BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Taz is not close to the top.

coming from a dad whose team got crushed...…….

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any “good” players going to the Warrior Diamond Summer Showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is not close to the top.

Legacy is not welcome in NLF so they can never be considered the top. Express North will win it this year.
so notIntelligent . IT it was for real they would let them in. Thats why its a Joke.

Milion events are awful, and NLF has its obvious good and bad points...Naptown and Crab Feat offer a lot of good competition, only real downside to Naptown is the large number of national teams.

I don't consider that a downside. If your team really wants to see where they rank, they have to beat the best including national teams. And teams with holdbacks for that matter. Curious to know why you think Millon 2024 is so bad?, aside from the obvious (cough - Madlax - cough)

Probably more of a reaction to the 2023 tournament with all of the guest players and drama two summers ago..especially with the 91 Md team....either way Naptown and Crab Feast are far better tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as a "Ranking" for club. It's just something you guys make up to feel better about yourselves. It's all mythical, no championship, nothing, I hope your kid plays for a good HS team, wonder if you will still be on here posting about rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as a "Ranking" for club. It's just something you guys make up to feel better about yourselves. It's all mythical, no championship, nothing, I hope your kid plays for a good HS team, wonder if you will still be on here posting about rankings.

I think we all understand this. Rankings are good fodder for anonymous threads. Makes outcomes from tournaments interesting. You don't need to judge so harshly. Our 2024s are going to HS next year and all of this goes away. So what's the big deal if we make up rankings and argue with one another.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO SUCH THING.. WHAT PLANET YOU ON .. For the Top TEAMs . .. there is Rankings. if they really matter in the whole scheme of things. who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the WSYL out in Denver last year? We spent our life savings going there. Is my son going to get recruited? I didn't get any phone calls from coaches yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the WSYL out in Denver last year? We spent our life savings going there. Is my son going to get recruited? I didn't get any phone calls from coaches yet?

We all know why you didn't get any calls but that's on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think we all understand this. Rankings are good fodder for anonymous threads. Makes outcomes from tournaments interesting. You don't need to judge so harshly. Our 2024s are going to HS next year and all of this goes away. So what's the big deal if we make up rankings and argue with one another.

Only resistance to rankings is it holds subjective lacrosse to be accountable. Results matter and days of poor coaching is over. The best teams will be rewarded & money grab is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you were just out there last year, your son is too young to be called, but you knew that. You just wanted to shade the WSYL, which was a great event for my son who was recruited. Rankings matter because college coaches watch the best teams in the summer. If you play for a great high school, with a coach that knows how to get players recruited, rankings are less important. But if your son is great player on bad high school team, better get on a ranked club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO SUCH THING.. WHAT PLANET YOU ON .. For the Top TEAMs . .. there is Rankings. if they really matter in the whole scheme of things. who knows.

us club lax just put out 2024 #1 ranked clubs in each state. NY-NJ-CT-PA are 91 Wolfpack, BBL Elite, Eclipse, Brotherly Love.
read'em and weep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is. Easy to read rankings too. Mnay of us look to see where we are in ranking . I like to claim that my son is on a top ranked team as we are at various tournaments. Nothing better than being on a top club ranked high. It is obvious from your comment that your son is on a unranked team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha!LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

us club lax just put out 2024 #1 ranked clubs in each state. NY-NJ-CT-PA are 91 Wolfpack, BBL Elite, Eclipse, Brotherly Love.
read'em and weep

Say again? Who put out the list? An organization with a vested interest in club lax? Okay, that seems legit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is. Easy to read rankings too. Mnay of us look to see where we are in ranking . I like to claim that my son is on a top ranked team as we are at various tournaments. Nothing better than being on a top club ranked high. It is obvious from your comment that your son is on a unranked team.

Based on your comment, this is the pinnacle of his lacrosse career, club lacrosse. Good luck with that. I would rather compete for a HS championship than the "mythical" club title. Do they give you guys a ring for that? HAHAHAHAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Only resistance to rankings is it holds subjective lacrosse to be accountable. Results matter and days of poor coaching is over. The best teams will be rewarded & money grab is over. [/quote]

This is about right. Why would you not want objective rankings ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

read'em and weep
2 are are out of the group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. At some point this dad has to face the music that his sons team is ranked low and he has to get him more training and try out for a top ranked club. Top rank gets target on their back and attracts top competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard a few 2024 Igloo Windchill players trying to get midseason tryouts at other clubs. ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard a few 2024 Igloo Windchill players trying to get midseason tryouts at other clubs. ??

Bunch of clubs still have openings..Igloo is really falling apart at all levels..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only resistance to rankings is it holds subjective lacrosse to be accountable. Results matter and days of poor coaching is over. The best teams will be rewarded & money grab is over. [/quote]

[/quote]

Seems like all the lacrosse parents love the rankings..it tells them where to send their kids & only the sad club teams who are not ranked that detest the reality of rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only resistance to rankings is it holds subjective lacrosse to be accountable. Results matter and days of poor coaching is over. The best teams will be rewarded & money grab is over.

[/quote]

Seems like all the lacrosse parents love the rankings..it tells them where to send their kids & only the sad club teams who are not ranked that detest the reality of rankings?
[/quote]

The rankings don’t mean anything. It’s just some light hearted conversation starter stuff, don’t know why some detest it so much. Or comment like get a life for ranking teams, blah blah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of clubs still have openings..Igloo is really falling apart at all levels..

Which clubs are they going to for these tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't most of Igloo go to Legacy? why not just sell the club to them and make it easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't most of Igloo go to Legacy? why not just sell the club to them and make it easy.

If you think 4 from igloo is most, think again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why buy something you get for free?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IF you think 4 is most, then think again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a food for thought for all you lax parents looking through love glasses! We all love and want the best for our boys, but take it from a parent that has been through this process already, and yes at this age my son was probably in the top five players on the island. 70 percent of kids that play lacrosse don't play pass high school. This is something your coaches or anybody in travel will ever tell you! If he's playing because he's keeping busy and having fun that's great. But if he's playing hoping to get a ride you better be putting money aside for college because when my son hit 15 he put down his stick and that was it. I know a lot of people and kids are dropping like flies in lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news, Igloo Windchill is doing fine!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a food for thought for all you lax parents looking through love glasses! We all love and want the best for our boys, but take it from a parent that has been through this process already, and yes at this age my son was probably in the top five players on the island. 70 percent of kids that play lacrosse don't play pass high school. This is something your coaches or anybody in travel will ever tell you! If he's playing because he's keeping busy and having fun that's great. But if he's playing hoping to get a ride you better be putting money aside for college because when my son hit 15 he put down his stick and that was it. I know a lot of people and kids are dropping like flies in lacrosse!

Thank you for the insight. Asking seriously, why do you think your son gave it up? Looking back, what would you have done differently regarding lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not my experience at all, and you sound a little bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think 4 from igloo is most, think again

who cares two weak teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for the insight. Asking seriously, why do you think your son gave it up? Looking back, what would you have done differently regarding lax.

Agreed, it is always good to have some perspective, and a reality check. Not the original poster, but as it relates to my son, he plays for a high level club team, but, as he has gotten older, I have personally stepped back from getting too involved. I do not force anything on him, such as attending things like showcases (which I feel are mostly a waste of time). I let him make the decisions, and he has to live by them, good or bad. While I think that lacrosse may give him a leg up in the college admissions process, if he decides to go that route, I push him more towards other sports to avoid the burn-out. Frankly, I would prefer that he excel at some other sport like track where he could actually get some college money if he were any good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone is so bitter. they have 13 scholarships so kids to get $$ for college lacrosse. plus many kids they combine for academic funding as well. playing any sport in college gives you a leg up in admissions as well. it is instant friends at college and for real life teaches you time management, how to work hard, how to lose, how to win, how to deal with folks you do not like to reach a goal, etc. stop bashing or acting like it isn't possible to play college or get $$. you sound clueless and bitter. if you play lacrosse in the northeast at a high level you are going to get attention and have options.

playing a sport in college prepares you for the real world. companies seek out college athletes for a reason especially in sales, investment banking, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your question for my son I think it was two things. For one I think he got a litter burned out because he was used so much because at a young he could play any position and did! Two, their was a two year period that he didn't grow as fast as the other kids so he was smaller. He's played for different travel clubs and I will tell you this for a fact! These people don't care about your son and they will tell you anything to keep him playing for them. Even if your personal friends with these people they will use you and him to improve their club! Some people will read this and blow it off but trust me keep asking you kid if he's happy playing and don't let sports take over your life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer your question for my son I think it was two things. For one I think he got a litter burned out because he was used so much because at a young he could play any position and did! Two, their was a two year period that he didn't grow as fast as the other kids so he was smaller. He's played for different travel clubs and I will tell you this for a fact! These people don't care about your son and they will tell you anything to keep him playing for them. Even if your personal friends with these people they will use you and him to improve their club! Some people will read this and blow it off but trust me keep asking you kid if he's happy playing and don't let sports take over your life!

Again, thanks. I will pay close attention to my overall 'lax dad' behavior which isn't easy to see oneself (boorish antics on the sidelines, yelling at him to do better, etc). Good timing that our boys will be entering HS. Its good time to let him decide majority about lax and I will be his support and advisor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone is so bitter. they have 13 scholarships so kids to get $$ for college lacrosse. plus many kids they combine for academic funding as well. playing any sport in college gives you a leg up in admissions as well. it is instant friends at college and for real life teaches you time management, how to work hard, how to lose, how to win, how to deal with folks you do not like to reach a goal, etc. stop bashing or acting like it isn't possible to play college or get $$. you sound clueless and bitter. if you play lacrosse in the northeast at a high level you are going to get attention and have options.

playing a sport in college prepares you for the real world. companies seek out college athletes for a reason especially in sales, investment banking, etc.

I dont think OP was bitter or clueless, just sharing his experience and opinion. With that said, you also make good counterpoints. Im not in finance but a couple of my friends are Wall Street guys and they tell me its basically a lax bros network. Many get into top colleges that they would not normally get in bec of lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think OP was bitter or clueless, just sharing his experience and opinion. With that said, you also make good counterpoints. Im not in finance but a couple of my friends are Wall Street guys and they tell me its basically a lax bros network. Many get into top colleges that they would not normally get in bec of lax.

Yes, it was not meant to be bitter, it is just the reality that substantial lacrosse money is very hard to come by, but I think that you make an excellent point about the academic side, not only is there academic money available as a supplement, the high GPA kids are going to get a more serious look because of GPA indexing by the schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!

you may be the biggest lost. You must be so much fun to hang out with at parties .🤮

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard