BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the people who could EASILY afford the WSYL were the only people who went. Teams would be playing games that were 3 on 3. 22 out of 25, aren’t in that category. Real world people, have other kids, other bills, college tuition for other kids, other sports for other kids, these are the facts. Real world people in this club lacrosse world are spending tons of money already, adding 6,7 thousand more in the middle of the summer, isn’t so simple for almost everyone. If I could take that 7 grand and put it towards my older guys college tuition or a July 4th tournament in Colorado for my 12 year old. I’d choose chose number 1.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
$10k for a family of four to go out rent a car, hotel, food, flights, and all the apparel that you buy a complete money grab and when your kid is a Senior in HS they will say that was a waste of time and money ... Good Luck make sure you bring your credit card

I know this sounds horrible but those of us who can easily afford to shell $10-20k without batting an eye are secretly snickering and looking down on you because you failed to be financially successful in life to afford such things. In the end, our families get memories (good and bad) and you get to stay in your vinyl sided ranch house on a postage stamp lot and chances are, your kids will work for ours when they finish college (assuming yours go to one). Again, I'm saying this because of your arrogant tone and someone has to put you in your place.

People who have the money are looking at you snickering at the fact you need this more then your kid does!

Emphasis on "people who have the money", which definitely you're not a member of. We can handle them snickering back at us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the best run tournament I have been to. Stop being haters if you dont want to go or your kid isnt on a team that qualifies get over it. It is $5k which is what a lot of families spend on a family vacation so that was our family vacation for the year. It was a blast for parents and the kids. A lot of good on age lacrosse which is unique experience for the kids now a day's. You really got to see where you stand as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$10k for a family of four to go out rent a car, hotel, food, flights, and all the apparel that you buy a complete money grab and when your kid is a Senior in HS they will say that was a waste of time and money ... Good Luck make sure you bring your credit card

I know this sounds horrible but those of us who can easily afford to shell $10-20k without batting an eye are secretly snickering and looking down on you because you failed to be financially successful in life to afford such things. In the end, our families get memories (good and bad) and you get to stay in your vinyl sided ranch house on a postage stamp lot and chances are, your kids will work for ours when they finish college (assuming yours go to one). Again, I'm saying this because of your arrogant tone and someone has to put you in your place.

I don't think so. Do you know why wealthy people stay that way? They understand the value of money. It's clear as day you're nouveau riche.

The part about some kid working for your kid is laughable though. The way you speak, it's clear your child will end up some spoiled brat that you'll be paying for the rest of your life. And that's only if you're lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People who have the money are looking at you snickering at the fact you need this more then your kid does!

Emphasis on "people who have the money", which definitely you're not a member of. We can handle them snickering back at us.

Such a middle class response of someone projecting. Those with wealth don't need to discuss it!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my family last year... Close to $6K. A lot of money but it was great, probably hotter than you would think though.

My kids team got smoked but it was still a great time. On age level sounds like a cake-walk but it really wasn't.
Illinois team was good and BBL vs Wolfpack game was best I've seen. IMHO BBL would have beaten Legacy by 8+.

All that aside, the issue comes down to when L.I. doesn't win or even have a team in finals. I'm a L.I. guy with kids that play but everywhere else just seems to be concentrating on lacrosse and getting better. They travel to every tournament they play in (hotels, air, etc.), I would imagine they spend 10K or more easily a season. Sounds nuts but I don't think they have a choice.

I don't really have a point with this, just enjoy the game. Make sure your kid likes it and is getting better.

This site is full of Daddy Ball issues and $$$. Soon it will be just a second rate forum complaining about Middle school lacrosse.

Let the BASHING begin!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my family last year... Close to $6K. A lot of money but it was great, probably hotter than you would think though.

My kids team got smoked but it was still a great time. On age level sounds like a cake-walk but it really wasn't.
Illinois team was good and BBL vs Wolfpack game was best I've seen. IMHO BBL would have beaten Legacy by 8+.

All that aside, the issue comes down to when L.I. doesn't win or even have a team in finals. I'm a L.I. guy with kids that play but everywhere else just seems to be concentrating on lacrosse and getting better. They travel to every tournament they play in (hotels, air, etc.), I would imagine they spend 10K or more easily a season. Sounds nuts but I don't think they have a choice.

I don't really have a point with this, just enjoy the game. Make sure your kid likes it and is getting better.

This site is full of Daddy Ball issues and $$$. Soon it will be just a second rate forum complaining about Middle school lacrosse.

Same here - our family went this past summer. Almost 9K all in since we made a vacation out of it (came to Denver early). Great experience for my son. My daughters were troopers. Some thoughts for those going this year. 1) Seeding matters. Make it a goal to win the regional qualifier. It will be an easier path to success in Denver. Otherwise, your team will have a hard time getting out of pool play (4 groups of 6 teams, top 2 teams advance from each group) 2) Like the poster said, it is HOT! but dry. Many teams had party tents and chairs rentals setup before they got there. This is a great idea. Siblings used it alot. 3) If you can, go there a couple of days early to get acclimated to the altitude. Setup practice/training days and setup a scrimmage (there are HS fields you can use in Denver). Few family members had minor altitude sickness. 4) It takes a village. Our team was lucky to have organized team parents leaders that managed logistics and team costs.

Hope all of you here get to go and have a great experience with your families this year. Godd luck.

PS to the op, raincheck. I'll bash you in my next post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do know that Legacy Beat BBL in the Fall and just recently. they never beat Legacy. You also know they beat the iLLINOi S team in the semi final . They lost bid in the finals, but 1 game does not dictate other out comes. . So before you make a suggestions on what you think . know the facts. carry on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do know that Legacy Beat BBL in the Fall and just recently. they never beat Legacy. You also know they beat the iLLINOi S team in the semi final . They lost bid in the finals, but 1 game does not dictate other out comes. . So before you make a suggestions on what you think . know the facts. carry on

Who cares and your in the wrong forum. Take it to the '24 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do clubs have to submit their rosters for the World Series for the North?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nissan WSYL/IL 13U Preseason World Rankings:

1. Long Island Express (N.Y.)2. Team 91 Long Island (N.Y.)3. Team 91 Maryland (Md.)4. True Illinois (Ill.)5. Express North (Conn.)6. Mad Dog East (N.J.)7. Primetime (N.Y.)8. Sixers (Colo.)9. Sweetlax Upstate (N.Y.)10. Tribal South Jersey (N.J.)11. Igloo (N.Y.)12. BBL Elite (N.J.)13. Cannons Select (Md)14. Tri-State (N.J.)15. Los Angeles Berserkers (Calif.)16. Eclipse (Conn.)17. Mad Dog West (Calif.)18. Evolve Elite Ontario (Ont.)19. Regulators (N.Y.)20. Sweetlax Florida (Fla.)21. SoCal Express (Calif.)22. Carolina Gold (N.C.)23. Northern Pacific (Wash./Ore.)24. True Minnesota (Minn.)25. HP Mohicans (Texas)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Long Island Express (N.Y.)2. Team 91 Long Island (N.Y.)3. Team 91 Maryland (Md.)4. True Illinois (Ill.)5. Express North (Conn.)6. Mad Dog East (N.J.)7. Primetime (N.Y.)8. Sixers (Colo.)9. Sweetlax Upstate (N.Y.)10. Tribal South Jersey (N.J.)11. Igloo (N.Y.)12. BBL Elite (N.J.)13. Cannons Select (Md)14. Tri-State (N.J.)15. Los Angeles Berserkers (Calif.)16. Eclipse (Conn.)17. Mad Dog West (Calif.)18. Evolve Elite Ontario (Ont.)19. Regulators (N.Y.)20. Sweetlax Florida (Fla.)21. SoCal Express (Calif.)22. Carolina Gold (N.C.)23. Northern Pacific (Wash./Ore.)24. True Minnesota (Minn.)25. HP Mohicans (Texas)

Where is Legacy??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

Better yet where is this silly drivel from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

No need to waste the Money.. express Wins it all .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

Didn't Legacy's A team fold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

The Primetime team should be better than ranking because it’s not a 2025 team, they have a separate u13 team. Which is all good and within the rules. Queue all that’s not right, kids get broken up, coaches don’t know names, we win it right, etc etc..please yell louder about it and let us know if it changes. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

The Primetime team should be better than ranking because it’s not a 2025 team, they have a separate u13 team. Which is all good and within the rules. Queue all that’s not right, kids get broken up, coaches don’t know names, we win it right, etc etc..please yell louder about it and let us know if it changes. Lol

The key is to load up the WS team with as many '24 age-qualified as you can find. Win with puberty. This plus steal best FOGOs and goalies from other clubs by waiving fees for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup! That’s what 91 is doing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is Legacy??

The key is to load up the WS team with as many '24 age-qualified as you can find. Win with puberty. This plus steal best FOGOs and goalies from other clubs by waiving fees for them.

Nothing wrong with trying to put the best team on the field. 91 is dying to 3 peat and what’s more, they don’t want to see Express winning on TV. There is a lot of revenue at stake, so there is holds barred. And I have no issue, do what you must.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

My money is on 91 hoisting the trophy in the end. They have to formula and will recruit, recruit, then recruit some more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

My money is on 91 hoisting the trophy in the end. They have to formula and will recruit, recruit, then recruit some more.

LIE is the top dog

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be lots of team hopping in June. It’s become a disgrace. Some of you people don’t even see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruit who. Who is recruiting. How is it even possible to recruit. Every single good lacrosse player is on a club team. So your saying kids will leave their current teams to play for other teams. Are you saying they will just play on 2 teams. I don’t even understand what possible recruiting is being done. Fill me in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

Only matter of time before they reach out to LE and ask to use their goaile. Might be the best at the '25 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ranked these teams? Its pretty funny. Igloo 11? They lose to Town teams. Regulators 19? Aren't they a start up that hasn't even played anyone yet? All that these ranking do is give false hope to these "Premier teams" so they can force feed this garbage to the gullible parents. They need teams to drink the koolaide as they are running out of teams to play in Denver. Write the checks suckers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your telling me dropping $8k to fly to Denver to watch some KIDS play lax is a "win" then you should re-evaluate your life....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

Only matter of time before they reach out to LE and ask to use their goaile. Might be the best at the '25 level.

Who is LE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Evaluations are done with 91 and WS people if they do not spread it over the entire nation then teams will not go . This is the biggest money grab around if you were smart take the money and go on a trip with no lax ... Good Luck if you think this is a great tourney if you think it is then this is your first kid ... HAVE FUN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a scam!! I love the "It will be a great experience" Will it? Your dragging your family 1/2 way across the country to sit on a crappy field only to get the snot kicked out of you by Express? And paying $8k for the privilege? Sounds like a real bonding moment that will solidify your family and your wallet for years to come! My bad....you get a warp mini. They were like $60.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruit who. Who is recruiting. How is it even possible to recruit. Every single good lacrosse player is on a club team. So your saying kids will leave their current teams to play for other teams. Are you saying they will just play on 2 teams. I don’t even understand what possible recruiting is being done. Fill me in.

The correct term is 'poaching'. There is precedence from last year if you have doubts. Top players from one club jumped ship to join another and that club took home the trophy. Ask your friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team is.

Who is LE?

Leading Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also think if your son in on the bottom half of the roster and you spend $8k to watch him play for two minutes a game , sounds like a great plane ride home !!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a scam!! I love the "It will be a great experience" Will it? Your dragging your family 1/2 way across the country to sit on a crappy field only to get the snot kicked out of you by Express? And paying $8k for the privilege? Sounds like a real bonding moment that will solidify your family and your wallet for years to come! My bad....you get a warp mini. They were like $60.....

Your son gets to play on Colorado grass while you're in the parking lot smokin' it. It's a huge party out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is LE? Do you mean WP (Wolfpack)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you’re all aware apparently 91 has a “ person” involved with these rankings that’s why 91 is ranked so high and undeservingly so. That 91 team lost to town teams last season, give me a break with the number 2 ranking. They are not that good. What a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also think if your son in on the bottom half of the roster and you spend $8k to watch him play for two minutes a game , sounds like a great plane ride home !!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO Unfortunately those people don’t see that now. They will eventually and kick themselves. It’s not that your son isn’t a good player, these teams have great players and it’s about winning. Put your son on a team where he can be the best player and help players around him get better. Not hang on and hope for a few minutes for playing time on a team where if you left nobody would notice. All the speed and agility and training won’t get your son to the starting line, because the starters are working just as hard. It will help down the line in HS, for now just focus on instilling confidence by letting your son succeed on the field. Playing with better players doesn’t make you better when your not playing. And why put that pressure on kids when they do play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone really say its "a great party out there"? Your spending 8K to get loaded in front of your kid and act like a stunad with other parents? That' some priority. well I hope you enjoy it. Apparently everyone qualifies this year because the other regions are falling apart fast. PARTY ON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a great event and the teams who do it have a blast. what is wrong with a tournament that brings together some of the best in the country? last year was great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is LE? Do you mean WP (Wolfpack)?

WP goalie is going from a great win to playing down a grade in a crushing loss. Happy 4th!

Page 28 of 42 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard