BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a joke, they have a goalie. Are they going to bench him so the other goalie can WIN IT for them cheaters for sure. The don't have the faith in their own team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 is a joke, they have a goalie. Are they going to bench him so the other goalie can WIN IT for them cheaters for sure. The don't have the faith in their own team.

91 will poach best players from Express right before qualifier roster submission. See last year's team if you don't believe. They are in the business of winning ($). And they are addicted to winning WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 will poach best players from Express right before qualifier roster submission. See last year's team if you don't believe. They are in the business of winning ($). And they are addicted to winning WSYL.

Trust me...the best Express players will not go to 91. I can guarantee that. And it’s u13, so please... talking to all teams bring all the age eligible players you can find that is willing to go. It’s not cheating, so bring it. I wish every team would like Sweet Lax and Prime Time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the rules it’s not cheating. It’s age eligible we get it. Some teams come July, may not know some of the boys they are playing with that are wearing the same jersey. Some parents may not know some of the parents standing next to them. It’s funny when the coach starts calling some of the kids, young man or number 42 because they don’t know boys names on the team they supposedly coach. You right though. It’s not cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me...the best Express players will not go to 91. I can guarantee that. And it’s u13, so please... talking to all teams bring all the age eligible players you can find that is willing to go. It’s not cheating, so bring it. I wish every team would like Sweet Lax and Prime Time.

91 also has to figure out how to explain the 2024 from Florida to the WSYL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ? Not a game changer, just another piece. If they let him in it changes nothing. In fact they have better options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ? Not a game changer, just another piece. If they let him in it changes nothing. In fact they have better options.

I get the whole holdback argument and understand why it frustrates people. But stacking a team to play in an age based tourney is fine. All these teams are grade based throughout the year. Why not just build a Denver team. Makes all the sense in the world. Yes, I know this will bump kids from the grade roster but so what. If my sons team is going, let’s put the team in the best position to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team has a good shot at going far in Denver. If we need to add strange kids at the end to jump in with our team jersey to try and help us win, I’d rather not win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team has a good shot at going far in Denver. If we need to add strange kids at the end to jump in with our team jersey to try and help us win, I’d rather not win.

That’s fine and I understand that. But just because every team is constructed since 1st grade as grade, that’ doesn’t mean you shouldn’t adjust to improve the team for an age based tourney. And not just any tourney, a nationally televised tourney. If you can improve the team, improve it. I will say a team should let all the families know that very on they are adding for the WSYL Just bumping a kid with no warning stinks and I am sure that will fire people up.. But if there is transparently, all good. I will say if your son is not in the roster, you need to find a another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common man, nobody said not to adjust since 1st grade. Adjustments are made at tryouts, adjustments are made in September. Kids come, kids go. Hopefully the team improves year to year. Adding kids right before a tournament to play on a team that isn’t theirs is wrong. 22 kids that have played together all season are now playing with 5 strangers. No thanks. Win in Denver, lose in Denver, or not got to Denver. Whatever happens, happens. Yes the age thing, it’s not cheating we get it. The term I would use is not cheating, I’d say classless.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common man, nobody said not to adjust since 1st grade. Adjustments are made at tryouts, adjustments are made in September. Kids come, kids go. Hopefully the team improves year to year. Adding kids right before a tournament to play on a team that isn’t theirs is wrong. 22 kids that have played together all season are now playing with 5 strangers. No thanks. Win in Denver, lose in Denver, or not got to Denver. Whatever happens, happens. Yes the age thing, it’s not cheating we get it. The term I would use is not cheating, I’d say classless.

This whole debate proves the point that grade based is the wrong construct. It should age to U15 and then go grade in the high school years. Clubs won’t change it, PAL can.. but for some reason will not. Would love to know why??? PAL directors please be effective leaders of youth lacrosse and try to change something for the better. Align with US lacrosse age guidelines make a difference. If PAL goes age, it will have a ripple effect in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will be bring some of those eligible players from Wolfpack! ! Especially the goalie, they need some force in the cage to hold in together. That team is a sinking ship and that’s the only way to stop it from sinking deeper and be an
embarrassment for 91 bring in players from the 2024, question why would they want
to travel to Delaware to lose after they just one last year.

I dunno why anyone would make another trip to Denver after wining it once. Way better things to do on the 4th of July than play down with kids younger than you. What is 91 going to do? Cut him from Wolfpack - hah! I dont think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would completely support PAL going age based as a town Director. 9/1 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is cutting anyone from wolfpack to go help the 2025 91 team. It’s same organization. If kids went and played on a different 2025 club team for Denver tournament that would be a different story. 91 will throw some kids a bone I’m sure. Wolfpack kids trips will be paid for. Parents wouldn’t pay for that twice. Maybe next years tuition will be paid for as well. I’m sure these things would be done. Denver is becoming organization vs organization, not team vs team. Last year was incredible, the winning team were together for the entire season. No end of the year add on players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just scrap the whole Denver SCAM...these teams could do so much more with that money in terms of player improvement. If I ran one of these mismanaged "Club Teams" I'd have them play a in a few more tournaments, have a team outing to Great Adventure and let some other suckers fly across the country to play on lousy fields and get a 100% cotton tee shirt! Which team will Sack-Up this year and NOT go after qualifying? Thats the team that parents should flock to next year. The rest of teh clubs should change their name to "The Sheep"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This whole debate proves the point that grade based is the wrong construct. It should age to U15 and then go grade in the high school years. Clubs won’t change it, PAL can.. but for some reason will not. Would love to know why??? PAL directors please be effective leaders of youth lacrosse and try to change something for the better. Align with US lacrosse age guidelines make a difference. If PAL goes age, it will have a ripple effect in my opinion.

I agree with you that youth lacrosse (prior to HS years) should be age based, but PAL has absolutely zero clout over the Club world. Hearing more and more instances at the youth level where Club kids are choosing to not play PAL. More and more clubs are becoming a year round commitment with tournaments, games/scrimmages, practices and off-season training.

PAL used to be where kids would get the stick in their hands earlier. It used to be that clubs would ramp up their practice times and tournaments as PAL season wound down. First tournaments were last weekend in May or early June and would extend to end of July/early August. But now, clubs are playing Spring tournaments as early as March and are done by early July.

I don't mean this as a slight, but PAL is now, more than ever before, geared for the developmental player (which is fantastic!!). PAL changing to an age based model will have no impact to what the Clubs are doing. The broad switch to age based is going to need to come from USL or the clubs themselves, which I won't hold my breathe on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would completely support PAL going age based as a town Director. 9/1 cutoff.

Should be a 12/31 cutoff like soccer. Should be based on birth year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is cutting anyone from wolfpack to go help the 2025 91 team. It’s same organization. If kids went and played on a different 2025 club team for Denver tournament that would be a different story. 91 will throw some kids a bone I’m sure. Wolfpack kids trips will be paid for. Parents wouldn’t pay for that twice. Maybe next years tuition will be paid for as well. I’m sure these things would be done. Denver is becoming organization vs organization, not team vs team. Last year was incredible, the winning team were together for the entire season. No end of the year add on players.
they changed the team before the season, poaching players from all teams, offering free tution , while kids that played with the club since the fisrt grade sat and watched . All for what, they will be far from the best team this year No one cares about the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the trip will be paid for but it won't be paid for by 91. That cost will be paid by the other parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a joke as is that whole BS tournament. wake up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year was a joke as is that whole BS tournament. wake up

Please explain to me how the WSYL is a joke. If the only hard line in the sand true U13 tournament is a joke, then what do you call the rest of the garbage tournaments with ZERO accountability on Age, location, teams ETC?

If money is your issue then go to the PAL boards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they changed the team before the season, poaching players from all teams, offering free tution , while kids that played with the club since the fisrt grade sat and watched . All for what, they will be far from the best team this year No one cares about the tourney.

Gonna say it here one last time because people here refuse to learn about history (repeating itself). 91 WILL WIN WSYL AGAIN! they WILL bring in pieces from places you have no idea about... to win it! This org's tentacles to reach and recruit the best players around is its unmatched advantage.

Reply to this post July 4 2020 10PM EST. I'm not taking any responses before then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue with WSYL isn’t age. I love an even age tournament. No advantages with kids being older, great idea. The issue is picking up kids at the end to play in a tournament, that aren’t on the actually team. It takes away from what an actual team is. 2 kids from the grade above play for the grade below in Denver, 2 kids left their club to hop on this other team going to a Denver. This great face off kid, is jumping on another team that is going to Denver. This goalie is leaving that team, to play 2 weeks on another team going to Denver. This coach has a friend in New Jersey, who isn’t happy with the Jersey club team, so he is leaving that team and jumping on a Long Island team to go to Denver. When kids and parents see strange kids playing on their sons team and nobody even knows their names. This is the explanation of how it’s a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue with WSYL isn’t age. I love an even age tournament. No advantages with kids being older, great idea. The issue is picking up kids at the end to play in a tournament, that aren’t on the actually team. It takes away from what an actual team is. 2 kids from the grade above play for the grade below in Denver, 2 kids left their club to hop on this other team going to a Denver. This great face off kid, is jumping on another team that is going to Denver. This goalie is leaving that team, to play 2 weeks on another team going to Denver. This coach has a friend in New Jersey, who isn’t happy with the Jersey club team, so he is leaving that team and jumping on a Long Island team to go to Denver. When kids and parents see strange kids playing on their sons team and nobody even knows their names. This is the explanation of how it’s a joke.

It’s about winning and if you can improve the team. I have no issue with it. If I did, I would just take my son to another club. Nice thing about club, a lot of choice. However, I admit that I can see how this would upset people in the every kid gets trophy world of today.. Solution...clubs should hold tryouts for just the WSYL. Surprised they all haven’t. Separate practice, separate roster, and another revenue stream. I would like to see the 4 best u 13 teams on LI. But let’s be honest, since the complainers can’t talk about holdbacks, they conjure up this rent a player thing to complain about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know how people will stop with the rent a player complaints. I have the answer. Don’t rent players. Renting players and winning isn’t winning. Not much more to say on the topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having gone to it and having a kid on a good team WYSL was great experience. His team did not win the whole thing but did win their division and picked up a couple kids a year in advance of it. Everybody for most part was fine with it because you do not want to go there and not be competitive. Those kids they picked up still with club by the way and they didn't take spots of kids basically just balanced out kids we lost due to the age requirement. It is a great experience if you have a team that can be competitive. If you cannot play with the teams from the northeast then you are in for a long couple days. TRUE out of Illinois last year was right there with all the Northeast teams and I think they were the only team in the Quarterfinals not from the Northeast. Denver Elite another program that comes to the Northeast to play tournaments and have a solid team as well that competes. If I was a parent NOT from the Northeast I would push my club to play a tournament in Philly, MD or Long Island to see where you stand before committing to Denver. I cannot imagine going there and losing games by 15 goals consistently not fun or helping your kids get better.

The rent a player model is done by a lot of teams for this tournament other regions have to to be able to compete. Have to remember also the age requirement literally takes a lot of teams out of this tournament so the pools are shallow and it opens up spots on teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is stil going on about WSYL? BOOOOORING Change the name to WSYLH....the H stands for "HEIST" WAKE UP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bitter? 2025 year WYSL will be a big deal rather you like or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big deal to who? Express? The kids? Noone gives a rat's arse. Its irrelevant in the big picture. Its a money grab and an avenue for disgruntled parents trying to re-live their past thru their kids....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is stil going on about WSYL? BOOOOORING Change the name to WSYLH....the H stands for "HEIST" WAKE UP

Feel free to change it and bring up a fresh topic that’s worth discussing. Even though I am sure you’ll be watching the game on TV, or setting the DVR. Be honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I may set the DVR. I’ll be enjoying my friends BBQ and firework show. That’s being honest. I’ll roll in after a great day about 10 pm, when fireworks are over. After a fun day and night of eating, drinking and fireworks, with 30 of our friends, I’ll be tired. I’ll brush my teeth, I’ll go to bed. I’ll be honest once again, I’m going to say to myself, I’m glad that 4400 bucks is still in my checking account.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I may set the DVR. I’ll be enjoying my friends BBQ and firework show. That’s being honest. I’ll roll in after a great day about 10 pm, when fireworks are over. After a fun day and night of eating, drinking and fireworks, with 30 of our friends, I’ll be tired. I’ll brush my teeth, I’ll go to bed. I’ll be honest once again, I’m going to say to myself, I’m glad that 4400 bucks is still in my checking account.

Lol, but you’ll still watch the game. I’ll take the over on the 4400

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, but you’ll still watch the game. I’ll take the over on the 4400
easy 6-7,000 depending on how many going . highway robbery..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch a re-run of 13 yr old lacrosse for a tournament that you didn't attend? Anyone that is doing that should look in the mirror and come to the conclusion that they have failed miserably in life and that your son may follow in your footsteps if you dont clean up your act. WSYL is nothing more than a mind screw on unsuspecting parents or for parents that want to believe that gasoline tastes like water. Take the $7500 and see a therapist due. You will get more bang for your buck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$10k for a family of four to go out rent a car, hotel, food, flights, and all the apparel that you buy a complete money grab and when your kid is a Senior in HS they will say that was a waste of time and money ... Good Luck make sure you bring your credit card

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these diluted parents think WSYL is the Holy Grail of Lax. Who won it 2 yrs ago? Who played in the finals? Who scored the most goals last year? What did the T shirt look like? The answer is WHO GIVES A SHIZZLE!!!!!. If the "Prestigious" lax clubs are reading this, and I know most of you do, then you should be able to figure out that most parents have no interest in this BS event. Do something more fruitful with your team this year. Develop them. Play more local tourneys, do a team building event that they will remember in a year from now. Dont drink the WSYL gasoline and tell the parents and kids that it is water. Do that and your all gonna get burnt. And just think: The most despised club on LI can then boast "We won a tournament that noone attended" WHOOP DEE darn DOO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We already knew the Geese coach never actually played for Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$10k for a family of four to go out rent a car, hotel, food, flights, and all the apparel that you buy a complete money grab and when your kid is a Senior in HS they will say that was a waste of time and money ... Good Luck make sure you bring your credit card

I know this sounds horrible but those of us who can easily afford to shell $10-20k without batting an eye are secretly snickering and looking down on you because you failed to be financially successful in life to afford such things. In the end, our families get memories (good and bad) and you get to stay in your vinyl sided ranch house on a postage stamp lot and chances are, your kids will work for ours when they finish college (assuming yours go to one). Again, I'm saying this because of your arrogant tone and someone has to put you in your place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this sounds horrible but those of us who can easily afford to shell $10-20k without batting an eye are secretly snickering and looking down on you because you failed to be financially successful in life to afford such things. In the end, our families get memories (good and bad) and you get to stay in your vinyl sided ranch house on a postage stamp lot and chances are, your kids will work for ours when they finish college (assuming yours go to one). Again, I'm saying this because of your arrogant tone and someone has to put you in your place.

People who have the money are looking at you snickering at the fact you need this more then your kid does!

Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard