BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]No one said overlooked but perhaps overrated. Not saying that these top players did not have many choices but I know many of these highly ranked players that ended up at ND were not as highly recruited by some of the other top schools as they were by ND.

Agree with this post.

The first mistake any person following this sport makes is embracing the "rankings" of these players.

It's an annual hype-machine where Florida and Notre Dame are up there as the top recruiting classes, only to be stopped in big games by other schools that recruited girls from the (if you ask the know-it-alls) middle of the pack.

Quite honestly, the lack of results (from these two schools in particular) leads us to one of these two:

* the players and recruiting classes are / have been completely overrated

or

* the coaching staffs are incompetent

Pick one.

Because (it seems like) every year the lax magazines have the incoming freshmen heading to those campuses as minutes away from revolutionizing the game. With no follow-up when they fall flat over their four years.

Quite honestly, it's a tired tune.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No one said overlooked but perhaps overrated. Not saying that these top players did not have many choices but I know many of these highly ranked players that ended up at ND were not as highly recruited by some of the other top schools as they were by ND.

Agree with this post.

The first mistake any person following this sport makes is embracing the "rankings" of these players.

It's an annual hype-machine where Florida and Notre Dame are up there as the top recruiting classes, only to be stopped in big games by other schools that recruited girls from the (if you ask the know-it-alls) middle of the pack.

Quite honestly, the lack of results (from these two schools in particular) leads us to one of these two:

or

Pick one.

Because (it seems like) every year the lax magazines have the incoming freshmen heading to those campuses as minutes away from revolutionizing the game. With no follow-up when they fall flat over their four years.

The "tired tune" comes from people like you who sing the song of how the players who are recognized by Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour and the coaches at the top college programs do not do well when they get to college.

The reality is that the Top 40 as ranked by Inside Lacrosse are for the most part the same players who are selected for the Under Armour Senior Game and by in large are the top recruits at the best college programs.

The large majority of these players go on to have very good college careers playing on the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this post.

or

Pick one.

I disagree only in the sense that it does not need to be either or but might be a combination of both . Perhaps the coaching staffs are not great evaluators of talent and tend to rely on rankings etc when recruiting , I know that many don’t think the rankings matter to coaches but they do to some . The person who just thinks the rankings are a spot on indicator of talent is just ridiculously naive . On a side note Spallina has already started his nonsense , seems in his opinion SBU has the best player in the country every year , sorry but should not even be in the conversation this year other than the relentless Spallina BS machine and the overmatched stat padding while playing a hideous schedule .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this post.

or

Pick one.

I disagree only in the sense that it does not need to be either or but might be a combination of both . Perhaps the coaching staffs are not great evaluators of talent and tend to rely on rankings etc when recruiting , I know that many don’t think the rankings matter to coaches but they do to some . The person who just thinks the rankings are a spot on indicator of talent is just ridiculously naive . On a side note Spallina has already started his nonsense , seems in his opinion SBU has the best player in the country every year , sorry but should not even be in the conversation this year other than the relentless Spallina BS machine and the overmatched stat padding while playing a hideous schedule .

It is always a combination of both coaching and talent. The best coaches will not win if they do not have adequate talent and the worst coaches will not win even if they have the most talent.

I do not recall anyone stating that "the rankings are a spot on indicator of talent". However, for the most part the teams that consistently bring in the most highly touted (IL Top 30 - 40 and Under Armour All-Americans) constantly outperform the teams that do not bring in the highly regarded recruits.

The detractors would have us believe that Florida and Notre Dame are floundering programs when that is far from reality. Both Florida and Notre Dame are excellent programs and I would argue that they are both Top 15 caliber programs. The only programs that consistently outperform Florida and Notre Dame are the other programs that also bring in the "Ranked Recruits".

Looking back over the past 8 years only "8" Programs have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 every year.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Penn
Florida

The next group finished 7 of 8 years ranked in the Top 20 at the end of the season.

Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Boston College
Penn State.

These are the most consistent programs, they are competitive each and every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this post.

or

Pick one.

Don’t like SB. Think spallina is top 5 coach on the country wish he coached my daughters team who is a top 10 team that will be wrecked by coach That said the Kennedy kid absolutely is a top 5 player in the country and to be honest I wish our coach fought for her players. Regardless

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just look at the stats from the quality games.
Good players show up!
Also who are they surrounded by. I don’t care how many goals you score against weak teams... who cares about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just look at the stats from the quality games.
Good players show up!
Also who are they surrounded by. I don’t care how many goals you score against weak teams... who cares about that.

Keep talking to yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND and Florida each had the talent and teams to win at least 1 championship each over the last 10+ years. Neither did because when they needed the coaching, it wasn't good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND and Florida each had the talent and teams to win at least 1 championship each over the last 10+ years. Neither did because when they needed the coaching, it wasn't good enough.

Florida should have advanced to the final game in 2012.. they scored the game winner in OT but goal was called off after the stick check. Syracuse scored and Alyssa Murray pulled the goal scorers stick strings so hard after they coulda played tennis with that stick**.. ( great game..check youtube) Florida probably wouldn't have beaten Northwestern that year either but you never know

**Thats the reason goal scorers drop their stick after each goal now... in case ya didn't know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this post.

or

Pick one.

Don’t like SB. Think spallina is top 5 coach on the country wish he coached my daughters team who is a top 10 team that will be wrecked by coach That said the Kennedy kid absolutely is a top 5 player in the country and to be honest I wish our coach fought for her players. Regardless

Your post is nonsense. Your daughters team is top 10 yet Spallina whose team is not top 10 is a far superior coach, how does that make sense. Absolutely top 5 is also nonsense. She is excellent on the circle, and in the clear. Puts up big numbers in a bad division ,can only use strong hand, below average shooter , does not make others around her better . If she played in a strong conference her numbers other than turn overs would be cut in half . She is a very good player but others are better and doing it against very good teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reasonable statement. Both should be considered Top 15 best Programs. Talent alone will not win a championship, a team needs outstanding coaching in order to win.

I think most of the animosity directed at these programs is from jealous parents of players who did not receive as much hype as some of the top recruits at Notre Dame and Florida. From what I have seen these schools primarily lose to Top 10 - 20 caliber Programs. They lose to the other programs that bring in highly ranked (top 40) recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi - does anyone have experience with transferring to another D1 school or any tips or advice for a player who feels school is not a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi - does anyone have experience with transferring to another D1 school or any tips or advice for a player who feels school is not a good fit.

Tip #1: don’t ask for advice on BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a broad question.

What year is your daughter?

Did your daughter sign a National Letter of Intent?

Is your daughter currently receiving an "athletic grant-in-aid / athletic scholarship"?

Is your daughter currently enrolled in the spring semester?

Is your daughter currently on the roster?

Does your daughter plan on finishing out the season, semester on her current team?

Other coaches can not talk to your daughter until she is officially in the "Transfer Portal". If your daughter is currently receiving athletic $$ she will need to ask her current institution for a "release". I believe that if the school does not approve a release the student athlete must sit out 1 year of competition.

Your daughter must request to be put in the Transfer Portal by her current institution. Your daughter can talk to her coach or go directly to the compliance department at her current school and ask to be placed in the Portal.

All NCAA affiliated institutions have access to the Transfer Portal and they can see the names of all of the student athletes who are looking to transfer.

Keep in mind that if your daughter asks to be put in the Portal there is a good chance that the current coach will dismiss her from the team.

Does your daughter have another school in mind? Was your daughter previously recruited by those schools?

If your daughter has particular schools in mind then ask your daughters Club or HS Coach reach out to the coaches at those schools and see if there is any interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tip #1: don’t ask for advice on BOTC.

that's probably the best advice I've seen on this board yet.
well played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody send their daughter to Northwestern and care to share how much tuition assistance was received? either athletic, academic or economic..
what is a typical offer for an incoming freshman.
annual tuition is about $75K.. ( I can't swing it without help )

obviously keep it as anonymous as possible no name, no hints.. unless of course you wanna share, then fire away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody send their daughter to Northwestern and care to share how much tuition assistance was received? either athletic, academic or economic..

obviously keep it as anonymous as possible no name, no hints.. unless of course you wanna share, then fire away.

Go to the NU website and plug in your financial info into their "Financial Aid Calculator". The Ivy's, Northwestern, Duke, ND, Stanford etc... All have extremely generous "Need Based Aid". Unlikely that your child will receive any "Academic / Merit" Aid at NU. The top recruits can be significant Athletic $$. You can not combine Athletic and Need based aid.

In our experience the financial aid calculators at places like Northwestern are pretty accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the NU website and plug in your financial info into their "Financial Aid Calculator". The Ivy's, Northwestern, Duke, ND, Stanford etc... All have extremely generous "Need Based Aid". Unlikely that your child will receive any "Academic / Merit" Aid at NU. The top recruits can be significant Athletic $$. You can not combine Athletic and Need based aid.

In our experience the financial aid calculators at places like Northwestern are pretty accurate.

Absolutely correct. The Financial Aid calculator at Ivy's Duke, NW, Hopkins and Stanford are all very accurate. Other schools not so much. In many cases you can receive more money in need based aid than they will offer athletically. Even if you have high income. Even if you make over 200k you can still get about 70% in need based aid. The hard part is getting into those schools. Lacrosse helps with that part. They will make sure you can afford it and do what works best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how does that work if you take need based aid over athletic ? Does your status as a recruited athlete change ? What if you have already signed NLI ? Is there any downside to choosing need based vs athletic ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have any updates from scrimmages this weekend? I know not easy to draw any conclusions in scrimmages.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2020 IWLCA Division III Coaches Poll – January 27, 2020

The 2020 season kicks off the same way it ended, with 2019 National Champion Middlebury Panthers sitting atop the preseason IWLCA Division III Coaches Poll. The Panthers grabbed all twenty-five first place votes to put them ahead of Tufts, Salisbury, Gettysburg, and Wesleyan. The teams ranked in the sixth through tenth position all finished the 2019 season at the exact same rank. The NESCAC landed a total of seven teams in the top-25 poll, the most of any conference. Middlebury opens the 2020 season on February 29, when they host #14 Bowdoin College.

Rank Institution Points FPV 2019 Record Final 2019 Rank

1 Middlebury 625 25 22-1 1
2 Tufts 564 0 19-3 3
3 Salisbury 561 0 20-4 2
4 Gettysburg 549 0 19-2 5
5 Wesleyan (CT) 529 0 17-4 4
6 York (PA) 474 0 17-6 6
7 Franklin & Marshall 466 0 17-5 7
8 Washington and Lee 460 0 18-3 8
9 Amherst 444 0 14-6 9
10 Catholic 390 0 17-5 10
11 St. John Fisher 363 0 19-2 12
12 Mary Washington 348 0 16-5 11
13 TCNJ 325 0 14-6 14
14 Bowdoin 312 0 10-8 13
15 William Smith 291 0 17-3 15
16 Colby 225 0 9-7 16
17 Colorado College 210 0 18-2 17
18 Trinity (CT) 195 0 9-7 18
19 Ithaca 175 0 14-7 19
20 University of Scranton 137 0 16-3 20
21 Brockport 112 0 16-5 21
T-22 Denison 100 0 16-5 T-22
T-22 SUNY Cortland 100 0 11-6 T-22
24 SUNY Geneseo 66 0 14-5 24
25 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 56 0 16-3 25

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2020 IWLCA Division II Coaches Poll – January 27, 2020

The Adelphi Panthers have claimed the top spot in the preseason IWLCA Division II Coaches Poll. The 2019 NCAA Division II Champions collected twenty-three first place votes to put them ahead of West Chester, Le Moyne, Regis, and Queens in the top five. The Northeast-10 was well represented in the preseason poll, as six teams landed in the Top 25. The PSAC had five teams in the rankings, while the Sunshine State Conference had four. Adelphi’s first big test of the 2020 season comes on late February, when they travel south to face #8 Florida Southern (2/20) and #7 Rollins College (2/23).

1 Adelphi 623 23 19-3 1
2 West Chester 579 1 20-3 2
3 Le Moyne 559 1 20-2 4
4 Regis (Colorado) 537 0 20-1 3
5 Queens (North Carolina) 516 0 19-3 5
6 Tampa 495 0 14-4 7
7 Rollins 484 0 15-3 6
8 Florida Southern 471 0 16-4 8
9 Lindenwood (MO) 396 0 16-3 14
10 Mercy 353 0 15-5 11
11 East Stroudsburg 352 0 15-6 13
12 UIndy 350 0 18-2 12
13 Limestone 340 0 18-2 16
14 Colorado Mesa 306 0 15-4 10
15 New Haven 243 0 12-7 18
16 Assumption 236 0 14-5 17
17 Bentley 205 0 11-6 19
18 Pace 186 0 11-7 21
19 Mercyhurst 181 0 13-7 20
20 Grand Valley State 177 0 14-4 22
21 Seton Hill University 107 0 11-9 23
22 New York Tech 102 0 13-5 24
23 Saint Leo 97 0 13-4 NR
24 Mount Olive 95 0 14-6 25
25 Indiana (Pennsylvania) 33 0 10-8 NR

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2020 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – January 27, 2020

The Maryland Terrapins, 2019 National Champions, narrowly edged out North Carolina to claim the top spot in the preseason IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll. Maryland garnered 15 first place votes, while the Tar Heels collected the other 10. Northwestern landed in the third spot, followed closely by Syracuse and Boston College, to round out the top five. The ACC landed seven teams in the top-25 rankings, the most of any conference, while the Big Ten had four schools listed and the Ivy League and Pac-12 each had three. Fans won’t have too long to wait before Maryland and North Carolina square off in a February 28 matchup in Chapel Hill.

1 Maryland 608 15 22-1 1
2 North Carolina 605 10 17-4 3
3 Northwestern 556 0 16-5 4
4 Syracuse 546 0 16-5 5
5 Boston College 539 0 22-2 2
6 Princeton 471 0 16-4 6
7 Notre Dame 429 0 14-5 9
8 Virginia 425 0 13-7 7
9 Michigan 417 0 16-4 11
10 Denver 382 0 16-4 8
11 Loyola 359 0 16-5 10
T-12 Penn 329 0 12-6 14
T-12 Stony Brook 329 0 16-5 12
14 Florida 302 0 14-7 13
15 Navy (USNA) 256 0 16-5 16
16 Southern California 253 0 16-4 17
17 James Madison 238 0 16-4 15
18 Colorado 167 0 11-8 19
19 Georgetown 165 0 12-9 18
20 Stanford 146 0 13-6 23
21 Duke 128 0 11-8 21
22 Dartmouth 115 0 11-6 20
23 Virginia Tech 93 0 8-10 25
24 Johns Hopkins 91 0 10-8 22
25 High Point 55 0 15-5 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see 3 Long Island Players on the cover of Lacrosse Magazine.

Good luck to all this season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the Games begin!

Big one for Hofstra tomorrow with USC in town and some local girls coming home. Long Shot but i smell an upset.

SBU at Syracuse on Monday.... anything is possible but SU is loaded... SBU vs Hofstra this year... love to see it, they should play every year.

Some other notable games tomorrow:

Florida - Colorado
Towson - Penn State
Navy - Virginia
JMU - Carolina
UMass - Boston College
Denver - Stanford

On Sunday:

Duke - Northwestern

LIU goes DI This Year!!!!

LIU - Rutgers .... Lets Go LIU!

Good luck to everyone this season.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I will b at SBU VW SU game. Should be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass!!!!

Great win for UMass, BC might be a little too high in polls due to their past performances. I went to Hofstra yesterday and watched a very good game, although a little sloppy at times. I attribute that to first game jitters. Hofstra had USC and let it slip away. Hofstra is no pushover anymore, they have a hammer of a schedule but may surprise some teams. Good luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass!!!!

Great win for UMass, BC might be a little too high in polls due to their past performances. I went to Hofstra yesterday and watched a very good game, although a little sloppy at times. I attribute that to first game jitters. Hofstra had USC and let it slip away. Hofstra is no pushover anymore, they have a hammer of a schedule but may surprise some teams. Good luck to all

Was an excellent win for UMass and yes BC way too high a ranking . They will end up 15-20 and possibly out of the top 20 by end of year.
Hofstra is no pushover and they do play a stronger schedule than usual , not sure I would say a hammer schedule lots of cupcakes on it . USC on the other hand I don’t believe plays any teams that will end up being top 10 and possibly none that end up top 20 , Stony Brook will be their most difficult game . To their credit I think coming all the way across the country is a big disadvantage to any team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
2020 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – January 27, 2020

The Maryland Terrapins, 2019 National Champions, narrowly edged out North Carolina to claim the top spot in the preseason IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll. Maryland garnered 15 first place votes, while the Tar Heels collected the other 10. Northwestern landed in the third spot, followed closely by Syracuse and Boston College, to round out the top five. The ACC landed seven teams in the top-25 rankings, the most of any conference, while the Big Ten had four schools listed and the Ivy League and Pac-12 each had three. Fans won’t have too long to wait before Maryland and North Carolina square off in a February 28 matchup in Chapel Hill.

1 Maryland 608 15 22-1 1
2 North Carolina 605 10 17-4 3
3 Northwestern 556 0 16-5 4
4 Syracuse 546 0 16-5 5
5 Boston College 539 0 22-2 2
6 Princeton 471 0 16-4 6
7 Notre Dame 429 0 14-5 9
8 Virginia 425 0 13-7 7
9 Michigan 417 0 16-4 11
10 Denver 382 0 16-4 8
11 Loyola 359 0 16-5 10
T-12 Penn 329 0 12-6 14
T-12 Stony Brook 329 0 16-5 12
14 Florida 302 0 14-7 13
15 Navy (USNA) 256 0 16-5 16
16 Southern California 253 0 16-4 17
17 James Madison 238 0 16-4 15
18 Colorado 167 0 11-8 19
19 Georgetown 165 0 12-9 18
20 Stanford 146 0 13-6 23
21 Duke 128 0 11-8 21
22 Dartmouth 115 0 11-6 20
23 Virginia Tech 93 0 8-10 25
24 Johns Hopkins 91 0 10-8 22
25 High Point 55 0 15-5 24

Obviously it's early but.... Top 4 look about right.

Team Defense is what wins National Championships.... Northwestern needs to tighten up if they want to be in the conversation.

Has Maryland reloaded?

Is Syracuse really a Final Four Caliber team?

Looks like Boston College might struggle this year, ACC is not a very forgiving conference.

Michigan might be a little overrated.

Hofstra looks like they will be tough.

Denver looks like the Best of the West.

Stony Brook has challenged themselves early. SBU opens with Syracuse, they also have Florida and Princeton and a trip out to USC.

IMHO... North Carolina is the team to beat.

There are a lot of very good teams between 5 - 20 not sure if any can get to the Final Four.

Are there any teams not currently ranked in the Top 25 that can make some noise? Hofstra? Richmond? anyone else???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1 Media Poll

1 - North Carolina
2 - Maryland
3 - Northwestern
4 - Syracuse
5 - Princeton
6 - Notre Dame
7 - Virginia
8 - Michigan
9 - Denver
10 - Stony Brook
11 - Loyola
12 - Florida
13 - Navy
14 - Boston College
15 - UMass
16 - Penn
17 - USC
18 - Duke
19 - Colorado
20 tie - James Madison
20 tie - Georgetown

Michigan too high. flip Boston College and Umass. Penn should be higher. How will Notre Dame do this year?

Stony Brook has a tough test today.

Who is the Dark Horse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass!!!!

Was an excellent win for UMass and yes BC way too high a ranking . They will end up 15-20 and possibly out of the top 20 by end of year.
Hofstra is no pushover and they do play a stronger schedule than usual , not sure I would say a hammer schedule lots of cupcakes on it . USC on the other hand I don’t believe plays any teams that will end up being top 10 and possibly none that end up top 20 , Stony Brook will be their most difficult game . To their credit I think coming all the way across the country is a big disadvantage to any team.

Understood, I meant a hammer schedule for Hofstra. USC, Hopkins, Maryland, Boston College, Notre Dame and Stony Brook is a top 20 out of conference schedule. Plus the CAA is not a pushover conference. I know it is not the ACC but it is much better than the Big South, NEC, MAAC etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umass!!!!

Understood, I meant a hammer schedule for Hofstra. USC, Hopkins, Maryland, Boston College, Notre Dame and Stony Brook is a top 20 out of conference schedule. Plus the CAA is not a pushover conference. I know it is not the ACC but it is much better than the Big South, NEC, MAAC etc.

Hofstra is a very solid team. Very tough out of conference schedule and you are correct, the CAA is a good conference. Hofstra is going to be in some battles and they need to win 2 or 3 of their tough OOC games. Would love to see them win the CAA an get AQ, Not sure if The CAA will get 2 teams. I think they will beat SBU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook game is unwatchable. Do they actually practice the flop to the ground after every shot. I wonder if they use those big pole vaulter mats or something a little smaller .

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Entertaining Stony Brook victory tonight over Syracuse. Why Gait didn’t use a time out while his team hemorrhaged is beyond me. Some nice highlight goals for both sides. Not sure what a 17-16 game tells you about either team this early. If Stony Brook doesn’t win the last draw it’s probably an OT game. Felt nostalgic sitting on the SB side of the stands. Great early season game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse Vs Stony Brook game was fun to watch and both teams are very good. Should be an interesting year and maybe one or two of the teams ranked between 5 - 20 will end up in the Final Four.

North Carolina will be there. We will find out soon if Maryland has reloaded, The Terps play their next 4 vs Florida, Syracuse, North Carolina and Navy.... Syracuse obviously has talent but it just seems like something is missing, not sure they will be a Final Four Team. Just like last year, Northwestern gives up too many points but I think they will make it to Championship Weekend but do not think they will win it.

Loyola to The Final Four??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group. Watched the SB v Cuse game last night. Both teams are soooo aggressive. Do you think this is a result of having male coaches? Both of these coaches seem to embrace the aggressive clear/fast break, the behind the back shots, ect. It was a fun game to watch.

Before everyone gets on me about men coaches being aggressive, I do understand that there are women coaches that are aggressive also....UF, MD, NW, ect. Just thought about it since both teams last night had men coaches and both teams played with a similar style.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a different way to play than they did? You propose teams play soft, as opposed to aggressive? Not sure what you're getting at... both those Teams compete because they have coaches who get buy-in from their players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with are you talking about. No where in my post did I propose other teams play soft. There are many styles of play. If you think all teams play the same style you don't watch much lacrosse/sports. Also aggressive is not meant as a negative. It was a great game to watch. My daughter plays college lacrosse and I wish they played with a more aggressive style.

I have no idea how many men HC's are in DI women's lacrosse. My guess is that it's a small %. Men's lacrosse in general is a more aggressive game in nature. Do the coaches that have played the men's game bring some that mentality to there coaching style? SB coach definitely brings that edge to his team. It was just a thought watching a game with two men HC's(which you do see very often) with similar styles of play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group. Watched the SB v Cuse game last night. Both teams are soooo aggressive. Do you think this is a result of having male coaches? Both of these coaches seem to embrace the aggressive clear/fast break, the behind the back shots, ect. It was a fun game to watch.

Before everyone gets on me about men coaches being aggressive, I do understand that there are women coaches that are aggressive also....UF, MD, NW, ect. Just thought about it since both teams last night had men coaches and both teams played with a similar style.

IMHO: The stronger teams play a more aggressive style of lacrosse due to their athleticism. I do not think it is due to having a male coach. The top programs recruit speed. With the exception of the prolific goal scorer coaches want athletes who can move. In this day and age everybody can throw and catch but you will not compete with the top programs if you do not have adequate team speed. The top programs play at a faster pace.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard