BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 years? a little off on your math. Laughing stock? That would be the guy laughing at girls playing lax. Thx for your extreme generosity giving this team their day. As far as the coach comment, let's hope for the kids on this team it continues in a good direction. Go have fun being you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
7 years? a little off on your math. Laughing stock? That would be the guy laughing at girls playing lax. Thx for your extreme generosity giving this team their day. As far as the coach comment, let's hope for the kids on this team it continues in a good direction. Go have fun being you.

I’ve seen this team since they were in 3rd grade. They were always mediocre. They have one stand out player, girl from MC. Now that they added the Igloo player, yes only one that is a stand out, they have two girls that can play. That will carry this team far. The rest of the girls will be along for the ride, but will not play at top colleges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me re-phrase my precious post then....this Very talented team whipped M & D went 5-0-1 again other very talented team !!! Twist that !

Okay , this average talent team beat MD by 2 in a short fall ball game, went 4-0-1 against the other teams we played but I will say 5-0-1 because I am a sad desperate parent who’s kid has been on the worst top YJ team in a long time . TWISTED.
That said I enjoyed your first pathetic post more “controlled “ MD United is amazing , amazingly pathetic. The college coaches are going to really enjoy getting to know the guy bragging about his kids team doing so well in the short game time fall tournament .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a handful of girls played in third grade on a fourth grade b team. interesting that you know this and are still following them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has a bad weekend. Happens. Overall record speaks for itself. It’s great to have good competitive games, time to stop chest pounding and worry about your own kids individual performance. As long as your team is in the top mix, what your daughter does on the field is far more important than the win at this stage.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 4th grade, YJ A has always been the dumpster fire of 2023. Why is that exactly?

I’m sure TG and Legacy look forward to seeing your girls at tryouts next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's November. Why don't you knuckleheads go enjoy watching your daughters play their winter sport (hopefully they play one).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
Ask any college coach and the only legit 'who's who of HS lacrosse" is the UA underclassman games. A girl making the UA long island team separates herself from the rest. So you all want to talk about who is better, TG, or elevate or YJ; well the best girls are the ones that make the UA long island team. Usually those girls are from the older grade but I believe 5 or 6 2023 girls made last summers team think 2 from TG and 4 or 5 from the new YJ team. This summer the command team will be mostly 2023 girls with a few 24's.. The top girls in this 23 class should be training and working to make that team. You go to that tourney in MD and college coaches are lined up by the dozen watching those games.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
Ask any college coach and the only legit 'who's who of HS lacrosse" is the UA underclassman games. A girl making the UA long island team separates herself from the rest. So you all want to talk about who is better, TG, or elevate or YJ; well the best girls are the ones that make the UA long island team. Usually those girls are from the older grade but I believe 5 or 6 2023 girls made last summers team think 2 from TG and 4 or 5 from the new YJ team. This summer the command team will be mostly 2023 girls with a few 24's.. The top girls in this 23 class should be training and working to make that team. You go to that tourney in MD and college coaches are lined up by the dozen watching those games.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island

UA is the same weekend as G8 next year. From what I’m hearing Coaches will be putting a priority on recruiting G8 over UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA is the same weekend as G8 next year. From what I’m hearing Coaches will be putting a priority on recruiting G8 over UA.

Guess there will be a lot of TG players that make UA...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who told you that but they misinformed you. The top programs will be at UA not Nike G8
If you were a coach would you go watch the best 20 from each area if you could or would you go watch a tourney of 50 travel teams???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who told you that but they misinformed you. The top programs will be at UA not Nike G8
If you were a coach would you go watch the best 20 from each area if you could or would you go watch a tourney of 50 travel teams???

We’ll some of the Coaches your talking about are the same ones that must of misinformed me. The Coaches will want to get a last look at the 22s before making there offers in about a month. For the most part there will only be a few 22s that make the Highlight UA team. Most of the teams will be made up of majority 21s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]News FLASH....brine AA games and those bogus money grab 'select' teams are a joke.
So whatever team you are on, if your daughters goal is to be a top player and be seen then her goal should be to make that team. Good luck to all the 2023 girls; its a very deep class here on the island[/quot

While I agree the UA teams are usually the more "legit" representation of the better players from each region there is still a ton of politics involved ."Working and training to make that team " is ridiculous , work and train to be the best player you can be and the rest will take care of itself. Lined u by the dozen is not exactly true either , yes many are there but no more than at the A level of other big tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you both make fair points.
We can all speculate on what is better or worse in the future but we can’t argue with what has already happened.
If you look at the history of the UA underclass tourney since it started; about 15 years and prior to that the big team was the Empire State games. Look at where those boys/girls went on to play college ball. Probably 90% went in to top 10 programs.
That said It’s only a small select number of kids that make it; not going to get into politics but as we know there will always be a little Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And involved in any lacrosse team, so my point is there are many very good girls that don’t make the team or don’t try out. They will find those girls at other tourneys or via videos or word of mouth. If a girl is that good..... you will he found!!!
So I won’t argue that the UA isn’t the best group of girls at one place, but it’s not the only way. And not to sound cliche but a girls options are increased immensely when she has excellent grades. Good luck 2023. Lots of you will be playing varsity this year, hope to see you tear it up, and to those that have already played up, keep working hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After fall ball and seeing a lot of these teams play each other some new teams that were formed here is a Tier group ( my opinion only). Too hard and early to rank. But for fun and to get yelled at I will at the end.
Tier 1
M&D
Hero’s Green
YJ Colbert/thorn
TG Black
Skywalkers blue
CT Grizzlies
Monster Purple
MD United East
NXT

2nd Tier
Capital Blue
Elite Orange
Steps Blue
Jesters
Ultimate CC
Salt City
BBL Elite black
Pride Red

Top 5
M&D black
YJ Colbert/Thorn
Hero’s Green
TG black
CT Grizzlies

Being that M&D lost to your tier 2 selections (Capital Blue, Steps), I would called this skewed already. Plus SW beat M&D so I suppose they should be a top 5 above them too. Perhaps you did not see things as you thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D had a tough fall losing to Steps, Skywalkers, TG and YJ. If you listed it in order M&D ranked 1 is questionable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.
So you think when an unranked team beats a top 10 team that means they should jump into the top 25 in football, basketball or any sport. They are called upsets and they happen.
That was the first and only time M&D lost to steps or capital.
Great win for those teams but don’t mean they belong in top tier.
Does it?? I think outside that win just this fall steps lost to YJ, Monster and Ultimate CC.
Alabama lost to Auburn Saturday. Does that mean auburn is in the playoff picture?? Nope they have 3 losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.
So you think when an unranked team beats a top 10 team that means they should jump into the top 25 in football, basketball or any sport. They are called upsets and they happen.
Does it?? I think outside that win just this fall steps lost to YJ, Monster and Ultimate CC.
Alabama lost to Auburn Saturday. Does that mean auburn is in the playoff picture?? Nope they have 3 losses.

notIntelligent response. Its called a pattern of bad loses. In the short fall season, your M&D team lost to, your perceived tier 2 teams. What about a lose to teams last year that you didn't even mention?

Duke was #1 in BB. Had a bad loss to SFA. So they dropped from the top rank. If they had 2 of those in back to back weekends, where would you put Duke BB then?

Like I said, not a logical response at all.

Next...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is still top tier, maybe just not clear #1. The top tier is probably bigger than just those you listed though, as parity seems to dominate among top teams. NXT and Capital Blue went to finals of Level Nine, so I think both could be considered top tier afterwards, although I don't know if you would have had them in it before. But when you look at what they did over the fall (NXT wins vs Skywalkers, Grizzlies, Ultimate CC, Capital Blue, BBL Elite; and Capital Blue wins vs M&D, Monsters, Salt City, BBL Elite, Mass Elite and only losses to Tier 1 teams), they probably go into the Tier 1 category too. So M&D's losses aren't bad loses, just loses to other Tier 1 teams. Which makes the point that Tier 1's are probably teams that beat each other, but then beat the other Tiers when they play them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches recruit players not teams so who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is still top tier, maybe just not clear #1. The top tier is probably bigger than just those you listed though, as parity seems to dominate among top teams. NXT and Capital Blue went to finals of Level Nine, so I think both could be considered top tier afterwards, although I don't know if you would have had them in it before. But when you look at what they did over the fall (NXT wins vs Skywalkers, Grizzlies, Ultimate CC, Capital Blue, BBL Elite; and Capital Blue wins vs M&D, Monsters, Salt City, BBL Elite, Mass Elite and only losses to Tier 1 teams), they probably go into the Tier 1 category too. So M&D's losses aren't bad loses, just loses to other Tier 1 teams. Which makes the point that Tier 1's are probably teams that beat each other, but then beat the other Tiers when they play them.

You bring up great points. So many nut job parents want to call their kids team #1, which is ridiculous. How about appreciate the talented teams out there and be happy that your kids are playing a sport that they love (hopefully). Enjoy the competitive spirit of the great organizations. Most of all what the next poster said “coaches recruit players not teams/organizations.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

First of all...4 losses in the last "7" (6) years is not even close to being true. And yeah...I get it was said in jest.

No one said that it drop M&D to 2nd tier. It was to respond to the lunacy of the tier system stated as M&D did lose to perceived 2nd tier teams. So don't get all protective and such. And at this time, M&D is not the best team. Fact...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college recruiter ever cared what teams won how many games. The top players will all go to top schools for all these teams. That is all that matters. That is why we play club lacrosse to get seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody gets its-- make sure your D is being showcased for the coaches , All these notIntelligent discussions of who is top dog will seem so silly when your kid is in college playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed my D is playing along side YJ and TG girls that we hated playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha.

Also, you jumped YJ up to #2 after a couple good games? They have no body of work. You did exactly what you are arguing against!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I am hearing top programs in 2021,22,23 and 24 are dropping out of Nike G8 because of The UA tourney
Any truth to that??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I am hearing top programs in 2021,22,23 and 24 are dropping out of Nike G8 because of The UA tourney
Any truth to that??

That is not going to happen. At best 1-2 girls from each top teams will play in UA. So you going to give up a great recruiting tournament for max of 2 players per team? By the way UA isn't the ticket to playing at top schools. Many top tier players never play on the UA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

That is not going to happen. At best 1-2 girls from each top teams will play in UA. So you going to give up a great recruiting tournament for max of 2 players per team? By the way UA isn't the ticket to playing at top schools. Many top tier players never play on the UA teams.

Contrary to your point which I happen to agree with the YJ have dropped out Nike G8
I guess they think they will have a few more than 2 on the UA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

I am going to agree that you don’t need to make UA to be considered a great player.
However check out the roster for Long Island in 2014, or 15 and You will see household names of girls who have gone on to become college AA’s. So no you don’t need to make UA but if your daughter does, history has shown us it goes a long way and many have followed through with great careers.
Just making it to the callback game is tough and a good accomplishment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

I am going to agree that you don’t need to make UA to be considered a great player.
However check out the roster for Long Island in 2014, or 15 and You will see household names of girls who have gone on to become college AA’s. So no you don’t need to make UA but if your daughter does, history has shown us it goes a long way and many have followed through with great careers.

Does anyone know anything about UA 150??
Application has to besubmitted soon and they choose 150 girls in the 2022 and 23 class. Is this a bit of a money grab or is it worth applying?? Thx in advance for any thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Application has to besubmitted soon and they choose 150 girls in the 2022 and 23 class. Is this a bit of a money grab or is it worth applying?? Thx in advance for any thoughts

Sounds like it's more for girls not good enough to make the regular UA team, but are still decent players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Do girls showing up for this get a fair look or is the team basically picked before the tryout?? Over $100 to tryout but heard they had like 150 girls tryout last summer. Sounds to me that unless they know your name this is a UA donation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 150 is comprised of 8(?) or so teams. They also have a combine.
Its different from the UA AA. That would only be one team from your area, The 150 is 8 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its different from the UA AA. That would only be one team from your area, The 150 is 8 teams.

You’re it’s 8 teams at UA150 but UA underclass has 12 teams (regions)
Obviously a lot harder to make Baltimore and Long Island team than it Is South or West.
You would think that the regions would want to be represented with the best team possible. That said politics always finds its way when it comes to these events. I figure an area like Baltimore or LI is represented with the best of the best from 1-18. 19 and 20 on the roster could possibly be a Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And but they better be a darn good Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And

UA 150 is good but making the UA underclass from a hot bed area is much more beneficial

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA 150 cost $400+
UA underclass all American games are FREE
Right there is your answer what’s tougher to make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to that??

Its a money grab. Very few coaches attend this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]M&D has 4 losses in probably 7 years prior to the fall. Doesn’t drop them into 2nd tier.
Next yourself
M&D still the best.

M&D at one time thought they were the hands down best team. However there is parity in this age group in the top tier. Anyone can be beaten on any given day. This summer will be interesting and competitive. The top teams will be in the top brackets facing off against each other. With their new additions I'm sure YJ will now be in the top bracket and that will add another strong team into the mix.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard