BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed again!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
@baldbear, i appreciate your attempts to keep things from getting out of control regarding attacks on student athletes, but a few days ago some one posted on seven (7) different threads that the director of the Yellow Jackets Lacrosse club looks transgender, I have no problem criticizing her actions and business practices as there is plenty to criticize, but the person is a teacher, coach, wife and mother.. what was said ( and not removed by the moderators) was just plain wrong and unnecessarily hurtful..
Im not CR, but I do have a kid who plays for her program, and honestly she aint a bad person when you speak with her..

I stay focused on the women’s college thread but any heads up can be sent to me (I had contact from someone on a boys thread-something way out of my knowledge-but I was able to remove).

Last edited by baldbear; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How funny was the US lacrosse poll best women's player for 2019?

This is why US lacrosse is a laughingstock. Let the high school players play a minute in college lacrosse before we crown her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why US lacrosse is a laughingstock. Let the high school player play a minute in college lacrosse before we crown her.

I agree, Shame on US Lacrosse, they are a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why US lacrosse is a laughingstock. Let the high school player play a minute in college lacrosse before we crown her.

Comparing a younger player to the 3 u mentioned ......Is this a Joke? What is wrong with this picture?????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s even more ridiculous is they are putting her over all other ncaa current players and a tewaaraton award finalist included in that group. They are really putting a bullseye on that kid with both her future teammates and her competition. Very good player and will benefit from heading to UNC where she will not be opposing teams main concern ( unless of course you believe lax magazine )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s even more ridiculous is they are putting her over all other ncaa current players and a tewaaraton award finalist included in that group. They are really putting a bullseye on that kid with both her future teammates and her competition. Very good player and will benefit from heading to UNC where she will not be opposing teams main concern ( unless of course you believe lax magazine )

ACC lax is a long way from beating up on clueless HS teams in florida

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse has North Carolina, Maryland, Syracuse and Northwestern as the four favorites to win it all this spring and Boston College, Princeton and Notre Dame as the Dark Horses. (they are really going out on a limb)

What are your thoughts? Is there a non traditional power that can surprise everyone?

I think Northwestern wins it all and can't think of a non traditional top 20 team making a run. Maybe Michigan, you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan is way overrated, nobody beats UNC this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I detest to admit it but, Maryland is the favorite until they lose.. that's the bottom line. BC should have won last year.. had all the pieces.. they couldnt get it done..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I detest to admit it but, Maryland is the favorite until they lose.. that's the bottom line. BC should have won last year.. had all the pieces.. they couldnt get it done..

BC’s best shot was probably the year Kent red shirted, had she played they probably could have beaten JMU. Credit to JMU, they were built to win one year, all the seniors were peaking and they got it done. BC had probably two years where they could have gotten it done, but came up slightly short. May be awhile before either get another shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC’s best shot was probably the year Kent red shirted, had she played they probably could have beaten JMU. Credit to JMU, they were built to win one year, all the seniors were peaking and they got it done. BC had probably two years where they could have gotten it done, but came up slightly short. May be awhile before either get another shot.

JMU won with excellent team defense and goalie play.
Maryland had excellent team defense and goalie play.

Give the T to the offensive players but it will be the team that plays great team D and had an excellent goalie that wins it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Top 20

1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Maryland
4 Northwestern
5 Boston College
6 Princeton
7 Virginia
8 Michigan
9 Penn
10 USC
11 Notre Dame
12 Stony Brook
13 Denver
14 James Madison
15 Loyola
16 Navy
17 Florida
18 Colorado
19 Georgetown
20 High Point

BC might be too high. Is Michigan for real? No Stanford?

Obviously the Top 4 will be tough to beat depending on seeding for the tournament ... expect UNC, Syracuse, Maryland and Northwestern to be in the Final Four.

Penn will be tough. Loyola is very good. Don't think Gtown or High Point finish the year in the Top 20.

By seasons end we will see Duke, Penn State and Stanford in the Top 20.

Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Top 20 Inside Lacrosse Preseason Top 20

1 North Carolina 1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse 2 Maryland
3 Maryland 3 Syracuse
4 Northwestern 4 Northwestern
5 Boston College 5 Boston College
6 Princeton 6 Princeton
7 Virginia 7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan 8 Virginia
9 Penn 9 Denver
10 USC 10 Michigan
11 Notre Dame 11 Loyola
12 Stony Brook 12 Stony Brook
13 Denver 13 Florida
14 James Madison 14 James Madison
15 Loyola 15 Penn
16 Navy 16 Navy
17 Florida 17 USC
18 Colorado 18 Duke
19 Georgetown 19 Georgetown
20 High Point 20 Virginia Tech

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Top 20 ................... Inside Lacrosse Preseason Top 20

1 North Carolina .................................. 1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse................................... 2 Maryland
3 Maryland .................................. 3 Syracuse
4 Northwestern................................... 4 Northwestern
5 Boston College................................... 5 Boston College
6 Princeton .................................. 6 Princeton
7 Virginia.................................. 7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan.................................. 8 Virginia
9 Penn.................................. 9 Denver
10 USC................................. 10 Michigan
11 Notre Dame..................................... 11 Loyola
12 Stony Brook.................................... 12 Stony Brook
13 Denver................................ 13 Florida
14 James Madison............................... 14 James Madison
15 Loyola................................ 15 Penn
16 Navy................................ 16 Navy
17 Florida............................... 17 USC
18 Colorado.......................... 18 Duke
19 Georgetown............................... 19 Georgetown
20 High Point............................... 20 Virginia Tech

Pretty similar.... 1 - 6 identical, 7 - 15 different order but all the same teams with the exception of USC and florida (IL has Florida outside the Top 15, Lax Mag has USC outside the Top 15 but both publications have them in the top 20)

What team not listed will finish in the Top 20 maybe Top 15? Stanford? Dartmouth? Towson?, Hofstra?, Umass?, Richmond?, Hopkins?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Top 20 ................... Inside Lacrosse Preseason Top 20

1 North Carolina .................................. 1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse................................... 2 Maryland
3 Maryland .................................. 3 Syracuse
4 Northwestern................................... 4 Northwestern
5 Boston College................................... 5 Boston College
6 Princeton .................................. 6 Princeton
7 Virginia.................................. 7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan.................................. 8 Virginia
9 Penn.................................. 9 Denver
10 USC................................. 10 Michigan
11 Notre Dame..................................... 11 Loyola
12 Stony Brook.................................... 12 Stony Brook
13 Denver................................ 13 Florida
14 James Madison............................... 14 James Madison
15 Loyola................................ 15 Penn
16 Navy................................ 16 Navy
17 Florida............................... 17 USC
18 Colorado.......................... 18 Duke
19 Georgetown............................... 19 Georgetown
20 High Point............................... 20 Virginia Tech

Pretty similar.... 1 - 6 identical, 7 - 15 different order but all the same teams with the exception of USC and florida (IL has Florida outside the Top 15, Lax Mag has USC outside the Top 15 but both publications have them in the top 20)

What team not listed will finish in the Top 20 maybe Top 15? Stanford? Dartmouth? Towson?, Hofstra?, Umass?, Richmond?, Hopkins?

They flip Maryland and Syracuse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Stanford makes sense as they always play a weak schedule and underperform just about every time they make the NCAA tournament .Those rankings seem about right but I would put Cuse as number 1 , UNC and MD have lost more than people . USC has lost very little but same as their west coast buddy play a horrendous schedule and get over matched come the tournament .Watch out for ND ; on paper they are as good as anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious...why Syracuse at #1? They had a more solid team last year and couldn’t reach final 4? Are you saying the other teams are weaker this year and Syracuse has a better chance? I feel every year they have the talent they just can’t seem to get it together. And I can’t see losing Regy helps them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious...why Syracuse at #1? They had a more solid team last year and couldn’t reach final 4? Are you saying the other teams are weaker this year and Syracuse has a better chance? I feel every year they have the talent they just can’t seem to get it together. And I can’t see losing Regy helps them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I agree losing Reggie may hurt especially since he was replaced with a non experienced coach but I believe MD and UNC have lost more than people realize . I would move ND up much higher , I realize the coach has underperformed but I think the make round of 8 and possibly semi , too much talent .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me UNC and Maryland vs the field every year. Once you get outside the top 15 there isn't much there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me UNC and Maryland vs the field every year. Once you get outside the top 15 there isn't much there

Why is that? Is it coaching? is t that there is not enough talent to go around? is it lack of scholarship dollars? is it lack of admissions support?

Why is it that the same schools always seem to be in the Top 15?

What programs are on the rise?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that? Is it coaching? is t that there is not enough talent to go around? is it lack of scholarship dollars? is it lack of admissions support?

Why is it that the same schools always seem to be in the Top 15?

What programs are on the rise?

The schools on the rise do it for a year or 2 and then freefall back pretty quickly. UNC and Maryland are different as they are able to re-load every single year. And if you have ever watched low d1 lacrosse you will see first hand that there is very little talent on those teams. Gives most of our "pretty good" daughters tons of hope because after paying tens of thousands of dollars to club lacrosse my daughter is playing in college whether she wants to or not! Kidding...maybe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has ND “underperformed”? They had an amazing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently they didn't have all the pieces....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the post said "the (ND) Coach has underperformed". Another post said "on paper Notre Dame is as good as anyone."

Notre Dame finished 2019 ranked 9th. The Irish had an excellent year.

There is a contingent of people who have believed for years that ND has under performed.

Notre Dame is certainly one of the Top 15 or so programs in the country. The Irish have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in 8 of the past 10 years with 3 Top 10 finishes (the other two years they were ranked 25th and others receiving votes for the top 20). The knock is that they do not make the final four or win a national championship.

Notre Dame is an excellent program that consistently outperforms more than 100 other Division 1 Women's lacrosse Programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the post said "the (ND) Coach has underperformed". Another post said "on paper Notre Dame is as good as anyone."

Notre Dame finished 2019 ranked 9th. The Irish had an excellent year.

There is a contingent of people who have believed for years that ND has under performed.

Notre Dame is certainly one of the Top 15 or so programs in the country. The Irish have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in 8 of the past 10 years with 3 Top 10 finishes (the other two years they were ranked 25th and others receiving votes for the top 20). The knock is that they do not make the final four or win a national championship.

Notre Dame is an excellent program that consistently outperforms more than 100 other Division 1 Women's lacrosse Programs.

They will be on LI this year playing Hofstra March 22nd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND Should have won 2-3 Natty Championships over the last 10 years. Same for FL when Gilroy was there. Coaches couldn't coach up the kids when they needed it.

I'm not a fan of the LI/YJ taking liberties type of game, but Spallina coaches up weaker kids every year. He's tough to root for and for that he always gets a tough ncaa draw but he can coach.

Coaching matters in the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND Should have won 2-3 Natty Championships over the last 10 years. Same for FL when Gilroy was there. Coaches couldn't coach up the kids when they needed it.

I'm not a fan of the LI/YJ taking liberties type of game, but Spallina coaches up weaker kids every year. He's tough to root for and for that he always gets a tough ncaa draw but he can coach.

So, over the past 10 years Notre Dame and Florida "should have" won 50% - 60% of the National Championships games that have been played?

This could possibly be the densest post of all time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, ND & Fla should have combined to have won 60% of the National Championships over the past 10 years? Foolish statement.

As far as the Stony Brook coach goes some would say he has under achieved in the playoffs every year. As far as the "NCAA Draw" goes he gets the same as everyone else. The high in-season ranking Stony Brook has received over the years is due to their gaudy regular season record. Come Tournament time their relatively weak regular season schedule impacts their seeding. That said, from what I can tell JS is a very good coach. IMHO and also based on the programs performance during JS's tenure I would say that Stony Brook is one of the Top 15 Programs in the country along with Florida and Notre Dame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original poster however how do you think either Notre Dame or Florida would have done if you kept either roster exactly the same but changed the Head Coach ? I am not a Stony Brook fan but that man can coach. I believe Florida or ND would definitely have had a few more wins and a better draw come playoff seating with Spallina at the helm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only coaches that have over performed in relation to the talent they bring in the past several years in my opinion are JMU, SBU, Navy . UNC , MD have the most talented rosters so their success is not very surprising . Spallina has taken players who were not the most highly recruited or did not receive the most accolades and has turned them into some of the top players in the country . Some of it is a combo of his relentless hype machine, their weak schedule in a weak conference , their shameless stat padding but if they were not successful or competitive when they do play top teams no one would take notice . The guy knows how to coach . JMU has done it even better with less theatrics and probably less overall talent and their coach deserves more credit than she gets .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original poster however how do you think either Notre Dame or Florida would have done if you kept either roster exactly the same but changed the Head Coach ? I am not a Stony Brook fan but that man can coach. I believe Florida or ND would definitely have had a few more wins and a better draw come playoff seating with Spallina at the helm.

"a few more wins" is a big difference than 6 National Championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida’s best shot was with its incredible inaugural freshman class. When they were juniors/seniors was their chance to get one. Followed by the Gilroy era, still had some kick to them but less of a shot to take a championship. They have not been a serious threat since and creeping in the wrong direction ever since. ND has never been in the conversation to take one, at least from their play and results. They have always sparked “on paper” speculations, but have never been a threat to any top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida’s best shot was with its incredible inaugural freshman class. When they were juniors/seniors was their chance to get one. Followed by the Gilroy era, still had some kick to them but less of a shot to take a championship. They have not been a serious threat since and creeping in the wrong direction ever since. ND has never been in the conversation to take one, at least from their play and results. They have always sparked “on paper” speculations, but have never been a threat to any top team.

ND has been a threat to every top team but less of a threat to be able to put it together for 3-4 hard games in a row which they need to do to win a ACC or NCAA title . They have beaten some top teams over the years and on paper always look very good but I think it’s a coaching and recruiting issue . It think recruiting wise they have gotten a lot of very highly ranked and regarded players who many other programs have considered over rated and have not developed many players who maybe were not as highly regarded by many into top NCAA players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilroy is awesome. I never saw her play but met her when my daughter went on a recruiting visit to West Point. West Point was not the right fit for my daughter, but Gilroy and the head coach Skiera are the right fit for West Point. They are getting the right kids for the team AND the right kids for the academy. They really get how their team and the whole athletic program fits into the overall mission of the academy, and that they are accountable for who they recruit and how that person performs and fits overall, not just on the lacrosse field. If your kid is considering an academy, the program is on the rise, and the coaches there get the big picture of what your athlete will be doing for the next several years after they graduate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say that these highly ranked players were not overlooked by other programs but they chose to go to Notre dame instead of these other programs. Believe me I’m sure a lot of these top players had many choices as to where to play and go for college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say that these highly ranked players were not overlooked by other programs but they chose to go to Notre dame instead of these other programs. Believe me I’m sure a lot of these top players had many choices as to where to play and go for college.

No one said overlooked but perhaps overrated. Not saying that these top players did not have many choices but I know many of these highly ranked players that ended up at ND were not as highly recruited by some of the other top schools as they were by ND.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND has been a threat to every top team but less of a threat to be able to put it together for 3-4 hard games in a row which they need to do to win a ACC or NCAA title . They have beaten some top teams over the years and on paper always look very good but I think it’s a coaching and recruiting issue . It think recruiting wise they have gotten a lot of very highly ranked and regarded players who many other programs have considered over rated and have not developed many players who maybe were not as highly regarded by many into top NCAA players.

Gibberish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gibberish.

"Gibberish" the go to post of the unaware. If you have nothing to add just say nothing.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard