Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #298034 01/07/20 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays club in Baltimore. She is a 23.
Ive noticed that many college's/uni’s are having small day camps/clinics right before the season starts.
Are they looking at 23’s at this point? She hasnt even played high school yet and I’ve done a few camps last summer and fall where even I knew we were “too early”. I was thinking with the 20’s and some of the 21’s out of the way there’d be more eyes for the 23’s.
Our club coach said that this summer and maybe these spring clinics is where we could start in earnest.
Some of the clinics we could swing bc they’re local and not too $$$ bc it’s just a few hours.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #298035 01/07/20 08:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this recruiting season over for ‘21’s? It’s been a sad holiday in our house and just wanted to hear opinions on what’s realistically left.

No of course not!
Make a list of schools that have recruited her position in order to determine what’s still “open”.
Nothing is done until nli’s are signed
Make sure she knows there is a lid for every pot

Anonymous #298049 01/08/20 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays club in Baltimore. She is a 23.
Ive noticed that many college's/uni’s are having small day camps/clinics right before the season starts.
Are they looking at 23’s at this point? She hasnt even played high school yet and I’ve done a few camps last summer and fall where even I knew we were “too early”. I was thinking with the 20’s and some of the 21’s out of the way there’d be more eyes for the 23’s.
Our club coach said that this summer and maybe these spring clinics is where we could start in earnest.
Some of the clinics we could swing bc they’re local and not too $$$ bc it’s just a few hours.

No, they will not be looking at 23's. I have found that the 22's really were not looked at until mid-fall (and even then some schools were still figuring out 21's) and this is all D1 - D3 would be later in the process. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with going and getting the vibe and experience of playing and seeing what the process is like. I think there is value in that, i just wouldn't go crazy with time and money.

Anonymous #298050 01/08/20 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2022 and have been reading along to get an idea how things work. When people reference “mid tier” or “top tier”, what would be a ball park for the line between them? Is it a ranking using the RPI? Or something else? I’m guessing my kid is a mid tier type kid. Very high academics so some of the higher D3 schools could be appealing as well.

Anonymous #298052 01/08/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2022 and have been reading along to get an idea how things work. When people reference “mid tier” or “top tier”, what would be a ball park for the line between them? Is it a ranking using the RPI? Or something else? I’m guessing my kid is a mid tier type kid. Very high academics so some of the higher D3 schools could be appealing as well.

There no set delineation, but typically around the top 30 in RPI would be considered top tier. The Big Ten teams and ACC teams make up 14 of them. Penn, Princeton, Dartmouth, Stanford, USC, Colorado, Denver, Loyola, Navy, JMU, Towson, Stony Brook, Florida.

Few others can probably be considered Top Tier depending on the year.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #298056 01/08/20 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, "Top Tier" would be the Programs that are consistently finish the year ranked in the Top 20. Programs that come to mind are:

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Boston College
Princeton
Virginia
Penn
Florida
Notre Dame
Penn State
Stony Brook
Loyola

You can't look past...

Duke...
Navy
JMU

Others that have not been as consistent as the above over the past 8 - 10 years but would still be Top Tier:

USC
Denver
Hopkins
Georgetown
Stanford
Dartmouth

Also....

UMass and Towson are strong programs....

Michigan looks to be on the rise, Virginia Tech has shown promise

I'm sure there are a couple of other programs that would be considered Top Tier (Top 30) Programs but the schools listed above have proven over time that they are the Top Programs.

Maryland, North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern seem to be a cut above... Syracuse, Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Stony Brook, Florida have been very consistent, Notre Dame, Loyola and Penn State right there. JMU Won a National Championship and Navy has been to the Final Four....

TM@BOTC #298058 01/08/20 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep getting teased by the USC mentions! (I know it’s the Trojans)
Let’s talk about what it will take to get some nice Carolina schools into D1-D3! Nice weather, shorts flight but still drivable, and nice people! When will the Gamecocks get some serious lacrosse going? Every yankee wants to know!😀 Any other schools need a bump too?

Anonymous #298064 01/08/20 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s talk about what it will take to get some nice Carolina schools into D1-D3! Nice weather, shorts flight but still drivable, and nice people! When will the Gamecocks get some serious lacrosse going? Every yankee wants to know!😀 Any other schools need a bump too?

Way back when, NC State had a Men's program I believe they went Varsity in 1973 and had some success a few years later with two Top 10 finishes #9 and #6 and they made the NCAA Tournament one year (at the time only 8 teams made it). The Wolfpack had wins vs UNC and UVA and obviously had some excellent players. They disbanded the program in 1982 (i believe) and one of the best players to have played the game (Tim Nelson) transferred to Syracuse and was an instrumental in helping Syracuse become one of the Elite Programs in the country and winning their first national championship in 1983. ;- ) Go Cuse, Go NC State...

Anonymous #298075 01/08/20 04:16 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

It baffles me that Wake Forest has not started a program. All the pieces are there (great location, best conference in the country, target demographic).

cltlax #298080 01/08/20 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It baffles me that Wake Forest has not started a program. All the pieces are there (great location, best conference in the country, target demographic).

UNC Charlotte announced it will add girls lacrosse.

Sponsored Links
cltlax #298083 01/08/20 07:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clemson

TM@BOTC #298088 01/08/20 10:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Carolina had announced a couple years ago that they were adding women's lacrosse. The club team was then disbanded due to severe hazing so I think that may have put an end to those plans. Haven't heard anything in quite some time about the status of adding it.

Anonymous #298090 01/09/20 05:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are schools recruiting defenders anymore or should I move my 2023 to only mid? She plays both right now.

Anonymous #298096 01/09/20 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are schools recruiting defenders anymore or should I move my 2023 to only mid? She plays both right now.

I have a 2022 defender (and only a defender) so been closely watching the 2021's Defenders are certainly last on the list of most d1 programs. I don't think you need to have her play middie exclusively, but it seems like it was a poor decision on my part to have my daughter stick with defense (which she likes) and not get middle club experience.

Anonymous #298098 01/09/20 01:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clemson

Softball (and baseball for boys) is still very popular in the south/deep south. Agree that lacrosse will eventually spread to those regions but softball/baseball will impede the speed.

Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard