Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the 2020 Girls LI Showcase! | Legacy Lacrosse Calling All Goalies!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:46 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:25 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:22 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:02 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 09:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,095
Posts273,022
Members2,210
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 112 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 111 112
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #297507 12/10/19 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Common man, nobody said not to adjust since 1st grade. Adjustments are made at tryouts, adjustments are made in September. Kids come, kids go. Hopefully the team improves year to year. Adding kids right before a tournament to play on a team that isn’t theirs is wrong. 22 kids that have played together all season are now playing with 5 strangers. No thanks. Win in Denver, lose in Denver, or not got to Denver. Whatever happens, happens. Yes the age thing, it’s not cheating we get it. The term I would use is not cheating, I’d say classless.

This whole debate proves the point that grade based is the wrong construct. It should age to U15 and then go grade in the high school years. Clubs won’t change it, PAL can.. but for some reason will not. Would love to know why??? PAL directors please be effective leaders of youth lacrosse and try to change something for the better. Align with US lacrosse age guidelines make a difference. If PAL goes age, it will have a ripple effect in my opinion.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #297510 12/10/19 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will be bring some of those eligible players from Wolfpack! ! Especially the goalie, they need some force in the cage to hold in together. That team is a sinking ship and that’s the only way to stop it from sinking deeper and be an
embarrassment for 91 bring in players from the 2024, question why would they want
to travel to Delaware to lose after they just one last year.

I dunno why anyone would make another trip to Denver after wining it once. Way better things to do on the 4th of July than play down with kids younger than you. What is 91 going to do? Cut him from Wolfpack - hah! I dont think so.

TM@BOTC #297514 12/10/19 10:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would completely support PAL going age based as a town Director. 9/1 cutoff.

TM@BOTC #297518 12/10/19 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is cutting anyone from wolfpack to go help the 2025 91 team. It’s same organization. If kids went and played on a different 2025 club team for Denver tournament that would be a different story. 91 will throw some kids a bone I’m sure. Wolfpack kids trips will be paid for. Parents wouldn’t pay for that twice. Maybe next years tuition will be paid for as well. I’m sure these things would be done. Denver is becoming organization vs organization, not team vs team. Last year was incredible, the winning team were together for the entire season. No end of the year add on players.

TM@BOTC #297519 12/10/19 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just scrap the whole Denver SCAM...these teams could do so much more with that money in terms of player improvement. If I ran one of these mismanaged "Club Teams" I'd have them play a in a few more tournaments, have a team outing to Great Adventure and let some other suckers fly across the country to play on lousy fields and get a 100% cotton tee shirt! Which team will Sack-Up this year and NOT go after qualifying? Thats the team that parents should flock to next year. The rest of teh clubs should change their name to "The Sheep"

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #297524 12/10/19 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common man, nobody said not to adjust since 1st grade. Adjustments are made at tryouts, adjustments are made in September. Kids come, kids go. Hopefully the team improves year to year. Adding kids right before a tournament to play on a team that isn’t theirs is wrong. 22 kids that have played together all season are now playing with 5 strangers. No thanks. Win in Denver, lose in Denver, or not got to Denver. Whatever happens, happens. Yes the age thing, it’s not cheating we get it. The term I would use is not cheating, I’d say classless.

This whole debate proves the point that grade based is the wrong construct. It should age to U15 and then go grade in the high school years. Clubs won’t change it, PAL can.. but for some reason will not. Would love to know why??? PAL directors please be effective leaders of youth lacrosse and try to change something for the better. Align with US lacrosse age guidelines make a difference. If PAL goes age, it will have a ripple effect in my opinion.

I agree with you that youth lacrosse (prior to HS years) should be age based, but PAL has absolutely zero clout over the Club world. Hearing more and more instances at the youth level where Club kids are choosing to not play PAL. More and more clubs are becoming a year round commitment with tournaments, games/scrimmages, practices and off-season training.

PAL used to be where kids would get the stick in their hands earlier. It used to be that clubs would ramp up their practice times and tournaments as PAL season wound down. First tournaments were last weekend in May or early June and would extend to end of July/early August. But now, clubs are playing Spring tournaments as early as March and are done by early July.

I don't mean this as a slight, but PAL is now, more than ever before, geared for the developmental player (which is fantastic!!). PAL changing to an age based model will have no impact to what the Clubs are doing. The broad switch to age based is going to need to come from USL or the clubs themselves, which I won't hold my breathe on

Anonymous #297526 12/10/19 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would completely support PAL going age based as a town Director. 9/1 cutoff.

Should be a 12/31 cutoff like soccer. Should be based on birth year.

Anonymous #297534 12/10/19 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is cutting anyone from wolfpack to go help the 2025 91 team. It’s same organization. If kids went and played on a different 2025 club team for Denver tournament that would be a different story. 91 will throw some kids a bone I’m sure. Wolfpack kids trips will be paid for. Parents wouldn’t pay for that twice. Maybe next years tuition will be paid for as well. I’m sure these things would be done. Denver is becoming organization vs organization, not team vs team. Last year was incredible, the winning team were together for the entire season. No end of the year add on players.
they changed the team before the season, poaching players from all teams, offering free tution , while kids that played with the club since the fisrt grade sat and watched . All for what, they will be far from the best team this year No one cares about the tourney.

Anonymous #297562 12/11/19 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the trip will be paid for but it won't be paid for by 91. That cost will be paid by the other parents.

TM@BOTC #297574 12/12/19 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a joke as is that whole BS tournament. wake up

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #297596 12/13/19 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a joke as is that whole BS tournament. wake up

Please explain to me how the WSYL is a joke. If the only hard line in the sand true U13 tournament is a joke, then what do you call the rest of the garbage tournaments with ZERO accountability on Age, location, teams ETC?

If money is your issue then go to the PAL boards.

Anonymous #297602 12/13/19 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they changed the team before the season, poaching players from all teams, offering free tution , while kids that played with the club since the fisrt grade sat and watched . All for what, they will be far from the best team this year No one cares about the tourney.

Gonna say it here one last time because people here refuse to learn about history (repeating itself). 91 WILL WIN WSYL AGAIN! they WILL bring in pieces from places you have no idea about... to win it! This org's tentacles to reach and recruit the best players around is its unmatched advantage.

Reply to this post July 4 2020 10PM EST. I'm not taking any responses before then.

TM@BOTC #297603 12/13/19 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue with WSYL isn’t age. I love an even age tournament. No advantages with kids being older, great idea. The issue is picking up kids at the end to play in a tournament, that aren’t on the actually team. It takes away from what an actual team is. 2 kids from the grade above play for the grade below in Denver, 2 kids left their club to hop on this other team going to a Denver. This great face off kid, is jumping on another team that is going to Denver. This goalie is leaving that team, to play 2 weeks on another team going to Denver. This coach has a friend in New Jersey, who isn’t happy with the Jersey club team, so he is leaving that team and jumping on a Long Island team to go to Denver. When kids and parents see strange kids playing on their sons team and nobody even knows their names. This is the explanation of how it’s a joke.

Anonymous #297633 12/14/19 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue with WSYL isn’t age. I love an even age tournament. No advantages with kids being older, great idea. The issue is picking up kids at the end to play in a tournament, that aren’t on the actually team. It takes away from what an actual team is. 2 kids from the grade above play for the grade below in Denver, 2 kids left their club to hop on this other team going to a Denver. This great face off kid, is jumping on another team that is going to Denver. This goalie is leaving that team, to play 2 weeks on another team going to Denver. This coach has a friend in New Jersey, who isn’t happy with the Jersey club team, so he is leaving that team and jumping on a Long Island team to go to Denver. When kids and parents see strange kids playing on their sons team and nobody even knows their names. This is the explanation of how it’s a joke.

It’s about winning and if you can improve the team. I have no issue with it. If I did, I would just take my son to another club. Nice thing about club, a lot of choice. However, I admit that I can see how this would upset people in the every kid gets trophy world of today.. Solution...clubs should hold tryouts for just the WSYL. Surprised they all haven’t. Separate practice, separate roster, and another revenue stream. I would like to see the 4 best u 13 teams on LI. But let’s be honest, since the complainers can’t talk about holdbacks, they conjure up this rent a player thing to complain about.

TM@BOTC #297639 12/15/19 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know how people will stop with the rent a player complaints. I have the answer. Don’t rent players. Renting players and winning isn’t winning. Not much more to say on the topic.

Page 71 of 112 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard