) will get looked at club showcases in 10th and 11th grade, everyone below them will attend individual showcases and go to prospect camps for the schools that they have interest in. Thats the reality. 95% of the commits you read about had to go out on their own, contact schools and coaches, send in film, and go to prospect camps. My advice would be to enjoy this year and not get caught up in the nonsense. Denver was a pretty good experience (a lot of really bad teams and a few good ones), but in reality, no one cares about it when you get home.

Anonymous #298317 01/17/20 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% true. My youngest is a '25 (I also have a '20 and a '21, the middle guy went to Denver, the older guy did not) and I can tell you from experience that after this year, no one cares about travel lacrosse other than club directors and parents of kids still playing middle school lacrosse. Sure, there are tourneys and the kids all play year round and get better, and that's awesome. But, club lacrosse becomes a vehicle to get to varsity. By next year, many of the boys will be playing JV for their schools while the truly top kids will be playing on varsity. The focus shifts completely. Kids play club to keep up with the ever-increasing talent of HS lax on LI. While the elite talent (top 5 or 6 kids on LI) will get looked at club showcases in 10th and 11th grade, everyone below them will attend individual showcases and go to prospect camps for the schools that they have interest in. Thats the reality. 95% of the commits you read about had to go out on their own, contact schools and coaches, send in film, and go to prospect camps. My advice would be to enjoy this year and not get caught up in the nonsense. Denver was a pretty good experience (a lot of really bad teams and a few good ones), but in reality, no one cares about it when you get home.

I have older boys too, and I can attest to this. This board is a pretty solid indicator of club lacrosse interest (read: craziness).
Our thread: 76 pages
2024 thread: 39 pages
2023 thread: 15 pages
2022 thread: 9 pages
2021 thread: 3 post total
High School thread: 445 pages.

The focus definitely shifts starting next year. Enjoy this one, friends.

Page 75 of 112 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard