Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the 2020 Girls LI Showcase! | Legacy Lacrosse Calling All Goalies!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 12:29 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 12:03 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 11:59 AM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 11:46 AM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 11:35 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,095
Posts272,948
Members2,209
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 840 of 845 1 2 838 839 840 841 842 844 845
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Anonymous #297412 12/06/19 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yellow Jackets 2028 coach has the best scam going. She’s the coach of the team and you can do private lessons with her too!! Talk about a conflict of interest.

That may be true, but she's also an excellent role model for young girls and her Lacrosse IQ is probably superior to any coach in that organization sans Spalina.

Does she favor the kids who do privates? Yeah maybe, but those kids are the strongest players anyway so it really doesn't matter.

See this is the problem "but those kids are the strongest anyway so it really doesn't matter" NEWS FLASH just because you pay to be a YJ does not automatically make you the best player. When was the last time you heard of the YJ's making player cuts? Everyone with a stick and a check makes the club so you cant make the statement that you did

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

BoardLord #297417 12/06/19 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I'm not bashing YJ at all. Read it again. I like CR. In fact, if you read what I wrote again, you'll see I'm very complimentary about her. Yes, she double dips, but so do a bunch of other clubs. She's a smart businesswoman. I don't fault her for that or anything else. CR was good to me and my daughter. I've never seen anyone kissing SL butt, that's what I said. You have, okay. No need to freak out. I said club recruiting connections are not as important as they used to be. That has nothing to do with YJ or Legacy. It's simply a result of the recruiting rules change. You go berserk and go on the attack. It's pretty odd. I guess you're very self-conscious or something. Either way, I'm sorry my opinion bothers you, but it's still my opinion. Last I checked, that wasn't illegal.

You are obviously just too dense to understand you are being insulting and a few of your quotes below are bashing YJ.
"YJ went from "elite" to accepting anyone"
"only place where the customer kisses the business' butt"
" Its cult like"

Your club connections comment are also ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297419 12/06/19 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2028 coach has the best scam going. She’s the coach of the team and you can do private lessons with her too!! Talk about a conflict of interest.

That may be true, but she's also an excellent role model for young girls and her Lacrosse IQ is probably superior to any coach in that organization sans Spalina.

Does she favor the kids who do privates? Yeah maybe, but those kids are the strongest players anyway so it really doesn't matter.

There are 3 different teams for YJ 2028. I was talking about Majet. If you are taking about the same person then you are out of your mind. She doesn’t even have 1/16th of the resume that Spallina has. She’s never even coached a high school team.

Yup was talking about another YJ coach, Majet was awful. Was there for a bit last year and she seemed way over her head. Luckily they have a really strong team dad who essentially runs the team for her and makes all the decisions. One of the dad's told me they actually brought in another coach this fall to train the girls so I'm guessing the organization knows she's not a long term solution for the "A" team.

Much happier this year with a different team which is more focused on teaching rather than winning at such a young age. That said you can't argue with the YJ's results and there are some great players, coaches, and families over there. Maybe it will be a better fit for us down the road.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297431 12/06/19 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 3 different teams for YJ 2028. I was talking about Majet. If you are taking about the same person then you are out of your mind. She doesn’t even have 1/16th of the resume that Spallina has. She’s never even coached a high school team.

Yup was talking about another YJ coach, Majet was awful. Was there for a bit last year and she seemed way over her head. Luckily they have a really strong team dad who essentially runs the team for her and makes all the decisions. One of the dad's told me they actually brought in another coach this fall to train the girls so I'm guessing the organization knows she's not a long term solution for the "A" team.

Much happier this year with a different team which is more focused on teaching rather than winning at such a young age. That said you can't argue with the YJ's results and there are some great players, coaches, and families over there. Maybe it will be a better fit for us down the road.

You are correct. What’s even better is that the super team dad also seems to “coach “ also. Meanwhile he’s never played a day of lacrosse in his life. For such an elite organization it’s embarrassing that he’s on the sideline coaching. She has no business coaching 4th grade girls. Shes a horrible coach who cares nothing making young girls better. I’m assuming your talking about lomangino. I’ve heard nothing but great things about her.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #297433 12/06/19 06:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our young overmatched coach shows up with flip flops and just schmoozes with us parents. I would love a qualified coach sonce we pay the same as everyone else

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #297440 12/07/19 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See this is the problem "but those kids are the strongest anyway so it really doesn't matter" NEWS FLASH just because you pay to be a YJ does not automatically make you the best player. When was the last time you heard of the YJ's making player cuts? Everyone with a stick and a check makes the club so you cant make the statement that you did

Not the original poster but guessing they meant the strongest kids on that coach's team, not across the Island. Don't worry, your princess is still one of the best.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #297441 12/07/19 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297449 12/07/19 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

I understand your point. But that’s not this guy. Believe me

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297461 12/08/19 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount a coach for not having played the game either.

It's been laughable to witness which coaches become elevated or branded in the discussion of the top leaders on Long Island. Spend a season or two (high school and-or summer) around the top names and you realize it's all smoke and mirrors as they have a lot of people fooled.

This is not a particularly hard sport to coach at the high school or travel levels. Don't let them fool you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297466 12/08/19 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount a coach for not having played the game either.

It's been laughable to witness which coaches become elevated or branded in the discussion of the top leaders on Long Island. Spend a season or two (high school and-or summer) around the top names and you realize it's all smoke and mirrors as they have a lot of people fooled.

This is not a particularly hard sport to coach at the high school or travel levels. Don't let them fool you.

You sound like one of those parents who always think they know more than the coach. It’s actually one of the more difficult sports to coach as you rarely have a high school team with a full field of good players and their lax IQ are even worse . Then throw in the know it all parents who tell their kids how the game “ should be played” after every game , bad referees , kids who have been told they are the best by mommy and daddy and it’s actually difficult to be successful every year.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #297486 12/09/19 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #297492 12/09/19 02:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the good news, If your daughter really wants to play in college she is absolutely in the right sport. Once you get outside the top 15 D1 teams or so the talent really falls off and when you get down to teams ranked about #100 its like watching LI PAL. Many teams are almost glorified walk ones especially in low D1 D2 plus new schools are adding the sport every year and there just aren't enough quality kids to fill out the rosters. My kid had a great ride at a D3 school and she wasn't even a starter on her LI HS team. So save some of that money on privates, get a tutor, and then send them to a school that they want to go to and just let her play

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297497 12/09/19 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the good news, If your daughter really wants to play in college she is absolutely in the right sport. Once you get outside the top 15 D1 teams or so the talent really falls off and when you get down to teams ranked about #100 its like watching LI PAL. Many teams are almost glorified walk ones especially in low D1 D2 plus new schools are adding the sport every year and there just aren't enough quality kids to fill out the rosters. My kid had a great ride at a D3 school and she wasn't even a starter on her LI HS team. So save some of that money on privates, get a tutor, and then send them to a school that they want to go to and just let her play

I'm happy your daughter had a great D3 experience but telling others how to spend their money seems a bit over the top. My daughter worked and trained her butt off and had a great D1 experience. Every kid is different.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #297501 12/09/19 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has thousands of travel soccer teams but how many girls play in college? Girls lacrosse has a fraction of the teams but a disproportionate amount of girls playing in college. Its an easier path

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297503 12/09/19 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Page 840 of 845 1 2 838 839 840 841 842 844 845
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard